PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
All Disgaea games can be enjoyed. In 4 there is more advanced systems than 3. The most important thing is in 4 and I believe Disgaea D2 is that they use HD sprites. 3 is generally known to have one of the weaker stories though I can't vouch for it (just played 1 and 2 myself). Just know going back in games the systems wont all be there is all.
They supposedly updated the disgaea 3 sprites to HD in the Vita version

I have the 64GB MC, and that will fill up at some point, so I'm a physical buyer 99% of the time. I have bought some dirt cheap PS3 digital games that did have physical versions, but the price was right, and space really isn't an issue there, so I made the plunge.

My Vita physical and digital collections are HUGE, and I don't think I have one digital game, that also has a physical release. Deep down, it's about "ownership" to me, and if I finish a game, or want to sale it at some point, that's a nice option to have. If a digital game is 5 dollars, and the physical is 10, I'll get the physical every time.

Space is an issue on the Vita, and if I can get a physical version somewhere, some place, I will. I do have tons of digital games as well, but they are all "digital" only titles, or titles that aren't offered in English/physical.
:applause:

All Disgaea games can be enjoyed. In 4 there is more advanced systems than 3. The most important thing is in 4 and I believe Disgaea D2 is that they use HD sprites. 3 is generally known to have one of the weaker stories though I can't vouch for it (just played 1 and 2 myself). Just know going back in games the systems wont all be there is all.
D3 is kinda crap story wise. I honestly got bored with it really fast. The characters are all really lame and annoying. I got the early loss ending by losing to the pink haired chick early on purpose and considered the game beat so i didn't have to go back to it =P Actually that game kinda stopped me from playing Disgaea games. I still own them all but never played past 3 because it was such a disapointment

I have a question for all you Vita game collector CAGs here.

Would you buy the digital version of a Vita game if it was on sale for cheap, or still prefer to pick up the physical version (even if used)? If you prefer physical, is it because of mem card prices?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
PHysical all the way. I never buy digital only games, with very few exceptions. If i own a physical copy of something i may get a digital one if its on sale for really cheap, but usually on other systems. WIth the Vita i really just stick to physical because of the crappy memory card prices/sizes that several people have already complained about.

This is mostly because im a collector and digital only makes me very nervous. I look at my collection of games going back to the NES and wonder how many of those i would even be able to play if they were 'digital' back then. With servers shutting down, and other DRM BS issues

I'm starting to think that the Vita (in the US at least) and Wii U are gonna end up like the Saturn in a few years. And by that I mean everything will be bloody expensive as hell

Just going to post this.

dEgqORB.png

Ugh im conflicted. I really want Tales of Hearts R, and it being 30$ and a gamestop exclusive, might be harder to find in the future.

And its 14$ right now on the PSN flash sale.

Decisions decisions...
Add to cart, purchase.

Decision made.

I've seen it for $25 ($20?) during one of Namco's sales.. and I have never seen a used copy in a Gamestop or online (well, when I actually looked i never saw one)

It holds its price pretty good, mainly I think due to the *stupid* GS exclusive..

Especially since they raise the minimum price for free shipping in four days. I'd order it as soon as possible.
i just noticed that on their site. Jesus $75 for free shipping? Thats ridiculous. Wasnt it like $40 before? most of their LE's are less than that price, and if you preorder multiple different ones they dont ship until its all in. Blea between this and the shipping fiasco they had a while back it seems NISA is going downhill.

i just noticed that on their site. Jesus $75 for free shipping? Thats ridiculous. Wasnt it like $40 before? most of their LE's are less than that price, and if you preorder multiple different ones they dont ship until its all in. Blea between this and the shipping fiasco they had a while back it seems NISA is going downhill.
Are you talking about the damaged boxes? They replaced those for free. It sucks if you keep your CEs sealed I'll admit but I thought they handled it well. I agree with you about the new minimum. Something like $50 would've been alright but $75 is more than I would spend on a Vita CE.

You guys are missing the point of "free" shipping. It's offered in the hopes that you buy more than one item, and it becomes worth it for them to do. I've gotten all my LE from NISA on release day, or within a few days of release, because they are using priority mail, which isn't that cheap for a small single item.

They use a decent size box, with great padding, ETC. They may be spending roughly 6-10 to send customers an item for free, where is the benefit for them? There not doing this to be good guys, there doing it to make money, and continue to release more games fans want. It's obvious, it has finally gotten to a point of costing them to much, and they have to change the business model. I'm honestly surprised it took this long.

Like I said before, I would gladly pay any of the online retailers 5-10 dollars shipping if they offered a box, extra padding, and prompt shipping. Even when I have gotten a damaged item from NISA, they hold back qty's to replace items. When was the last time BB, Amazon, or Newegg replaced a SOLD OUT LE edition item for anyone here? Oh that's right, NEVER!

How many LE items have you all received in bubble mailers, crap boxes, no protection? Hundreds, if not thousands of you. Why do I know that, because every thread here is riddle with shipping complaints. Quality shipping cost money. Instead of complaining, you should all be sending those guys a thank you letter for a job well done, or at least not complaining about the best shipping in the industry going up from free, to maybe a few extra dollars. Damn this place is beyond reason sometimes!

You guys are missing the point of "free" shipping. It's offered in the hopes that you buy more than one item, and it becomes worth it for them to do. I've gotten all my LE from NISA on release day, or within a few days of release, because they are using priority mail, which isn't that cheap for a small single item.

They use a decent size box, with great padding, ETC. They may be spending roughly 6-10 to send customers an item for free, where is the benefit for them? There not doing this to be good guys, there doing it to make money, and continue to release more games fans want. It's obvious, it has finally gotten to a point of costing them to much, and they have to change the business model. I'm honestly surprised it took this long.

Like I said before, I would gladly pay any of the online retailers 5-10 dollars shipping if they offered a box, extra padding, and prompt shipping. Even when I have gotten a damaged item from NISA, they hold back qty's to replace items. When was the last time BB, Amazon, or Newegg replaced a SOLD OUT LE edition item for anyone here? Oh that's right, NEVER!

How many LE items have you all received in bubble mailers, crap boxes, no protection? Hundreds, if not thousands of you. Why do I know that, because every thread here is riddle with shipping complaints. Quality shipping cost money. Instead of complaining, you should all be sending those guys a thank you letter for a job well done, or at least not complaining about the best shipping in the industry going up from free, to maybe a few extra dollars. Damn this place is beyond reason sometimes!
OMG. So this!!!!

Most people also needs to realize FedEx, UPS, and USPS all raised their rates this year. Rates on large but light items shot way up. Even first class USPS went up something like 20%.

What are the Danganronpa games like? What style and what games would you say it's like? I want to get them both at some point.
They are point and click adventures mixed with visual novel dialogue. They're pretty enjoyable, but they feel like dumbed down versions of Virtue's Last Reward.

What are the Danganronpa games like? What style and what games would you say it's like? I want to get them both at some point.
They're fun, that is, if you enjoy mystery stories/puzzles. It would help if you've played the 999 series, because then the format wouldn't be altogether foreign. My only qualm about these games is that they are expensive for being games that are 5 years old. I mean, I guess at this point you're just paying more for the localization than the actual game.

Adventure games with a bit of detective work for cases. Also the style for narrative is generally through a visual novel style method. You can spend time with people to deepen relationships, know more about them and gain skills for use in the action sections. There is a wide variety of characters in both games but it is highly recommended to play the first as the second is a direct continuation of the first game.

They come highly recommend and they are of the visual novel plus gameplay elements games. Great! Another episode is a spin off game set between 1 and 2 I believe. It is mainly visual novel mixed with 3rd person shooter/brawler.

I'll be honest and admit I played danganronpa start to finish with a guide. I still thoroughly enjoyed it, but I think I would have missed some stuff or gotten stuck and frustrated without.

I also played virtues last reward with a guide.

Those kinds of games are so intricate and crazy that I even find them tough to do with a guide.

Ut was rarely frustrating for me though, except when you had to do a showdown type rhythm thing.

how good of a game is this
A pretty flawed JRPG with a lot of dialogue. I would pass unless you refuse to play games on any platform other than Vita and already played nearly everything else on the system. The Vita port apparently has an atrocious frame rate compared to the original and the PS3 version wasn't the smoothest game in the first place.

US Version of Steins;Gate is on sale on rice digital now for those of you who want the US version.

87bbf386-43a8-42c4-83a9-4be55cdb2674.jpg

VITA

PS3

Some of you bought the UK version, but just figured I would post it.  M rated of course.

EDIT: As Olengie pointed out, release date is august 25th

Release date is Auguat 25th by the way.

And no, its not up for preorder yet at US locations.
Well from what I understand, this version is exclusive to Rice Digital again. Who knows if the US will get a LE of it's own or not, but it does appear we do have a US release date(of sorts anyways).

Well from what I understand, this version is exclusive to Rice Digital again. Who knows if the US will get a LE of it's own or not, but it does appear we do have a US release date(of sorts anyways).
Yeah, the Collector's edition is exclusive to Rice Digital again. I don't know about regular editions.

How does the US version differ from the UK version? And why is the US version only sold on a .co.uk site? So confused right now
I mean I imagine it's literally just the rating on the box and then if there are patches or something you would be able to access them on your US region system without changing memory cards. As for why it is only sold on a .co.uk site, Rice Digital owns the rights I guess and wanted to do it for some reason. It's not convenient at all though.

A copy of Ragnarok Odyssey Ace I had ordered from Amazon just showed up and it was a Launch Edition with the soundtrack CD in a slightly dinged up outer box.

Also, any reason to keep the PS3 versions of Disgaea 3 and 4 if I purchased the Vita versions?

A copy of Ragnarok Odyssey Ace I had ordered from Amazon just showed up and it was a Launch Edition with the soundtrack CD in a slightly dinged up outer box.

Also, any reason to keep the PS3 versions of Disgaea 3 and 4 if I purchased the Vita versions?
Is there any reason to pick up the original Ragnarok Odyssey on Vita? Sounds like ACE includes the original plus all the DLC.

Not an amazing deal, but if you missed out on the Sorcery Saga LE a few days ago and just want the regular game, Aksys currently has it on sale for $14.99 + $5 shipping (or free if you spend over $75). They have some others on sale but the prices aren't all that great.

Links:

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

Sale page
Dang, looks like I missed this one. I've been wanting a copy, might as well get the LE, and this is the right price point. But oh well.

EDIT: Just realized you stated this was for the standard copy. My B.

bread's done
Back