PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I need some advice what game to start next. I'm currently finishing up Danganronpa 1 and halfway through Monster Monpiece. I'm wanting to start a RPG that won't be too time consuming to finish (reason Persona 4 isn't on my list at the moment). My options to start next are the following:

Child of Light
Disgaea 3 & 4
Hyperdevotion Noire
Tales of Hearts R
Toukiden: Kiwami

Is Golden Abyss one of those games that I'll regret later for not picking it up?
I'm in the minority, but it is my favorite Uncharted game of the bunch. Drake is supposed to be a treasure hunter, but in every game, the treasure hunting really serves no purpose. Of course the story moves forward based on the next clue and location, but I'm referring to the trinkets scattered around the stages. If you find them, or don't, it really serves no purpose one way or the other.

In GA, for every item you find laying around or hidden somewhere, you get a piece of information about a character or situation in this game. It actually makes you seek out items to actually flesh out the story and give you more information. In the other games, it just gives you a piece of general history of the found item, and that's it, a waste of time really, unless your a history major. LOL

This game doesn't have the HUGE set pieces, and grand moments of 2 & 3, but I don't really care for that, as that stuff is more about being a movie, than an actual game. Yes, this game does have some out of place Vita specific "rubbing" moments, but there not as bad as some would have you believe.

For me personally, I would love to see future titles go more in this games direction, than where the new game is headed, but as I stated, I'm in the minority. This is also the only Uncharted game I felt compelled to play more than once, as I wanted to find all the items, so I could have 100% of the story revealed. Once I finished 1, 2 & 3, I saw no reason to play again, as finding 100% of the hidden items wasn't doing anything but completing a trophy, are checking off a list. It did nothing to help the overall story, as it does in GA.

For me, this is an A+ title.

I need some advice what game to start next. I'm currently finishing up Danganronpa 1 and halfway through Monster Monpiece. I'm wanting to start a RPG that won't be too time consuming to finish (reason Persona 4 isn't on my list at the moment). My options to start next are the following:

Child of Light
Disgaea 3 & 4
Hyperdevotion Noire
Tales of Hearts R
its basically child of light by default. i dont know about toukiden but the rest of those are easily 10 times (or more) as long game play wise

Child of Light
Disgaea 3 & 4
Hyperdevotion Noire
Tales of Hearts R
What ritchardf said:

its basically child of light by default. i dont know about toukiden but the rest of those are easily 10 times (or more) as long game play wise
ToHR is definitely a 40+ hour game, more if you go for the plat. By comparison, Child of Light lasts roughly 6-8 hours.

Is that a great price for Killzone? Thats been on my list for a while and I think you're right, I just hate to believe it.
Gamestop has Killzone:M listed as $28 used, they do not even carry it new any more. But odd thing is my local shop has been able to get it new and they are selling it for $20.

I like a variety of videogames and adore ff tactics but for some reason I can't get into Disgaea. I have D3 and it remains one of my least played games on vita. I come back to games in the series time and time again really enjoying the puzzle parts of battle but disliking the character development system. I'm not going out of my way to get D4 lol
Yeah, I mean... Don't get me wrong, I love Disgaea (and the other NIS games like Phantom Brave), but they're more of a "Kill time on a rainy day" thing for me. I've never really felt invested in the story of any of them after Disgaea 1. If I want an SRPG with solid character development and an involved story, I'll go to FF Tactics, Tactics Ogre, etc. Even FF Tactics Advance, because tbh I love that game.

Child of Light
Disgaea 3 & 4
Hyperdevotion Noire
Tales of Hearts R
My vote goes to Child of Light.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably do Child of Light while I finish up those others and once everything is done I'll jump into one of the heavyweights (Persona 4 or Tales of Hearts R).

Is that a great price for Killzone? Thats been on my list for a while and I think you're right, I just hate to believe it.
Its always over 30 (32-33 normally)... I payed around the same its going for now on amazon for a used copy (used a coupon too).

Thats just my observation, though. Maybe someone will chime in and say im crazy.

Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited is listed as $27.99 on frys.com Store Pick-up only.
Tearaway is listed for $9.99 Store pick-up only.

I was able to order Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited for store pick up. Tearaway was unavailable.
If you have a local Fry's Electronics this is a great deal.
Ugh!!! Ive been trying to buy tearaway forever... Just hoping i can get it for around 15-20 new... 10 would have been awesome!

New to the Vita, snagged one on Prime Day and haven't had a whole lot of time to play around with it....

If I already have Golden Abyss from PS+ is there much point in grabbing the cart for it?

[quote name="GodSmackedMe" post="12853293" timestamp="1438964521"]New to the Vita, snagged one on Prime Day and haven't had a whole lot of time to play around with it....

If I already have Golden Abyss from PS+ is there much point in grabbing the cart for it?[/quote]
Nope, you're set. It just for people who want it physically as well. Collectors and the like.

Thanks. While I do certainly have my collections, I don't see me starting a Vita collection. Besides, the wife would kill me :D

But then again, if I ever get time to play anything. ...

Ugh!!! Ive been trying to buy tearaway forever... Just hoping i can get it for around 15-20 new... 10 would have been awesome!
I have been too and when I saw it for $9.99 I was excited but my local Fry's didn't have it available.

I'm curious to see the vita section when I go in and pick up Disgaea 4.

Thanks. While I do certainly have my collections, I don't see me starting a Vita collection. Besides, the wife would kill me :D

But then again, if I ever get time to play anything. ...
Dont. I tried doing this and wanted to play a game or so. Tried the wolf among us and the lag is unbearable. Got rid of other 2 games with the same problem but if I were you, I'd stick to playing games from ps+.

New to the Vita, snagged one on Prime Day and haven't had a whole lot of time to play around with it....

If I already have Golden Abyss from PS+ is there much point in grabbing the cart for it?
Only if you feel space in your memory card will be constricted by it. Its a good size game.

I prefer carts, because I knew I wasn’t going to renew plus again unless I find them for $20 or less. Moving fwd I can see them adding more meh games to plus as now the PS4 has had a few years out and is needed for most online gaming so it’s not a premium service anymore, but a standard one nowadays. I did get a good amount of games for cheap on plus to own like killzone and batman blackgate and a few others for my vita, but they are big, I have 2 8GB cards and 1 4GB card and they are all in a mess, because I have yet to organize the digital inside. Will prob put classics on one and the the other 2 big ones for digital vita games I have I guess. Would like a bigger cart 32Gb or higher, but I won’t pay that much for that little memory. If you can find a kmart that still has one you might get a cheap memory card, I bought one of my 8gb monthssss ago there for $3.

I don't like carts because they are so tiny, I am afraid I am going to lose them. Plus with digital I can have the game loaded on my PSTV and Vita and I'm just quick cloud save sync away from being able to switch systems. That and the only PSP system I owned was a GO, so I was already in the habit of digital only for Sony portable systems. Probably the only physical carts I'll end up buying are LE's like Zero Escape 3 or if the physical cart is insanely cheaper than the digital version.

Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited is listed as $27.99 on frys.com Store Pick-up only.

Tearaway is listed for $9.99 Store pick-up only.

I was able to order Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited for store pick up. Tearaway was unavailable.

If you have a local Fry's Electronics this is a great deal.
My local Fry's (Tempe AZ for anyone in the Phoenix area) did not have Disgaea, but did have Tearaway. I'll be picking mine up ASAP. Thanks for telling us about this deal.

Anyone have a good suggestion on how to organize your games in your Vita? I thought about creating folders/bubbles/whateverthey'recalled for PSP, PS1 Classics, etc. But even then you can only put a few games in that sub-folder.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably do Child of Light while I finish up those others and once everything is done I'll jump into one of the heavyweights (Persona 4 or Tales of Hearts R).
ToHR...you know you want to.

My local Fry's (Tempe AZ for anyone in the Phoenix area) did not have Disgaea, but did have Tearaway. I'll be picking mine up ASAP. Thanks for telling us about this deal.
Finally, someone in AZ! :grouphug:

[quote name="WingsDJY" post="12853642" timestamp="1438973055"]Anyone have a good suggestion on how to organize your games in your Vita? I thought about creating folders/bubbles/whateverthey'recalled for PSP, PS1 Classics, etc. But even then you can only put a few games in that sub-folder.[/quote]
Seems like you might have to buy more games to classify them that way lol.

I stick with a simplistic Physical 1+2, Digital (Purchased), and Digital(PS+) bubbles. I keep the current bubbles of the game actively playing/trying to beat outside of the folders for easy access. Fyi, wallpapers matter so make sure you think about your bubble layout or else it will look like a mess and be uninviting.

Anyone have a good suggestion on how to organize your games in your Vita? I thought about creating folders/bubbles/whateverthey'recalled for PSP, PS1 Classics, etc. But even then you can only put a few games in that sub-folder.
How many games do you have downloaded? Since I only have a 8gb memory card, I just separate the ones I want to play/currently playing on the first screen, PSP/PS1 in the second, and the third is PSM/Settings/Video/Friends/etc

Seems like you might have to buy more games to classify them that way lol. I stick with a simplistic Physical 1+2, Digital (Purchased), and Digital(PS+) bubbles. I keep the current bubbles of the game actively playing/trying to beat outside of the folders for easy access. Fyi, wallpapers matter so make sure you think about your bubble layout or else it will look like a mess and be uninviting.
Pretty much what I do...but with additional folders for psp games, classics, mobile games, apps, etc. If you run out of room in a subfolder, make subfolder (2). Really, just go with whatever looks good to you and makes things easy enough to find.

As a rookie to Vita, are there any MUST plays?

I'd try flipping thru this thread, but still stuck @ work on mobile.

I know I want MGS HD since I traded my PS3 in for a PS4. I have Golden Abyss from PS+, and whatever other games were free w/ plus from the last year or so. Oh, and BL2 that came with my Vita.

I know I want MGS HD since I traded my PS3 in for a PS4. I have Golden Abyss from PS+, and whatever other games were free w/ plus from the last year or so. Oh, and BL2 that came with my Vita.
Gravity Rush.

If you enjoy JRPGs, Persona 4 Golden is the best Vita game ever.

Everything I would consider to be a must-play:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havor

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Dragon's Crown

Gravity Rush

Lumines: Electric Symphony

Muramasa Rebirth

Ninja Gaiden Sigma+

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Persona 4 Golden

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Tearaway

Wipeout 2048

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

There's a great library of PSP games as well.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havor
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Dragon's Crown
Gravity Rush
Lumines: Electric Symphony
Muramasa Rebirth
Ninja Gaiden Sigma+
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Tearaway
Wipeout 2048
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

There's a great library of PSP games as well.
Agree 100% on Soul Sacrifice Delta and Lumines, two overlooked games in my opinion.

Just got these games from Craigslist for $30

PErsona 4 Golden

Assassins Creed 3 Liberation

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Final Fantasy X 

Dynasty Warriors 8

Walking Dead Season 2 

PErsona 4 Golden

Final Fantasy X

Dynasty Warriors 8

Walking Dead Season 2
Yeah, sweet deal. Did these have the cases as well? Even if they didn't, $30 is a steal.

Where's Hyperdimension Neptunia?

ae2.gif

PErsona 4 Golden

Final Fantasy X

Dynasty Warriors 8

Walking Dead Season 2
He just has to go over to the stranger's apartment tonight and pick them up in person and...wait for it...he's dead. Memorial service is Sunday. Oh lakers714, we hardly knew ye.

did he have a drug problem too?
Lmao I doubt it didn't look like it in person

That was a killer price, but that doesn't mean it was in killer condition. It may have been scratched up and beat to shit. Then $120 won't look so good price wise. But he may have a drug problem as well. LOL
I doubt it looked like he took care of his stuff. I mostly wanted it for the memory card as I already have and using a white vita lol

bread's done
Back