PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:

For those of you complaining about how Best Buy insufficiently packages orders (I've been a recent victim myself when three Disney Infinity figures I ordered arrived in a bag, not a box, and two were open because of how they were packaged), according to Fortune it's due to the company's turnaround plan. We can thank Best Buy CFO Sharon McCollam and CEO Hubert July. So it isn't those packing and shipping orders making the decision how to package.

Well if it's like Amazon the computer tells them what to pick and what package to use. It's probably also like Amazon in that they have to fulfill a certain number of orders per hour. Then there's two very real wrinkles. First BBY now fulfills orders from stores so items can be shelf damaged or packed by someone with inadequate materials. Second people are just dumb as dirt. Many of us have gotten packages from BBY where the item was appropriate to the box but the dumb dumb went out of their way to put it in the package in a way that makes no sense. The item will clearly fit one way? Let's shove it in diagonally. Even better, lets bend the packaging to make it fit in the box the other way!

I work for Best Buy HaloGX, if Best Buy's corporate office could dictate to their employees how to use the bathroom they would!

Two weeks ago a new policy went into effect and a co-worker and I made a simple sign using MS Word on one of the work terminals to put up at our counter to notify our customer's of such and about an hour later a manager was informing us, and I'm not making this up, "The Magic Castle says the wording needs to be changed on this to read this way". And we just looked at him, and finally I broke the silence and asked him what on earth he was talking about. So the manager explains that the corporate marketing department is code named "The Magic Castle" and has to approve all non-issued signage, so he had taken a picture of our sign earlier and e-mailed it to them for approval.

We take orders from some anonymous "marketing people" who call themselves, the fuck ing "Magic Castle". I'd tell you doesn't get much lamer than that, but that would be a lie. It's bad enough that a marketing department calling themselves "The Magic Castle" invokes mental imagery of a bunch of cos-playing D&D gamers siting around a board room table atop giant plush unicorns having discussions about where mayonnaise comes from and settling all their arguments in PvP battles that involve D20 dice rolls.

But no, then there is Geek Squad High Command, which fancies itself to be modeled after Starfleet Command... yeah. :wall:

So, uhh, based on the usual glitch-and-incorrect-listing-filled mess that is bestbuy.com, I take it The Sacred Order of Cyber Integrity was slain by dragons?

For anyone interested, I believe the list of non-US physical releases is:

* Amnesia: Memories (JP)

* Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk (JP)

* Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland (JP)

* Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland (JP)

* Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (JP)

* Best of Arcade Games (France & Germany)

* Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy (JP & Asia)

* Civilization Revolution 2 Plus (JP)

* Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess (JP & Asia)

* Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (JP)

* Dokuro (JP & Asia)

* Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (EU & JP)

* Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires (JP)

* Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable (JP & Asia)

* Epic Mickey 2: Power of 2 (EU)

* Final Fantasy X (Asia)

* Final Fantasy X-2 (Asia)

* Football Manager Classic 2014 (EU)

* Hotline Miami (JP)

* Invizimals: The Alliance (EU)

* Invizimals: The Resistance (EU)

* J-Stars Victory VS+ (EU)

* Legends of War: Patton (EU)

* Let's Fish! Hooked On (JP)

* LittleBigPlanet: Marvel Superheroes Edition (EU)

* Minecraft (EU & JP)

* MLB 15: The Show (South Korea)

* Moe Chronicles (Asia)

* MotoGP 13 (EU)

* MotoGP 14 (EU)

* MUD Motocross (EU)

* MXGP Motogross (EU)

* New Little King's Story (EU & Asia)

* One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (EU, AU, & Asia)

* Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (JP & Asia)

* Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (EU)

* Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Asia)

* Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3 (JP)

* Samurai Warriors 4 (JP)

* Samurai Warriors 4-II (JP)

* Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit (JP)

* Soul Sacrifice Delta (JP & Asia)

* Space Hulk (EU & Asia)

* Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (JP & Asia)

* Tadeo Jones (Spain)

* Tadeo Jones y El Manustrito Perdido (Spain)

* Warriors Orachi 3 Ultimate (JP)

* WRC 3 (EU & JP)

* WRC 4 (EU & JP)

* WRC 5 (EU)

Anyone know if I'm missing anything here?
Some European releases:

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge
Looney Tunes Galactic Sports
Muppets Movie Adventures
Playstation Pets
Rugby 15
Rugby World Cup 2015

Also there are some Gundam games and God Eater Burst games released in the Japan and Asian territories.

I got my X-Otic edition of Superbeat Xonic today, and good lord is it huge! Game is freaking awesome too. Still not sure if it beats DJMax Technika Tune, but pretty awesome so far.
Still waiting on mine. I assume you didn't win the free Vita? They included a card or something in one of them randomly. The person that gets it wins a new Vita.

I work for Best Buy HaloGX, if Best Buy's corporate office could dictate to their employees how to use the bathroom they would!

Two weeks ago a new policy went into effect and a co-worker and I made a simple sign using MS Word on one of the work terminals to put up at our counter to notify our customer's of such and about an hour later a manager was informing us, and I'm not making this up, "The Magic Castle says the wording needs to be changed on this to read this way". And we just looked at him, and finally I broke the silence and asked him what on earth he was talking about. So the manager explains that the corporate marketing department is code named "The Magic Castle" and has to approve all non-issued signage, so he had taken a picture of our sign earlier and e-mailed it to them for approval.

We take orders from some anonymous "marketing people" who call themselves, the fuck ing "Magic Castle". I'd tell you doesn't get much lamer than that, but that would be a lie. It's bad enough that a marketing department calling themselves "The Magic Castle" invokes mental imagery of a bunch of cos-playing D&D gamers siting around a board room table atop giant plush unicorns having discussions about where mayonnaise comes from and settling all their arguments in PvP battles that involve D20 dice rolls.

But no, then there is Geek Squad High Command, which fancies itself to be modeled after Starfleet Command... yeah. :wall:
Whoa. That's weird.

Back on topic, as it were...

$149.99 - PS Vita Wi-Fi (2000 series) with promo code: RAKVITA

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/ps-vita-hardware-wifi/q/sellerid/44942010/274041086.html?scid=em_Promotional_20151105Daily&adid=17654&rmatt=tsid:1012038|cid:4438|cgid:44383068682

Also, in true GameFAQs fashion.

PlayAsia just sent out an e-mail about a new Japanese rogue-a-like game for the Vita titled "Omega Labyrinth". Yet another JP game unlikely to see a "western" release.:

http://www.play-asia.com/omega-labyrinth/13/70929z?sc1=N370541545

D3 Publisher are bringing a rogue-like dungeon RPG to the PS Vita - equipped with a new sexy "chest-expanding" Oppai mechanic! Matrix Software will handle development while character design will be handled by Wadatsumi.
The titular mechanic 'Omega Power' affects the chest size of the characters you control, gradually increasing the size over time. As your character's chest size increases, so will their status, and when your status reaches its maximum potential 'Hatsumune Mode' will be triggered! As you fight and explore your way through dungeons you'll earn Omega Power, which can be used to purchase and appraise new items once you have completed the dungeon.

When you first obtain items they will appear as "Unidentified Crystals", order to know the details about the crystals you've obtained you'll need to have them appraised through the game's unique 'Oppai Appraisal' system, which consists of placing said item between your choice of character's breasts and jiggling them, thus revealing the item's true nature. This process is able to be skipped if the player chooses.

Players can choose two characters to explore dungeons with - the leader and a partner - or alternatively go alone. The caveat is that if you die in the dungeon both characters' equipment will be lost in true rogue-like fashion, so proceed with caution!

First-print copies will include download codes for the "Lightning Malans" and "Hip Shield" equipment.

I'm glad mods changed the name of the thread because now we know where to have the same exact discussions we were already having here.

Well, I used my $10 off a used game at GS coupon (burned 8000 points) and grabbed Tales of Hearts R. I was wrong about price calculations... they first take the $10 off then the 10% for Pro... still, I was out the door tax and all for $17.65. That's $17.65 for a used (but complete & mint) copy of Tales of Hearts R. I feel good about the deal though it's highly likely it'll go cheaper someday. Tomorrow or this weekend I'll use my buy 2 used games get 1 free ... but at another store that has more games in the $25 range that I want. Plus they have Tetris.

I was at a GS yesterday and it was still marked 24.99. Suppose I should go back and get that then.
Yeah, if you want it with the figure that's the way to go. Otherwise the game itself can be had for less as a lot of people buy these to remove the figure and then resell with the reader/base/thing.

The European one may still be available. The FB page posted about it earlier today.
There is a reservation list link floating around somewhere. I found it earlier in the week and put my contact down, just got an email saying that 15 are available for order and they have a 72 hours hold from time of email. will try to find that link again.

There is a reservation list link floating around somewhere. I found it earlier in the week and put my contact down, just got an email saying that 15 are available for order and they have a 72 hours hold from time of email. will try to find that link again.
Pretty sure that e-mail is tied to... well, your e-mail, so. If you're not getting it, I'll gladly take it.

No. It's back up to $59.99. Was hoping its get converted to used at some point
Hey we cant sell this crap at 24.99 what do we do.. Lets mark it back to 60..i t will sell then..

more like they pushed it back to 60 so they can call a 24.99 price a black friday deal LOL

Pretty sure that e-mail is tied to... well, your e-mail, so. If you're not getting it, I'll gladly take it.
You're out of luck there, I scoured the net for half an hour before coming upon this section of their facebook page, and after all that searching, I'm going to get it but here's the link as promised:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Z2w62M7uJ70bRjVHpsM5_CQJV_utTQ2h7sZE0BAe6AA/viewform

Just fill out the info and if there's any left someone will contact you about it and paypal invoicing.

We got more PS TVs in at the Best Buy where I work at this week. Not a ton, but a few. No sign of the elusive blue Vita's others have reported seeing in their Best Buy stores.

$39.99 - PS TV (core unit)

$99.99 - PS TV Bundle

Also went to my local Wal*Mart yesterday. Not a single PS Vita game to be found anywhere, but they had re-stocked two PS Vita Wi-Fi (2000 series) systems at full MSRP.

Curious as to what, if any Vita deals we will see this coming Thanksgiving Day/Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Last year on Black Friday the only Vita specific deal I was aware of was "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" on all used products at GameStop, which is when I kicked my Vita game collecting into high gear. And Cyber Monday brought us the awesome $9.99 - $14.99 game deals from Best Buy on then super recent releases such as Freedom Wars and The Wolf Among Us. Were there any other good deals last year I missed out on?

Hey we cant sell this crap at 24.99 what do we do.. Lets mark it back to 60..i t will sell then..

more like they pushed it back to 60 so they can call a 24.99 price a black friday deal LOL
I managed to get the last one that was marked at $24.99 and they overrode the price for it, no problem. Was shocked how easy it was.

I know I'm crazy for trying to get a complete physical US Vita collection.

Some Best Buy stores have them for some reason

Hmm.. Odd. I thought the blue Vita was a GS exclusive wasn't it? I was at BBY today returning some smashed games i got (seriously, fuck you Best Buy) and went over to look at the game section before i left. In the vita section they had those empty display cases for consoles and they were all for an aqua blue vita

Saw one of these at a local store today, found it odd since I thought they were GS exclusives.

I managed to get the last one that was marked at $24.99 and they overrode the price for it, no problem. Was shocked how easy it was.

I know I'm crazy for trying to get a complete physical US Vita collection.
I'm sitting at 95 of the 142 Region 1 releases right now. Likely would have been a higher number than this had I not been unemployed for five months as I was still receiving games in the mail after I lost my job. Employed once again now but still working on taking care of important real life issues. Like tomorrow's pay day and I have no idea how much getting the muffler re-attached to my car is going to cost, it's hanging low and clearly has two broken retainer bracket mount points, but I can't continue to safely drive the car like this without risking outright loosing the muffler and potentially creating a road hazard for other drivers.

The biggest challenges to my own collection right now are a couple of the early releases which had low production runs and are a pain to find for a reasonable price. If GameStop had them they would be reasonable, alas though there is no GameStop in the hundred mile radius with a copy of either, those titles being "Ben 10: Galactic Racing" and "Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted". All of the other early releases I either have or are still fairly common to find either or both in GameStop and at various online retailers still. Some of the latter releases may also end up tricky to get ahold of for cheap, but will just have to bide the time and see how things go.

Did Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Child of Light on vita come with anything besides the cart, case, and cover art?

It's stupid, but I like to have any and all papers the come with games, even little ads. If there's no difference I'll buy them used, but if not, I'll just buy them new for a couple bucks more on Amazon.

Did Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Child of Light on vita come with anything besides the cart, case, and cover art?

It's stupid, but I like to have any and all papers the come with games, even little ads. If there's no difference I'll buy them used, but if not, I'll just buy them new for a couple bucks more on Amazon.

No for Child of Light.

General rule of thumb is 99% of Vita game are just the cart & case. There are exceptions of course, like how early on Some games had online passes/preorder code/advert inserts. The only game I have that actually has a manual is Project Diva F 2nd.

General rule of thumb is 99% of Vita game are just the cart & case. There are exceptions of course, like how early on Some games had online passes/preorder code/advert inserts. The only game I have that actually has a manual is Project Diva F 2nd.
Speaking of that game, did that also come with a Collector's card of some sort, in addition to the manual? I remember seeing it with a card at the Gamestop closest to my house but the card was missing from the display copies at various other Gamestops I've been to.

[quote name="EvilChamp" post="13005895" timestamp="1446649949"]This is not OK.

Good bye, cruel world.

suicide_booth_futurama.gif
[/quote]
I remember seeing that episode and thinking how much better off the world would be if we actually had those.

Like tomorrow's pay day and I have no idea how much getting the muffler re-attached to my car is going to cost, it's hanging low and clearly has two broken retainer bracket mount points, but I can't continue to safely drive the car like this without risking outright loosing the muffler and potentially creating a road hazard for other drivers.
You can re-attach it yourself with a couple bucks worth of metal wire. I did that on a few different old beaters back in college and it worked like a charm. Just wrap the wire around both the muffler pipe and somewhere on the frame.

I'm the same way. I'm at work right now, but I'm 99% sure Tokyo Twilight came with a one-page Aksys promo insert.

You can re-attach it yourself with a couple bucks worth of metal wire. I did that on a few different old beaters back in college and it worked like a charm. Just wrap the wire around both the muffler pipe and somewhere on the frame.
Yea true. Coat hanger works in a pinch. Shouldnt be more than $100 if its just welding it back up and maybe replacing a section of the pipe...

Speaking of that game, did that also come with a Collector's card of some sort, in addition to the manual? I remember seeing it with a card at the Gamestop closest to my house but the card was missing from the display copies at various other Gamestops I've been to.
That was a huge mess. Apparently some copies of the game had the card while most did not. I believe it was supposed to be a first run add-in but the games that had it vs. the ones that didn't was seemingly random. I'm not sure if anyone ever figured out what was going on with it.

My copy did not have one, for the record.

TTGH had an ad in it. I'm not at home so I can't check what it was. Seems like most of the Aksys games I own came with an ad in them. CoL I haven't opened yet.

If you are decent to the folks at GS though, and you find an odd thing like an ad in a used game, they'll typically let you have it if you ask nice (maybe more so if you are buying something else). So you could always get a copy that is otherwise complete and keep an eye out for the extras later.

Both of these games though were cheap enough on Amazon for me just to order them new.

Yeah, I agree. Crawl under there with a couple untwisted metal hangars and some pliers (to make the bending easier and more secure) and wire that puppy back up in place. I did that as well back in the day and it worked like a charm. The more you secure it close to the areas where it's meant to mount, the better chance it'll hold for as long as you need it to.

Oh well, I missedout on the X-otic version.

Shame. I've never had any luck getting DJM limiteds.
I jumped on the waiting list Wednesday if i remember right. Just got the email and picked up one of the last few copies. Super siked since i missed that it was even available.

I'm sitting at 95 of the 142 Region 1 releases right now.

The biggest challenges to my own collection right now are a couple of the early releases which had low production runs and are a pain to find for a reasonable price. If GameStop had them they would be reasonable, alas though there is no GameStop in the hundred mile radius with a copy of either, those titles being "Ben 10: Galactic Racing" and "Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted". All of the other early releases I either have or are still fairly common to find either or both in GameStop and at various online retailers still. Some of the latter releases may also end up tricky to get ahold of for cheap, but will just have to bide the time and see how things go.
The biggest problem I have with GS is that half the time I go for pre-owned Vita games to add to the collection, they don't have the box art. The games are well priced (particularly Supremacy MMA), but good luck finding one, albeit with the box art.

Are there really only 14​2? Huh, I thought it was more. I know the other big problematic ones are going to be the kickstarter-only physical Vita releases if I miss them (like Muv-Luv :( ), so now I know to keep my eye out for them and get on it.

bread's done
Back