PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Amazon has it at $14 now and it was $11 and change for quite a while recently. It's also likely to go back on sale for Halloween on PSN for $7.xx.
I am hoping it hits that, or even better $5 this year. Finally got around to watching gameplay and it looks decent enough to grab cheap.

Without even looking I can tell you that shipping will kill the deal. GoHastings charges at least $2-3 to ship. This one has been $5 a lot so I wouldn't recommend it unless you can pick one up to avoid the shipping fee.
Shipping's $2.28. I guess it's been on clearance elsewhere (like Target a while back)...but the cheapest price on amazon right now is about $10 after shipping (through a 3rd party seller, so no prime)...and it's still $15 clearance on the Best Buy site. And gamestop is selling it for $13 used. So $6.27 isn't a bad deal.

Killzone Mercenary is down to 19.99 on amazon. I wonder if it will go lower the closer we get to the holiday

Killzone Mercenary is down to 19.99 on amazon. I wonder if it will go lower the closer we get to the holiday
I've been nervous about it going out of print and going up in price. Very few games tops seem to have new or used copies in stock. No best buys around me have used or new copies in stock. I have this feeling that Sony isn't going to bother reprinting it either because they clearly don't give a flying fuck about Vita or playstation tv anymore.

Ah. I can't find any  Killzone Mercenary copies at my local Best Buy's! I wanted to use GCU on it, too. I'll check one more time just to see if the one I didn't go to today has it tomorrow. If so then I'll price match Amazon's price. If not then I'll order off Amazon.

Would jump on it at that price but I got it digitally last year after Christmas for $10. Haven't gotten around to it yet because of my damn Vita backlog.

Yeah but for a couple weeks I've been keeping track on that game and it has yet to be availiable for shipping. I'd been watching and then just decided to swoop on some target b2 get one I got those two and lollipop chainsaw for 40. I think umvc3 is becoming scarce since Disney aquired marvel.

If you are interested in UMVC3 at all, take what you can get. The game is out of print and will not be coming back in to print due to contract issues. Basically, get it while you can

I wish the Vita wasn't a dying platform. I like my Vita, but seriously, it isn't going to last another year. Hatsune Miki 2 is the only good game coming out this year.

Tales of Hearts R looks great but also half assed because they didn't translate any of the voices.

If you are interested in UMVC3 at all, take what you can get. The game is out of print and will not be coming back in to print due to contract issues. Basically, get it while you can
I'd love to buy it at that price but no shipping and it's not at my store :(

Still surprises me that the plat for UMvC3 (vita) is the rarest trophy in my trophy list. There's nothing that hard about it.

I wish the Vita wasn't a dying platform. I like my Vita, but seriously, it isn't going to last another year. Hatsune Miki 2 is the only good game coming out this year.

Tales of Hearts R looks great but also half assed because they didn't translate any of the voices.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858508

You neither see the tons of games coming out, or you don't. If this system is dead, I must have missed the announcement, as I have one FULL 25 card case, and I'm half through another 25 card case. This isn't even counting the tons of online only games I've got. There is probably about a good 3-5 games I currently need to buy at retail, but with my backlog, I figure why bother. I think the Vita's 2015 is looking way better than the 3DS's so far, but what do I know? If this system is dead, I wish the PS4 and XBONE where as dead, as I have no interest in either of those systems currently due to lack of quality titles.

You neither see the tons of games coming out, or you don't. If this system is dead, I must have missed the announcement, as I have one FULL 25 card case, and I'm half through another 25 card case. This isn't even counting the tons of online only games I've got. There is probably about a good 3-5 games I currently need to buy at retail, but with my backlog, I figure why bother. I think the Vita's 2015 is looking way better than the 3DS's so far, but what do I know? If this system is dead, I wish the PS4 and XBONE where as dead, as I have no interest in either of those systems currently due to lack of quality titles.
I agree, and WHOA that list is huge, there were many on it that I had no idea were coming out! I'm more than happy with the Vita's current and future library of games, it's a fantastic little handheld.

Nice link. But there is tons of quality coming to Xbox One, I must add this. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, GTA V, Saints Row IV Re-Elected, and Mortal Kombat X to name a few.

I found Tearaway for $16.99 at Best Buy. Not sure if YMMV. But after GCU it's $13.59. I ended up finding Killzone Mercenary at GameStop for $19.99 new.

2015 is looking nice for the PS Vita surprisingly. It's like a portable Dreamcast. And I like it regardless what the haters have to say. PS Vita is a excellent handheld.

To say that the Vita is dead when it is still receiving pretty much the same constant consistent stream of albeit less content than the major home consoles since launch is either a result of fanboyism or ignorance/stupidity. The system is well enough to sustain itself. It may not be the monster blockbuster seller of some other systems but that does not mean it hasn't found its niche in the market. I consider the system reserved for the hardest of the hardcore gamers that 9/10 times already have every other system because they understand that exclusive content almost always warrants a purchase.

The Vita is the best handheld gaming system ever made. Period. The smaller (and yet more varied imo) selection of content does not deter the fact that it is still doing just fine.

I believe the expression is 'haters gonna hate, yo'.

To say that the Vita is dead when it is still receiving pretty much the same constant consistent stream of albeit less content than the major home consoles since launch is either a result of fanboyism or ignorance/stupidity. The system is well enough to sustain itself. It may not be the monster blockbuster seller of some other systems but that does not mean it hasn't found its niche in the market. I consider the system reserved for the hardest of the hardcore gamers that 9/10 times already have every other system because they understand that exclusive content almost always warrants a purchase.

The Vita is the best handheld gaming system ever made. Period. The smaller (and yet more varied imo) selection of content does not deter the fact that it is still doing just fine.

I believe the expression is 'haters gonna hate, yo'.
I own 3 PS Vita's and a brand new launch AT&T bundle still in the box. It's a quality device and sleek design. It's still has a ton of games coming out for it. The only thing Sony has said negative is that they don't foresee a lot if any AAA+ games coming out for it. I wish Atlus would port Persona 1-3 for it.

To the guy saying vita gets games and stuff consistently ssince launch is a lie. I love the vita 100 percent.. but it gets real sluggish now and then. Ive had mine since launch and owned like 3 others buying and selling since then. I was happy with it from day 1 to about may 2012 and then it got seriously slow with anything released on it. In 2012 there was a few weeks throughout where we got absolutely nothing. Roughly 5 weeks total i think.. i didnt see anything new. You come to the store like 3 times a week and nothing new. But then it picked up alot by the end of the year with call of duty and assassins creed and then it got slow again. From december 2012 to maybe feb 2013 slow and then picked up a bit with 1yrs old saleswhere sales got more common and more games were released. By now it became a and some more titles coming. Then it went into hybernation up until killzones release and walking dead. Afterwards again same thing. Then by december to feb 2014 it became an indie sensation.. then it went back to barely anything after the 2yrs old sales.. with some new stuff coming now and then until may or so when the 2000 came to US and borderlands. Then by september2014 again same deal. And since then its been more so the same thing. With only a couple things saving it for these coming holidays like the vita tv and lego batman 3.. but not much else. And we cant anticipate anything until feb 2015 where more sales will come cuz its its 3rd birthday. Afterwards yet again we are screwed and since sony announced this year they wont support it too much with aaa games.. who knows whats gunna happen.

Anyone claiming the Vita isn't dead...I've a second HD-DVD player for my xbox 360...any takers?

I thoroughly enjoy the Playstation TV, though claiming its release bodes well for the Vita is a complete misperception. I specifically rid myself of the Vita when the PSTV released. I would assume many others wish they had, or are in the process of doing the same. Can't say I won't miss the 5 games the PSTV can't play at the moment, though.

Yeah honestly one of the best hand helps I've ever owned currently have 20 carts with a 10-30 backlog. Can't wait for more Japanese future exclusives if they come. Plus being able to play all my ps4 games in bed :)

Don't know how you can be a vita "hater" when you own the system.

More like frustrated owner tired of Sony's ineptness with handling the console. Future game library looks bleak with a crap load of... wait for it... Indies.  :/

Night and day difference compared to the support Nintendo gives the 3DS.

To the guy saying vita gets games and stuff consistently ssince launch is a lie. I love the vita 100 percent.. but it gets real sluggish now and then. Ive had mine since launch and owned like 3 others buying and selling since then. I was happy with it from day 1 to about may 2012 and then it got seriously slow with anything released on it. In 2012 there was a few weeks throughout where we got absolutely nothing. Roughly 5 weeks total i think.. i didnt see anything new. You come to the store like 3 times a week and nothing new. But then it picked up alot by the end of the year with call of duty and assassins creed and then it got slow again. From december 2012 to maybe feb 2013 slow and then picked up a bit with 1yrs old saleswhere sales got more common and more games were released. By now it became a and some more titles coming. Then it went into hybernation up until killzones release and walking dead. Afterwards again same thing. Then by december to feb 2014 it became an indie sensation.. then it went back to barely anything after the 2yrs old sales.. with some new stuff coming now and then until may or so when the 2000 came to US and borderlands. Then by september2014 again same deal. And since then its been more so the same thing. With only a couple things saving it for these coming holidays like the vita tv and lego batman 3.. but not much else. And we cant anticipate anything until feb 2015 where more sales will come cuz its its 3rd birthday. Afterwards yet again we are screwed and since sony announced this year they wont support it too much with aaa games.. who knows whats gunna happen.
Get Dangaronpa, Dangaronpa 2 and play them. Afterwards start Tales of Hearts R. You are welcome.

I love my vita and i think that eventually it will get the support that deserves. At the beginning, there were a good quantity of games but then the ps4 came out and now all the sony studios are developing something for it. Hopefully the ps vita tv will get good sales so more sales = more games. (Btw, i just bought the ps vita tv and the vita games look great on a tv). I think and hope that eventually there will be crossbuy games ps4-ps vita. And then you will have ps4 games to go!... Llike i said, i love my vita. I have the vita, psp, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, ds, 3ds, and a 360. And yes, i play the vita more than my other systems. I just cant stop playing persona 4 golden in my second play trough... I believe in the ps vita for sure :)

Just because games you have no interest in were being released doesn't mean they didn't happen. Go here and sort the U.S. releases and you'll see the Vita hasn't had more than a week or two without a release since launch. Expect that steady stream to continue. If Killzone is the high point of your Vita game choices you've completely missed the point of the system. Niche system = niche games.

Anyone claiming the Vita isn't dead...I've a second HD-DVD player for my xbox 360...any takers?
I think you proved your own point? The HD-DVD format isn't releasing anything and hasn't in quite some time but the Vita still is. Wouldn't that more clearly prove the point that it is not dead?

Get Dangaronpa, Dangaronpa 2 and play them. Afterwards start Tales of Hearts R. You are welcome.
This guy gets it.

I don't think the system has much of a future... I'm reasonably sure Sony will dropkick it out the door by 2016. Having said that, I enjoy the Vita a lot, and find myself playing it more often than the 3DS. It's great not only for its own small but strong library, but for its backward compatibility with the PSP and PSOne as well. Few things are as great as whipping out the Vita for a quick game of Street Fighter Alpha 3 or Darkstalkers Chronicles. It's MUCH better for playing those two games than a standard PSP, which has not aged well at all. It's bulky and the D-pad is absolute crap, with the analog nub faring only slightly better.

sorry to change the topic a bit, but is there any games or downloads for the Vita that would be good for a 3yr old?
possibly my singing monsters? Havent played it myself but looks cute/simple. I'll have to think about that. Had my niece playing games around 3 but it wasn't on the vita. She had her first halo kill @ 2 heh =D (ok i cheated she was on my lap with my hands over hers but it was cute)

sorry to change the topic a bit, but is there any games or downloads for the Vita that would be good for a 3yr old?
The lego games maybe?. There is one game like nintendogs that will be good for sure... I think you need a 3ds for a 3yr old.

I would recommend not giving your child a vita to play with. I have a 4 year old who could not coordinate himself to press a button with his left hand and then with his right hand yet. Even at 4, he's still learning (he can play mario kart on wii u acceptably though). You're better off with a tablet for pure screen or tilt controls.

You could try 2D/3D fighters. Button mashing is pretty easy for kids to understand.

I don't think the system has much of a future... I'm reasonably sure Sony will dropkick it out the door by 2016. Having said that, I enjoy the Vita a lot, and find myself playing it more often than the 3DS. It's great not only for its own small but strong library, but for its backward compatibility with the PSP and PSOne as well. Few things are as great as whipping out the Vita for a quick game of Street Fighter Alpha 3 or Darkstalkers Chronicles. It's MUCH better for playing those two games than a standard PSP, which has not aged well at all. It's bulky and the D-pad is absolute crap, with the analog nub faring only slightly better.
SCEA has already dropkicked it. SCEJ is fully embracing it. I'm actually just as hype for next year as I was for this year, and this year was pretty damn hype for the Vita.

I love the Vita. My Vita gets 10x more playtime than any other consols in the house combined. I have 29 games for it currently, and there are still a dozen more currently out i want to play plus all the ones coming out next year.This is honestly the best portable console I have ever purchased (and I have like 70 PSP games).

I love the Vita. My Vita gets 10x more playtime than any other consols in the house combined. I have 29 games for it currently, and there are still a dozen more currently out i want to play plus all the ones coming out next year.This is honestly the best portable console I have ever purchased (and I have like 70 PSP games).
Same here, I have spent this much on a console either. Just got the Vita in January and spent about $600 bucks on games... Worth it.

bread's done
Back