PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought and played through Batman Origins Blackgate on my vita and I have to say that the game is pretty average. It's just ok.

The game itself is fun to find secrets in but I found the boss fights to be the extreme of either too simple or frustrating. That could just be me though.
Good to know. Might hold out for Plus since I have some other stuff to play.

Is the community for Call of Duty Declassified still active? And also what is the best place to buy a memory card?

Man, I love my Vita, but I will be damned, it is the most expensive console I've owned. Even the cheap games aren't that cheap relatively speaking. 

I just needed to rant about that for a second.

Vita games are pretty cheap if you have plus. And into JRPGs. My wife played Persona 4 for two months hogging the Vita until now, and my turn hasn't even started.

I have been squeezing in some soul sacrifice time, and behold, massive grinding before the final boss. Maybe that is going to last me another month.

Did Sony stop making 16gb memory cards or something?   Can't find them anywhere in stock and Amazon sold out and has been just going up in price as it works its way down the list of 3rd party sellers.

Did Sony stop making 16gb memory cards or something? Can't find them anywhere in stock and Amazon sold out and has been just going up in price as it works its way down the list of 3rd party sellers.
Not sure, but I highly advise you to aim for a 32gb or (even better) a 64gb memory card for the Vita. I have a 32gb and its jammed with about 80 games, with not much remaining space. And I do have a mix of games of all types, such as PS Mobile, PS Mini, PSP, and Vita indie or full-sized games. I still have one 4gb, one 8gb, and one 16gb card that I don't use. I should have just bit the bullet back in the day and gotten a 32gb to start with!

What i really want is AC: Liberation for 10.00 Thats what i think its worth. Its almost everywhere online for 12-18. Im also looking for a cheap mem card. But idk. i can hold off for a little while. At least until modnation racers because unavailable on ps plus.

that's a nice deal.
That's a nice joke.

Too bad only a "super niche" group will find it funny. :D/

But really, why only pick on my message and not the other several messages that aren't deals? Or do you just go around calling out every single reply that isn't a deal? Must be tiring. Check out the Amazon Digital PC thread if you're bored, you'll go crazy.

Any current deals on a new vita going on? I have been hunting down one for my bro's bday but didnt want to get him a used one.

Any current deals on a new vita going on? I have been hunting down one for my bro's bday but didnt want to get him a used one.

Play-Asia has 64GB Vita Memory cards for $92.79 with free shipping right now:
http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb-paOS-13-49-en-70-7279.html

They're still obscenely over-priced IMO, but it's also the cheapest I've ever seen them so I finally caved and ordered one.
I'll finally be able to install/play all of my PS+ games! :)
Well, that hurts a little considering I paid $96.99 with free shipping for mine, but at least it isn't $79.99 or something like that. :whistle2:#

Play-Asia has 64GB Vita Memory cards for $92.79 with free shipping right now:
http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb-paOS-13-49-en-70-7279.html

They're still obscenely over-priced IMO, but it's also the cheapest I've ever seen them so I finally caved and ordered one.
I'll finally be able to install/play all of my PS+ games! :)
Damn, this is a great deal(in regards to current pricing of course). Do I really need 64GB? I've got about 10GB free on my 32GB card, so I don't really think I can justify this purchase, but this is the best price I've seen on the 64GB card since it's been released. I don't have any full retail games on my card, but I have tons of PSN, Sony Mobile games, but I don't think I'll run out of space anytime soon, but this is very tempting.

I'm thinking 16gb is perfect size for me - can find for around $35 on ebay so it doesn't feel like I'm paying a ton for it.   Plus I only play about 1 or 2 games at a time.   I really don't care about having a whole library at my disposal as I usually only play it on the couch or in bed.   Can just move games off of the Vita onto PC.   So not sure it's worth the extra $30 or so to have unused space... .hmm decisions.

Damn, this is a great deal(in regards to current pricing of course). Do I really need 64GB? I've got about 10GB free on my 32GB card, so I don't really think I can justify this purchase, but this is the best price I've seen on the 64GB card since it's been released. I don't have any full retail games on my card, but I have tons of PSN, Sony Mobile games, but I don't think I'll run out of space anytime soon, but this is very tempting.
If you don't mind backing up the files on your 32GB card (either through the cloud if you're a PS+ member or to your PS3/PC via Wi-Fi or USB cable), then you could get the 64GB card, transfer the data to it, format the 32GB card, then sell that card online for $60-$70. I did this for the two 32GB cards I had before upgrading to the 64GB and had no trouble whatsoever selling both of them.

If you don't mind backing up the files on your 32GB card (either through the cloud if you're a PS+ member or to your PS3/PC via Wi-Fi or USB cable), then you could get the 64GB card, transfer the data to it, format the 32GB card, then sell that card online for $60-$70. I did this for the two 32GB cards I had before upgrading to the 64GB and had no trouble whatsoever selling both of them.
Thanks for the advice. I'm a regular Ebay seller, and I've actually sold a 4GB, and 8GB cards in the past, so the 32GB wouldn't be an issue. I've actually upgraded cards a few times, so I'm good in that area as well. Is the current going rate still $60-$70 for the 32GB cards? Damn, that's crazy! Yeah, I might have to bite on this, as I'm sure getting top dollar for my 32GB card wouldn't be an issue, then I would only be paying 20-25 for the 64GB when it's all said and done. Mmmmmmm, decisions/decisions?

you obviously never owned a saturn.
Or a jaguar.

I'm just saying for a modern handheld system it is pretty pricey (not the most expensive) just pricey.

Also, I have ps+, but the memory is stupid. I can afford it, but it was more of a comment in general. I feel like it is expensive for no reason save Sony just wants to make $$$ money off it, which makes it less popular....which makes them make less $$$ from it. Just sorta weird from an outside observation. Idkdkkddkk

In any case, I should buy a 32gb card with that gamestop code. Blerg.

Or a jaguar.

I'm just saying for a modern handheld system it is pretty pricey (not the most expensive) just pricey.

Also, I have ps+, but the memory is stupid. I can afford it, but it was more of a comment in general. I feel like it is expensive for no reason save Sony just wants to make $$$ money off it, which makes it less popular....which makes them make less $$$ from it. Just sorta weird from an outside observation. Idkdkkddkk

In any case, I should buy a 32gb card with that gamestop code. Blerg.
Agreed the memory is a huge rip off that it almost seems best to get a system used from somewhere like cowboom just so your system + memory card price = normal cost of a vita. I hate proprietary memory with a passion. I mean I needed more memory for my 3DS XL, so I just ordered a cheap memory card for around 14ish dollars. Way easier though the 3DS XL digital store system is inferior. I love the graphics on the vita, the controls are better, and the games are usually high quality, but the bad memory prices along with a low battery life and not very many sony developed titles equals a little less liking, though the niche games save it out. I am glad I have both though so I can enjoy all the portable RPGs and niche games along with some platformers (lots of Nintendo platformers) which I love on the go.

Agreed the memory is a huge rip off that it almost seems best to get a system used from somewhere like cowboom just so your system + memory card price = normal cost of a vita. I hate proprietary memory with a passion. I mean I needed more memory for my 3DS XL, so I just ordered a cheap memory card for around 14ish dollars. Way easier though the 3DS XL digital store system is inferior. I love the graphics on the vita, the controls are better, and the games are usually high quality, but the bad memory prices along with a low battery life and not very many sony developed titles equals a little less liking, though the niche games save it out. I am glad I have both though so I can enjoy all the portable RPGs and niche games along with some platformers (lots of Nintendo platformers) which I love on the go.
Just thought I'd chime in - the memory isn't proprietary for "no reason". I read this article http://yifan.lu/2013/09/10/why-hacking-the-vita-is-hard-or-a-history-of-first-hacks/ today, which was very interesting. Basically the dude says the vita is the most secure system there has been, and part of the reason why is that it's very hard/expensive to get at any of the data. So it seems to come from a holistic approach to security on Sony's end, which is a response to the rampant piracy on the PSP (which hurt the system enormously, btw).

Anyway, I'm not arguing that it doesn't suck that the memory is proprietary and expensive, because it does suck (esp compared to the 3DS), just observing that there are like, valid reasons for it. Sony seems to have done a pretty good job fixing the piracy parts from the PSP, between the security of the Vita (difficulty) and the instant game library for PS+ (motivation isn't there).

Not to be a party pooper, but essentially for the past weak every time I come to this thread there is zero discussion on cheap games or any deals, just talks on memory cards and other things. Could we please get back on topic?

Lol I did ask for some mem card deals. But to everyone who's planning on selling off their old cards I would be willing to buy one. PM me. Honestly right now I'm just looking for an 8gb

Rats, looks like I missed the play-asia 64gb mem card deal :(  Do they routinely have it on sale or something?  I figured it would last over the weekend.

Rats, looks like I missed the play-asia 64gb mem card deal :( Do they routinely have it on sale or something? I figured it would last over the weekend.
It was a part of their big spring sale of 20% all in stock merchandise. The only excluded items are new merch, otherwise, as long as an items in inventory, it's 20% off. I believe this sale is only once a year, but it last until the 28th, so if it restocks by then, you may be able to get in on the deal.

Not to be a party pooper, but essentially for the past weak every time I come to this thread there is zero discussion on cheap games or any deals, just talks on memory cards and other things. Could we please get back on topic?
Have you been to the PSN thread?

Just thought I'd chime in - the memory isn't proprietary for "no reason". I read this article http://yifan.lu/2013/09/10/why-hacking-the-vita-is-hard-or-a-history-of-first-hacks/ today, which was very interesting. Basically the dude says the vita is the most secure system there has been, and part of the reason why is that it's very hard/expensive to get at any of the data. So it seems to come from a holistic approach to security on Sony's end, which is a response to the rampant piracy on the PSP (which hurt the system enormously, btw).

Anyway, I'm not arguing that it doesn't suck that the memory is proprietary and expensive, because it does suck (esp compared to the 3DS), just observing that there are like, valid reasons for it. Sony seems to have done a pretty good job fixing the piracy parts from the PSP, between the security of the Vita (difficulty) and the instant game library for PS+ (motivation isn't there).
There was also most likely a huge push from developers and/or publishers or else they wouldn't risk developing for the platform if the piracy was as rampant as it was on the PSP.

If the thread stays "on topic", it will basically drop way off the front screen, out of sight. Look at the PSN and XBL threads, they are mainly "off-topic" but they do contain a lot of interesting discussions about games in general (along with a lot of extraneous junk). While I agree that it would be nice to have Vita deals in every post in this thread, there really haven't been enough deals lately to keep it afloat, so off-topic (but somewhat releated) banter is fine with me.

Also the whole idea behind this thread isn't exactly rock solid.  If there are any "good" deals on Vita games out there, they'll get posted in a new thread anyway.

Also the whole idea behind this thread isn't exactly rock solid. If there are any "good" deals on Vita games out there, they'll get posted in a new thread anyway.
Think this thread is mainly for physical copies and vita accessories every now and then it seems. The PSN thread has deals as well and usually good ones, but yeah they're usually not mentioned here often. Not to mention more niche titles are mainly coming out for the vita and rarely get sales outside MSRP drops. Still a good thread and I can't wait till someone puts some good prices for Hot Shots Golf and Lumines, as those are the two physical games I would want still other than Shinobido 2, which looks ok, but not a high want.

It's funny how one post about 'off topic' banter tends to spawn multiple posts that are even more off topic than the original off topic complaint was about.

Lesson learned? The complainers are the worst offenders.

Finally bit the bullet on one of those Cowboom deals for a Vita and went for it.

I really wish I bought Killzone Mercs on one of those damn PSN sales now, oh well.

It seems full price everywhere - any deals on it?

bread's done
Back