PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering getting Lost Dimension at BBY cause of GCU. THat and preordering Dungeon Travelers 2 but I don't know if it'll come with the launch calendar or not (but it should).

I just discovered that your Vita game save file is tied to the game install, and if you try to delete a game you've downloaded to save space your saves all go with it.

Why the hell you do that! 

I just discovered that your Vita game save file is tied to the game install, and if you try to delete a game you've downloaded to save space your saves all go with it.

i hate that as well. psp handeld memory much better than the vita

How big of a difference is it? I want the Vita game so I can take it with me and use it on my PSTV.
I played the Vita version, I didn't notice any slowdowns and it runs pretty smooth. However, I did a minor complaint in the PSN thread about the loading screen flash for casting animations in combat. Don't know if that is still present in the PS3 version, if it is, I wouldn't say you are going to loose much performance wise going for the Vita version. I think this type of game is a perfect fit for the Vita though.

Or maybe because you just don't have any morals, period. No reason to try to justify it, your crappy justification and lack of decency is pretty clear to everyone here.

EDIT: "GHOULexe - Member since 15 July 2015, 4 posts total, one neutral feedback". Wow, a newbie who basically just self-destructed before he even started posting here. Pretty sad. You might want to delete your profile and start a new one, this one is trashed, lol. :wave:
I could do that if it really mattered. Or if I violated a guideline or something resulting in me getting banned. But I didn't think everyone would get so offended, especially since everyone in this thread is talking about their horrible experiences with Gamestop.

But yeah you're totally right. No morals at all. Nope. But hey at least I do the customer surveys.

I just don't shop at Gamestop because if even ONE person is in front of you it takes 15 minutes to get served. It's absolutely ridiculous. Every fuck ing time. There could be two people working, and if ONE person is at the counter ahead of you, just forget it. Leave.

There was a time in my life where I thought I wanted Supremacy MMA. I am not proud of that time. You might be able to talk yourself into thinking "Oh hey it's a fun gamey style MMA game with blah and blah like I dunno Def Jam or some shit." No, no, no. Instead it wants to be an ugly pseudo fighter.

EDIT: GCU is working wonders for BB. I'm impulse buying right and left. Lord of Magna. WO3U. Lost Dimensions. Dying Light.

If you install Content Manager Assistant on a PC you can transfer your installed games between the PC and Vita (or PSTV) instead of just deleting them. Backing up to a PC should copy the game save data and any game updates too.

Yeah, I'm not sure where I had read that but I heard that was the case not long after getting my Vita last year ... so I always backup my games to PC with Content Manager before deleting from my Vita.

Can you have multiple memory cards set up for the same Vita and just swap them as needed? Or does your profile get locked to the card? Thinking of buying another card

Can you have multiple memory cards set up for the same Vita and just swap them as needed? Or does your profile get locked to the card? Thinking of buying another card
You can just swap them out. I have at least 6 cards in various sizes. never figured out a good way to keep track of them though.

any other deals going on right now? havent been able to find very much in my area, and a couple of my favorite stores avtually closed down so now i have even less places to go to for my gaming needs.

A Gamestop 40 miles from me had both Disgaea 4 and Hyperdevotion Noire used so I went into my local store and asked for a transfer of these two titles. Should be here later this week so I'm excited about that. Also found a Toukiden Kiwami with original art as well. Needing to find something to use this GS credit on.

Same here. I have been looking at area GS trying to find which games I can get used. Trying to buy physical to save on memory. Anyone have any input about Opration Abyss and Tokyo Ghost Hunters? Kinda want those. Don't know if I should wait and get Steins Gate and Corpse Party. TYIA!

A Gamestop 40 miles from me had both Disgaea 4 and Hyperdevotion Noire used so I went into my local store and asked for a transfer of these two titles. Should be here later this week so I'm excited about that. Also found a Toukiden Kiwami with original art as well. Needing to find something to use this GS credit on.
Toukiden Kiwami seems to be getting pretty hard to track down. Amazon shows they will be getting more at 29.99 but I've had one on backorder for a couple of weeks now.

Edot: Looks like it's 39.99 now.

Same here. I have been looking at area GS trying to find which games I can get used. Trying to buy physical to save on memory. Anyone have any input about Opration Abyss and Tokyo Ghost Hunters? Kinda want those. Don't know if I should wait and get Steins Gate and Corpse Party. TYIA!
I picked up Tokyo Twilight last week, liked it more than I expected. Kind of a Phoenix Wright on rails story layout with RTS elements and conversation wheels.

Toukiden Kiwami seems to be getting pretty hard to track down. Amazon shows they will be getting more at 29.99 but I've had one on backorder for a couple of weeks now.
Is that just the vita version? I picked a copy of that up a while back but was holding off on the ps4 version to drop in price before getting a copy of the console version

I've never had this happen to me before-

I just got Uncharted: Golden Abyss new on cart from Amazon for only $5.25 (actually for only $.25 if you subtract the $5 credit to Prime Pantry I got for selecting No-Rush Shipping).  

I didn't add it to my cart from the main product page where it's selling for $20.23 and Prime shipping (http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-Golden-Abyss-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B0050SW8OS/ref=sr_1_1?&ie=UTF8&qid=1438696259&sr=8-1&keywords=golden+abyss), but this page instead (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0050SW8OS/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all), which is $15.25 with Prime shipping.

When I added it to my cart, a $10 Prime discount was automatically applied to the item, making it $5.25 total.

I know that Amazon recently started discounting upcoming games exclusively for Prime members (Fallour 4 and Battlefront for $53, etc.), but I don't see any mention of a similar discount for Golden Abyss until I got to the checkout page.

I wonder if this is a one-time thing for my account, or just how many other games could I add to my cart and see a $10 discount applied?  Has something like this happened to any of you?

Might be a one time thing for you. I bought it when it was 12.99 so i didnt fully checkout but i added it to cart and went all the way to the last step... No discount for me.

[quote name="Joao" post="12846988" timestamp="1438697733"]Actually now that i think about it... They were giving away $10 credit to prime memebers for something or other.[/quote]
I think it was on Prime day. If I remember correctly, if you bought a gift card they gave you an additional $10 credit.

That wasnt it for me... It was pretty random. Maybe only a select few got it, but i didnt have to buy or do anything. It just showed up.

Its my wifes account so I didnt pay too much attention. Was just happy with the outcome. Ahaha

Has anyone played Toukiden Kiwami yet? I've been curious about it but you guys are talking about its rarity now so I'm wondering if it's worth the $.

I've never had this happen to me before-

I just got Uncharted: Golden Abyss new on cart from Amazon for only $5.25 (actually for only $.25 if you subtract the $5 credit to Prime Pantry I got for selecting No-Rush Shipping).

I didn't add it to my cart from the main product page where it's selling for $20.23 and Prime shipping (http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-Golden-Abyss-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B0050SW8OS/ref=sr_1_1?&ie=UTF8&qid=1438696259&sr=8-1&keywords=golden+abyss), but this page instead (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0050SW8OS/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all), which is $15.25 with Prime shipping.

When I added it to my cart, a $10 Prime discount was automatically applied to the item, making it $5.25 total.

I know that Amazon recently started discounting upcoming games exclusively for Prime members (Fallour 4 and Battlefront for $53, etc.), but I don't see any mention of a similar discount for Golden Abyss until I got to the checkout page.

I wonder if this is a one-time thing for my account, or just how many other games could I add to my cart and see a $10 discount applied? Has something like this happened to any of you?
It sounds like you had a Promo Credit on your account. I just checked and it shows $15.xx in my cart (well $16 after tax).

[quote name="VyseArcad1a" post="12847080" timestamp="1438699782"]Has anyone played Toukiden Kiwami yet? I've been curious about it but you guys are talking about its rarity now so I'm wondering if it's worth the $.[/quote]
There's a demo in the store, but it's huge (1gb+). From what I understand, its a monster hunter clone, so if you like that series, you'll like this. I've been wanting to download the demo myself before buying, but I'm out of space on my 64gb card.

I'm wading through the free ps+ games to see if there are any I don't like so I can delete them. So far, I'm not having much luck. I've gone through 2 so far, Pixel Junk Shooter and The Swapper, and I enjoyed them both. Played much more than the initial 10 minutes I had planned for each.

There's a demo in the store, but it's huge (1gb+). From what I understand, its a monster hunter clone, so if you like that series, you'll like this. I've been wanting to download the demo myself before buying, but I'm out of space on my 64gb card. I'm wading through the free ps+ games to see if there are any I don't like so I can delete them. So far, I'm not having much luck. I've gone through 2 so far, Pixel Junk Shooter and The Swapper, and I enjoyed them both. Played much more than the initial 10 minutes I had planned for each.
Awesome! I'll download the demo tonight. Thanks!

Actually now that i think about it... They were giving away $10 credit to prime memebers for something or other.
There was also a promotion recently for $10 of promo credit for having a Capital One card as your default 1-click payment method. I just used my promo from that yesterday actually.

i heard it was pretty difficult and the platinum trophy for it (and the original) are supposed to be the hardest on the vita, aside from that stupid ad hoc trophy from dynasty warriors

Has anyone played Toukiden Kiwami yet? I've been curious about it but you guys are talking about its rarity now so I'm wondering if it's worth the $.
Its a Monster Hunter clone with Dynasty Warrior gameplay. Pretty fun, and great for the bathroom/quick play because you can knock out a mission in 15-30 minutes. Theres a lot of replayability as you will have to farm for better parts/equipment.

Actually now that i think about it... They were giving away $10 credit to prime memebers for something or other.

I think it was on Prime day. If I remember correctly, if you bought a gift card they gave you an additional $10 credit.

It sounds like you had a Promo Credit on your account. I just checked and it shows $15.xx in my cart (well $16 after tax).
Yeah I did get a promotional credit applied to my account after buying some Amazon gift cards on Prime Day, but I thought it was for $15, not $10. Apparently I'm confused!

anyone bought from this place before?
I used to go to their physical location in Fairfax. They are legit. As noted, they tend to have higher prices.

I like trading in there because they respect completes and manuals by giving more for trade-ins that have them. Because of this, they tend to have really HQ used stuff to then spend that credit on.

[quote name="VyseArcad1a" post="12847673" timestamp="1438713390"]Shows $39.99... And out of stock.[/quote]
Mhm waited too long to bite lol It went cold....

bread's done
Back