PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
So Disgaea 4 is hard to come by? There are several new copies at a nearby game store.

FYI Best Buy has Criminal Girls on clearance for 31.99 or 25.59 with GCU. Not my first choice for a Vita title but one I can see disappearing quickly.
it was a nice game love to pick it up sub 20 though... beat it all the way until post game crap.

27.50 just too high for me still

It was out of stock on Amazon and going for slightly above MSRP, but recently it was restocked at a $30 price point. The other handheld ones are somewhat expensive and have retained their value well excluding the Vita port of Disgaea 3 which is still in print.
Thank you! LIke others, I coudln't find it at the $29.99 price either.... but the links posted etc helped. Ordered a copy. Much obliged.

Is Disgaea 3 worth picking up if I already started playing Disgaea 4 ? Disgaea 4 is my first game in the series, I got it for $20 during a PSN sale.

Thanks in advance.

Is Disgaea 3 worth picking up if I already started playing Disgaea 4 ? Disgaea 4 is my first game in the series, I got it for $20 during a PSN sale.

Thanks in advance.
All Disgaea games can be enjoyed. In 4 there is more advanced systems than 3. The most important thing is in 4 and I believe Disgaea D2 is that they use HD sprites. 3 is generally known to have one of the weaker stories though I can't vouch for it (just played 1 and 2 myself). Just know going back in games the systems wont all be there is all.

All Disgaea games can be enjoyed. In 4 there is more advanced systems than 3. The most important thing is in 4 and I believe Disgaea D2 is that they use HD sprites. 3 is generally known to have one of the weaker stories though I can't vouch for it (just played 1 and 2 myself). Just know going back in games the systems wont all be there is all.
Thanks for the feedback.

I picked up the following used at GS: Conception II $17.99, Super Monkey Ball $4.49, Mind Zero $21.97, Y's $16.99, and Dynasty Warriors 8 for $4.-- with coupon.

Thanks in advance.
If, when you are 'done' Disgaea 4, you are sitting there thinking 'Oh my god I need more disgaea', get 3. The differences aren't so great as to make the step backwards unenjoyable.

If you've had your fill of Disgaea for a while, don't get 3!

It was out of stock on Amazon and going for slightly above MSRP, but recently it was restocked at a $30 price point. The other handheld ones are somewhat expensive and have retained their value well excluding the Vita port of Disgaea 3 which is still in print.
I don't know what you mean by recent, but its been sitting in my shopping cart for about three weeks now and I have always seen it as in stock for the same 29.99 price tag.

What are the chances that Disgaea 4 got a reprint and hence why it's now available?
Its not a reprint. People are only finding out about the "hidden" copies at Amazon now.

I am playing the translated PSP version and this game is very good
Good job answering his question.

I don't know what you mean by recent, but its been sitting in my shopping cart for about three weeks now and I have always seen it as in stock for the same 29.99 price tag.
I'm guessing that Amazon really fuck-ed up the listing by hiding it from people searching it on their site. Clearly many people on CAG have had a hard time finding it in the recent past.

There's a higher chance that Amazon's listing has been sitting out there "hidden" for awhile. Especially since there's multiple 3rd party entries on that page as well.
When i did the google search, someone mentioned to search for it using google 6 months ago on another gaming site, so yeah it's an amazon "hidden" item.
I kinda only want to buy it due to being hard to come by, but then I remember even the games I want to play i'm already years behind lol.

I'm guessing that Amazon really fuck-ed up the listing by hiding it from people searching it on their site. Clearly many people on CAG have had a hard time finding it in the recent past.
It wouldn't be the first time it happened. I've had issues finding games on Amazon before because of the way they listed the game.

When i did the google search, someone mentioned to search for it using google 6 months ago on another gaming site, so yeah it's an amazon "hidden" item.
I kinda only want to buy it due to being hard to come by, but then I remember even the games I want to play i'm already years behind lol.
I dislike that everyone keeps talking about Disgaea 4 like its a rare game. When people do that they're creating an artificial scarcity which incites panic buys which in turn has the potential to drive prices up. Its not a bloody unicorn, its just hard to find in stores. Needless to say, this is true of most of the Vita library. Just because I may not be able to find a copy of Killzone/Persona 4 at my local Gamestop of Bestbuy does not make the game rare.

If, when you are 'done' Disgaea 4, you are sitting there thinking 'Oh my god I need more disgaea', get 3. The differences aren't so great as to make the step backwards unenjoyable.

If you've had your fill of Disgaea for a while, don't get 3!
I think I am a quarter of the way through Disgaea 4 and its fun. Although there are too many supporting characters to choose from. I want to get 5 when it comes out on the ps4. I think I will definitely hit a point in the future when I want to play more Disgaea. I'll see how the availability is in the next few months and cave in and get 3 then.

I have a question for all you Vita game collector CAGs here.

Would you buy the digital version of a Vita game if it was on sale for cheap, or still prefer to pick up the physical version (even if used)? If you prefer physical, is it because of mem card prices?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I definitely prefer physical games, but if the price is right, I'll buy the digital version.

I've gotten quite a few $1-$5 games from flash sales. Truth be told, I sometimes think about replacing those digital games with physical ones. But that money would be put to better use buying a 64GB memory card.

I prefer physical over digital but if digital was incredibly cheaper & a game i know i wouldn't sell I'd go digital BUT because you can't game share vita games & the memory prices sux it would take even a larger price difference for me to go digital.

It wouldn't be the first time it happened. I've had issues finding games on Amazon before because of the way they listed the game.

I dislike that everyone keeps talking about Disgaea 4 like its a rare game. When people do that they're creating an artificial scarcity which incites panic buys which in turn has the potential to drive prices up. Its not a bloody unicorn, its just hard to find in stores. Needless to say, this is true of most of the Vita library. Just because I may not be able to find a copy of Killzone/Persona 4 at my local Gamestop of Bestbuy does not make the game rare.
If you can't get the physical item due to being OOS in your state/country then what is a "rare game" for you in a newer consoles? I think you might be confusing people complaining which is scarcity and not rare. This game is scarce physically which makes the game go up in the price if its sought after while not necessarily making it 'rare' Anyways, I said hard to come by and not rare which is exactly what this item is atm since you can't get it locally easily.

I think having digital games for the Vita is great if you have a 32g card and up due to the fact if you are going outside and want to swap games, its better than always having to have multiple cards on you at all times to swap. Having it instantly available no matter what to load up is such a nice feature to have.

But you know, eventually PSN will go down offline or someone might want to borrow your game. Having a physical copy does have its advantages. but the convenience of digital is always great.

Edit : I have been out of the Vita scene for so long. I have Marvel 3 and Dragon's Crown, but I dropped my vita and the screen broke almost 2 years ago sot hat made me sad :(.

But I got a new slim vita and im back at it! Im trying to get some new games for my Vita like Persona 4 Golden and Tales of Hearts R :).

Would you buy the digital version of a Vita game if it was on sale for cheap, or still prefer to pick up the physical version (even if used)? If you prefer physical, is it because of mem card prices?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I have the 64GB MC, and that will fill up at some point, so I'm a physical buyer 99% of the time. I have bought some dirt cheap PS3 digital games that did have physical versions, but the price was right, and space really isn't an issue there, so I made the plunge.

My Vita physical and digital collections are HUGE, and I don't think I have one digital game, that also has a physical release. Deep down, it's about "ownership" to me, and if I finish a game, or want to sale it at some point, that's a nice option to have. If a digital game is 5 dollars, and the physical is 10, I'll get the physical every time.

Space is an issue on the Vita, and if I can get a physical version somewhere, some place, I will. I do have tons of digital games as well, but they are all "digital" only titles, or titles that aren't offered in English/physical.

[quote name="detcgb" post="12769511" timestamp="1435289670"]I'm guessing that Amazon really fuck-ed up the listing by hiding it from people searching it on their site. Clearly many people on CAG have had a hard time finding it in the recent past.[/quote]
I wonder what other hidden games Amazon has listed...

I definitely prefer physical games, but if the price is right, I'll buy the digital version.

I've gotten quite a few $1-$5 games from flash sales. Truth be told, I sometimes think about replacing those digital games with physical ones. But that money would be put to better use buying a 64GB memory card.
I prefer physical over digital but if digital was incredibly cheaper & a game i know i wouldn't sell I'd go digital BUT because you can't game share vita games & the memory prices sux it would take even a larger price difference for me to go digital.
I think having digital games for the Vita is great if you have a 32g card and up due to the fact if you are going outside and want to swap games, its better than always having to have multiple cards on you at all times to swap. Having it instantly available no matter what to load up is such a nice feature to have.

But you know, eventually PSN will go down offline or someone might want to borrow your game. Having a physical copy does have its advantages. but the convenience of digital is always great.

Edit : I have been out of the Vita scene for so long. I have Marvel 3 and Dragon's Crown, but I dropped my vita and the screen broke almost 2 years ago sot hat made me sad :(.

But I got a new slim vita and im back at it! Im trying to get some new games for my Vita like Persona 4 Golden and Tales of Hearts R :).
I have the 64GB MC, and that will fill up at some point, so I'm a physical buyer 99% of the time. I have bought some dirt cheap PS3 digital games that did have physical versions, but the price was right, and space really isn't an issue there, so I made the plunge.

My Vita physical and digital collections are HUGE, and I don't think I have one digital game, that also has a physical release. Deep down, it's about "ownership" to me, and if I finish a game, or want to sale it at some point, that's a nice option to have. If a digital game is 5 dollars, and the physical is 10, I'll get the physical every time.

Space is an issue on the Vita, and if I can get a physical version somewhere, some place, I will. I do have tons of digital games as well, but they are all "digital" only titles, or titles that aren't offered in English/physical.
Nie to see so many replies.

I bought the 64GB card from Groupon for $85 last week and am still waiting for it to be delivered. My bigest issue has been trying to keep all the digital games we get for free on PS+ on my Vita's 16GB card. I am tired of swapping games on and off when I am in the mood to play a game. The only game I have both the physical and digital versions is the MGS collection on the Vita, both bought at the same price of $15. I bought the physical first.

So far I have bought all physical unless a game was on a flash sale or holiday sale. My most recent purchase was Disgaea 4 for $20 PSN sale and physical Freedom wars for $11.99 GCU best buy last week (while the digital was $14.99 on PSN). I hardly ever go back to play anything (especially since my pile of shame is very tall). I never sell back any games I buy even if it is a play once and done with no replay value. So buying physical or digital makes no difference, since what I buy, I keep. I do like seeing the stack of boxes on my shelf, but I can't remember the last time there was something inside the box that was worth reading, especially for Vita games.

Late reply, but why not? Physical over digital for me.

I just got involved with vita stuff thanks to the PSTV sale from Gamestop. Normally I prefer digital, but feel the opposite here. The offensive prices of memory cards, combined with the fact you can't back up your stuff without being connected back to Sony's servers is what does it for me.

I'm one of those nuts that keeps a backup of everything, including my digital console games. If I could use my own storage and be able to restore a back up at any time like with my 360 and Wii U I'd probably be fine shoving a large microSD card in there and using it. As is, I'll keep getting the games that interest me physically if I can.

Should I get a complete used copy of Disgaea 4 at my local GS or spring for a sealed copy? It'll end up in my backlog for a bit. Sounds like there are enough copies out there to keep it from soaring in price.

Are any Vita games truly rare/valuable outside of CE/LEs? Only one I can think of is maybe Retro City Rampage since it was a limited print run.

I guess I prefer physical by default because I've been too stubborn to fork over the ridiculous amount of cash for a 32GB or 64GB card. I've purchased a couple digital Vita games when they were on sale dirt cheap though, so now my 16GB card is full and instead of getting a bigger one I basically halted buying digital games and switched to either physical or nothing. 

I really think Sony did itself a disservice with that proprietary memory card format and the fact they have to charge so much for it. It's been a big turnoff for me and actually over time I think the bad taste of it has put me off a bit and made me talk myself out of buying more Vita games in general, digital or physical.

Should I get a complete used copy of Disgaea 4 at my local GS or spring for a sealed copy? It'll end up in my backlog for a bit. Sounds like there are enough copies out there to keep it from soaring in price.

Are any Vita games truly rare/valuable outside of CE/LEs? Only one I can think of is maybe Retro City Rampage since it was a limited print run.
Well, if you have Power-Up Rewards then according to the site, the used copy is $25.19, otherwise it is $27.99 which is only $2 cheaper than a new copy.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/disgaea-4-a-promise-revisited/113898

I would get a new copy, but that's just me. If it was a limited print game, I wouldn't mind getting used.

Well my Disgaea shipped for early delivery today (with 2 day prime shipping) , but there is a weather delay in Louisville, KY, so no delivery today.

I always prefer physical of digital, but if the price is really cheap I would pick up a digital version just to own it.

I guess I prefer physical by default because I've been too stubborn to fork over the ridiculous amount of cash for a 32GB or 64GB card. I've purchased a couple digital Vita games when they were on sale dirt cheap though, so now my 16GB card is full and instead of getting a bigger one I basically halted buying digital games and switched to either physical or nothing.

I really think Sony did itself a disservice with that proprietary memory card format and the fact they have to charge so much for it. It's been a big turnoff for me and actually over time I think the bad taste of it has put me off a bit and made me talk myself out of buying more Vita games in general, digital or physical.
I don't understand why so many people make such a big stink about the memory card prices. If you have enough money to buy tons of games, whether digital or physical, then you can easily afford a measly $85 for a 64gb card, and that can hold a huge number of games, all ready to play on demand. My 64gb card currently has over 100 games on it, a mix of all types, and it's great to be able to load any of those up very quickly. So what if it costs a few extra bucks for a card, when the convenience it offers is such a huge benefit? You're just making things worse for your gaming if you refuse to spend a little extra for that benefit.

I do buy a lot of Vita physical games, and generally prefer to have them available that way, but with so many fantastic sales on digital games on PSN, I've double dipped on plenty of those, just for the convenience of having tons of games ready to play, anytime. The 64gb card I got from superufo.com (about $85 shipped) was well worth the price to me, I have no complaints.

Vita is the only system I've gone mainly digital on (or buy anything digitally for that matter). I own 6 physical games but all of them except Tales of Hearts R were clearanced out or I used coupons like Kongregate to get them cheap. Digital sales, games only being available digitally and having a 32GB memory card has led me going digital on my Vita.

I don't understand why so many people make such a big stink about the memory card prices. If you have enough money to buy tons of games, whether digital or physical, then you can easily afford a measly $85 for a 64gb card, and that can hold a huge number of games, all ready to play on demand. My 64gb card currently has over 100 games on it, a mix of all types, and it's great to be able to load any of those up very quickly. So what if it costs a few extra bucks for a card, when the convenience it offers is such a huge benefit? You're just making things worse for your gaming if you refuse to spend a little extra for that benefit.

I do buy a lot of Vita physical games, and generally prefer to have them available that way, but with so many fantastic sales on digital games on PSN, I've double dipped on plenty of those, just for the convenience of having tons of games ready to play, anytime.
I think, for most of the people who don't like the price of the memory card, it's not that they don't have the money to buy the card, it's the fact that Sony is screwing over the gamers by charging too much for their proprietary crap. Again, this is my understanding of what others are thinking, this is not what someone told me and I am repeating it.

I for one hate Sony for charging that much, but like you said, it's the only option I have to carry around everything I have digitally. I only recently got the 64GB card, well I bought it on Groupon and am still waiting for it to be delivered.

I think, for most of the people who don't like the price of the memory card, it's not that they don't have the money to buy the card, it's the fact that Sony is screwing over the gamers by charging too much for their proprietary crap.
Bingo. I can buy a 64gb micro SD card for $30... Why force us to buy a card for $100 when there is a cheaper option. Answer: Greed.

Even the non-LE of DJMax Technika Tune is kind of on the rare side considering it was an online only available game. Granted it's likely a higher print run than Retro City Rampage but still pretty scarce.

I think, for most of the people who don't like the price of the memory card, it's not that they don't have the money to buy the card, it's the fact that Sony is screwing over the gamers by charging too much for their proprietary crap. Again, this is my understanding of what others are thinking, this is not what someone told me and I am repeating it.
This is how it is for me. Granted these are Gamestop used prices, but 16gb of storage shouldn't cost more than I paid for the system itself in 2015.

In a time where game companies opened up and started letting people provide their own storage solutions, Sony stayed in the land of overpriced proprietary memory cards. It might not have been the main reason, but I feel it was a significant one in causing the system to flop outside of Japan.

Demon Gaze appears to be drying up everywhere, might want to keep your eyes out for that one.  I THINK I got a used copy from a GS a month or so ago, but I can't find it for the life of me. :wall:

I picked up a used copy from Gamestop for $15 after $5 coupon, seems to be the common issue of limited print games on a primarily digital-only console being hard to find. Good game if you're into first-person dungeon crawlers though, so if you can find it for $20 it is a pretty good buy.

I only buy physical. Not because of the memory card price, but because I'm a collector anyway.

I ordered child of light from Newegg via eBay. I used to get everything from them overnight, and now I'm going on a week. Ugh.

I really want danganronpa 2 but I keep hoping it'll drop a few bucks. I should probably just buckle and buy it.

Ugh im conflicted. I really want Tales of Hearts R, and it being 30$ and a gamestop exclusive, might be harder to find in the future.

And its 14$ right now on the PSN flash sale.

Decisions decisions...

Not a deal since it's $30 on Amazon, but it appears Disgaea 4 has been restocked on the NIS website. At least, I could have sworn it was out of stock a day or two ago.

bread's done
Back