PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Great prices for those games. Sly Cooper runs great on the Vita. I wish I could say the same about the J&D ones. Maybe I just am terrible at the controls but they seem to lag a LOT.  I should have bought the PS3 version when it was on sale some months ago.

At least I don't need to add them to the backlog...I've been missing too many good deals lately since I've been plowing through Tales of Hearts R; just beat it last night!  :D/

In store right now and they are saying in their system it still comes up as $30 new.
Sounds like a couple of Tuesdays ago when I went to buy Ace Combat AHL+ when it was on sale for $30. Even though the sale was on that Tuesday, the price didn't drop until Wednesday. So GS' new system updates prices slower by a...whole...freakin'...day? :nottalking:

Way to upgrade GS.

This was mentioned in another thread, and it's not technically a deal, but Child of Light is coming to the Vita for North America as a physical release, later this month. What's interesting is that the only retailer currently offering it for preorder is BB, and only for shipping. It may end up being a small print run, who knows. Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/child-of-light-ps-vita/4429039.p?id=1219629073081&skuId=4429039
nice, thanks, always wanted to get this game, but love physical media over digital. Picked one up!

Sounds like a couple of Tuesdays ago when I went to buy Ace Combat AHL+ when it was on sale for $30. Even though the sale was on that Tuesday, the price didn't drop until Wednesday. So GS' new system updates prices slower by a...whole...freakin'...day? :nottalking:

Way to upgrade GS.
I just called my local store also, and it was showing as normal price. I'll try again tomorrow I guess. If anyone gets it today at sales price, post it, so I can try again today if need be.

Yeah called a couple other stores and they were adamant that a the price changes were in effect starting today, one even said it must be a mistake on there website and he went and said well GS site is different than in store.

Yeah called a couple other stores and they were adamant that a the price changes were in effect starting today, one even said it must be a mistake on there website and he went and said well GS site is different than in store.
Well, if that's the case, the online system should show "online" prices and "in-store" prices differently, but it doesn't, so that guys is talking out of his ass.

I'm a chapter in on Wolf Among Us, and I already want a season 2 released.

Unfortunately the Minecraft project will likely take Telltale's resources away from anything not named The Walking Dead.

I'm a chapter in on Wolf Among Us, and I already want a season 2 released.

Unfortunately the Minecraft project will likely take Telltale's resources away from anything not named The Walking Dead.
Are you playing it on Vita, and if so, is there noticeable slowdown at decision-making moments or otherwise?

Are you playing it on Vita, and if so, is there noticeable slowdown at decision-making moments or otherwise?
I played it on the Vita, and yeah it plays like shit. Just like every other Telltale game on the Vita does.

I liked the Wolf Among Us at the start, but it loses its appeal after the first part is over for me. Plus the "action" scenes are incredibly annoying because the Vita is always like 15 frames behind the action and sounds on the screen.

was able to snag the jak and daxter collection for $9.99 but the gamestop dude hand me a unsealed game, and he insist it is new. wtf?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Black Ops and Resistance in the mail finally, wish I could have gotten some other those other Best Buy games to round out my collection.

I'm aware of the trading forum, and that the game was given on PS+ last month. I want to actually own it (or as close as you can get with digital media), not just "free with a paid service."

Quick question though; can you use a Canadian PSN card on a NA account?

Best Buy has a few more new Vita games on sale. Since they're new instead of preowned, there might be a better shot of finding them in-store. With exception of Freedom Wars, the others are not in stock for shipping.

Freedom Wars $21.99 / $17.59 with GCU
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $4.99 / $3.99
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale $4.99 / $3.99
Resistance: Burning Skies $4.99 / $3.99
Little Deviants $4.99 / $3.99

Have to wonder if Freedom Wars MSRP is now $19.99 with Best Buy lagging behind. If that's the case, it may soon be $16 after GCU there. Of course, if you can find it at Wal-Mart, it's still the way to go.

Yeah, despite having played Borderlands 2, $20 is the magic number for me to replay it with the other characters.
I actually hesitated a few days ago when TRU had it for 20 on ebay, as the shipping was 4 and killed it for me. I grabbed this one up, since I needed some other items and got free shipping through Amazon.

bread's done
Back