PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as an FYI, Amazon has DJ Max Technika Tune for $39.99 right now (new). This is cheaper than most used copies I could find both on eBay and Amazon. I had been wanting this for a while and I heard it's great. I got a copy, hopefully this helps soemone else out.

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/DJMAX-Technika-America-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B00AMQMMEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429804719&sr=8-1&keywords=technika+tune
Thanks. I had a passing interest in this at release but was hesitant to put down $50+ in cash. Now that I can use Amazon credit on it at a slightly lower price and with Prime shipping, I bought one.

I really want to play Conception, but I'm waiting for that updated version that's supposed to be coming.

Edit: wait; I'm thinking of a different game. What's that one with the traps? (Literal ones, not like... Bridget.)

My local Target store suddenly has a huge stack of Vita games outside the cases on an end cap, titles that werent in the case before. There were about 50 games, 10 each of Monkeyball/Rayman Legends/Street Fighter x Tekken and some other titles. They all rang up full price, but I wonder if these are slated for clearance given them being outside the case not near the Vita games and never having seen them before.

My local Target store suddenly has a huge stack of Vita games outside the cases on an end cap, titles that werent in the case before. There were about 50 games, 10 each of Monkeyball/Rayman Legends/Street Fighter x Tekken and some other titles. They all rang up full price, but I wonder if these are slated for clearance given them being outside the case not near the Vita games and never having seen them before.
Seems to be warehouses are shipping out very old stock.

That's correct, it comes with a code for the DLC.
I don't have the physical game but there's no DLC listing on the PSN store like you would expect if the game could be had without it. Not saying you're wrong, just that it's a weird setup and would be interested to see how it shows up in people's download lists then (I haven't redeemed my digital copy yet). No Tiny Tina though which is just awful.

I don't have the physical game but there's no DLC listing on the PSN store like you would expect if the game could be had without it. Not saying you're wrong, just that it's a weird setup and would be interested to see how it shows up in people's download lists then (I haven't redeemed my digital copy yet). No Tiny Tina though which is just awful.
BL2 for Vita retail box comes with a single DLC code to add all of the DLC. I assume you can't get the digital version without the DLC.

unboxing to show the DLC sheet inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3plOUHT2GZU

When I redeemed my digital copy it showed up as 7 items in the download list: the regular game and each of the 6 add-ons individually. On the PSN listing it also says that it includes the 6 add-on packs. I guess it's because the whole thing is like 5GB or so like The Sly Collection and Final Fantasy X/X-2, where they split up the games because of the size. That sucks to buy used, too, since you can't just purchase what you need.

Thanks. I had a passing interest in this at release but was hesitant to put down $50+ in cash. Now that I can use Amazon credit on it at a slightly lower price and with Prime shipping, I bought one.
Dude, it's so good.

On that note has anyone seen Akiba's trip at 10 bucks ever since that BBY used sale?

Out of those games, is 25 the total that are Sony published? Do Borderlands 2 and Walking Dead S1 really count as Sony published?

That's just weird that they would set BL2 up like that and not make the DLC available if you buy a used copy.
Yeah it is.

Got my copy today, put it in and fired the game up without putting any code in.

Main menu showed a dlc option.. But won't let me connect to psn due to the needed update.
Installed the update and fired up the game again, dlc option is gone from the menu.

They really should have an option to buy the dlc with a used game.

Played a little bit, I don't see why people put the vita version down. Maybe later on it might have some issues but the game played exactly like it should. Or maybe the MP is weaker.. But it works for me.

I managed to snag a copy of BL2 last week for 21.81, with shipping on AWD. Surprisingly also came with both the case and the dlc, unused. Ordered it Saturday, came in Monday, with basic shipping. I'll take that as a win considering I also ordered Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered for the Vita at the same time from a third party seller, received it today, and it's the PS3 version. :/

What box? Can you post up a screenshot of it? o;
[customspoiler=this]
tumblr_myfqtaTSER1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg
[/customspoiler]

It's been dropping at least a dollar daily. I think this might the lowest it will drop, and why i bought a copy yesterday.
I actually bought a copy of this and then returned it because I had to be honest with myself that I will never play it and even if I do, I will be rolling my eyes the whole time. I watched a video of the game on youtube and thought, what have I done?!

I actually bought a copy of this and then returned it because I had to be honest with myself that I will never play it and even if I do, I will be rolling my eyes the whole time. I watched a video of the game on youtube and thought, what have I done?!
Honestly I was having fun with the characters. Lots of stereotypes and such, but it was really the battle system that got me to give up the game. It was just boring and the same old, same old dungeons didn't help. Also it was pretty easy. I liked the monokuma colored girl. Course i'm always crazy about my scatterbrained loli characters and she fit the bill. Lots of fun characters but the star mating system was silly and very shallow. It's a very anime type of game though, and tries too much to be like a Persona 4, and I wished I paid $15ish for it instead of $40.

Need advice if I only buy mainly physical cartridges will 32gb be enough? Cause debating on 32gb or the groupon 64gb for $80
Well the 32GB is going for about $65-$70 on Amazon and most retailers. This makes the 64GB a no-brainer regarding the price-per-gigabyte ratio. And besides if you've got UMDs lying around like me - oh better shut up about that...

wololo....

what the cheapest I can probably get 32gb for then? Cause most the digital games I do get are indie games which are usually small in memory and the ps+ games are usually small in memory to aren't they?
I think the cheapest 32GB I've found is through AWD for $56.xx (A), but that was back in January 2014.

As for PS+ games, they're not always small--Killzone Mercenary is 9GB or so, IIRC.

I think the cheapest 32GB I've found is through AWD for $56.xx (A), but that was back in January 2014.

As for PS+ games, they're not always small--Killzone Mercenary is 9GB or so, IIRC.
thanks if I go on a computer and my account will it show my purchase history so I can add up what I need since I bought them but never downloaded yet?

Well the 32GB is going for about $65-$70 on Amazon and most retailers. This makes the 64GB a no-brainer regarding the price-per-gigabyte ratio. And besides if you've got UMDs lying around like me - oh better shut up about that...

wololo....
yea i noticed that and cheapest i found was back in december 2013 for $40 at gamestop. so i think im stick with this i havent played the vita much lately cause of work but plan to and i have both the ps tv & the oled vita that i bought off a cag from the AWD glitch for $60 which was a dinger so i guess i could look at it as a new vita + 64gb bundle for $140 right? lol it just most games that are digital i import the phyiscal copies from other regions. but your are right for only a $20 -$30 price different im better with twice the memory since it better to have more memory needed then not enough right?

and i do have some UMDs so please go on?.... lol

and wait i also forgot i can play ps1 classics to huh? and next time a $1 flash sale come along i would probably fill up a memory card fast huh? cause i never paid attention to the ps1 classics before cause that is not a feature on the ps4 right?

Need advice if I only buy mainly physical cartridges will 32gb be enough? Cause debating on 32gb or the groupon 64gb for $80
I'd advise you to just bite the bullet and get a 64gb card, even if you buy mainly physical copies. I have a 64gb in my primary Vita, and it's virtually full, and that's only after I deleted all the PS+ games that were on the system (had to make space for purchased games). I previously bought one 8gb, one 16gb, and two 32gb cards, then later bought my 64gb card from superufo for about $83 shipped, and I'm very glad I did it. One of my 32gb cards went into my backup Vita, and one went into my PSTV.

To be really honest, if they come out with a 128gb card, I'll get one, since my 64gb is mostly full. It's a hassle to change the cards, and the system needs time to recognize a new card every time you change them (and it used to forget your icon organization/order, though that's probably been fixed), so it's better to just put a phat one in there and not worry about it for a while.

a 32gb is plenty if you can find it for a good price. I still can't believe I paid $100 for mine 2 years ago
Ouch I paid about $89 for mine. I remember hating myself for a bit after that. Just so expensive and all you get is this stupid tiny card. I'm just lucky i'm not a compulsive installer. If something isn't too my liking or I finish it and wont play it again I delete it right away.

Ouch I paid about $89 for mine. I remember hating myself for a bit after that. Just so expensive and all you get is this stupid tiny card. I'm just lucky i'm not a compulsive installer. If something isn't too my liking or I finish it and wont play it again I delete it right away.
Damn, I paid $49 for my 32gb. Best Buy had it on clearance at one point.

Killzone is 4gb.

I have a 16gb card and it works fine. I mean, how many games to you plan on having installed/playing at once? Most games can be beaten fairly quickly/don;t have multiplayer that provides replay value and then you delete them. If you want to play them again some other time you reinstall.

I don't know if this has been discussed so treat this as definitely YMMV but it looks like my account was permanently given Hotline Miami and Don't Starve Giant Edition, free. I played these games when I had PSN Plus. I let it expire last year. I was just checking out some free stuff and those two games showed up as purchased and free.

I don't know if this has been discussed so treat this as definitely YMMV but it looks like my account was permanently given Hotline Miami and Don't Starve Giant Edition, free. I played these games when I had PSN Plus. I let it expire last year. I was just checking out some free stuff and those two games showed up as purchased and free.
yeap happens w most crossbuy games ;)

If anyone wants to pre-order Moe Chronicle from Play-Asia, here's my $3 off pre-order coupon.
XV-CTJ-MZF
Expires soon, probably on 5/4 as the game's release date is 5/5.

bread's done
Back