PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Ridge Racer, SFxT and Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate for $25. All these Vita games and no place to put them :D

Man, all of the "clearance" games at my usually great location are still 14.xx.

They also seem to have removed the end cap for clearance and have just put a tiny "clearance" sticker above the usual row of Vita games.

Went back to target for lego marvel. They still had another lego marvel, lego chima, lumines, street fighter x Tekken, cod, tearaway, and walking dead s2. Almost picked up walking dead but it was still $9.

Went back to target for lego marvel. They still had another lego marvel, lego chima, lumines, street fighter x Tekken, cod, tearaway, and walking dead s2. Almost picked up walking dead but it was still $9.
thats the lowest walking dead will go, 70% is max on vid games

barely any target products go to 90% off, man i miss those days

The target close to me (temple, tx)only has
Ninja gaiden sigma (1)
Angry birds star wars (3)
Lego marvel (3)
Lumines (1)
If anyone is looking for one of these which I doubt it I can grab one and we could do a trade or buy a copy

Is that game worth $9? I played the first one but on 360. I wasn't sure how it would play on the vita.
If it's anything like Season 1 then it plays okay. The framerate is tolerable on the Vita, but you'd be better playing it elsewhere. But then again at that price you can't complain.

Do we know if Target will stock any new release Vita games or are they done once these are cleared out? Wal Mart has been clearing them out some locations as well and it makes me wonder how many retailers will have any new releases in a year. I guess it will be down to Best But, GameStop, and Amazon, though I guess it mostly already was...
Blame Sony. They did zero to market this product correctly. Best Buy, Target and Walmart are done wasting shelf space on it. GameStop is pretty close to the same and only keeps the one shelf due to the used games. Honestly no major publisher is even releasing disc games for it stateside, mostly just SCEA and obscure Japanese titles that don't sell well here.

Sony could turn it around by going 100% digital, but that would require them repricing the memory (like in half) and heavily promoting it as the ultimate portable for digital content, which it is. Unfortunately, this is Sony we are talking about. They release tons of decent products only to let them flounder at retailers. Then they bank on the occasional big hits to carry them through. Horrible business model really, but that's another story.

Ninja gaiden sigma (1)
Lego marvel (3)
Lumines (1)
If anyone is looking for one of these which I doubt it I can grab one and we could do a trade or buy a copy
Hey I'm looking for Lego Marvel. Sent you a PM. Thanks

Found a copy of Black Ops Vita at 70%, so it is down to 14.98. Any opinions on this game? Is it worth a spin? They also have Borderlands 2 for 11.98 but I already got that from BB when it was 9.99.

Ninja gaiden sigma (1)
Lego marvel (3)
Lumines (1)
Looking for the Ninja Gaiden sigma for sure if you don't mind.... I think Temple is about 2 hours away from me.

Found a copy of Black Ops Vita at 70%, so it is down to 14.98. Any opinions on this game? Is it worth a spin? They also have Borderlands 2 for 11.98 but I already got that from BB when it was 9.99.
Call of Duty is ok. I bought it at Gamestop when they had it for $10 a long while ago.
It did come with a free copy of the PSP Call of Duty too.

I only played it on Veteran and thought the game was really unbalanced and cheap.
Got pissed off at it and haven't played it again.

Picked up SFxT, Tearaway x3, Super Monkey Ball, Lego Marvel x2, and Lego Chima.

Looking for NGS+, Rayman Legends, or cost plus shipping, materials, etc.

Also noticed a lot of vita accessories now at 50% off and a Sony Silver headset for $30.

I have a copy of Killzone Mercenary that I'll ship out for cost. So like $13 if someone wants it
I'll take it! PM incoming :)

Totally other note: Still looking for a copy of MGS and Dead Or Alive 5+ if anyone else managed to snag extra copies.

Call of Duty is ok. I bought it at Gamestop when they had it for $10 a long while ago.
It did come with a free copy of the PSP Call of Duty too.

I only played it on Veteran and thought the game was really unbalanced and cheap.
Got pissed off at it and haven't played it again.
Thanks, I ended up passing on it as the only other 3 Vita games they had left were MLB 15, Borderlands and Chima. I already picked up Killzone and Borderlands and don't think I really need a 3rd Vita FPS in my backlog, especially if it isn't that great.

Found a copy of Minecraft for $6 (vs the $10 that I paid), so I did the buy/return thing. Copy of Lumines for $9. I think that does it for me.

Have an extra copy of the following new and sealed from Target clearance. Pm if interested.

Borderlands 2 - $11.98 + $1 packaging + exact shipping
Assassins Creed Liberation - $8.98 + $1 packaging + exact shipping
Street Fighter vs Tekken - $11.98 +$1 packaging + exact shipping

all sold

Is that game worth $9? I played the first one but on 360. I wasn't sure how it would play on the vita.
It actually uses your save from the first season (and the in between DLC) and picks up based on your decisions in the first game, so you're probably better off continuing on with the 360 version if you don't want to basically start out with the generic default "I didn't play season 1" choices.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

This can't be a real title for a game, right? right?
It is. Dengeki Bunko is a Japanese magazine. If you know anything about anime, they're the ones that publishes Sword Art Online, DRRR!, Shakugan no Shana, Oreimo, Accel World, Tora Dora, Strike the Blood, Ro-Kyu-Bu, Black Bullet, Spice and Wolf, Golden Time, etc. Thus, characters from all the above shows are in the game.

Vita games in PSN flash sale (thanks to Frisky for links):

Doodle God & Doodle Devil - $2.50 - 75% Off

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - $7.50 - 75% Off

Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth3: V Generation - $16.00 - 60% Off

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed - $12.00 - 70% Off

Medieval Defenders - $2.40 - 60% Off

One Piece Unlimited World Red - $9.00 - 70% Off

One Piece Unlimited World Red Prestige Edition - $15.00 - 70% Off

Rayman Origins - $6.75 - 75% Off

SpongeBob HeroPants - $11.70 - 61% Off

SunFlowers - $1.00 - 75% Off

Nice price on Neptunia U at $12, $4 cheaper than the last digital sale and $8 less than GameFly's current sale which sold out fast.

It is. Dengeki Bunko is a Japanese magazine. If you know anything about anime, they're the ones that publishes Sword Art Online, DRRR!, Shakugan no Shana, Oreimo, Accel World, Tora Dora, Strike the Blood, Ro-Kyu-Bu, Black Bullet, Spice and Wolf, Golden Time, etc. Thus, characters from all the above shows are in the game.
So it's like the J-Stars game that came out on PS3?

So it's like the J-Stars game that came out on PS3?
While they both have anime rosters, J-Stars is a 3D fighter and Dengeki is 2D. The combat in J-Stars is supposedly meh, as in it looks cool but not very deep. Its real draw is seeing classic shounen characters from different series duke it out like Naruto vs Goku. JS has a large cast and looks like it would be fun for casual fighting fans.

I'm just reading up on Dengeki now. Its cast is kinda small, but I love the characters they chose (Palmtop Tiger ftw!). The combat is reportedly very beginner friendly. It doesn't look as pretty as JS, but from a fighting game perspective it is probably the better of the two.

I want to get both eventually. That BB deal on Dengeki for Vita is tempting. Dengeki is also coming to PS3 (with some better graphical effects like Shana's hair) and J-Stars is already available on PS4, PS3, and Vita.

Thank you to the CAG who posted about brick seek and dpci codes. I was able to find the last copy of ninja gaiden sigma plus in all of central PA!

Also, is neptunia U worth it for $12? Seems like a mindless button masher, but sometimes those are nice.

Weird, I just opened a sealed copy of lumines from target and it had no game in it. Ugh hopefully they have another copy I can exchange it for.

Weird, I just opened a sealed copy of lumines from target and it had no game in it. Ugh hopefully they have another copy I can exchange it for.
That's sucks, but you made me check my copy. For those that don't want to open the case/wrapping, just shake the case a little and you can hear the card rattle inside (if there is one).

Was looking for cheap vita games on ebay and I noticed a seller who recently listed a ton of vita games from the Target Clearance from Tennessee, good luck to any CAGS in there 

Found a Killzone Mercenary at the Salvation Army! Yay!

...except someone had already pilfered the cartridge, leaving me with an empty case. Boo!

(Whatever. I needed the case anyway.)

I just bought a copy of One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Japan Import) for $30. I think I got a pretty good deal after seeing for how much it's still selling for. I just hope it's as good as Pirate Warriors 2.

Was looking for cheap vita games on ebay and I noticed a seller who recently listed a ton of vita games from the Target Clearance from Tennessee, good luck to any CAGS in there
In the short term these sales should help lower the prices on Vita games in the second hand market. In the long run though it will probably raise them as there are less stores selling Vita games for future releases and no stock left for older games.

Street Fighter X Tekken was gone from the one Target I was monitoring. I went to the other one in my area that had 2 copies and is down to 1 but couldn't find it anywhere. My guess is that someone hid it somewhere in the store.

bread's done
Back