PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice score!!

And I was all excited about getting Little deviants, smart as, and MMA for $5 a piece tonight. womp womp :lol:

I know they are crappy games, but whatever. They are good enough for my needs.

Where's Hyperdimension Neptunia?

ae2.gif
Yes. Praise based Plutia.

Wow saves tied to installs tied to horrible memory limits....wow Sony really knocked it out of the park on the Vita.
It's all related to security I think. Just look at the psp hacks and exploits (even on the Vita)... so much of it had to do with people messing with save files on their PC via standard memory cards. Using proprietary cards and linking saves to bubbles and forcing all pc/vita communication to be fully encrypted through the CMA really locks the device down.

Yes, the end result does suck in many ways... more expensive memory, etc. But after the PSP they wanted something secure, and this is how you do secure. If their hadn't been such rampant piracy on the PSP I doubt they would have went to such lengths, but since there was, I'm sure the engineers had an ultimatum to secure it, and this was the result.

Finally, someone in AZ! :grouphug:
I know I'm quiet, but I'm in Chandler.

I think there actually a few of us here. I'll be going to the gaming expo in Mesa at the end of the month just to see what that is all about.

on topic of vita games, only three years behind, I finally beat (and got the platinum) Virtue's last Reward. Very glad I blindly preordered the third one with bonus. Btw, Zero Escape 3 is up on Best Buy for preorder now. No watch of course, but if you have GCU and don't care....

It's all related to security I think. Just look at the psp hacks and exploits (even on the Vita)... so much of it had to do with people messing with save files on their PC via standard memory cards. Using proprietary cards and linking saves to bubbles and forcing all pc/vita communication to be fully encrypted through the CMA really locks the device down.

Yes, the end result does suck in many ways... more expensive memory, etc. But after the PSP they wanted something secure, and this is how you do secure. If their hadn't been such rampant piracy on the PSP I doubt they would have went to such lengths, but since there was, I'm sure the engineers had an ultimatum to secure it, and this was the result.
Yeah, so many of the terrible, awful, consumer unfriendly design issues with the Vita are a direct result of how bad Sony took it in the bum with the PSP.

Besides the paltry launch line-up, the high memory prices helped consumers to completely blow off the Vita.

I understand the design decisions (and don't agree with the approach at all), but I believe there had to be other ways to get around the initial piracy problem. Also, I believe the first exploits PSP were caused by a game glitch in GTA and Gripshift and the battery pack. The 3DS used microsd cards, but piracy didn't seem affect its sales (it did start slow though), so there are other solutions.

With video game systems, it is almost always how one starts, not how one finishes. The 3DS is the exception and not the rule. The Vita just never could get the general population interested again, and the system is on life support. Only niche companies have found a haven to make money on it. I don't think we will see another first party or big budget release on the system again.

It is a powerful device and probably Sony's last portable. It's too bad because the fleshed out library is pretty good.

Such a shame. I loved the PSP, it was a great little system (when you get past the battery) and never pirated games for it. I love the Vita too, but I don't think it loves me back. On a related note, the Vita transfer tool doesn't install right on my PC. Because of course it doesn't.

Besides the paltry launch line-up, the high memory prices helped consumers to completely blow off the Vita.

I understand the design decisions (and don't agree with the approach at all), but I believe there had to be other ways to get around the initial piracy problem. Also, I believe the first exploits PSP were caused by a game glitch in GTA and Gripshift and the battery pack. The 3DS used microsd cards, but piracy didn't seem affect its sales (it did start slow though), so there are other solutions.
Paltry launch line up? I'm pretty sure many people have it in the running for 'best launch line up of all time' [or at least, close to it]... Uncharted, Wipeout, Lumines, Rayman Origins, Hot Shots Golf... something like 25 games in total on day 1. People definitely ignored it though. I think Nintendo timed their price reduction on the 3ds perfectly, and Sony couldn't compete at that price.

As for the psp, I wasn't talking about the 'first' exploit, necessarily, but rather, the complete avalanche of various save related exploits. You're right, the 3ds doesn't suffer the same way the PSP did, but that doesn't mean Sony was wrong to be worried.

The vita failed for such a mishmash of reasons i think it's hard to nail it down... sure, if they had used standard cards those would have been cheaper, but on the other hand, Sony subsidized the price of the vita with the mem cards so if they went SD, the vita would have cost more and so sales might still have been tepid.

Personally, I think their biggest failure was marketing. If vita had taken off, the mem card price would just be a footnote. People buy expensive accessories all the time... but since the 'vita has no gaems' thing happened, and stores had god awful displays that made it look true [compared to walls of 3ds games], joe/jane gamer had no reason to think it was a worthwhile investment. Nintendo's well timed price drop didn't help either, but that's all related.

i got my vita on black friday a couple years ago, and -only- because it was on sale at amazon and I had Uncharted, Wipeout, and FF Tactics [plus more] in my IGC from PS+ that made it practically feel 'free'. Otherwise I still probably wouldn't have one... which is a shame, since it's my favorite gaming device of all time now.

Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited is listed as $27.99 on frys.com Store Pick-up only.

Tearaway is listed for $9.99 Store pick-up only.

I was able to order Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited for store pick up. Tearaway was unavailable.

If you have a local Fry's Electronics this is a great deal.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/disgaea-4-a-promise-revisited/cid=UP1063-PCSE00360_00-DISGAEA4R0000000

Disgaea games are on sale for PSN's sale. I bought Disgaea 1 Afternoon of Darkness for $6 (with PS+) and Disgaea 4 for $16 (w/ PS+). You can pick up D2 and D3 for $6 and $16 respectively.

Great deals

Danganronpa 1&2 are also $20 each ($16 with PS+), but I have been holding off on those. I feel like I won't have the time to play them, and they just look too odd to me when I look at reviews or images

This is CAG what do you expect ain't no one paying retail
Never put up a price, nor do I expect CAGs to pay retail on it.

It's not rare nor is it worth much anyway. Still in print and available directly from Amazon for $29.99.
Already knew that and had that in mind.

Masterkyo gave a reasonable offer.
We can agree to disagree on that point.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind for the short-term.

I think that detcgb mistakenly quoted the price of the Ps3 version of Disgaea 4. The Vita version of Disgaea 4 seems to be $40+ used.
I was talking about the Vita version, but it seems that it has gone OOS in the past couple of weeks. I'm sure that it will eventually go back into print just like the Vita version of Disgaea 3, so I wouldn't value it above the MSRP of a standard Vita game.

Now that I have a second to sit at my pc, I wanted to thank everyone for their responses yesterday. It's very much appreciated :)

Dont. I tried doing this and wanted to play a game or so. Tried the wolf among us and the lag is unbearable. Got rid of other 2 games with the same problem but if I were you, I'd stick to playing games from ps+.
Are you saying that some carts actually lag their own games?

Only if you feel space in your memory card will be constricted by it. Its a good size game.

I prefer carts, because I knew I wasn’t going to renew plus again unless I find them for $20 or less. Moving fwd I can see them adding more meh games to plus as now the PS4 has had a few years out and is needed for most online gaming so it’s not a premium service anymore, but a standard one nowadays. I did get a good amount of games for cheap on plus to own like killzone and batman blackgate and a few others for my vita, but they are big, I have 2 8GB cards and 1 4GB card and they are all in a mess, because I have yet to organize the digital inside. Will prob put classics on one and the the other 2 big ones for digital vita games I have I guess. Would like a bigger cart 32Gb or higher, but I won’t pay that much for that little memory. If you can find a kmart that still has one you might get a cheap memory card, I bought one of my 8gb monthssss ago there for $3.
Traded in the 8gb card that came with my vita bundle during the GS 50% coupon promo for the one 16gb used one in the area. Don't know that I need a LOT of space for as little as I may get to use it, but not being able to hold Uncharted and BL2 with the DLC was irking me. Got to be able to carry at least a few games.... lol

The prices for memory are definitely nuts, probably the main reason I waited so long to get a Vita in the first place. Pretty sure my KMarts are all cleared out of gaming stuff, but will double check next time I'm near.

I don't like carts because they are so tiny, I am afraid I am going to lose them. Plus with digital I can have the game loaded on my PSTV and Vita and I'm just quick cloud save sync away from being able to switch systems. That and the only PSP system I owned was a GO, so I was already in the habit of digital only for Sony portable systems. Probably the only physical carts I'll end up buying are LE's like Zero Escape 3 or if the physical cart is insanely cheaper than the digital version.
Yea, god forbid my cats get a hold of one!

Gravity Rush.
Think I have this from PS+, I'll definitely give it a shot.

If you enjoy JRPGs, Persona 4 Golden is the best Vita game ever.
So many abbreviations, and crossovers in categories, I'm not even sure what a JRPG is anymore. Or if I've ever played one. Definitely seen that title come up before tho, so if I can come across one cheap enough, it's on my list.

Everything I would consider to be a must-play:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havor

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Dragon's Crown

Gravity Rush

Lumines: Electric Symphony

Muramasa Rebirth

Ninja Gaiden Sigma+

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Persona 4 Golden

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Tearaway

Toukiden: Kiwami

Wipeout 2048

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

There's a great library of PSP games as well.
Nice list, thank you. I recognize most of those titles, but a few I have no idea lol. Guess I have some game play videos to watch.

Agree 100% on Soul Sacrifice Delta and Lumines, two overlooked games in my opinion.

As a rookie to Vita, are there any MUST plays?
'must' will depend on your genres of preference, etc, but here's my 'best of'.... I'm leaving out a lot of games I think are 'worth playing' and focusing on ones I think are truly great. I'm also including a couple I don't personally like but know others love (P4G)

Arcade / Action:

TxK, Super Stardust Delta, Binding of Isaac, Sine Mora, Flame Over, Hotline Miami, Velocity, Velocity 2x, Crimsonland, pix the cat, aqua kitty, resogun

Casual/etc:

Lumines, Plants Vs Zombies, Pixeljunk Monsters, Surge Deluxe,

Pinball:

Pinball Arcade, Zen Pinball

Platforming

Rayman Origins,Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack, LBP Vita

'AAA':

Uncharted GA, Killzone Mercs, Gravity Rush, [secret shout out to Unit 13], tearaway

Racing:

Need for Speed Most Wanted, Wipeout 2048, [hear good things about Sonic & all stars but haven't played yet]

Jrgps:

there are a lot to choose from here, but tastes vary wildly.

Drgps:

Operation Abyss, Demon Gaze

Sprgs -

Natural Doctrine (many hate this game, others, including me, think it's one of the best srpgs ever made)

Remasters:

MGS, GOW, Sly

Tactical:

Frozen Synapse Prime

VNs:

zero escape VLR

Hunting Games

Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice Delta

Metroidvania:

Guacamelee!

Musou:

i've had fun with all I've tried -- DW Next, Warriors Orochi 3, etc

Sports:

don't really play them, but have heard good things about Virtual Tennis, fifa, and others...

Games I don't like but I know others love:

P4G, Muramasa Rebirth, Dragon's Crown, Atelier franchise, minecraft, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy

-leaving a lot of stuff off this list out that i sort of want to include, but...

Racing:

Need for Speed Most Wanted, Wipeout 2048, [hear good things about Sonic & all stars but haven't played yet]
I'll throw in a second for Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed as someone who's played it. One of the few kart series that can hold its own against Mario Kart (and maybe beat it in some areas)...and the vita port is solid.

I've never seen anyone recommend Natural Doctrine. I enjoyed it myself for a while but the difficulty ramps up significantly just a couple of hours into the game.

I'll throw in a second for Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed as someone who's played it. One of the few kart series that can hold its own against Mario Kart (and maybe beat it in some areas)...and the vita port is solid.
For me personally, Sonic Transformed is probably my second favorite Kart racer behind Diddy Kong on the N64. Mario Kart is just the same old game, gen after gen. MK DS was actually one of the better ones, due to the single player challenges, but as usual, "N" takes a good idea, and throws it in a closet somewhere, to be replaced by the same old boring generic gaming options.

Transformed isn't perfect, but I played it 2 weeks straight when I first got it, and I din't scratch the surface of everything it had to offer. This for me, was the polar opposite of what MK offers. Great game.

I like a variety of videogames and adore ff tactics but for some reason I can't get into Disgaea. I have D3 and it remains one of my least played games on vita. I come back to games in the series time and time again really enjoying the puzzle parts of battle but disliking the character development system. I'm not going out of my way to get D4 lol
D3 is garbage. Its what made me stop playing the Disgaea series. I just got the early ending for losing to the pink haired chick and called it done =P The characters just had no charm or character to them

Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited is listed as $27.99 on frys.com Store Pick-up only.

Tearaway is listed for $9.99 Store pick-up only.

I was able to order Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited for store pick up. Tearaway was unavailable.

If you have a local Fry's Electronics this is a great deal.
Damnit of course. None at the only one near me =P Well I have a copy but would like to get a 2nd to keep sealed at some point

Anyone have a good suggestion on how to organize your games in your Vita? I thought about creating folders/bubbles/whateverthey'recalled for PSP, PS1 Classics, etc. But even then you can only put a few games in that sub-folder.
several people posted what they do and thats kinda what i do too. However i have trouble keeping the carts in order. I have a seperate cartridge for just PS1 classics, a seperate cart for PS+ games, ect. And theres no easy way to keep track of which is which. I really hate the vitas crappy memory card limits. I use two main 32gb cards and several 16gbs. Its quite annoying

Wow Someone is salty for getting the bad ending to a game! lol
I could be wrong in this king what happened with the OP's play through, but I agree that getting that ending sucks. The thindlg with Disgaea games is that the bad ending the OP mentioned is not at the end of the game but in the middle somewhere. At least that's what happened to me in D4, I died somewhere around end of the first chapter and it took me to the game scren. I was like WTF just happened.

I could be wrong in this king what happened with the OP's play through, but I agree that getting that ending sucks. The thindlg with Disgaea games is that the bad ending the OP mentioned is not at the end of the game but in the middle somewhere. At least that's what happened to me in D4, I died somewhere around end of the first chapter and it took me to the game scren. I was like WTF just happened.
Disgaea games have lots of endings. I'm pretty sure D1 had an ending for losing to Mid-Boss, and other endings for winning some fights wrong. All before the end game.

Disgaea games have lots of endings. I'm pretty sure D1 had an ending for losing to Mid-Boss, and other endings for winning some fights wrong. All before the end game.
I'm still in chapter 2 of D4. Wonder when my game will end based on how I play.

D3 is garbage. Its what made me stop playing the Disgaea series. I just got the early ending for losing to the pink haired chick and called it done =P The characters just had no charm or character to them

Damnit of course. None at the only one near me =P Well I have a copy but would like to get a 2nd to keep sealed at some point

several people posted what they do and thats kinda what i do too. However i have trouble keeping the carts in order. I have a seperate cartridge for just PS1 classics, a seperate cart for PS+ games, ect. And theres no easy way to keep track of which is which. I really hate the vitas crappy memory card limits. I use two main 32gb cards and several 16gbs. Its quite annoying
i went into the item world on 3 and screwed the game up so badly i never finished.. Got 4 still sealed, Some how i have 4 copies of 3 WTF have no clue how i got them. So tempted to buy a 64 GB vita card but just cant see tossing that kind of cash on something that will be dropped i say by next year

Pretty sure there were game over possibilities for about four or five chapters in the original.

Speaking of Disgaea, does anyone have experience with Infinite? I haven't played anything since the original, which I enjoyed more for the characters than the gameplay. Thinking of grabbing Infinite while it's on sale.

Pretty sure there were game over possibilities for about four or five chapters in the original.

Speaking of Disgaea, does anyone have experience with Infinite? I haven't played anything since the original, which I enjoyed more for the characters than the gameplay. Thinking of grabbing Infinite while it's on sale.
From what I read infinite is a vn crime solving type of thing like phoenix wright.

bread's done
Back