PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Street Fighter X Tekken was gone from the one Target I was monitoring. I went to the other one in my area that had 2 copies and is down to 1 but couldn't find it anywhere. My guess is that someone hid it somewhere in the store.
I've got a spare if you'd like it for cost plus shipping.

Still looking for both Gaidens if anyone manages to snag extras. Thanks.

Only thing left at mine is a single copy of Blops and a couple Chimas. Someone cleared out the 8 Dungeon Hunters and 1 SFxT at the store in the past day.

I've got the following if anyone wants to trade, looking for both Ninja Gaidens, Batman Blackgate, and MGS:

3x Lego Chima

4x Super Monkey Ball

Minecraft

MLB 15

Lego Batman 2

Ridge Racer

Rayman

Was it y-fold sealed, or not? If it wasn't, it could have been a fraudulent return (reshrunk game with cart removed).
It looked normal from what I could tell. It had the folds on top like every other vita case I've opened. Had to use a knife to get the wrap off. What really sucks is the target I bought it from is 40min away. I know I can return things at any target but I hope my local stores don't think I'm trying to be shady returning an empty case. I saved the wrap with the clearance tag just in case.

Target in Honolulu by nex has some vita games.

4 borderlands
7 tearaway
5 batman lego 2
1 mlb 15
2 wolf among us
7 street x tekken
8 freedom wars
2 rayman legends

2 killzone but no discount

Forgot I ordered these replacement cases for my Loose Vita Games lol paid around $11 for them(27)
kOIh8mc.jpg

4 borderlands
7 tearaway
5 batman lego 2
1 mlb 15
2 wolf among us
7 street x tekken
8 freedom wars
2 rayman legends

Did you check the price on Killzone? I picked one up from a Super Target last night; the game was in a lockbox without a clearance sticker, but it rang up at $9.

Conceptually in that they're a bunch of anime/manga characters from the same publisher assembled into a fighting game. Better?
Damn... thanks for the heads up though. Didn't know about shaking them. Made me check every game I got from there lol.

4 borderlands
7 tearaway
5 batman lego 2
1 mlb 15
2 wolf among us
7 street x tekken
8 freedom wars
2 rayman legends

Awesome I'll drive right over! .....jk. But if I still lived on the big island I'd totally have made the trip.

Ugh still looking for a Dead Or Alive 5+ vita copy. If anyone happens to see a copy at their store it should be $5.98 or something I'll pay ya cost + shipping :)

image2.jpg
image1.jpg

That 500GB HDD is clutch! Especially for ~$15. If anyone is interested in the Destiny Limited Edition "As Is" for price + shipping ($34.26 before tax). I received the Limited Guardian edition for PS4 from Sony last year so I have no use for it. If you're interested, send me a PM. They also allowed me to do a return/rebuy on the previous games as well. Sweet deal from Target. Will definitely be on the lookout for other hard drives!

Last night I was doing some standard shopping at another Target in my area and decided to check for Vita games, thinking everything is probably gone by now like it was at some of the other locations I visited. Surprisingly though there were plenty of Vita games still left and at 70% off even. Guess this location just went under the radar by most people. Managed to find some good stuff.

The copy of Tearaway I picked up for $12 looks pretty sketchy though. Didn't notice until I had already brought it home, but looking at it now and comparing it to the other sealed Vita games I have, it looks like a very obvious re-seal job with crinkled edges everywhere instead of the clean folds the official seals have.

Only question is, by who? If it was the store I could live with it.. but I'm worried some shady wanker put a copy of some throw away title back into the case, resealed it and got their money back. Don't want to open it to check either, because if I'm right, no refund for me and I'm stuck with it...

Last night I was doing some standard shopping at another Target in my area and decided to check for Vita games, thinking everything is probably gone by now like it was at some of the other locations I visited. Surprisingly though there were plenty of Vita games still left and at 70% off even. Guess this location just went under the radar by most people. Managed to find some good stuff.

The copy of Tearaway I picked up for $12 looks pretty sketchy though. Didn't notice until I had already brought it home, but looking at it now and comparing it to the other sealed Vita games I have, it looks like a very obvious re-seal job with crinkled edges everywhere instead of the clean folds the official seals have.

Only question is, by who? If it was the store I could live with it.. but I'm worried some shady wanker put a copy of some throw away title back into the case, resealed it and got their money back. Don't want to open it to check either, because if I'm right, no refund for me and I'm stuck with it...
Swing back to any target with the game, go to the customer service and ask them open it for you. If the game is legit you can keep it if not you can return it. Both way you win :)

A lot of older Vita & 3DS/DS games have this. Nearly every copy of Tearaway in particular I've seen in the wild recently is sealed this way. And that's 6-7 copies across 4 different stores as well as the copy I got in the mail from gohastings this week.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

My copy of Tearaway was like this and I bought it new from Wal Mart. I believe thats normal for Tearaway from what I've seen.

My copy of Tearaway was like this and I bought it new from Wal Mart. I believe thats normal for Tearaway from what I've seen.
Yep, just got a copy of Tearaway today, and it had the sloppy, non-yfold shrinkwrap. I think that's the way all copies of this game are, they look shady but should be fine if purchased at retail.

Just a heads up to anyone who bought Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 from best buy in the last month around.
i just open mine after reading some got bad carts and yup mine would not boot up at all and it was 40 days after purchase. I got lucky and got store credit today.

I was surprised to find about 30 copies of tearaway at Target and it scanned at $20. No wonder they are all still there. The employee told me they haven't sold a Vita game in like 5 months. If they would lower the prices I think they would sell.

Yep, just got a copy of Tearaway today, and it had the sloppy, non-yfold shrinkwrap. I think that's the way all copies of this game are, they look shady but should be fine if purchased at retail.
I've seen multiple copies of Tearaway, across multiple stores (not just Target) over the last few months, and I was thinking they all came this way too. Think I mentioned it here somewhere on CAG a week or two ago too.... Then I saw my first two copies with the y-fold at a Target yesterday. Who Knows......

I've seen multiple copies of Tearaway, across multiple stores (not just Target) over the last few months, and I was thinking they all came this way too. Think I mentioned it here somewhere on CAG a week or two ago too.... Then I saw my first two copies with the y-fold at a Target yesterday. Who Knows......
Yep, not long after posting, I stopped by a different Target, and found three y-fold sealed Tearaways! Bought one and returned the sloppy shrinkwrapped one, here's a comparison of both versions before I returned the other one (y-fold on left, sloppy version on right):

GyZTNvi.jpg

I'd much rather have y-fold sealed versions of Vita games when available. But it's clear that there are both types out there at Targets, with many of them non-y-fold versions.

If anyone has a dead or alive 5, metal gear hd collection, God of war, sly Cooper collection, Jak and dexter collection, or sponge Bob that they got 70% off of they would ship reasonably send me a PM. Or really any you found as you might have found some i didnt.

My target had a bunch but not 70% off. I checked back a few days later when I went for a dr mario amiibo and they dropped to 70% off but we're cleaned out except for like 2 both of which I got.

Yep, not long after posting, I stopped by a different Target, and found three y-fold sealed Tearaways! Bought one and returned the sloppy shrinkwrapped one, here's a comparison of both versions before I returned the other one (y-fold on left, sloppy version on right):

GyZTNvi.jpg

I'd much rather have y-fold sealed versions of Vita games when available. But it's clear that there are both types out there at Targets, with many of them non-y-fold versions.

Are you just keeping them sealed and not playing it? Otherwise I don't see the point in switching them.

Thanks for the heads up on the clearance!  Grabbed AC: Liberation, Street Fighter, and MLB 15.

Also grabbed a Minecraft, but that going into the trade pile, don't think it's the game for me.  If anyone is interested in trading it here before it goes on the list let me know!

Wish I could find a Killzone in my area. That and Marvel Vs. Capcom were the two I was interested in.
Brick seek said Marv vs Cap was only available in 3% of stores nationwide and I snagged one. 1 target out of 6 in the Jacksonville, FL area had it. Killzone was only in 1 of 6 stores but that store had several copies.

I picked up COD Declassified and I enjoy it. Just starting out but I don't get the horrible reviews.

So when looking for vita games at a target I spotted a copy of persona q for 3ds with the tarot cards bonus, it was in there locked cases with a price tag in front that said $8.98. I knew that wasn't the right price, but asked for the game and let the employee ring it up to see what the price was. Of course it came up $49.99 and I said umm the shelf says $8.98, the employee went back and checked and honored it for me, I am super happy with that find and purchase.

So when looking for vita games at a target I spotted a copy of persona q for 3ds with the tarot cards bonus, it was in there locked cases with a price tag in front that said $8.98. I knew that wasn't the right price, but asked for the game and let the employee ring it up to see what the price was. Of course it came up $49.99 and I said umm the shelf says $8.98, the employee went back and checked and honored it for me, I am super happy with that find and purchase.
Wow! Nice pick up! I wish I could find that as well.

Gamestop opens them for me so I don't have to. They're such great people there.
Agreed they're a nice bunch. Sometimes this much act of charity makes me feel too guilty though so I'll usually ask them if they have a sealed copy of the game so they wouldn't have to go through so much trouble just for me.

I was surprised to find about 30 copies of tearaway at Target and it scanned at $20. No wonder they are all still there. The employee told me they haven't sold a Vita game in like 5 months. If they would lower the prices I think they would sell.
That kind of makes a tear go down my eye. )': Vita just gets no love at all..

Brick seek said Marv vs Cap was only available in 3% of stores nationwide and I snagged one. 1 target out of 6 in the Jacksonville, FL area had it. Killzone was only in 1 of 6 stores but that store had several copies.

I picked up COD Declassified and I enjoy it. Just starting out but I don't get the horrible reviews.
It's not a terrible game, it's just a terrible value. That was one of the $49.99 Vita games and there's no way in hell that game was worth that. It's somewhat limited on features but plays surprisingly well on Vita. Overall, for the price it's going for these days it's not too bad.

Thirded. I live in Austin... this place has more people than it knows what to do with, and I found quite a few good finds at my local Targets.
Ha...maybe you are the reason I've found very little at Target, lol. Well, that's not totally true...I found one copy of Killzone at the Ben White Target and a Ninja Gaiden Sigma and DOA at the South Mopac store. But all the really good stuff, like MGS, Batman, UMVC3...never saw it anywhere, and when I check Brickseek, it's completely gone from here to San Antonio.

Grabbed Rayman Legends for 4.xx. My location had a STACK of Killzone, which I found weird because this location has not had that game in stock for a long time. They still had a ton of games in the case that were not marked for clearance...or have any price.

bread's done
Back