PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Would killzone mercenary still be worth getting at this price after shipping and sales tax bump it up to $20? Do you think it will go on sale for cheaper on PSN?
It was $9 on PSN a few months ago, and many are hoping it'll be a free PS+ title soon.

So one of May's PS+ Vita games is Muramasa for EU. Any chance U.S. gets that too or are they usually different titles?
Well payday 2 is coming in may for eu but has already been on plus for the us, so who knows, should know for the us market in the next few days.

So one of May's PS+ Vita games is Muramasa for EU. Any chance U.S. gets that too or are they usually different titles?
umm prob not, that is one game that has hold it's value, Also EU & US do different games. I own Murasama and recommend it to anyone who owns a vita.

umm prob not, that is one game that has hold it's value, Also EU & US do different games. I own Murasama and recommend it to anyone who owns a vita.
At this point I'll hold out for a sale considering I'll likely buy the DLC. Honestly though, Sony has been so generous with free Vita games and sales that they really are running thin in content. I could see Muramasa easily making PS+ in a month or so.

I wouldn't necessarily go by value since we've already received Soul Sacrifice.
SS is by Sony though, big difference. One of the reasons we have gotten uncharted for both ps3 and vita.

At this point I'll hold out for a sale considering I'll likely buy the DLC. Honestly though, Sony has been so generous with free Vita games and sales that they really are running thin in content. I could see Muramasa easily making PS+ in a month or so.
Maybe, who knows with them, last few months have improved considerably on their game selection and as you say there are only a few more games they can start giving out for free by now.

That's why I'm trying to figure out how to best snatch up injustice, batman, and cel damage.
I enjoyed all the Batman games on the PS3 and was disappointed with the Vita Version. Plenty of back tracking and crawling through duct work with the controls not being all that good. $10 yes over $20 stay away.

Bought myself a Vita about 3 hours ago. Already have 22 games on it thanks to PS+.

Any good cheap games I need to know about?
Persona 4 Golden. You should have Gravity Rush from PS+. Amazon was selling Tearaway for $15 yesterday but I don't know if that's still the going price.

Can't recommend P4G enough, though.

I can't imagine anyone would give him grief for mentioning it in a related thread. It's not like he started a duplicate thread about it after all.
Yeah you are probably right but the way i see threads derail and how some people come off sometimes for someone posting about a deal, just figured id post something.

IMO this thread should be closed too.

Trying to decide if I should get Injustice while it's cheap for PS+? Any thoughts on it? I've been wanting to play it, but I just got the Vita and I already have 30 games on it that I need to play. Same reason I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on Killzone. I just dropped 79 on the damn memory card alone. 

Trying to decide if I should get Injustice while it's cheap for PS+? Any thoughts on it? I've been wanting to play it, but I just got the Vita and I already have 30 games on it that I need to play. Same reason I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on Killzone. I just dropped 79 on the damn memory card alone.

If it's 30 games into your backlog it's not worth it. It's decent. The trophies are grindy. I thought it was fairly fun with active online (BEFORE this promotion). Graphics are not as good as consoles by a long shot. Story is OK. I didn't have noticeable stutters or clipping during fights. Combo's can be hard to pull off on the vita though.

If it's 30 games into your backlog it's not worth it. It's decent. The trophies are grindy. I thought it was fairly fun with active online (BEFORE this promotion). Graphics are not as good as consoles by a long shot. Story is OK. I didn't have noticeable stutters or clipping during fights. Combo's can be hard to pull off on the vita though.
You probably should have quoted his post about Injustice, since he asked about Blackgate since then.

[quote name="Abeja" post="11721947" timestamp="1398745835"]Yeah you are probably right but the way i see threads derail and how some people come off sometimes for someone posting about a deal, just figured id post something.

IMO this thread should be closed too.[/quote]

This thread stays pretty much on topic. I like that I can go here for sales specifically for the vita rather than have to sift through a big "all systems" or "certain store" sale thread. Why should it be closed?

This thread stays pretty much on topic. I like that I can go here for sales specifically for the vita rather than have to sift through a big "all systems" or "certain store" sale thread. Why should it be closed?
Cause it should be sticked or it should be closed so it stops getting bumped. And we should have a Cheap PS3 games thread, Cheap Xbox games thread, etc. We already have a PSN thread and another thread about the Golden sale.

This threads OP hasnt been updated and just gets bumped with something thats on the front page. Just seems excessive to have this thread but its whatever. If other people like the thread then lets keep it

Also, how about the Batman game? Only 9.99 on GoHastings right now.
Batman lite. Basically shoving a few Arkham mechnanics into a metroid-vania style game with not so sexy results. Freeflow combat is pretty stupid in the game, batman runs like he's constipated (slow and stressed), and your'e exploring a prison. On the upside, it's Batman (I like Batman), the graphics suprisingly scale well for a 3DS game (normal maps and everything), and there's a pretty cool twist using the grapling hook to move into and out of 3D space making exploration feel more dynamic. If you're hurting for games it's fine for 10 bucks but Sony just put a much larger games on sale that are cheaper and better.

[quote name="JakeM17" post="11721987" timestamp="1398747023"]How good is Lumines Electronic Symphony?[/quote] yes its an amazing game.

And thank god I didn't get injustice. I think it's going to be free at some point. As far as the new sales that just came up. I'll definitely be getting MGS HD while considering muramasa. I'll have to look at some videos.

Holy  fuck there's a lot of stuff on sale today. Might grab Lords of Arcana and Vagrant Story

3ce.png

bread's done
Back