PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo games never drop in price because Nintendo of America control the price by printing few copies. This is one of the reasons I don't own a Wii U. It goes against my cheapness.
I don't mind paying a little more when I know it will hold their value. Especially when you can still get good deals on them.

What I hate is buying a new game and a month later it's $15 or less. Wii U and some newer Vita games aren't dropping, but they are also retaining their value on the second hand market.

Origins != Origins Blackgate. We're talking about the handheld game that was later ported to consoles as Deluxe Edition.

I can't find anything on this. I've read people platinumed the game on Vita so it shouldn't be too glitched.
Just google blackgate origins map sucks. They addressed it in the console port. It wasn't a glitch, just a really shitty implementation of the map.

First off, if anyone out there is looking for some specific vita games, i have a store near me that has 2 shelves of vita games for sale... but at MSRP. I can look for some games the next time I'm there if anyone has a couple they need to look out for.

Damn nice collection sell me a conception 2 extra lol
I have a complete C2 if you want to pm me an offer. It's got the outer box, etc. I don't collect and have platinumed it, so it's just sitting there waiting for me to get around to selling it.

Origins != Origins Blackgate. We're talking about the handheld game that was later ported to consoles as Deluxe Edition.

I can't find anything on this. I've read people platinumed the game on Vita so it shouldn't be too glitched.
I own it on vita, but haven't played it yet. I believe the issue is the map is annoying and there is a lot of backtracking at times. The 'deluxe' console edition improved the map some. it's still very playable on vita.

Awesome collection. Makes me wish I would have saved most of my games when I was a kid.
I sold my childhood collection last year. My father had thrown out a lot of the boxes (argh!), i'd thrown out others when i was a kid (argh!), but I still had a lot of stuff (Ultima, Wasteland, Bard's Tale, etc) some of which fetched $400+ for a single game. I was shocked (and happy). I still don't have the collecting bug; I sold my rare vinyl about 10 years ago and haven't looked back... my desire to not have clutter outweighs my desire to have collections... so I've embraced digital (which is why I have 400 or so digital games for my vita).

Just google blackgate origins map sucks. They addressed it in the console port. It wasn't a glitch, just a really shitty implementation of the map.
Ah, I see those comments now. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll still give it a try on Vita for $10. It's been cheaper on psn sale ($5 I think was the lowest) but I go physical over digital whenever possible.

As far as Vita vs console version, if I'm on a console then I'll spend time playing a 3D Batman game ^^

Yeah, that's kind of annoying. The shelves are just the ones that Lowes and Home Depot carry (I have a mix of them from the two stores because when I built my shelving unit I had to buyout the entire inventory of about 6 different Lowes and Home Depots around me in order to get enough). I'm using the 72" shelves. At some point I might add another column of supports in the middle, right now I'm only using two per shelf.

What brand/size/configuration are you using?
I use the Elfa's. Like 3x 24" and 2x 30" across, so it's 132" across. That's 6 verticle support columns. It did cost more, despite buying it during their annual 20% off sales, but they're sturdy.

Edit: These were pictures from the collection's thread I posted over a year ago.

YPKbVXw.png

ZN5IsF5.jpg

I use the Elfa's. Like 3x 24" and 2x 30" across, so it's 132" across. That's 6 verticle support columns. It did cost more, despite buying it during their annual 20% off sales, but they're sturdy.

Edit: These were pictures from the collection's thread I posted over a year ago.
YPKbVXw.png

ZN5IsF5.jpg
My god that's a beautiful collection you had. I understand about getting rid of the clutter. They really do take up a lot of space.It's just hard to see pics like this and I think to myself, hey I had this and I had that, but I have no idea where they went. It sucks

YPKbVXw.png

ZN5IsF5.jpg
What. The. fuck ?

post-43417-star-trek-red-shirt-mind-blown-reDv.gif

Nice collection!

YPKbVXw.png

ZN5IsF5.jpg
WTF that is huge you even have a bike in there lol

Nintendo games never drop in price because Nintendo of America control the price by printing few copies. This is one of the reasons I don't own a Wii U. It goes against my cheapness.
I've managed to get almost all of my Wii U games (95% of which are Nintendo published games) for quite cheap. I can only think of a handful that I have paid full price (with GCU of course) for. I get a lot of games from friends or people who are selling the whole console, most people will sell the games for about what Gamestop will buy them for or less, which is never much more than $20.

You're right, our game room setups are nearly identical lol. Nicely done.

I am running the 48" shelves, two wide on each of my game room's long walls (so 96" long there). But each 48" shelf only has two vertical support columns. I'm definitely going to have to add a middle one. 48" is turning out to be just too wide for not having a central support.

You should look at Squarehard's collection.
I almost don't want to look....but I think I will.

I am running the 48" shelves, two wide on each of my game room's long walls (so 96" long there). But each 48" shelf only has two vertical support columns. I'm definitely going to have to add a middle one. 48" is turning out to be just too wide for not having a central support.

Indeed, colectaholic you are.

Wow. That's a ridiculously awesome collection.

My target surprisingly has a lot of clearance vita. Lumines $15 SFxTekken $15 tearaway $20 DOA5+ $10 UMvC $10 monkey ball $10 killzone $10 COD $10 ass creed $15 and I got the last ninja gaiden sigma 2 for $10.

Took much self control in front of my girlfriend to not buy a majority of them. There is a good amount in stock so hopefully they'll drop in price again.

My target surprisingly has a lot of clearance vita. Lumines $15 SFxTekken $15 tearaway $20 DOA5+ $10 UMvC $10 monkey ball $10 killzone $10 COD $10 ass creed $15 and I got the last ninja gaiden sigma 2 for $10.

Took much self control in front of my girlfriend to not buy a majority of them. There is a good amount in stock so hopefully they'll drop in price again.
Wow you're crazy not to have picked up some of those games, congrats on the restraint. No way would I have been able to hold out, especially for a couple games you listed that are getting more rare!

Wow you're crazy not to have picked up some of those games, congrats on the restraint. No way would I have been able to hold out, especially for a couple games you listed that are getting more rare!
Oh I'm going back Monday in hopes of a price drop. I picked up ninja gaiden sigma 2 cause it was the only copy left. There were multiples of the others I listed.

My god that's a beautiful collection you had. I understand about getting rid of the clutter. They really do take up a lot of space.It's just hard to see pics like this and I think to myself, hey I had this and I had that, but I have no idea where they went. It sucks
Who said I got rid of them? It's just outdated. I intended to only use that wall, but that didn't work out by the time I unpacked.

But mine's definitely not the largest collection on CAG. Here's the CAG thread

Edit: That's my dining room wall btw. We don't use it for eating cause of cats. We've tried.

Edit 2: Here's a couple of posts.

Square's

hiyamiyumi's

Wiggyx's

dodgeme's

Vinny's

Krunk's

That seems to be the base price now... was hoping for cheaper!
It was a relatively small print run. I mean, eventually it will go cheaper and get clearanced out of stores, but the problem by that time would actually be trying to find it. If you want it, you may as well jump on it now.

The limited edition for Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God is back down to $26.34 on Amazon.
Thanks. Was hoping Sorcery Saga would drop back to this level. The regular version dropped back to $23 and change as well. I bought the regular version, as I can't justify the extra 3 bucks for baby dinnerware and a bib ... The same type of stuff we just gave away to Goodwill that our youngest child outgrew.

Next time, leave your girlfriend at home! LOL!

I'm proud to say that I found a copy of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection at Target for $14.98 last night. I've never been that big of a fan of the series but I've heard that the game is relatively difficult to find new at retail.

Next time, leave your girlfriend at home! LOL!

I'm proud to say that I found a copy of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection at Target for $14.98 last night. I've never been that big of a fan of the series but I've heard that the game is relatively difficult to find new at retail.
Even if you don't like the series all that much, MGS3 is a must-play in my opinion, if you haven't already.

I managed to find UMvC3 at a Target I've never been to yesterday(grabbed Monkey Ball last week). Once that 70% off hits I'll see what's left at my usual stores.

Finally found a Ninja Gaiden Sigma (the 1st one) today. Wasn't there earlier in the week. It was $14.01 though rather the the $9.98 because as I posted before the games are only 30% off at my store. I picked it up anyway. They had lots of new ones but all more then the prices posted here.

Did Target ever carry Final Fantasy X/X-2? If they did, I'd love to get a copy of it on clearance.

Is Assassin's Creed worth picking up? Haven't played any of the other games, but I could use a good action game on vita (besides Gravity Rush).

DPCIs would be appreciated as well.

Did Target ever carry Final Fantasy X/X-2? If they did, I'd love to get a copy of it on clearance.

Is Assassin's Creed worth picking up? Haven't played any of the other games, but I could use a good action game on vita (besides Gravity Rush).

I've seen my Target carry it when it first came out, but that's it.

Assassin Creed Vita is not perfect but it is worth a play through. If you can find it on clearance I would definitely pick one up. If anything it might be worth more for collectors since the game was sold more as a bundle without a case. So if you can find one with the original case it's worth owning.

I've seen my Target carry it when it first came out, but that's it.

Assassin Creed Vita is not perfect but it is worth a play through. If you can find it on clearance I would definitely pick one up. If anything it might be worth more for collectors since the game was sold more as a bundle without a case. So if you can find one with the original case it's worth owning.
Cool, thanks for the info! I'll try to track both down (would love FF though). Hopefully I can get the DPCIs.

AC Liberation is ok. Not nearly as enjoyable as Gravity Rush. It does a decent job as a portable AC game, especially compared to portable 2D versions you can find on iOS or DS. You get the same 3D freedom of movement as console versions. I wasn't a fan of switching outfits ("personas") in game as I wanted to be an assassin all the time. I got bored and stopped playing a few hours in. It's a decent pickup if you can find it for $10, or $15 if you really love AC series and want a portable version.

If you're looking for a good action game on Vita, Dragon's Crown has been my favorite.

I've been able to amass roughly 70 hard copy vita games within the last 6 months through various outlets BB, gamestop, Target, Amazon, estarland, and especially ebay on average for 10 or less other than DBZ and the few collector editions through NISA.

But it seems everyone has caught on the potential rarity of the vita in the near future and I've seen prices begin to increase , roughly 20-40%. 2015-09-11%2022.49.49.jpg
Some of the price increase May had came from a YouTube by the name metaljesusrocks channel. He has a kinda a big following on YouTube and he said in one of his videos that vita games are becoming rare which sucks IMO. With most consoles you can literally wait it out and it will drop on price by a lot. But for the niche games on the vita you can't do that. Either you buy it new or you only will save a few bucks as preowned if you can even find them in stores. Gamestop takes a long time with dropping prices with this system seems to be with just RPGs tho.

Can't answer your question about FF, but I enjoyed AC back when it released... I'm a big fan of the series though so I'm probably a little biased.

It was a relatively small print run. I mean, eventually it will go cheaper and get clearanced out of stores, but the problem by that time would actually be trying to find it. If you want it, you may as well jump on it now.
It seems with most recent niche Vita games that GameStop will sell out their stock of $19.99. Once it's OOS Amazons prices will go up as they no longer will price match GameStop.

That's been the recent trend on niche Vita games anyway. Unless their was a larger print than any of us expected. If it does end up lower than your right, most people won't be able to find it.

Not sure how many here collect old games (I saw the photos of the collections posted earlier) but I learned back in the SNES era that if you wanted an rpg you pretty much had to just go ahead and buy it. Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, and all that jazz still demand nearly as much now as they did 25 years ago and that's for loose copies.

Don't know that PS Vita games will ever get that much of a cult following but the rpg's wiil inevitably be more scarce than anything else.

Done with Target Clearance for a while. Recent pickups Peace Walker, Ape Escape On The Loose, Street Fighter Vs Tekken, Tearaway, Smart As (As Is) for $3.16, All Star Battle Royale (As Is) for $8.36. I also picked up Splinter Cell Conviction for Wii U ~$6. I'm keeping those. I went through my collection, and I have Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3/Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I paid $20 for them a piece so if you want to make a deal throw me an offer. They're sealed.

EDIT: I asked the CS rep if I could do a return/rebuy so I could get a cheaper price, and she mentioned, if I returned them. They would fo back to the floor and I would have to wait to rebuy them so I have another before I can't return them anymore. I'll give it another shot before then.

Stopped by Target today because brickseek said the clearance prices on two games I've been watching had moved from 50% to 70%, but in store the clearance tags and aisle price checker were the same. I'll keep checking the next few days.

Stopped by Target today because brickseek said the clearance prices on two games I've been watching had moved from 50% to 70%, but in store the clearance tags and aisle price checker were the same. I'll keep checking the next few days.
Same. Just wasted a trip to pick up Street Fighter x Tekken but it still said and rang up as $19.98. I'll check again tomorrow on my way home.

Better get in on that Danganronpa.
I feel like I'm the only person who owns a vita that actually loathes this game. Stereotypical characters aside, the writing was seriously bad. I heard the second one doesn't suffer from the same issues. However, the first one left such a bad taste in my mouth, I'm reluctant to go back for seconds.

I feel like I'm the only person who owns a vita that actually loathes this game. Stereotypical characters aside, the writing was seriously bad. I heard the second one doesn't suffer from the same issues. However, the first one left such a bad taste in my mouth, I'm reluctant to go back for seconds.
I'm not a fan of the series either, and I can confirm that if you didn't enjoy the first one, the second one really isn't any better. Same level of ridiculous writing and weak humor as the first. If you haven't played the Zero Escape games, those actually do a good job at being well written point-and-click adventure/VNs, unlike Danganronpa.

You're not... I managed to finish the first one... I could not bring myself to finish the 2nd one... it was really obvious to spot the killers before the trial... and the big twists aren't big twists at all as there's always a giveaway..

I'm not a fan of the series either, and I can confirm that if you didn't enjoy the first one, the second one really isn't any better. Same level of ridiculous writing and weak humor as the first. If you haven't played the Zero Escape games, those actually do a good job at being well written point-and-click adventure/VNs, unlike Danganronpa.

You're not... I managed to finish the first one... I could not bring myself to finish the 2nd one... it was really obvious to spot the killers before the trial... and the big twists aren't big twists at all as there's always a giveaway..
Thanks guys, I was beginning to think I was either hyper critical or insane. It doesn't help that I'm not the biggest fan of visual novels, although I did enjoy the Zero Escape series.

bread's done
Back