PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the alpha build play demo. First half hour of the game right here, looks quite awesome to me.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xwRduJKJwc
Yup. I'll be anxiously awaiting this one. Lately I've been focusing more of my gameplay on classic retro RPGs. I plan on firing up Link to the Past while on vacation next week.

Got my B&C yesterday, I really dig the product and how quick it came, I wish they would make a monthly subscription service for these(since we can't all be online at the time of sale) and make a separate run for non-subscribers.

Quick question on the Muv-Luv Kickstarter (just 4 hours left, BTW) - has anyone tried to back for multiple tiers?  I've backed for the Vita CE box, but I'd like to add the standard physical Vita to it as well to be my play copy.   I've never done this before with a KS pledge and there doesn't seem to be a way to select multiple tiers.  Do you just manually pledge for the combined dollar total (in this case $150 CE + $80 regular + $5 shipping = $235) and then choose your rewards when they send out the Backer Kit survey?

Got my B&C yesterday, I really dig the product and how quick it came, I wish they would make a monthly subscription service for these(since we can't all be online at the time of sale) and make a separate run for non-subscribers.
I agree, they should have a subscription model. It wouldn't be too difficult either. If they have 2300 subscribers, then order 2300 copies plus an additional 500-1000 to cover new subs and random purchases for the next game. As they grow and acquire more subs they just increase the order quantity.

Akiba's Trip is back down to $21.97 again on Amazon for those who need it. They must have gotten enough price match emails to re-match GS again.

I just picked up Little Big Planet Marvel edition. Does anyone have any opinions on it? Or any other European games that weren't released over here.

Quick question on the Muv-Luv Kickstarter (just 4 hours left, BTW) - has anyone tried to back for multiple tiers? I've backed for the Vita CE box, but I'd like to add the standard physical Vita to it as well to be my play copy. I've never done this before with a KS pledge and there doesn't seem to be a way to select multiple tiers. Do you just manually pledge for the combined dollar total (in this case $150 CE + $80 regular + $5 shipping = $235) and then choose your rewards when they send out the Backer Kit survey?
You are correct. You can manually pledge the combined total of the items you want or you can select a tier and click on a button that says manage and increase your pledge to cover the items you want. Once the kickstarter ends you'll recieve a survey where you can specify where to allocate the extra money you pledged.

Speaking of Muv-Luv,  I went ahead and did the $80 Physical Vita donation (which came to $85 with shipping).  Since it's two physical games, that's $40 each which is rich but not above what games are launching at these days for Vita.   Plus since the digital version is bundled in hopefully they'll send codes out as they launch those versions so I can at least play it while I wait for the physical carts to ship.  Worst case scenario is if I don't like the games digitally then I'll at least have a physical version to sell later.  Seems like a win win.

I liked the packing LRG did with B&C.  The bubble mailer even seemed special in that it's not a typical color I see on those things.  But the sticker and little ad cards included classed it up.   I'm sure they just had these all pre-packaged and just slapped a shipping label on them... but that's cool with me as it still felt like I was getting something special.  For just under $30 with shipping, I don't see me skipping any of their releases.  Cosmic Star Heroine looks like it'll be easily worth getting.

After adding the game to my collection it looks like after my Amazon order with Akiba's Trip & Playstation All-Stars arrives I'll have 35 physical games.  So roughly 25% of the entire (physical) NA vita library.  Not bad for only having the system nearly a month.  Now that I'm a Pro GS member, once they send that buy 2 get 1 free coupon on used games, I'll drive the price down on 3 pricier titles.  I also have enough points for $10 off a used game ... so possibly a free vita game or at least a decent amount off of one to where it's too cheap to pass up.   I don't intend on having the full library ... just get what I want to play while it's available for as cheap as I can get it.

Played more BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend last night.  The tutorial on it is VERY good and lengthy.  It really lays out step by step the gameplay from simple movement all the way up to very advanced stuff.  Really that game is packed in content.  I'm looking forward to exploring that series more.

I just picked up Little Big Planet Marvel edition. Does anyone have any opinions on it? Or any other European games that weren't released over here.
The Euro physical exclusives that I've picked up so far are New Little King's Story (which I've thoroughly enjoyed) and Rachet & Clank Trilogy. I also picked up Child of Light back before the NA physical version was announced and released. Been wanting to pick up LBP Marvel, History: Legends of War, and Disney Epic Mickey 2 - the latter two seem to be getting harder to find.

New Little Kings Story has been on my radar. I'll keep eye out for a good price. There's also a Muppets game that peeked my interest so I'll have to see if it's any good.

I know we mainly talk physical games, but The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is on sale for $10 on PSN since the second (same name with "SC" at the end) one is now out on PSN.  I grabbed it this morning.  The sale lasts through the 5th.   Seems like a worthy buy for those that are interested in the overall series since TLoH:Trails of Cold Steel comes out in December physically.

Also I sent a message to the OP about changing the name of the thread.  Seems like most folks were cool with "PS Vita Deals & Discussions" so that's what I suggested.

Quick question on the Muv-Luv Kickstarter (just 4 hours left, BTW) - has anyone tried to back for multiple tiers? I've backed for the Vita CE box, but I'd like to add the standard physical Vita to it as well to be my play copy. I've never done this before with a KS pledge and there doesn't seem to be a way to select multiple tiers. Do you just manually pledge for the combined dollar total (in this case $150 CE + $80 regular + $5 shipping = $235) and then choose your rewards when they send out the Backer Kit survey?
There's no add-on for another copy of the game, and you can't back two tiers. There does seem to be an $80 add-on for a physical copy after the $150 tier, but it isn't supposed to be for the same system. You could always pledge the $150 tier, then if they let you choose 2 physical copies for the Vita, add $80 after the campaign ends in Backerkit.

The Euro physical exclusives that I've picked up so far are New Little King's Story (which I've thoroughly enjoyed) and Rachet & Clank Trilogy. I also picked up Child of Light back before the NA physical version was announced and released. Been wanting to pick up LBP Marvel, History: Legends of War, and Disney Epic Mickey 2 - the latter two seem to be getting harder to find.
Epic Mickey 2 was also released in Region 4 (Mexico, Central & South Americas). Packaging would be in Spanish/Portuguese, but the game is still in English oddly.

So still not received my copy of Breach & Clear. Just checked the tracking information on USPS.com and all I can say is, typical USPS inefficientcy. Did it really need to go to Greensboro twice!?:

Product & Tracking Information
Date & Time
Status of Item

Departed USPS Facility

GREENSBORO, NC 27495

Your item departed our USPS facility in GREENSBORO, NC 27495 on November 3, 2015 at 10:05 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
November 2, 2015 , 9:46 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

GREENSBORO, NC 27495

November 2, 2015 , 1:47 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

KERNERSVILLE, NC 27284

November 2, 2015 , 5:33 am

Arrived at Post Office

KERNERSVILLE, NC 27284

October 31, 2015 , 8:12 am

Departed USPS Facility

GREENSBORO, NC 27495

October 30, 2015 , 10:28 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

GREENSBORO, NC 27495

October 30, 2015 , 9:13 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

CARY, NC 27511

October 30, 2015 , 10:54 am

Shipping Label Created

CARY, NC 27511

Epic Mickey 2 was also released in Region 4 (Mexico, Central & South Americas). Packaging would be in Spanish/Portuguese, but the game is still in English oddly.
Yeah, Epic Mickey appears to have gotten a pretty widespread release, region-wise. There are a lot of German, Italian, and Russian cover art variants out there too - most of those are pretty cheap and easy to get. I'm specifically looking for the UK version, though. I always opt for the UK version for my Euro imports, if they exist, in order to get English cover art.

Have you played the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy on Vita yet? The Ratchet and Clank physical for Vita in EU has multiple bugs that were never fixed. Just curious of your opinion. I almost bought it at one point but changed my mind after seeing all the problems people were having. The second post in this thread details some of the issues:

http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/showthread.php?70900-Ratchet-and-Clank-Trilogy-Vita-Glitches

Have you played the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy on Vita yet? The Ratchet and Clank physical for Vita in EU has multiple bugs that were never fixed. Just curious of your opinion. I almost bought it at one point but changed my mind after seeing all the problems people were having. The second post in this thread details some of the issues:

http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/showthread.php?70900-Ratchet-and-Clank-Trilogy-Vita-Glitches
Ooof, wow. No I haven't played it. My copy is still sitting sealed on my Vita shelf. I do most of my Vita gaming on PSTV, so my play of the R&C Trilogy was all on the PS3 version instead. After reading that I might just leave it sealed.

I heard back from the OP about renaming the thread to "PS Vita Deals & Discussion Thread".   I think he's willing to do it, but just wants to make sure the community here wants it.

SO....

Post a comment if you want this thread renamed.

I linked him to the convo last week during the B&C orders where many of us talked about this.  In any event, having more folks speak up would be good.

Well. This isn't the Cheap Vita Games thread anymore. Its about them deals and discussions.

Yes

Same difference to me... I guess it makes more sense since it not so much the cheapness of vita games, as it is actually finding them nowadays (for a decent price of course).

Well. This isn't the Cheap Vita Games thread anymore. Its about them deals and discussions.

Yes
I'm all for the thread-name change.
Probably the last we've seen of "cheap" Vita games considering Target just wiped 99% of their Vita stock out. Well there still is TRU with $5 FIFA and Lego Hobbit still running around. God only knows what Wal-Mart will do with them...haha.

Probably the last we've seen of "cheap" Vita games considering Target just wiped 99% of their Vita stock out. Well there still is TRU with $5 FIFA and Lego Hobbit still running around. God only knows what Wal-Mart will do with them...haha.
Walmart will mark them down 7 cents and throw a red clearance sticker on them :p

wait TRU still have fifa copies for $5? If it's fifa 14 for the vita I'll buy one from someone plus shipping and a little extra for their trouble of getting me a copy

Yes, so we don't have another niche thread incident.
I would've been fine. If there was a wiki page included

Wal-mart will just have bad clearance, like 5 dollars off or 2 cents off. xD It'll be there forever, just like the beat up Diablo III they're trying to sell for 39.99 clearance. xD

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE CANNOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THIS THREAD !!!!!!

William_Wallace_Braveheart_Mel_Gibson.jpg

I would've been fine. If there was a wiki page included
Wal-mart will just have bad clearance, like 5 dollars off or 2 cents off. xD It'll be there forever, just like the beat up Diablo III they're trying to sell for 39.99 clearance. xD
hey hey now
Walmart has some amazing deals on older games here the best deal right now for example sold by Walmart on there site. Cheapest place to get this classic to
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Sing-It-High-School-Musical-3-game-only-PS3/10858478

Lol. I got the Disney Singstar Set from Big Lots when they were clearing them out for around $3. :lol:

bread's done
Back