PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN Store has Steins;Gate on sale at $28 for PS+ members only: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/steinsgate/cid=UP4293-PCSE00644_00-STEINSGATE00000A

First time I've seen this on sale. I need a bigger discount to get this digital over physical.

Btw, has anyone here tried a VN on Vita? I see a lot of you backed the MuvLuv kickstarter. I'm curious how readable the screen is, or if it is better to stick with PC versions.
Steins;Gate is great on the Vita. Definitely is readable

Btw, has anyone here tried a VN on Vita? I see a lot of you backed the MuvLuv kickstarter. I'm curious how readable the screen is, or if it is better to stick with PC versions.
Seriously? The Vita is amazing for VNs. Virtue's Last Reward, Danganronpa 1 & 2, and Steins;Gate are all fantastic on it. Zero Escape 3 is also coming out next year, and Danganronpa 3 will be coming to Vita. They're all very clear and readable.

I think the only game I've heard of people having issues with is Tokyo Twilight, for non-essential text.

-1 for name change.  My desire to be the opposition for no fucking reason that makes any kind of sense. DERP DERP

Got my Superbeat Xonic LE shipping notification yesterday.  I hope it arrives in one piece.

I'm for the name change. Also wanted to say thanks for the updates on the Muv Luv kickstarter; I went ahead and pledged for the $150 tier.

Yeah, I'll +1 the name change. All the people who don't want the thread change have the Link Posts Only option, so they won't have any reason to complain after the change.

If we change the name do we also get free money saving tips to avoid two black friday's? I mean I'm all for saving money on some awesome deals on thanksgiving night, but what about my light bill due the friday after that...I'm in fear for that black Friday. Seriously thought I'm alright if the name changes or if it stays the same I'm still coming here regardless

As soon as the name changes, I'm going to complain about how nobody is posting ampersands anymore.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

i don't care if they change the name or not.

b&c is fun enough if you like the genre- - it's like a budget/mobile frozen synapse with a more realistic skin.

Don't change the name and bring the discussion of these overpriced terrible limited physical releases to the collectors edition thread where it belongs.

Don't change the name and bring the discussion of these overpriced terrible limited physical releases to the collectors edition thread where it belongs.

tumblr_m3m157iBCf1qe8bfro2_250.gif

So if there's a Vita port/version of a PS3 game that features local multiplayer (mostly thinking fighting games here), there's really no way to play the Vita version with local multiplayer, even on a PSTV, right?

I'm down for the name change. And other cheap Vita games will eventually emerge, probably when least expected. So keep the thread here.

New Little Kings Story has been on my radar. I'll keep eye out for a good price. There's also a Muppets game that peeked my interest so I'll have to see if it's any good.
I didn't now Little Kings Story got a UK release. I wish i had snagged it. Where can you even get UK vita games? I havent got UK imports in a while but i think i used sites like zavvi and... i dont remember what else. Just checked Zavvi and they dont even arry vita games. Rice doesn't seem to have LKS at all either

Child of Light is $4.95 of PSN.

I'm finally going to give it a shot.

That is all.
Im still salty that this bullshit isn't cross buy. fuck you Ubisoft. UK got cross buy why no US! Dont think i'll ever buy it digitially just because of that which is too bad because i would love to play it on the ps3 or ps4

Hey everyone, it was requested that I change the name of this thread and I did. It seems to make sense since this thread is mainly a discussion thread now. I hope this is ok by everyone or almost everyone.

I have a question as well, any chance the new Legend of Heroes games coming out becomes scarce quickly? I usually don't pre-order games but if this game may become hard to come by, I may have to. Thanks

I didn't now Little Kings Story got a UK release. I wish i had snagged it. Where can you even get UK vita games? I havent got UK imports in a while but i think i used sites like zavvi and... i dont remember what else. Just checked Zavvi and they dont even arry vita games. Rice doesn't seem to have LKS at all either
I've personally been looking on eBay.

TBH< I don't recall where I imported NLKS from. I've had it since it was first released. I think I might have pre-ordered it on Amazon.co.uk - however it looks like it's only available from third-party sellers there now who don't ship to the US. Zavvi hasn't carried Vita games now for quite a while.

Seems like the main UK Vita import options remaining are Amazon (when you can find titles S&S by Amazon) or Game.

Yeah, Amazon UK is where I've gotten all of my EU imports for Vita. The prices are normally pretty good, and shipping only takes about 7-10 days. LKS was one title I never really wanted, so I never looked for that there, but if it's not available currently, Ebay will probably be the best bet.

Nice to see HDN Rebirth 3 used dropping in price. If it's $24.99 on the site then with pro it should be even a few bucks cheaper in-store. I've been considering at least getting the first game just to see if I like the series.

So if there's a Vita port/version of a PS3 game that features local multiplayer (mostly thinking fighting games here), there's really no way to play the Vita version with local multiplayer, even on a PSTV, right?
Local Multiplayer would require multiple systems and multiple copies of the game. It shouldn't matter if the systems are PSVita, PSTV, or if it's a PSP game one of those. The main thing is needing the game on all systems which is where Digital actually pays off as most games let you install to at least 2 systems. Really that's a big reason why I got two PS3's (one for the kids and one for me) and bought a lot of games digital when they got cheap because if my kids wanted to play multiplayer together then they didn't need to buy multiple copies of the games.

I have a question as well, any chance the new Legend of Heroes games coming out becomes scarce quickly? I usually don't pre-order games but if this game may become hard to come by, I may have to. Thanks
First, thanks for changing the thread name. Considering they are releasing both a standard version and the limited "Lionheart" edition... I don't think it'll be particularly Rare. They put a couple years (or more?) into the localization of the game and it's sequel so I think they'll need to sell as many copies as possible to pull in a good profit.

Hey everyone, it was requested that I change the name of this thread and I did. It seems to make sense since this thread is mainly a discussion thread now. I hope this is ok by everyone or almost everyone.

This is not OK.

Good bye, cruel world.

suicide_booth_futurama.gif

Any deals on Vita?

Looking to get one to play Legend of Heroes games.
Well right now Amazon Warehouse Deals has an OLED Vita for $96. Total Console has some refurbed ones for $115. I've bought stuff from Total Console before and while not 100% of the product is perfect, they're pretty legit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003O6EATE/ref=olp_prime_all?ie=UTF8&shipPromoFilter=1

Just curious...what ever happened to your PC? I know this is a Vita thread but after playing a bit of both versions, it's clear that the PC version is where it's at.

Nice to see HDN Rebirth 3 used dropping in price. If it's $24.99 on the site then with pro it should be even a few bucks cheaper in-store. I've been considering at least getting the first game just to see if I like the series.

Local Multiplayer would require multiple systems and multiple copies of the game. It shouldn't matter if the systems are PSVita, PSTV, or if it's a PSP game one of those. The main thing is needing the game on all systems which is where Digital actually pays off as most games let you install to at least 2 systems. Really that's a big reason why I got two PS3's (one for the kids and one for me) and bought a lot of games digital when they got cheap because if my kids wanted to play multiplayer together then they didn't need to buy multiple copies of the games.

First, thanks for changing the thread name. Considering they are releasing both a standard version and the limited "Lionheart" edition... I don't think it'll be particularly Rare. They put a couple years (or more?) into the localization of the game and it's sequel so I think they'll need to sell as many copies as possible to pull in a good profit.

I wouldn't worry about the LoH game being rare per se...I mean if you go to Xseed's store, you can get all the LE goodies from the past generation and even the more recent Ys Celceta game; in fact, you can still buy PSP games from their store! You might want to think twice about buying it though; when you get deep enough into it the game will suck you in bad.

I wonder if they converted new to used in store? I searched my zip and no stores within 100 miles of me have it in stock new but there are a ton of them with used copies.
Definitely a conversion from new to used. It is one of the few games I don't own on the Vita, as I have been waiting for a price drop to the $10 range. I checked used stock over the weekend and only 4 stores had the game used within 25 miles. Now, every Gamestop imaginable has the game in stock "used".

I hace a question. I'm going to upgrade to the gs pro card. I have never done it before. If I do it at the store does the b2g1 coupon appear automatically on my system so I can get the vita games I have reserved or does it take hours/days for it to pop up? I woukd prefer to do at the store because the gs girl always helps me and I believe getting a pro card helps the employee. A few days ago I got ragnarok ace used for the price of the vanilla version for example due to a box mislabeling and she realized it while she was scanning the box.

I hace a question. I'm going to upgrade to the gs pro card. I have never done it before. If I do it at the store does the b2g1 coupon appear automatically on my system so I can get the vita games I have reserved or does it take hours/days for it to pop up? I woukd prefer to do at the store because the gs girl always helps me and I believe getting a pro card helps the employee. A few days ago I got ragnarok ace used for the price of the vanilla version for example due to a box mislabeling and she realized it while she was scanning the box.
if I remember correctly it takes about 2 days to show in your account

Have you played the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy on Vita yet? The Ratchet and Clank physical for Vita in EU has multiple bugs that were never fixed. Just curious of your opinion. I almost bought it at one point but changed my mind after seeing all the problems people were having. The second post in this thread details some of the issues:

http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/showthread.php?70900-Ratchet-and-Clank-Trilogy-Vita-Glitches
Is the US digital version any better?

Is there a patch for the EU physical version?

The Euro physical exclusives that I've picked up so far are New Little King's Story (which I've thoroughly enjoyed) and Rachet & Clank Trilogy. I also picked up Child of Light back before the NA physical version was announced and released. Been wanting to pick up LBP Marvel, History: Legends of War, and Disney Epic Mickey 2 - the latter two seem to be getting harder to find.
There are also EU physical versions of the WRC series (WRC 3, 4 and 5). Amazon.com has 3rd party seller options for them.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vita+wrc

bread's done
Back