PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="nitrosmob" post="12847839" timestamp="1438715902"]Yes it's like a MH game. Just an upgraded version that includes everything from the original. [/quote]
A la Soul Sacrifice Delta, which included everything from the first game and then some. I haven't played toukiden (still playing freedom wars) but I figure they probably improved game mechanics as well with Kiwami making it the definitive edition of the game. I want Toukiden K but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it lol.

No PSN sale talk? I've got a big vita backlog because of these sales. Granted a good portion of it is PSP/PSONE stuff. Picked up Shinobido 2 for $7 from this one.

[quote name="volt1up" post="12848461" timestamp="1438729764"]No PSN sale talk? I've got a big vita backlog because of these sales. Granted a good portion of it is PSP/PSONE stuff. Picked up Shinobido 2 for $7 from this one.[/quote]
Ugh, I'm done with ps sales. lol I too, have a ridiculous backlog. It seems every time I buy games from the sale the become free on plus. So I'm making it a late year resolution to clear my backlog.

Has anyone played Toukiden Kiwami yet? I've been curious about it but you guys are talking about its rarity now so I'm wondering if it's worth the $.
I think Kiwami is the best MH-style game on Vita by miles, better than SSD and FW. Does a lot of things better than MH, but several things worse too.

Ugh, I'm done with ps sales. lol I too, have a ridiculous backlog. It seems every time I buy games from the sale the become free on plus. So I'm making it a late year resolution to clear my backlog.
That reminds me this month plus games are out. Yeah it's always a risk with the free plus games, but sales soften the blow. For digital I always wait on a sale. Heard Shinobido 2 is getting a little hard to find so went ahead and picked it up. Matches the cheap gamestop price.

No PSN sale talk? I've got a big vita backlog because of these sales. Granted a good portion of it is PSP/PSONE stuff. Picked up Shinobido 2 for $7 from this one.
Picked up a bunch of PSP NIS games... hoping they all play on the PTV. Thought it was pretty funny that NIS mentioned the guy from the PS blog asking for Disgaea 2.

The VITA version is getting difficult to get. I gave in and bought one at $35 or so on Newegg.
Yea but just the vtta version right? Like i said i got a copy of that, but was waiting on the ps4 version to drop in price before i got a copy of the console version. Just wanted to make sure it didn't go OOP or something on me, lol

Has anyone played Toukiden Kiwami yet? I've been curious about it but you guys are talking about its rarity now so I'm wondering if it's worth the $.
as people have mentioned i guess its kinda like Monster Hunter which i've never played. I played the ps4 demo and it was pretty fun. If you like kinda buton mashy kill the hordes kinda games. I found the ps4 graphics to be garbage though. No reason at all it shouldn't have just come on ps3. Maybe it stands out better on the vita?

One thing thats interesting about it is there seem to be a wide variety of weapon types. I only messed with a few but they seemed drastically different from each other, completely changing the way the characters played. I.E. the naginata and sword isn't just a range thing. They type of moves and basic mobiliy are completely different. Some weapons felt kinda clunky but i could have just been that i didn't get the mechanics. I coudln't really get t he timing down for the gauntlet block/counter stuff. The Kusarigama seemed most interesting to me and is probably what i'll mess with when i get around to playing it

Actually had a question about this game. Should i play the original first or can i skip straight to kiwami? I always play games in order but i heard Kiwami is literally the exact same game with a few items added. Is it like a 'ultimate edition' or atually a seperate game?

anyone bought from this place before?
as a few other people mentioned their legit. I have used them in the past but not in a long time mostly because of their high prices. They used to have a decent stock of hard to find games back in the day

Yea but just the vtta version right? Like i said i got a copy of that, but was waiting on the ps4 version to drop in price before i got a copy of the console version. Just wanted to make sure it didn't go OOP or something on me, lol

as people have mentioned i guess its kinda like Monster Hunter which i've never played. I played the ps4 demo and it was pretty fun. If you like kinda buton mashy kill the hordes kinda games. I found the ps4 graphics to be garbage though. No reason at all it shouldn't have just come on ps3. Maybe it stands out better on the vita?

One thing thats interesting about it is there seem to be a wide variety of weapon types. I only messed with a few but they seemed drastically different from each other, completely changing the way the characters played. I.E. the naginata and sword isn't just a range thing. They type of moves and basic mobiliy are completely different. Some weapons felt kinda clunky but i could have just been that i didn't get the mechanics. I coudln't really get t he timing down for the gauntlet block/counter stuff. The Kusarigama seemed most interesting to me and is probably what i'll mess with when i get around to playing it

Actually had a question about this game. Should i play the original first or can i skip straight to kiwami? I always play games in order but i heard Kiwami is literally the exact same game with a few items added. Is it like a 'ultimate edition' or atually a seperate game?

as a few other people mentioned their legit. I have used them in the past but not in a long time mostly because of their high prices. They used to have a decent stock of hard to find games back in the day
Toukiden: Kiwami is the super hyper turbo championship edition version of Toukiden. Everything from the first one is in the updated release, so feel free to pick it up on either platform it was released on.

Toukiden: Kiwami is the super hyper turbo championship edition version of Toukiden. Everything from the first one is in the updated release, so feel free to pick it up on either platform it was released on.
So story wise its the exact same thing in both games? Just with extra weapons.characters or something then, right? If so ill just Kiwmi, but if the story is actually different or anything id do em in order

Ordered Toukiden: Kiwami yesterday. I noticed there's an Asian, English-subtitled version on Play-Asia: Is the North American version in English, or does it too contain Japanese language with English subtitles? (If not, is this an option?)

Toukiden Kiwami Is becoming Rare? What bullshit is this. It's on stock at this moment on pretty much every online retailer. Frys, Amazon, Newegg, 

Toukiden Kiwami Is becoming Rare? What bullshit is this. It's on stock at this moment on pretty much every online retailer. Frys, Amazon, Newegg,
But the price hasn't dropped much at all, it most likely had a fairly low print run, and it's one of the best MH style games on the Vita. Demand is probably high enough for most retailers to keep the price up, but who knows how long retail copies will be easily available?

EDIT: Just checked online: Walmart, Target, and BB don't carry it, GS doesn't have it for shipping (meaning mostly a few gutted copies in stores), and Newegg is selling it for $42, above retail. It's not as common as you might think.

But the price hasn't dropped much at all, it most likely had a fairly low print run, and it's one of the best MH style games on the Vita. Demand is probably high enough for most retailers to keep the price up, but who knows how long retail copies will be easily available?

EDIT: Just checked online: Walmart, Target, and BB don't carry it, GS doesn't have it for shipping (meaning mostly gutted copies in stores), and Newegg is selling it for $42, above retail. It's not as common as you might think.
This is pretty much bullshit. The only Vita game that actually got a fairly low print run in America was htoL# from NIS. Look back at the last 10 years and see which Tecmo-Koei game has become RARE and PRICEY. NONE, some of them keep their MSRP, but that doesn't make it Rare, more like uncommon. Walmart, Target, and BB don't carry many Vita games. Even gamestop has almost no Vita section. Everyone with a brain knows that the only way to buy Vita games other than pre-ordering at a few retail stores, is from online stores.

This is pretty much bullshit. The only Vita game that actually got a fairly low print run in America was htoL# from NIS. Look back at the last 10 years and see which Tecmo-Koei game has become RARE and PRICEY. NONE, some of them keep their MSRP, but that doesn't make it Rare, more like uncommon. Walmart, Target, and BB don't carry many Vita games. Even gamestop has almost no Vita section. Everyone with a brain knows that the only way to buy Vita games other than pre-ordering at a few retail stores, is from online stores.
Edit: NIS also released another game with limited copies: Ar No Surge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star.

Just speculation and theories... geez. Angry much?

All this talking about it being rare is peaking interest, which doesn't help.

Personally, I'm trying to finish up the demo first and then I'll see about buying it if I liked the demo.

All this talking about it being rare is peaking interest, which doesn't help. Personally, I'm trying to finish up the demo first and then I'll see about buying it if I liked the demo.
Possible, but I highly doubt a few people on a message board will make that much difference for something this niche. Hopefully not.

Starting to get a little nervous on a couple orders from Amazon. I ordered Criminal Girls and Toukiden Kiwami new from Amazon. When I ordered them it said in stock but may require 1-2 days extra processing. Shortly after ordering that changed to the message that they are backordered. It's now been nearly 2 weeks without an update. I don't want to wait to find out they aren't getting another shipment and the prices end up going any higher. In the past Amazon has always delivered on these types of items but with the print runs most Vita games are getting I'm not sure if I should go ahead and pick them up elsewhere.

Starting to get a little nervous on a couple orders from Amazon. I ordered Criminal Girls and Toukiden Kiwami new from Amazon. When I ordered them it said in stock but may require 1-2 days extra processing. Shortly after ordering that changed to the message that they are backordered. It's now been nearly 2 weeks without an update. I don't want to wait to find out they aren't getting another shipment and the prices end up going any higher. In the past Amazon has always delivered on these types of items but with the print runs most Vita games are getting I'm not sure if I should go ahead and pick them up elsewhere.
Try thi link after you have logged into Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

I am not sure if the above link is the right place, but a few years ago, I wanted to talk to a live person in stead of dealing with emailing back and forth and once you select an order number and put your phone number in, they should call you in a few minutes. You can then ask them what's going on. Hope this helps.

If you knew this already, then sorry for telling you something you already knew.

Try thi link after you have logged into Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

I am not sure if the above link is the right place, but a few years ago, I wanted to talk to a live person in stead of dealing with emailing back and forth and once you select an order number and put your phone number in, they should call you in a few minutes. You can then ask them what's going on. Hope this helps.

If you knew this already, then sorry for telling you something you already knew.
I don't know if they will be able to give me much more info as they still have listings up that show they will update once they have a delivery date. Makes me think they placed an order and haven't realized the Publisher is essentially OOS too. If it doesn't update soon I will see if they can provide an update.

Picked up Hyperdevotion Noire, Neptunia Re;Birth 1 and 2, Virtue's Last Reward, and Danganronpa 2 today. Used almost all of my GS credit and two $5 off coupons. It felt like I hit every GS in Birmingham AL today.

Could be like those $5 launch titles that took them like 3 months to ship.

The current PSN sale is actually decent. I had been waiting for sales on Disgaea games for a while, and I was very happy to see D3 and D4 go on sale for $16 for PS Plus members ($20 for non, I believe).

Also picked up MegaMan 8 for $3 w/ PS Plus. Great deals on great games. Perfect handheld games

Picked up Hyperdevotion Noire, Neptunia Re;Birth 1 and 2, Virtue's Last Reward, and Danganronpa 2 today. Used almost all of my GS credit and two $5 off coupons. It felt like I hit every GS in Birmingham AL today.
Nice Haul. I want all of those.

i'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. Great sale for Megaman, DisGaea, and the Danganronpa (however you spell it) games

Like Absence of Detention, I noticed that Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited is no longer being carried by Amazon ($30) or any other major online store.  I bought from a third party amazon seller instead, since I noticed the Ebay prices going up as well.

Like Absence of Detention, I noticed that Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited is no longer being carried by Amazon ($30) or any other major online store. I bought from a third party amazon seller instead, since I noticed the Ebay prices going up as well.
This is basically the norm for most Vita physical releases. Low print runs with only a handful of stores selling them. More retailers qre abandoning the Vita and the ones still selling games have become much more conservative with how much they order. Even my local Gamestop hasn't received copies of several new releases recently.

On Topic: Amazon has Uncharted Golden Abyss for $12.99 again.

Ordered Toukiden: Kiwami yesterday. I noticed there's an Asian, English-subtitled version on Play-Asia: Is the North American version in English, or does it too contain Japanese language with English subtitles? (If not, is this an option?)
NA version is Japanese audio with English subs. There is no English audio version.

Like Absence of Detention, I noticed that Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited is no longer being carried by Amazon ($30) or any other major online store. I bought from a third party amazon seller instead, since I noticed the Ebay prices going up as well.
It is available from Amazon, you just have to do the search correctly. I thought it was gone too, but for some reason Amazon only shows secondary sellers for some items, even though they offer them.

This is the direct-from-amazon link for Disgaea 4
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFF0SH2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=OO9QOI2HB422&coliid=I34738C15EIM4L

I like a variety of videogames and adore ff tactics but for some reason I can't get into Disgaea. I have D3 and it remains one of my least played games on vita. I come back to games in the series time and time again really enjoying the puzzle parts of battle but disliking the character development system. I'm not going out of my way to get D4 lol

Is Golden Abyss one of those games that I'll regret later for not picking it up?
Hard to say, when it first came out it was every where and I even saw it used for as low as $10. Then it just disappeared and the use price shot up to $25 used, but lately I see it used all over the place like Metal Gear going used for $20. So for $13 I say get it, at the rate Vita games are slowly disappearing from shelves.

bread's done
Back