PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why so many people make such a big stink about the memory card prices. If you have enough money to buy tons of games, whether digital or physical, then you can easily afford a measly $85 for a 64gb card, and that can hold a huge number of games, all ready to play on demand. My 64gb card currently has over 100 games on it, a mix of all types, and it's great to be able to load any of those up very quickly. So what if it costs a few extra bucks for a card, when the convenience it offers is such a huge benefit? You're just making things worse for your gaming if you refuse to spend a little extra for that benefit.

I do buy a lot of Vita physical games, and generally prefer to have them available that way, but with so many fantastic sales on digital games on PSN, I've double dipped on plenty of those, just for the convenience of having tons of games ready to play, anytime. The 64gb card I got from superufo.com (about $85 shipped) was well worth the price to me, I have no complaints.
I'm very late to answer, but oh well. As someone else said, my main gripe comes with the fact that they chose to go with a proprietary memory card that costs far more than what the same equivalent of a MicroSD card would have been. I don't know Sony's reason for this...I'm guessing it could have more to do with combating piracy than just simple greed. But either way the consumer is the one who loses when they have to pay 85-100 for a memory card when that could have been purchased for a fraction of the cost had it been an SD card. I love the convenience of having a shit ton of games on a big memory card...it feels like a little arcade in your hands. I just don't like the idea of spending that kind of cash on memory alone, especially knowing you are only spending that much because it's in a "special" format.

A copy of Ragnarok Odyssey Ace I had ordered from Amazon just showed up and it was a Launch Edition with the soundtrack CD in a slightly dinged up outer box.

Also, any reason to keep the PS3 versions of Disgaea 3 and 4 if I purchased the Vita versions?
Not really....all DLC and portable. Only reason would be if you want to play on a big screen.

US Version of Steins;Gate is on sale on rice digital now for those of you who want the US version.

87bbf386-43a8-42c4-83a9-4be55cdb2674.jpg

VITA

PS3

Some of you bought the UK version, but just figured I would post it. M rated of course.

EDIT: As Olengie pointed out, release date is august 25th
so does that mean they charge right away or on release day?

Awesome. Picked up the Vita version. Thanks for the info!
Did you get charged right away? I've never ordered on that site before.

Does anybody know if Minecraft on PS3 is still crossbuy?
I grabbed my copy a few months ago and it was still crossbuy.

Just opened up the case, yep still had the paperwork inside. Says code good until 3/31/17 (I already used it. For some stupid reason I end up putting the paperwork back in the boxes, sometimes..)

I grabbed my copy a few months ago and it was still crossbuy.
Just opened up the case, yep still had the paperwork inside. Says code good until 3/31/17 (I already used it. For some stupid reason I end up putting the paperwork back in the boxes, sometimes..)
Thanks. Do you know if the ps4 $5 upgrade still exists too? I only want the vita version and ps4 version and the crossbuy plus upgrade made the most sense to me

My local game store got a couple copies of Killzone Mercenary new for $20. Not sure if I should wait for it to go lower or is $20 the best price out there.

My local game store got a couple copies of Killzone Mercenary new for $20. Not sure if I should wait for it to go lower or is $20 the best price out there.
I think I paid $11 for it during aPSN sale a while back, but after playing it, I felt it was definitely worth more. I would pay $20 for it easy. Best FPS on a hand held hands down.

[quote name="detcgb" post="12774310" timestamp="1435543136"]A pretty flawed JRPG with a lot of dialogue. I would pass unless you refuse to play games on any platform other than Vita and already played nearly everything else on the system. The Vita port apparently has an atrocious frame rate compared to the original and the PS3 version wasn't the smoothest game in the first place.[/quote]
Keep in mind that most of the reviews are for the PS3 version, which was buggy as shit and whoever localized it actually just stripped out all the features that required anything that looked like too much work to port over to a US release (unlocking the costumes and scene replay features required this online boss fight gimmick that they just didn't bother to port, so they just took out that feature entirely). Presumably the Vita version will be slightly better with this.

That said, it is still basically a VN, so if you're not into heavily story-driven jRPGs, might wanna take a pass on this one.

I'd pick it up ASAP if I were you. That's a great price for a fantastic game, and it seems to be getting harder to find cheap. I have a copy, but would probably get another if I saw it that cheap locally.

A pretty flawed JRPG with a lot of dialogue. I would pass unless you refuse to play games on any platform other than Vita and already played nearly everything else on the system. The Vita port apparently has an atrocious frame rate compared to the original and the PS3 version wasn't the smoothest game in the first place.
just could not pull the trigger on it got to major of a back log... Puzzle and dragons is killing me. I would love to see more types of the game hit over here.. Paid 24 bucks for it already got 60 hours out of it and just making it to the 3 post game world on the Dragon side, have not made it past world 3 on the mario side. easy a 100+ game.

still got to play

3ds

Devil 2 (never played sucks already drop 10)

Eithen mystery dung (play around 10 hours)

fossil fighters

persona (just can get into it)

Fantasy life (see above)

Cit of earth

Vita

Neptun 1 2 3

black heart

tales of heart

dis 3 and 4

not couting the 10+ psn rpg games i have on system

mostly way i quit gamefly

Keep in mind that most of the reviews are for the PS3 version, which was buggy as shit and whoever localized it actually just stripped out all the features that required anything that looked like too much work to port over to a US release (unlocking the costumes and scene replay features required this online boss fight gimmick that they just didn't bother to port, so they just took out that feature entirely). Presumably the Vita version will be slightly better with this. That said, it is still basically a VN, so if you're not into heavily story-driven jRPGs, might wanna take a pass on this one.
It's not that I don't enjoy story-heavy JRPGs, just that I don't enjoy games that don't make sense without playing a game that hasn't been localized.

[quote name="detcgb" post="12779165" timestamp="1435762734"]It's not that I don't enjoy story-heavy JRPGs, just that I don't enjoy games that don't make sense without playing a game that hasn't been localized.[/quote]
Some guy actually translated and summarized every silly detail of the first game. And to be fair the game doesn't make a ton of sense even if you know the background.

Not sure how I missed this, but Terraria got a physical release on Vita on 6/9/15, and is available from many retailers, including Best Buy for $19.99 (15.99 with GCU, ship to store only, not sold in stores).  This is one of my favorite games of all time, and the Vita version is absolutely fantastic, with some great added functionality.  Here's the BB link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/terraria-ps-vita/8458115.p?id=1219692521306&skuId=8458115

Also available at Amazon, GS, etc.  I just ordered a copy for ship-to-store from BB, fantastic price with GCU on a great game.

Not sure how I missed this, but Terraria got a physical release on Vita on 6/9/15, and is available from many retailers, including Best Buy for $19.99 (15.99 with GCU, ship to store only, not sold in stores). This is one of my favorite games of all time, and the Vita version is absolutely fantastic, with some great added functionality. Here's the BB link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/terraria-ps-vita/8458115.p?id=1219692521306&skuId=8458115

Also available at Amazon, GS, etc. I just ordered a copy for ship-to-store from BB, fantastic price with GCU on a great game.
I just wanted to make sure this is not a download code like the physical PS3 version was....

I'm sure you all already know, but child of light is fantastic and you should buy it. It's getting harder to find copies in gamestops.

I agree, I skipped the PS3 retail release for that reason. The Vita version is indeed a physical game card.
Thank you - I will likely get it when it comes down a little bit in price. Already have it on 2 systems already, and my phone lol.

I've been listening to the Fillmore theme on loop for the past 20 minutes after seeing your avatar
Always loved the Actraiser soundtrack myself too! And that's one of the better tracks on it.

Got my Metal Gear Solid HD Collection from the Ebay Seller happy with it
I was going to order but the French language on the front made me think it was the Candian version. Did yours have the French on the front, by the ESRB rating? By the way I dont think it effects the game at all just my OCD.

I was going to order but the French language on the front made me think it was the Candian version. Did yours have the French on the front, by the ESRB rating? By the way I dont think it effects the game at all just my OCD.
No it looks to me like the normal version we get here in the states I thought they all said it in French also

My copy of MGS from Best Buy also came with French on it (with Spanish on the back).  Are you sure there's even a non-French version out there?

Picking up a used vita later today for $100 that comes with Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa 1 & 2, Akiba's Trip, and Final Fantasy X. Any good game suggestions for cheap? Not massive on JRPGs but open to any and all ideas.

The two Danganronpa games alone make that a fantastic deal for a Vita.

I would suggest looking for cheap (under $10) copy of Hot Shots Golf, at the very least. If you end up liking the Danganronpa games, then check out Virtue's Last Reward. Rayman if you like 2d platformers.

Do you already have a backlog of PS+ games? If not, sign up and start getting those free games.

HSG is like $6 at GS. That's got a lot of fun in it.

NFSMW isn't too bad. Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Fez, Lego Lego Movie, Hotline Miami, OlliOlli, Wipeout, etc.

My copy of MGS from Best Buy also came with French on it (with Spanish on the back). Are you sure there's even a non-French version out there?
Yes, there is a non-French version. Best Buy seems to do that a lot though. I have gotten several older titles new from Best Buy online that have had the French writing. I'm only guessing but I think after the first run of some titles they only make a North American version rather then two different versions. For example my launch version of Catherine on the Xbox only had English writing but the copy I got from Best Buy brand new a few months ago had both English and French.

Yes, there is a non-French version. Best Buy seems to do that a lot though. I have gotten several older titles new from Best Buy online that have had the French writing. I'm only guessing but I think after the first run of some titles they only make a North American version rather then two different versions. For example my launch version of Catherine on the Xbox only had English writing but the copy I got from Best Buy brand new a few months ago had both English and French.
Sounds to me like they are using their canadian stock of games, we know those canucks can't game as hard as we do, U S A #1 #1 jk jk

I think NTSC games have been English/French for a while now... I don't think there are Canada-specific versions... Looking at various game covers on Gamefaqs shows many as English/French with the ESRB logo.

bread's done
Back