PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Found an area in my Target where they put the rest of the clearance games. This is separate from the main Vita area where they still have some clearance games available like NG2 for $10 and MLB 15 for $10.

Grabbed the last copy of Dungeon Hunter Alliance for $15. They also had 2x Rayman Legends for $15 (already have for WiiU), Super Monkey Ball for $10, SxT for $20, a few copies of Lumines for $15, and 4x PSP double packs for $7.50.

Several of the Target stores I've been to now have had the bulk of the remaining Vita games stashed in their Electronics clearance/markdown section separate from the discount games section (i.e. the section where they have random camera, tablet, pc accessories being clearanced out).   But every store seems to have MLB 15 and Walking Dead still in the locked game cases.  So definitely be sure to ask/check around.

Isn't Minecraft just a voucher in a box? No game cart?
Yeah it's just a voucher and it's pretty much always $19.99 though, so if it's on sale at Target it's worth getting, but that is one of the few Vita games that isn't on clearance at the Targets around me.

I went in my local Target the other day to scope out the Vita section and grabbed a copy of Ridge Racer for $14, but everything else they had was either too pricey for my taste or something I already had. Terraway was on clearance for 19.99, but I have seen it for that price and passed numerous times before, $10 is the magic price for me on that one.

Anyone know how Target is on post-purchase price adjustments?  If they drop to 70% off now, can I go in with my receipts from last week and get an adjustment?

That is correct. The voucher is cross buy with a PS3. And you can upgrade to the PS4 version for $5.
I usually hate it when games are released as a physical box with a voucher inside, but I was actually happy in this case because of the cross buy.

Yeah, most of these games that were sitting at $15-20 still weren't worth it at those prices. 70% off is an entirely different matter, however.

If you go to post price adjustment clearance at target they'll claim you have to wait for it to go back on the floor and won't let you rebuy instantly. Most of the time. Depends on the customer service representative.

If you go to post price adjustment clearance at target they'll claim you have to wait for it to go back on the floor and won't let you rebuy instantly. Most of the time. Depends on the customer service representative.
This is the same experience I have had. 70% sounds great, to bad my store has them at 30% so I'm still waiting for the 50% prices everyone else is getting.

If anyone finds an extra Assassin's Creed and/or Metal Gear HD Collection for the 70% off, I'd be willing to pay cost, shipping and a little extra for your time.

I've been able to amass roughly 70 hard copy vita games within the last 6 months through various outlets BB, gamestop, Target, Amazon, estarland, and especially ebay on average for 10 or less other than DBZ and the few collector editions through NISA.

But it seems everyone has caught on the potential rarity of the vita in the near future and I've seen prices begin to increase , roughly 20-40%.[attachment=17018:2015-09-11%2022.49.49.jpg]

I've been able to amass roughly 70 hard copy vita games within the last 6 months through various outlets BB, gamestop, Target, Amazon, estarland, and especially ebay on average for 10 or less other than DBZ and the few collector editions through NISA.

But it seems everyone has caught on the potential rarity of the vita in the near future and I've seen prices begin to increase , roughly 20-40%.
attachicon.gif
2015-09-11%2022.49.49.jpg
i envy you sir, i really do. i hope to get to that level at some point, so far im probably kicking around about 20-30 titles so far.

looks like the hunt is on!

But it seems everyone has caught on the potential rarity of the vita in the near future and I've seen prices begin to increase , roughly 20-40%. 2015-09-11%2022.49.49.jpg
That's a great collection dude! I've been noticing the same thing in my own quest to build a complete physical English library (at ~110 right now).

A combination of a limited catalog size (which makes completing a set somewhat realistic) and the propensity for niche titles is going to make it a popular one among collectors. I can see the same thing happening with Wii U, so I've recently started working on a set of those as well.

That's a great collection dude! I've been noticing the same thing in my own quest to build a complete physical English library (at ~110 right now).

A combination of a limited catalog size (which makes completing a set somewhat realistic) and the propensity for niche titles is going to make it a popular one among collectors. I can see the same thing happening with Wii U, so I've recently started working on a set of those as well.
Damn nice collection sell me a conception 2 extra lol

Awesome collection. Makes me wish I would have saved most of my games when I was a kid.

But it seems everyone has caught on the potential rarity of the vita in the near future and I've seen prices begin to increase , roughly 20-40%.
attachicon.gif
2015-09-11%2022.49.49.jpg
I didn't see Ys MoC...wat?

You have a lot of doubles. Any reason why?

Thanks guys.

You have a lot of doubles. Any reason why?
Most of my doubles are variants. For the libraries that I am trying to complete (or have completed) I go for complete sets including game variants. For example, my Jaguar set is 100% complete and factory sealed - including all cover art variants (e.g. North American & European for Power Drive Rally, standard/Limited Edition for all the Telegames tites, etc).

Of the stuff shown in that picture specifically, the Lunar 2 (PS1) copies have different disk art variants, the PS1 longbox duplicates are different longbox case style variants (i.e. jewel case vs. cardboard, vs. black plastic), on Raiden Project (PS1) two of them are the rare mispressed disk where the game is actually Kileak, etc. For Vita, specifically however, the couple dupes are CEs that I got good deals on so I picked up a second one to keep sealed (or to trade off down the road). And then there's Gravity Rush which I have two of simply because I forgot to update my game collection mobile app (I use CLZ Games) and accidentally bought a second one one day.

Honestly I think I'm done checking Targets. I went to two more yesterday and all they had were Minecraft. Nothing else in the case, clearance game section, electronic area, nor the toy clearance area. 

Nice collection guys!

I agree on both Vita and Wii U being collectible and hard to find sooner rather than later. Nintendo stuff is always collectible and with the low sales of Wii U and at least some focus on digital there aren't as many Physical tires available. The Vita offers a lot of niche Japanese games which are always popular with collectors. Again, the low sales and a focus on digital once again mean less physical copies available.

I been working on Wii U for a while and have over 100 unique titles for it. I just recently (2-3 months) started tracking down Vita titles and have built it up near 50. Unfortunately I don't have a Target so missed out padding my collection during the most recent clearance.

Lots of the newest Vita releases aren't getting many copies printed. With GameStop gutting new copies, new/sealed copies are really drying up.

My sister lives an hour away and checked her Target for me. They had a lot of Vita games left at 50%. Was able to get one I haven't seen in stores in a while, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate for $10. They also had Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel at $10 ea, but with those you want to stick with the console versions.

I checked Target's website and if a item gets a lower price within seven days, they'll refund the difference if you have the original receipt. Unfortunately this doesn't apply to clearance items (among others). 

My sister lives an hour away and checked her Target for me. They had a lot of Vita games left at 50%. Was able to get one I haven't seen in stores in a while, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate for $10. They also had Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel at $10 ea, but with those you want to stick with the console versions.

That goes for Blackgate as well.

I been working on Wii U for a while and have over 100 unique titles for it. I just recently (2-3 months) started tracking down Vita titles and have built it up near 50. Unfortunately I don't have a Target so missed out padding my collection during the most recent clearance.
That's an impressive Wii U collection - that has to be damned-near complete then right? I lost count of how many physical US games there are as of right now. Last count I had was ~99, but that was back in the spring. I'm only at 32 on the Wii U titles thus far. I managed to snag 8-10 or so on clearance while I was Target-hopping last week looking for Vita games, so that worked out nicely.

That goes for Blackgate as well.
I've read Blackgate is the same game on Vita and console other than graphics quality, unlike games like Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel where gameplay differs like you lose free roam and are forced to isometric view.

That's an impressive Wii U collection - that has to be damned-near complete then right? I lost count of how many physical US games there are as of right now. Last count I had was ~99, but that was back in the spring. I'm only at 32 on the Wii U titles thus far. I managed to snag 8-10 or so on clearance while I was Target-hopping last week looking for Vita games, so that worked out nicely.
Yea, its's less than 20 from being complete. I have all of the first party and most hard to find titles out of the way. Just waiting on a nice price on the rest. It's a fine line trying to wait for somewhere to clearance them or run a sale and get the lowest price before prices start going the other way as they get hard to find.

Interest in Vita Games on ebay is getting crazy. Almost every Vita game is sought after. Very rarely do i win an auction for $15 or less for a good game. 

Whatever brand of modular shelving you got warps under the weight of PS1 games. That's a little scary.

I had to do a double take, cause I wondered why someone posted a picture of my shelf.

I've read Blackgate is the same game on Vita and console other than graphics quality, unlike games like Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel where gameplay differs like you lose free roam and are forced to isometric view.
Unfortunately, it's not. Blackgate is a side-scrolling game.

I happened to be by a Target and picked-up Rayman Legends for $15. Not the best deal, but I've been meaning to play Legends for a while now, and who knows if someone would've swept it up when it hit 70 % off.

Whatever brand of modular shelving you got warps under the weight of PS1 games. That's a little scary.

I had to do a double take, cause I wondered why someone posted a picture of my shelf.
Yeah, that's kind of annoying. The shelves are just the ones that Lowes and Home Depot carry (I have a mix of them from the two stores because when I built my shelving unit I had to buyout the entire inventory of about 6 different Lowes and Home Depots around me in order to get enough). I'm using the 72" shelves. At some point I might add another column of supports in the middle, right now I'm only using two per shelf.

What brand/size/configuration are you using?

Unless they patched the map improvement, one version was significantly inferior to the other and I believe it was the Vita that was the culprit being released prior to the downloadable console version.

I might have the smallest Vita collection here, only about 10 games. I'm on a limited budget though and I'm basically trying to get the ones I know I want to play. Not really into the niche Japanese RPG's so that eliminates alot of titles.

Wii U is another story, I've been agressively purchasing them ever since I realized it wasn't doing so well and when Pikmin 3 started to dissapear. I have 30 something games but mostly 1st party so far. I feel like I want to knock out every staple game because the price will either never really go down or rise. Even Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, a game that was panned by critics, is hard to get for less than 40 or so and its been out for months. Since Nintendo first party games almost never go on sale I always get them when I have a coupon or during GS B2G1.

Nintendo games never drop in price because Nintendo of America control the price by printing few copies. This is one of the reasons I don't own a Wii U. It goes against my cheapness. 

Unfortunately, it's not. Blackgate is a side-scrolling game.
Origins != Origins Blackgate. We're talking about the handheld game that was later ported to consoles as Deluxe Edition.

Unless they patched the map improvement, one version was significantly inferior to the other and I believe it was the Vita that was the culprit being released prior to the downloadable console version.
I can't find anything on this. I've read people platinumed the game on Vita so it shouldn't be too glitched.

Nintendo games never drop in price because Nintendo of America control the price by printing few copies. This is one of the reasons I don't own a Wii U. It goes against my cheapness.
There's a slew of $40 3DS games, like Smash Bros. and Luigi's Mansion, on sale from $21-27 at Target until tomorrow. Best Buy also has buy one get one free/Half off every once in a while.

bread's done
Back