PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
walking dead season 2 lowest price was 8.98 for most, people that are reporting those weird lower markdowns (i guess 90% off?) is unheard of at 95% of targets
Ok, well I'm cool with 8.98 also. Wasn't sure what the price was because I've never seen a copy in the wild on clearance at any of my Targets.

Not a deal, but this is a must-watch for all the PS TV owners!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KHK1z0h-_4
why they didn't allow all vita games in the first place is such a Sony move, stupid A-holes, thankfully its been hacked

was the main reason so that they wouldn't cannibalize sales of the vita console? wouldn't make sense though, a TV experience and portable experience are not comparable

So the Borderlands 2 bundle no longer exists at all Bestbuys in my area (OC/LA). They said it's listed as "discontinued". Bummer. I was ready to throw down some dough for it. Truth be told, I'm not a fan of FPS so the only perk to the bundle is the memory card. I wonder if this is an indication that a new bundle is on its way?

Seen these at the Honolulu Target while I was there trading in Fifa 15 for $30.

zN4tvX6.jpg

7uW1xff.jpg

Stopped by independence, mo target they have 007 golden eye $7 and just dance 4 $7 for Wii uu. Rare see it drop that low. Still have few copies left. Hope call of duty vita go low as well. Still have too many copies and no body touch it! :)

I have really been wanting Assassins Creed Vita, Ninja Gaiden Vita, or Ninja Gaiden 2 Vita.

I was able to pick up Lego Marvel Vita, Angry Birds Star Wars Vita, and Rayman Legends Vita.  If anyone would like to trade, send me a PM.  I could still probably get Tearaway or Killzone as both of my Targets still had them. 

If anybody wants to add me and go at it on
Street Fighter Vs Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Dead or Alive 5
Marvel vs Capcom

Or Co-op on something or party up in a FPS

My PSN L8nitebreakfast

I have really been wanting Assassins Creed Vita, Ninja Gaiden Vita, or Ninja Gaiden 2 Vita.

I was able to pick up Lego Marvel Vita, Angry Birds Star Wars Vita, and Rayman Legends Vita. If anyone would like to trade, send me a PM. I could still probably get Tearaway or Killzone as both of my Targets still had them.
Small town :)

Found MLB15 for $5.98 today (hadn't seen it in the clearance section before).   Also picked up Ridge Racer in case anyone is looking for that.

I'd like a Killzone if anyone picks up a spare.

Is this just intuition or do you know something?

Last year the Vita had no deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday or at any point in the holiday shopping season. I remember holding out and then finally just picking up an import unit because I decided if I was going to pay full price, I'd at least get a cool colour out of it.

In fact, I think the best deal that hit wasn't until Jan or Feb with the BL2 bundle dropping to $169.
I ended up getting mine used at GameStop when they had 20% off hardware or something similar. As I recall it was about $120. Honestly if you can pick up a Vita for $99 at any point in time, then buy an imported 64GB card for <$100 you'll be in good shape.

I would not be at all surprised to see a decent GameStop "sale" on used Vita over the holidays. I got NDS for $40 a few Christmases ago when they wanted to unload inventory. Chances of big box stores clearing Vita hardware without incentive from Sony is slim to none. My guess is they'll just return to vendor on any excess hardware. That's why the only sale prices you'll see will drop to cost $169, probably not below. I don't think there are many units left on the channel, most stores never reordered and the Vita shelves are dwindling everywhere. It's nearly game over in USA.

I ended up getting mine used at GameStop when they had 20% off hardware or something similar. As I recall it was about $120. Honestly if you can pick up a Vita for $99 at any point in time, then buy an imported 64GB card for <$100 you'll be in good shape.

I would not be at all surprised to see a decent GameStop "sale" on used Vita over the holidays. I got NDS for $40 a few Christmases ago when they wanted to unload inventory. Chances of big box stores clearing Vita hardware without incentive from Sony is slim to none. My guess is they'll just return to vendor on any excess hardware. That's why the only sale prices you'll see will drop to cost $169, probably not below. I don't think there are many units left on the channel, most stores never reordered and the Vita shelves are dwindling everywhere. It's nearly game over in USA.
I'm considering picking up a new Vita to make sure I have one as a backup in case mine dies.especially since there are still a decent amount of games set to release for Vita.

At least now though I can get my Vita TV set up to remove the white list, though I prefer most games on an actual Vita. I have a feeling collectors are gonna continue to jump on the Cita bandwagon with all the RPG's and niche titles.

I managed to find a copy of Street Fighter X Tekken for $12 today. The only other game they had was Angry Birds Star Wars but I left it since I'm not a fan of Angry Bird games.

I managed to find a copy of Street Fighter X Tekken for $12 today. The only other game they had was Angry Birds Star Wars but I left it since I'm not a fan of Angry Bird games.

I have a feeling collectors are gonna continue to jump on the Cita bandwagon with all the RPG's and niche titles.
I'm kind of guessing that will happen too. It may be a bit of a gamble, but I've been trying to get everything I want now. (I even have extra chargers and stuff just in case).

Well, the Great Target Vita Clearance of 2015 is clearly coming to an end.  I was able to pick up almost all the games I wanted, which was quite a few.  At one Target I went to a few weeks ago (only at 30% off at that time), there was a pretty good stock of Vita games on an endcap. 
69H9Oo3.jpg

Went back to that same store today, and all that were left were two Chimas and one Dungeon Hunter Alliance.  Pretty much totally cleaned out.  Another Target I hit earlier in the day had absolutely nothing left, not a single game.

This was an amazing clearance with some great deals, although to be fair, the game selection was a bit limited. 

Yes, an amazing sale and also a sad sign of the coming death of the PS Vita. It's been on life support for a while now but it seems the plug may be pulled soon. Really glad I was able to snag a bunch of great titles super cheap, but at the same time I feel guilty for not being able to support the games at full price...

Yes, an amazing sale and also a sad sign of the coming death of the PS Vita. It's been on life support for a while now but it seems the plug may be pulled soon. Really glad I was able to snag a bunch of great titles super cheap, but at the same time I feel guilty for not being able to support the games at full price...
I doubt the whole dead thing, if anything I think we are going to continue to see games come out for vita but a majority will be digital only releases.

I doubt the whole dead thing, if anything I think we are going to continue to see games come out for vita but a majority will be digital only releases.
Which to me is basically the same thing as no games coming out. I don't buy digital. The price of the memory cards isn't helping.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-26-sony-climate-not-healthy-for-playstation-vita-successor

I don't think we're going to see too much support for the Vita, considering that Shuhei Yoshida has shot down the possibility of a third Sony portable. After the Vita and PSTV, that is IT. And I don't think Sony is especially interested in supporting these two systems, when you recall that stores were reducing or eliminating stock as early as last year.
Thought we knew that when they publicly termed it a legacy platform.

I just hope the Japanese niche games and indie games keep it afloat at least another 2 years or so. I still can't stand playing games on my smartphone with accurate controls needed. It's pretty much just TD, card games and other basic games such as RPGs I don't mind moving around with virtual sticks.

Mehhh maybe i should check Target for all these clearance deals. I havent bothered because the ones near me usually have crap for vita. The few times i found games before that were suposedly on clearance they were ringing up regular price. I do still need ninja gaiden 2 and super monkey ball though so maybe i'll just swing by

Sure. I have a 3DS card holder. Works fine for me. I got the the point where I took all my DS, 3DS, and Vita games out of their cases, put the cases on a shelf, and just carry around the games in various card holders.
I mean does this company make any. I searched their amazon storefront and only saw a couple pokemon ones that only held 4 cards. Not nice 21 slot ones like these

How do you guys actually feel about this game? From what I could tell, the critical reviews are mixed at best.
I havent played this one, despite owning it, but the earlier ones were quite fun. Kinda different and quirky. I remember having to use an entire memory card to hold 1 save for the original PS1 game, lol

Need for Speed: Most wanted is $16.99 at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050SWR6M

It's only $3 off its usual price, but that still might be low enough to be tempting to some (I know I might pick it up). It also says it's a "Limited-time Offer" so I don't know how long it'll last.

Price of the cards have been the same for some time now, it really hasn't stopped Vita owners from running out and getting them.
Only it has. It's only the number one complaint and biggest barrier to anyone buying a Vita. This isn't a new complaint, I'm not sure why it is even being brought up.

Which to most people means it's dead. Look at the PSP go and how long that lasted. With no retail/physical support it isn't going to last.

I own a launch Vita and a white Vita with dozens of games, US and JP. The last year it really just tanked, the only games that release are extremely niche jRPGs. Those being sold by online retailers only and 'gutted' copies at gamestop will not keep the system afloat in the US. Now in Japan, who knows?

Which to most people means it's dead. Look at the PSP go and how long that lasted. With no retail/physical support it isn't going to last.

I own a launch Vita and a white Vita with dozens of games, US and JP. The last year it really just tanked, the only games that release are extremely niche jRPGs. Those being sold by online retailers only and 'gutted' copies at gamestop will not keep the system afloat in the US. Now in Japan, who knows?
Lately I have been feeling the same regarding the Vita. Sure, I get how it makes $$ sense to release digital versions of the game vs. physical versions, but I still see the Vita being a niche system overall. In the last 2 years I haven't seen much other than JRPGs and random kids games (so much Lego stuff which I enjoy playing too). I was hoping for an original God of War, another Killzone, Uncharted, and other stuff like that.

Well, the main problem with the PSP Go is that it actually had no UMD drive and COULDN'T play physical games. During the PSP era, there was the opposite issue...a lot of physical games came out that weren't released digitally, so the PSP Go kind of had a more limited library.

With the Vita, it can at least play both physical and digital games. It's just that, with changes in technology, the mentality towards digital gaming has shifted for a lot of people and companies. I mean, while I prefer buying physical and a lot of you guys seem to feel the same way, I've also seen people say that they'll only buy digital on the Vita because...I don't know...it's too much trouble for them to switch game cards or keep track of the game cards?

I have a PSTV and not an actual Vita but I almost exclusively buy digital. The PSTV is sort of a side / backup system for me for games I can't get on the PC since I primarily game on the PC via Steam. Coming from the PC side of things, we've been exclusively digital for quite some time so physical just seems so 1990s/early 2000s to me.

Also, some of the PSN sales are decent (for consoles; 50% is still kind of crap by PC game sale standards but what can you do?) and I use Bing/Discover/Sony credit card points every so often to get PSN wallet funds.

I managed to get a 64GB memory card a while back nearly free when there was that Rakuten deal where they'd give you $75 for opening a new credit card so I do have an okay amount of space, by Vita/PSTV standards anyhow. I also have the Sony Contact Manager Assistant running on my PC and can move files back and forth if I need to.

The PSTV is stationary here and it's connected to my PC's monitor so all I have to do is change the input to switch over. Digital just makes sense for me.

Eventually, games are all going to go digital and even further down the line, cloud, but I know a lot of people don't want to hear that. :p

Apparently during my recent runs to target (now dubbed vitamania) I picked up a copy of lumines which I don't need. If anyone is looking for a copy feel free to pm me.

Well pretty happy with my weekend, was at a Target in DFW and I don't think anyone around there is into gaming. They had all the Vita clearance titles, all the PSP UMDs, they even had Wave 5B amiibo still and any exclusive Skylander/DI there is. Grabbed MLB 15 for $5.98, Tearaway for $11.98 and a UMD 2 pack (Daxter, SAC; which surprisingly I didn't have) for $4.48. Then on the drive home, stopped at a GS to pick up an amiibo Retro 3pk my father pre-ordered and had reserved a DI 2.0 Vita during lunch at the same store.

A little buyers remorse over the DI 2.0, b/c I still see 20 GS's with them in stock in the Houston area. Maybe not many know it's $24.99, I wonder if it will go even lower. I keep telling myself for $25, all that is is TWO figures for the thousands of $$ I've spent on toys to life so far. So I have the box sitting right here, it wasn't gutted, debating on opening it.

bread's done
Back