PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed: I picked up a copy of Killzone Mercenary @ Kmart for $8 plus tax -- it was labeled as $29.99, but rang up for $8.
I just came from a Kmart and I tried to grab one as well. Price was $29.99 and it rang up as $29.99. The guy said that the online prices and store prices were different and he couldn't honor it. Complete BS and looks like this is YMMV.

A lot of people on this site said the vita version of the game was poorly ported and is vastly inferior to the ps3/ps4 counterparts. If you only have a vita then it is better than nothing but your enthusiam for the portable version makes me believe you may be in for a disappointing experience.
Well good for me then, cause im a poor ass mothafucka who only owns a vita and a 2ds XD I am saving up for a ps4 tho...although i DO need a new laptop, my current one is on it's last legs. Ugh..priorities suck XD Most realistically ill be lucky if i can afford a ps4 by my bday in may

A lot of people on this site said the vita version of the game was poorly ported and is vastly inferior to the ps3/ps4 counterparts. If you only have a vita then it is better than nothing but your enthusiam for the portable version makes me believe you may be in for a disappointing experience.
I think a lot of critics should go back and play any of the fighting games on older handhelds units.

I just came from a Kmart and I tried to grab one as well. Price was $29.99 and it rang up as $29.99. The guy said that the online prices and store prices were different and he couldn't honor it. Complete BS and looks like this is YMMV.
I got mine from Watertown, CT -- def YMMV.

I was pretty happy with it. I owned Injustice on the PS3 and later bought the ultimate on Vita, and It was impressive enough. But I was so appalled at the Mortal Kombat port, that Injustice was a pleasant surprise.

Either way its a steal at 10 dollars.
Agree. I think I paid 17 bucks for it on sale through PSN or maybe even less. The most important things to know are that it still controls well and has a painfully large amount of content. There's hundreds of mission that are pretty fun and tons of different single player modes, which is likely a good thing because I bet MP is a ghost town.

I think a lot of critics should go back and play any of the fighting games on older handhelds units.
Yea alot of the handheld game fighters suxed but those were usually on Nintendo handhelds. Neogeo had lots of good fighters and the psp and vita have a great amount of good fighters. I don't think think mk/injustice are horrible ports it's just lacking polish and mk took a nasty hit graphically. And with other near perfect ports of console fighters, blazblue, sfXt, doa5+, I can see how it makes mk/injustice look even worse than it is.

Dead or alive 5 and marvel vs capcom have amazing ports on vita. I think the problem with injustice is that it uses unreal engine which has problems on the vita. Isn't injustice 60fps though?

If you're looking for Injustice and know a Gamestop with it used, this is a good weekend to get it, as all games under 20 bucks are 30% off.

I know this is a weird question. But is there anything I should know about when buying used Vita games? Other than not having online passes? Is the saved data deleted off the Vita cart itself before GameStop resells? Am I still able to unlock trophies with a used Vita game?

I know this is a weird question. But is there anything I should know about when buying used Vita games? Other than not having online passes? Is the saved data deleted off the Vita cart itself before GameStop resells? Am I still able to unlock trophies with a used Vita game?
You can delete the saves yourself and unlock the trophies. It only takes like 30 seconds. After you put the game into the Vita, hold the icon of the game in the home screen till you see the "..." bubble pop up, press it and click delete the games data. After it is done, simply just take out and re put in the game to start playing your new game with trophies to unlock.

You can delete the saves yourself and unlock the trophies. It only takes like 30 seconds. After you put the game into the Vita, hold the icon of the game in the home screen till you see the "..." bubble pop up, press it and click delete the games data. After it is done, simply just take out and re put in the game to start playing your new game with trophies to unlock.
likewise, know that some games especially marveolous games, the saves are tied to the actual cartidge so if you decide to get rid of it and upload your save, you would have to buy the same one again to use the save, pretty crappy, looked into it and its apparently up to the company of origin to decide to make a save universal and not locked, sucked and burnt me once, its pretty low when companies do passive activites to curb teh trade in industry and keep prices on bad games high and make it difficult for poorer people to get games

Amazon has new for $30.  Target currently is clearancing them out, but they are $40 near me and on the 15-30-50% clearance track so $30 is the likely end price.  I got one from Goodwill (Target overstock) for $20 so I have not pulled the trigger yet on a $30 one.

Anyone have or know where to get a cheap 16GB Vita Memory Card? (New or Used)
I saw some at Target as well on clearance. 16gb were $38 I believe like PapaSmerf said. I have an 8 gb though and just picked up the borderlands bundle so I have a packaged one not open, no need for the larger yet. Although, crazy enough price and I would jump. Amazon looks like your best bet.

Edit: I do see some on ebay for 24 which includes shipping (brand new). If you go that route though make sure you check their feedback on previous sales of memory cards to make sure it's legit.

Dead or alive 5 and marvel vs capcom have amazing ports on vita. I think the problem with injustice is that it uses unreal engine which has problems on the vita. Isn't injustice 60fps though?
People crowed about the frame rate in Mortal Kombat for the Vita too, but good lord, those were 60 UGLY frames per second. I dare say that Soul Calibur on the PSP looked just as good. People need to let go of their 60fps fixation if it's going to result in software as ugly as the Vita versions of MK9 and Injustice.

likewise, know that some games especially marveolous games, the saves are tied to the actual cartidge so if you decide to get rid of it and upload your save, you would have to buy the same one again to use the save, pretty crappy, looked into it and its apparently up to the company of origin to decide to make a save universal and not locked, sucked and burnt me once, its pretty low when companies do passive activites to curb teh trade in industry and keep prices on bad games high and make it difficult for poorer people to get games
Did not know this. Thanks for the info. I haven't bought used Vita games before, but this is something I will look into more if I decide to go the used games route.

One piece dropped to $20 new at gs, unavailable online, all the stores in my area only had one.
Is the game solid? I was intrigued when it came out and at this price seems like a good time to try it. There is an used copy as well so could use bday coupon.

Is the game solid? I was intrigued when it came out and at this price seems like a good time to try it. There is an used copy as well so could use bday coupon.
I very much enjoyed Unlimited World Red, especially on Vita. It helps to be a fan of the series so you're not lost on the plot elements (it coincides nicely with the latest English-volume releases by Viz).

IS Lego batman 3 on vita any good? I remember most Lego games porting horribly and I couldn't find a decent review for 3

Maybe someone will know for sure but I believe Gamestop will print out an online pass on the receipt if you buy a used Vita game from them (actually, I think they were doing this for all Sony system games, but not sure if it's still going on).

No Lego Batman 3's available for in store pickup and the one Best Buy I went to they were sold out so I'll probably go with Amazon. Still available just temporarily out of stock. Thanks again to osso for the heads up.

IS Lego batman 3 on vita any good? I remember most Lego games porting horribly and I couldn't find a decent review for 3
I can't speak for Lego Batman 3 specifically, but I read that it is closer to the console versions than previous lego vita games. I played Lego Marvel on Vita and actually preferred it over the console versions since it eliminated some of the seemingly endless and tedious hub challenges. Apparently Batman 3 vita fixes a few of the problems I had with Marvel vita, too (like permadeath and multi-challenges). The levels are broken up into 3 sections which I thought was great for playing ion a handheld. To me, Lego Marvel was exactly the kind of game I wanted for vita and I was quite happy to be able to pick up Lego Batman 3 for $10 on this deal.

[quote name="osso1" post="12390966" timestamp="1420587990"]LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - PS Vita

Amazon price matched Best Buy

$9.99[/quote]
Is this game decent on the vita?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't see the latest post before asking. For $7.99 w/ GCU, it's worth a shot.

Is this game decent on the vita?
They're quite a bit of glitches in the Vita version. I wasn't sure if I was able to recreate the same issues in the 3DS version. The Vita is obviously superior in sound and visual; in fact, the Vita version looks and sounds great. The 3DS though had controls that I don't know how to explain it - they just felt better and the 3DS' analog stick allowed me more control of the character over the Vita. That might be since my thumb is big so the 3DS stick feels better to me naturally.

At $8-$10, I've played a few hours and actually mostly enjoyed it - there's even a fun little twist in the story at the beginning which made the game more involving than a lot of Lego games I've played in the past.

[quote name="sovereignNX-73811" post="12395621" timestamp="1420731878"]They're quite a bit of glitches in the Vita version. I wasn't sure if I was able to recreate the same issues in the 3DS version. The Vita is obviously superior in sound and visual; in fact, the Vita version looks and sounds great. The 3DS though had controls that I don't know how to explain it - they just felt better and the 3DS' analog stick allowed me more control of the character over the Vita. That might be since my thumb is big so the 3DS stick feels better to me naturally.

At $8-$10, I've played a few hours and actually mostly enjoyed it - there's even a fun little twist in the story at the beginning which made the game more involving than a lot of Lego games I've played in the past.[/quote]
Interesting. Considering they are the same price, should I get the vita or 3ds version?

Interesting. Considering they are the same price, should I get the vita or 3ds version?
You can probably determine which one you want if you ask:

- Do I want the best graphics/sound? Get the Vita version.

- Do I want 3D and possibly slightly better controls? Get the 3DS one.

If neither matter, flip a coin because that that point you probably won't look back after buying one.

If you want it all...you could be semi-cool like me and buy both and see which one is best for you.

I haven't played the 3DS version, but the game controls fine for me on Vita. I may have to look in to the Vita version of Marvel now too. I played the demo on 3DS and it didn't impress, but maybe I'll like the Vita version better.

[quote name="sovereignNX-73811" post="12395674" timestamp="1420733095"]You can probably determine which one you want if you ask:

- Do I want the best graphics/sound? Get the Vita version.
- Do I want 3D and possibly slightly better controls? Get the 3DS one.

If neither matter, flip a coin because that that point you probably won't look back after buying one.

If you want it all...you could be semi-cool like me and buy both and see which one is best for you.[/quote]
Thanks. I decided to cancel the vita version and get the 3ds version. I care more about controls than graphics/sound. 3d doesn't sway me either way since I play with the slider off.

I also play the 3ds more than the vita, which has been collecting dust. I have plenty of games for it thanks to ps+, but I just never feel like playing it

I can't speak for Lego Batman 3 specifically, but I read that it is closer to the console versions than previous lego vita games. I played Lego Marvel on Vita and actually preferred it over the console versions since it eliminated some of the seemingly endless and tedious hub challenges. Apparently Batman 3 vita fixes a few of the problems I had with Marvel vita, too (like permadeath and multi-challenges). The levels are broken up into 3 sections which I thought was great for playing ion a handheld. To me, Lego Marvel was exactly the kind of game I wanted for vita and I was quite happy to be able to pick up Lego Batman 3 for $10 on this deal.
Thanks so much for all the info! I picked it up and will get around to checking it out. Vita is about the only thing I'll be playing for the next bit because how much I'm working. So this will be a nice addition.

Anyone know the cheapest place (anywhere) that sells the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy physically?
there was no physical release in NA, only in europe. you can buy it from amazon UK, they will usually ship to USA with an american credit card

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KQDVTLA

Could also try game.co.uk

http://www.game.co.uk/en/ratchet-clank-trilogy-290868

the NA digital version will probably go on sale though this year during a flash sale or maybe even free on PS+, its only 3GB so not that huge really

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/ratchet-clank-collection/cid=UP9000-PCSA00133_00-0000000000000RCC

there was no physical release in NA, only in europe. you can buy it from amazon UK, they will usually ship to USA with an american credit card

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KQDVTLA

Could also try game.co.uk

http://www.game.co.uk/en/ratchet-clank-trilogy-290868

the NA digital version will probably go on sale though this year during a flash sale or maybe even free on PS+, its only 3GB so not that huge really

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/ratchet-clank-collection/cid=UP9000-PCSA00133_00-0000000000000RCC
can you play UK/JP games on the vita? Ithought it was region locked like the 3ds

Wonder if this will ever hit $20, or if I should go ahead and pick it up? Prime shipping is tempting.
This game is GS/Namco exclusive, so I have to assume production will stop at some point. This was sold out at Namco during the holidays, and they got more, so who knows? Unless either location have tons of copies left at some point, I doubt it will get to $20, but it may. One Piece was GS exclusive as well, and it just hit $20, but online has been sold out for ages, and local inventory has been shrinking steadily. So the $20 on this title seems to have been started to clear the remaining stock, as it's a very niche title. So Tales may hit 20, but it's a popular title, so I'm doubtful.

can you play UK/JP games on the vita? Ithought it was region locked like the 3ds
The Vita games are region free, but DLC and online passes are not. So if you get a game that needs an online pass for multiplayer, you'll need a PSN account for that specific region to use the pass/DLC.

bread's done
Back