PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was okay. I liked Toukiden better. Both have demos on PSN if you wanna test it out.

Don't forget that Ragnarok Odyssey Ace is the updated version with more content.
As soon as I get my Vita I think I'll go demo download crazy. And apologies, I misquoted the title of the game I was asking about, it is the ACE version of the game.

I thought it was okay. I liked Toukiden better. Both have demos on PSN if you wanna test it out.

Don't forget that Ragnarok Odyssey Ace is the updated version with more content.
Just a heads up , you have to beat the entire game before you even get to play the new stuff and if your going solo good luck beating the game. The boss on chapter 10 is insane, i had to find someone who was very high level to beat the level for me online. This was like 3 or 4 months back, who even knows anyone even plays online anymore. Game is boring as hell after you beat the main stage and insane hard

Just a heads up , you have to beat the entire game before you even get to play the new stuff and if your going solo good luck beating the game. The boss on chapter 10 is insane, i had to find someone who was very high level to beat the level for me online. This was like 3 or 4 months back, who even knows anyone even plays online anymore. Game is boring as hell after you beat the main stage and insane hard
I had no problems beating the core game and all of the Ace content solo. Lot of it comes to learning boss mechanics and not just rushing in swinging. Did all of Tower solo as well and pretty much just done multiplayer to help speed up my God's Might Jokulsnaut weapon. Game still has an active online with rooms throughout the day.

I had no problems beating the core game and all of the Ace content solo. Lot of it comes to learning boss mechanics and not just rushing in swinging. Did all of Tower solo as well and pretty much just done multiplayer to help speed up my God's Might Jokulsnaut weapon. Game still has an active online with rooms throughout the day.
Thanks i was scared for a moment that i wont be able to beat the game solo...is there a class you recommend? i just finished Chapter 1 and know you can change classes.

Thanks i was scared for a moment that i wont be able to beat the game solo...is there a class you recommend? i just finished Chapter 1 and know you can change classes.
Most people will recommend sword or mage for solo (I played sword). Ideally, just work on getting better cards and expanding your outfit to hold more (Cards are your stat increases). As your card collection gets better your stats will get better and also when you clear chapters. Bosses pretty much come down to learning moves and knowing when to dodge and get out or die. Always bring potions and should be good (early on stock up on all health ones). The Ace skills they added in this version definitely help with damage (should unlock those soon).

I'm a little worried as a new PlayStation TV owner. I don't want to buy all of my games digitally, as the memory card prices are so high. But, it's starting to seem like I have no choice. My local Target, Walmart, and Best Buy do not carry any Playstation VITA games in stock. At all. Zero. No memory cards either. I guess that I'm fine using Amazon to buy games, as I was planning to buy Japanese only titles also, like Phantasy Star Nova. But, it still disappoints me that the VITA has so little shelf space that the systems get stuffed on a bottom shelf, and they don't carry anything else. My local Best Buy still had a 3G VITA. I thought that it was going to be on clearance, so I brought it to the front, and it rung up at the original $249.99 price. (my Best Buy is terrible)

I'm a little worried as a new PlayStation TV owner. I don't want to buy all of my games digitally, as the memory card prices are so high. But, it's starting to seem like I have no choice. My local Target, Walmart, and Best Buy do not carry any Playstation VITA games in stock. At all. Zero. No memory cards either. I guess that I'm fine using Amazon to buy games, as I was planning to buy Japanese only titles also, like Phantasy Star Nova. But, it still disappoints me that the VITA has so little shelf space that the systems get stuffed on a bottom shelf, and they don't carry anything else. My local Best Buy still had a 3G VITA. I thought that it was going to be on clearance, so I brought it to the front, and it rung up at the original $249.99 price. (my Best Buy is terrible)
As an owner of a huge Vita card and a new PSTV, my main concern is now I have to buy a new TV to hook it into because it's HDMI only. Goddammit Sony...

As an owner of a huge Vita card and a new PSTV, my main concern is now I have to buy a new TV to hook it into because it's HDMI only. Goddammit Sony...
How old is your TV? If it doesn't have HDMI input you need to upgrade anyways, regardless of PSTV.

How old is your TV? If it doesn't have HDMI input you need to upgrade anyways, regardless of PSTV.
It's only about 5 years old. I don't like basically throwing out electronics that still work.

The TV I keep my really old consoles hooked up to i ancient.

It's only about 5 years old. I don't like basically throwing out electronics that still work.

Then you should know that there is technology there to support you. No need to buy another television when you can just get a converter box.

HDMI to Component or whatever else you need.

http://www.amazon.com/Portta-PETHRSP-Component-Converter-Supporting/dp/B00JVNUAEI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1425044238&sr=8-3&keywords=hdmi+to+component+cable

Does your computer monitor have HDMI? There's always that option. I've got mine hooked into the monitor here and mine has a button where I can switch between DVI (the input the PC is running on) and HDMI, which I put the PSTV on.

My PC is a desktop so not entirely sure about laptops but I think some have HDMI inputs as well.

If nothing else, you could try looking for a cheap monitor or TV with HDMI in. Anything remotely recent should have it and you might even find one at a Goodwill or Salvation Army or whatever.

But yeah, there's always the converter option too.

So a Playstation Tv will just play games from the memory card and not carts?

Debating on Vita and PS TV and do not which to choose.

It does both. It has both the memory card slot and vita game slot. I'm pretty sure you need a memory card regardless.
You don't need a memory card. The PS TV has 1gb onboard memory but when you insert a memory card the onboard memory is disabled so it's wasted. So I'm playing Tales of Hearts and what I did was take out the memory card so it saves to internal memory's. A save doesn't take much space but I'm keeping the memory card for downloads and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to save physical games onto the memory card and let the internal go to waste.

Thanks guys. I think I will try and sell my PS3 with the broken Blu ray drive and get a PS TV.
Watch for deals. Amazon had the bundle for $50 recently. That's when I picked mine up. Sold the PS3 controller and game pack in and my net price was about $20 for the system and 8GB memory card.

I'm still surprised about this. My 37" is about 7 years old, and it has 3 HDMI inputs.

So a Playstation Tv will just play games from the memory card and not carts?

Debating on Vita and PS TV and do not which to choose.
It does both. It has both the memory card slot and vita game slot. I'm pretty sure you need a memory card regardless.
Considering a PS TV is 20-25% of the cost of a Vita (assuming you have a DS3 or DS4 already), it's a good choice. Unless you really really care about the games it can't play on it, like Gravity Rush, while ignoring good games you can play on the PS TV (like P4G).

It has 1 GB internal memory, but if you put a memory card in it, you can't use the 1 GB. At least, that's what it said when I powered it on without a memory card the first time.

I'm still surprised about this. My 37" is about 7 years old, and it has 3 HDMI inputs.
I guess it depends. I found a cheap 39" JVC TV from Costco back last August. Cost me $300 after tax. It has a great picture but it only has two HDMI inputs and one component input (the green connector doubles and a composite connection too). It doesn't have any buttons either on the front so I suppose it depends on how much you paid for the thing.

thats why you just gotta shop online, most stores dont care enough to stock them. Besides Fry's of course, mine always has the newest Vita games in stock

Considering a PS TV is 20-25% of the cost of a Vita (assuming you have a DS3 or DS4 already), it's a good choice. Unless you really really care about the games it can't play on it, like Gravity Rush, while ignoring good games you can play on the PS TV (like P4G).
It's $60 used at Gamestop. Figured I could trade in some games and get it for super cheap.

Pick up a $20 card and get Atelier Rorona Plus and some PS+ time for all the games.

You don't need a memory card. The PS TV has 1gb onboard memory but when you insert a memory card the onboard memory is disabled so it's wasted. So I'm playing Tales of Hearts and what I did was take out the memory card so it saves to internal memory's. A save doesn't take much space but I'm keeping the memory card for downloads and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to save physical games onto the memory card and let the internal go to waste.
He should probably get a memory card at some point. I agree the PSTV is awesome but 1 gb will only get him so far in the long run unless he is OK with constantly deleting games and saves. I've been a Vita owner for a few years now, and I've got 2 32 gb cards, 1 8 gb card and 4 4 gb cards. I can definitely say buying Vita games can become addicting after a while, and I like my PSTV just as much if not better than my Vita. And having a PS+ subscription only exacerbates the memory card problem.

Has anybody seen good prices for grips on the oled vita? I've been looking everywhere for a good grip but can't seem to find one that I really like

Thanks. This grip looks a bit more comfortable for my fingers. The grip I have right now is making my hands cramp more than without a grip
Yea. I had a smaller grip at first but it just wasnt cutting it. My hands would still cramp up rather quickly, but with this, I can play for awhile with out cramping up. Makes your vita look like a boomerang though.

I also recommend this one, pain if you need/want to swap games.. but I use this all the time for remote play.

You can also get one that has a battery as well for longer playtime, I think by Nyko? same layout as this one.
Yea. Forgot to mention that about switching games. One downside, but not that big of a deal. Here's the nyko one you were talking about. Looks pretty cool

http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-Grip-Vita-Sony-PS/dp/B0079V29EI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425194410&sr=8-2&keywords=nyko+ps+vita+grip

Any thoughts on the following cheap games from the current PSN Vita Birthday sale?

Let's Fish: Hooked On
Ring Run Circus
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
Let's Fish I've heard is aight...maybe not a great fishing game but has RPG elements. I've heard the new Natsume Reel Fishing game is a lot better for actually fishing though if that's what you're mainly going for.

Cel Damage and the 70 cent Trials game are solid as far as cheap games
weird..

On the Vita's store.. the trials game shows $13.99.. webstore $.70

Vita store shows all other prices correct though.

a4ojk9.jpg

click on the game and it still shows $13.99 on the games page.

weird..
On the Vita's store.. the trials game shows $13.99.. webstore $.70
Vita store shows all other prices correct though.

a4ojk9.jpg

click on the game and it still shows $13.99 on the games page.
They've got the wrong Trials game in the sale section, you have to search for the right one, narrow by Vita.

Let's Fish I've heard is aight...maybe not a great fishing game but has RPG elements. I've heard the new Natsume Reel Fishing game is a lot better for actually fishing though if that's what you're mainly going for.
Someone else said it was made by some of the creators of Sega Bass Fishing. They meant the company called Sims (not to be confused with the game The Sims). Anyway, Sims didn't work for Sega. They just handled the port of Sega Bass Fishing. I would like to go ahead and buy it. No one has said yet that they've purchased it yet.

I had already purchased Cel Damage and the "Trials" game before this sale. I would recommend both, especially Cel Damage since it's cross buy on PS3 and PS4.

And I think something is wrong with Sony's site today. I've been having difficulty logging in all day to put PSN credit on my account.

Someone else said it was made by some of the creators of Sega Bass Fishing. They meant the company called Sims (not to be confused with the game The Sims). Anyway, Sims didn't work for Sega. They just handled the port of Sega Bass Fishing. I would like to go ahead and buy it. No one has said yet that they've purchased it yet.

I had already purchased Cel Damage and the "Trials" game before this sale. I would recommend both, especially Cel Damage since it's cross buy on PS3 and PS4.

And I think something is wrong with Sony's site today. I've been having difficulty logging in all day to put PSN credit on my account.

They've got the wrong Trials game in the sale section, you have to search for the right one, narrow by Vita.
thats odd, they have it listed 3 times on the vita store. searching for Freestyle lists it 3 times total, $13.99, Demo, and $.70

I bought it on the webstore anyway, figured for that price it's worth a few hours at least.

Can someone sell me on those Atelier games? My PSN credit is burning a hole in my pocket.

Or should I say...account.
Well, you like purple Hannah Montana PSPs so they may be up your alley. Selling someone on it is pretty irresponsible though since the games are very niche and won't appeal to most. So watch some of these reviews and get an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3corZS6DaqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_q0tcUsAjc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj97BNf_VtY

They're for the PS3 versions but the basic mechanics and stuff are still the same so you can get an idea at least if they'll appeal to you. If you really want to try one then Meruru seems the strongest on it's own merits if you don't care about however the previous two games tie into it.

Well, you like purple Hannah Montana PSPs so they may be up your alley. Selling someone on it is pretty irresponsible though since the games are very niche and won't appeal to most. So watch some of these reviews and get an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3corZS6DaqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_q0tcUsAjc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj97BNf_VtY

They're for the PS3 versions but the basic mechanics and stuff are still the same so you can get an idea at least if they'll appeal to you. If you really want to try one then Meruru seems the strongest on it's own merits if you don't care about however the previous two games tie into it.
Actually in the Plus series Rorona would be the strongest game, then Meruru then Totori. So starting off with Rorona is the best way if you want to get into them

Meh, I've bought games I never ended up playing so many times it's not even funny. Over in the Steam thread that's pretty much all we do. I don't even worry about it anymore. Eh, it gives me more options when I do want to play something. Not that that ever seems to help, but still, I can justify it! :p

Anyway, I grabbed the Atelier Arland triology and am playing Rorona now. I'm really early on but liking it so far. It's nice to play an RPG that's just about day to day life and not a great evil and saving the world and all that jazz.

I bought Totori and never played it, but I'm still tempted to get the others because I really am that stupid.
I got Totori a few years ago in a different sale. Honestly, one of the worst RPGs I played in the last 5 years. Incredibly boring characters, cringe-worthy dialogue, and overly-simplistic battle and field gameplay. Not sure if the others get any better, though.

bread's done
Back