PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncharted worth it then? I just made it to PS4 from Xbox 360, so I've never played it. I'm hoping to, but for now Golden Abyss?
Honestly, I know I'm in the minority, but it's my favorite of the series so far. Drake is a treasure hunter right? And that is really the main thing missing from every game except GA. Finding treasure in the main games is really useless, and adds next to nothing to the overall experience.

In GA, it actually furthers the story, and makes you want to find items for that specific reason. It's the only game I cared about actually finding and looking for treasures. It's also straight and to the point, no overblown set pieces like some big budget Hollywood movie. GA is really one of the finest games on the Vita, and at that price, it's a no brainer.

Toukiden at $20? Why wouldn't you just wait for Kiwami a this point?

hmm? Isn't kiwami a sequel? I assumed toukiden was the first and kiwami was a sequel. Or is TK just the game with DLC or something? I own Kiwami but didn't pick up the first game i think. I would snag it if its a different game but not if its just Kiwami without DLC or something

My local Best Buy had 16gb cards for $59.99. Is that the normal price? They also had 32gb for $79.99. Why would people pay $60, when they can get twice as much space for $20 more? Seems stupid for the 16gb card to still be so high. Especially when memory card and hard drive technology has advanced so much since the VITA was released only a few years ago.
64GB are $90 on eBay and Amazon, no tax!

Honestly, I know I'm in the minority, but it's my favorite of the series so far. Drake is a treasure hunter right? And that is really the main thing missing from every game except GA. Finding treasure in the main games is really useless, and adds next to nothing to the overall experience.

In GA, it actually furthers the story, and makes you want to find items for that specific reason. It's the only game I cared about actually finding and looking for treasures. It's also straight and to the point, no overblown set pieces like some big budget Hollywood movie. GA is really one of the finest games on the Vita, and at that price, it's a no brainer.
Thanks! I'll be pickin it up today then

hmm? Isn't kiwami a sequel? I assumed toukiden was the first and kiwami was a sequel. Or is TK just the game with DLC or something? I own Kiwami but didn't pick up the first game i think. I would snag it if its a different game but not if its just Kiwami without DLC or something
Kiwami is the Monster Hunter G/Ragnarok Odyssey Ace/Soul Sacrifice Delta style update. It adds a ton of content, but it's otherwise the same game.

My local Best Buy had 16gb cards for $59.99. Is that the normal price? They also had 32gb for $79.99. Why would people pay $60, when they can get twice as much space for $20 more? Seems stupid for the 16gb card to still be so high. Especially when memory card and hard drive technology has advanced so much since the VITA was released only a few years ago.
Just wait for a sale. fuck paying $60 for a 16gb memory card lol. I waited for a Black Friday sale to get my 32gb memory card for 40 bucks.

limesqueeze, on 17 Apr 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:
Uncharted worth it then? I just made it to PS4 from Xbox 360, so I've never played it. I'm hoping to, but for now Golden Abyss?

For $5, it's worth it!

Kiwami is the Monster Hunter G/Ragnarok Odyssey Ace/Soul Sacrifice Delta style update. It adds a ton of content, but it's otherwise the same game.
Kiwami also contains the complete original story. Don't waste money on the original by now. Whenever you import your Toukiden game you get your mitama/armor upgrades but you still have to go through the story again before reaching new content. To save the pain of boredom and money just wait for Kiwami to be the same price. I know I wont play Toukiden again till then!

I'd highly recommend Kiwami. I don't usually like Monster Hunter-esque games, but I have already put 80 hours into this, and I definitely plan to go for the Platinum (Which I hear takes upwards of 300 hours).

Also its probably the sort of game if you wait too long the community might either all be in the highest ranks, or have totally moved on.

God of War Collection is on sale at Best Buy for $14.99 ($11.99 GCU) and in-stock for shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/god-of-war-collection-ps-vita/5487001.p?id=1219133624986&skuId=5487001
Disappointing review at IGN; not sure it's worth $12.

It says you get the PS3 version if you get this via cross-buy; does that work the other way? I own the PS3 version on disc ($10 over four years ago, BTW), can I get this for free - or is it only if you own the digital?

Uhhhh, if no one else checked, three more vita games are on sale at best buy. Wolf among us for $10, borderlands for $20, and walking dead season 2 for $15 all before GCU

Edit: I will be able to return the copy of Wolf Among Us I got with birthday coupon and price adjust the copy of Season 2 I got both this week. The money back from those will let me get Wolf Among Us again and God of War collection for a difference of 3.82 after tax!

I saw that too but user reviews on Best Buy, Amazon and GameStop were pretty good so I figured it's worth a shot. I no longer have a PS3 so this is the only way I'm still going to be able to play them. Also, it's still around the $30 mark everywhere else.

It's in the weekly ad.
Really odd that they're not the same price online. I might order ship to store (my local Best Buy has neither game) and I believe the price drops to the local store price. Isn't that right?

EDIT: all of the used versions dropped online so I suspect it's just an oversight. Hopefully it will get fixed later today.

Best Buy always seems to have that issue with different pricing. My local store even refuses to price match the website. Even though it's their own website. It makes me hardly ever want to shop there anymore.

I saw that too but user reviews on Best Buy, Amazon and GameStop were pretty good so I figured it's worth a shot. I no longer have a PS3 so this is the only way I'm still going to be able to play them. Also, it's still around the $30 mark everywhere else.
I beat GOW2 on the Vita when there was a glitch at release and people could get it for free if they had purchased the PS3 version. It's certainly a mediocre port but it's still a high production PS2 game (i.e. nicer looking than the vast majority of indie stuff) and its still a pretty epic game, especially for 12. That said, I don't know if there's precedence but I'd think Sony games are more likely PS+ candidates so it may go free this year as well.

Best Buy always seems to have that issue with different pricing. My local store even refuses to price match the website. Even though it's their own website. It makes me hardly ever want to shop there anymore.
I would be willing to bet the discrepancy is due to the fact that Wolf and WD seasons for the Vita are on clearance online, so sale may not apply to clearance items.

It says you get the PS3 version if you get this via cross-buy; does that work the other way? I own the PS3 version on disc ($10 over four years ago, BTW), can I get this for free - or is it only if you own the digital?
The games are mostly fine unlike most of the other recent Vita ports of PS3 collections. If you want GoW on the Vita it's a reasonable price.

Cross buy is only for digital with the exception of a couple Sony published games (Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and PSASBR).

Looking at purchasing a 64gb memory card.  Ebay seems to have decent prices (Around $80-$90) but I worry about getting a knock off card.  I also looked at PlayAsia.com and they have 2 different 64gb cards listed, one costs $115 and says its for Japan, and the other is $87 and says its for China.  My question is which card is able to be used in a US vita, or does it not even matter?  Has anyone here filled up a 64gb already?  I have two 4gb and an 8gb I wish i could just consolidate into a 16gb card

Amazon
PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) $108.95
Sold By: Japan Hiro Premium Shop

I ordered it before I picked up my BL2 Vita, making sure I had it day one. I bought it based on $/Gb which is a no brainer

Looking at purchasing a 64gb memory card. Ebay seems to have decent prices (Around $80-$90) but I worry about getting a knock off card. I also looked at PlayAsia.com and they have 2 different 64gb cards listed, one costs $115 and says its for Japan, and the other is $87 and says its for China. My question is which card is able to be used in a US vita, or does it not even matter? Has anyone here filled up a 64gb already? I have two 4gb and an 8gb I wish i could just consolidate into a 16gb card
Got mine from superufo for about $83 shipped (air mail bubble envelope):

http://www.superufo.com/products/psvita/PS_VITA_PSVITA___Memory_Card_64GB_Japan_Version.html

My 64gb is almost full, but I can't imagine going back to a smaller card. I have over 100 games on it, a mix of all types (PSP, Vita, etc.)

Uhhhh, if no one else checked, three more vita games are on sale at best buy. Wolf among us for $10, borderlands for $20, and walking dead season 2 for $15 all before GCU

Edit: I will be able to return the copy of Wolf Among Us I got with birthday coupon and price adjust the copy of Season 2 I got both this week. The money back from those will let me get Wolf Among Us again and God of War collection for a difference of 3.82 after tax!
Bestbuy really ticks me off sometimes.

On sale, and won't let me pick up in store.. but will ship to me for $4. Why can't they ship to store like just about any other store..

Sale price - GCU + Shipping = higher than Amazons price..

Bestbuy really ticks me off sometimes.
On sale, and won't let me pick up in store.. but will ship to me for $4. Why can't they ship to store like just about any other store..
Sale price - GCU + Shipping = higher than Amazons price..
Elite status...or, preorder a game and cancel it later.

Not sure if it was mentioned but Wolf Among Us is now listed at 9.99 on the Best Buy website. It was in the ad but as many know it was still listed as $18.99 earlier. Thought I'd mention it as I was waiting to grab one.

Also counts trades which is how most of us pay for it now.
Also, if you have a BB MasterCard you can reach elite/elite plus status with the money spent on the card and it doesn't have to be spent at BB. I use my BB card to pay my car/homeowners insurance and that 1k right there.

Also, if you have a BB MasterCard you can reach elite/elite plus status with the money spent on the card and it doesn't have to be spent at BB. I use my BB card to pay my car/homeowners insurance and that 1k right there.
I have no desire to have 18 CC's... I have 2, one I do not even use anymore. (it doesn't support  Pay)

Trades are nice, but still I come nowhere near $1500. Last year was under $600 with the trades and games purchases, i'm almost at that now due to a bunch of trades I did a month ago. But I have no more games to trade in, and only 1-2 games i'll end up buying this year (new) from them.

And besides.. all of the trouble/time/money to get "free" shipping, not worth it.

Someone snuck in and grabbed my copy of God of War in the half hour after opening that I wasn't there.

I guess I will try my hand at matching GCU discount at walmart, even if it isnt their policy

Successfully pricematched GCU at walmart.

If you use the mobile site, and have the item in your cart, it shows the GCU price in big numbers and says promo price.

There's noticeable slowdown, from what I've read. I'm mainly getting a copy for easy trophies and Gamestop's TIV is $7 base.
It chops a bit in places, just like Walking Dead 1 and 2. But you also get touch controls. On balance, I found Vita much more enjoyable than PS4, FWIW.

Got my vita last night and I was able to pick up Drake for $11.xx, Gravity Rush for $7.xx and Hot shots Golf for $4.xx.  Went back to target today and got Sly Cooper for $4.99, Soul Sacrifice for $5.xx and Playstation battle Royale for $4.99.  

bread's done
Back