PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't even know about the booklet. You'd think that would be something that would be mentioned on the publisher's website.

Didn't even know about the booklet. You'd think that would be something that would be mentioned on the publisher's website. <sigh>
GS exclusive and I guess they don't want to make other retailers lose their pre-orders for a physical vita game.

Is Atelier Ayesha a good starting point to the series?
Yeah, I'd say so. It's the first in the Dusk series so you're starting out fresh, though personally I found the Arland trilogy to have better characters and plot. Not 'plot!' but yeah, not many people play the Atelier for that. I hope.

Get it from BB if you have GCU: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sword-art-online-lost-song-ps-vita/8924019.p

Glad this SAO is getting a physical release, unlike Hollow Fragment.
No BB where I live. GCU is a good overall deal, but with the nearest store 45 miles away it would cost too much in the event of needing to return something in person or mailing it back and paying shipping. IF they ever bring a store here, I would definitely go that route when there aren't exclusive's or other things to tempt me elsewhere.

I pre-ordered mine at GS, but I already saw the booklet since last week at another GS, they had it in the drawer and had a lot of them, maybe 25? Its in the biggest mall here so maybe a lot of people are pre-ordering it because at the gs I ordered it they hadn't received the booklet, I might be the only reserve for it there lol. Anyways, the booklet is similar in size and shape to the japanese Booklet of SAO Infinity Moment. BTW you can get the booklet w the PS4 version as well.
My kids want me to get the PS4 version but I'd rather spend $20 less since I already have Hollow Fragment on Vita and I know with Black Ops 3 and Fall Out 4 coming out, my kids are already fighting enough over PS4 game time. If GS locally says they have the booklet, I may just get it tomorrow when it comes out. If not, Amazon is probably my best bet at which case I can probably wait a while on it.

As someone who doesn't know anything about fighting games, which fighting game should I pick up first? I want to limit myself to one game per genre at first and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up getting UMvC3 for the characters but I think I'd also like a game with lots of single player content. It seems like MK and BlazBlue are my best options there. Which one?

Got a reply about Teslagrad's Physical Vita Release...

On this we are working with Soedesco.
At the moment though we will be releasing digitally in both areas, only
Europe is getting the physical right away.
Soedesco are still working on distribution in the US.
For our part we sure hope it works out.

They are available for direct questions on Twitter. Time it right and
you will know about the US physical release even before we do.
Sorry that I did not have any better news.
So it looks like EU gets a physical release first.

Digging into soedesco.com, they had already posted something about this back on the 4th...

Where can I buy Teslagrad for PlayStation VITA?

Earlier today we unveiled the releasedate for Teslagrad for PlayStation VITA. It has been a long time coming and we are really proud that we can soon offer the game on handheld for the first time.

However, offering indie games on a platform like the VITA is not always an easy task. Our loyal fans have been very vocal about their enthusiasm for the VITA version and we want to make sure that everyone knows what there’re up to.

For that reason, we will be updating this blogpost with information on where the game in available. At the moment we don’t have the final details yet, and we think it’s super important that you always get the correct information. So keep an eye on this space for all the latest details about availability.

TO BE CONTINUED!

So... don't expect it next week outside of PSN. At least a physical version appears to be in the works and it is still expected to get published in North America but after the Eu version comes out.

No BB where I live. GCU is a good overall deal, but with the nearest store 45 miles away it would cost too much in the event of needing to return something in person or mailing it back and paying shipping. IF they ever bring a store here, I would definitely go that route when there aren't exclusive's or other things to tempt me elsewhere.

My kids want me to get the PS4 version but I'd rather spend $20 less since I already have Hollow Fragment on Vita and I know with Black Ops 3 and Fall Out 4 coming out, my kids are already fighting enough over PS4 game time. If GS locally says they have the booklet, I may just get it tomorrow when it comes out. If not, Amazon is probably my best bet at which case I can probably wait a while on it.
There is also the digital preorder of the ps4 lost song which gives you free re hollow fragments on the ps4. Idk if you can still preorder on psn for it. But you get the new game AND re: hollow fragments with proper corrections in the translations instead of the crappy translated older version you have for the vita (that includes the vita psn USA store version)

As someone who doesn't know anything about fighting games, which fighting game should I pick up first? I want to limit myself to one game per genre at first and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up getting UMvC3 for the characters but I think I'd also like a game with lots of single player content. It seems like MK and BlazBlue are my best options there. Which one?
Between those two probably umvc3 since you are not not fighting games. Is easier to play and has more recognizable characters. Is easier and once you are better it can become a difficult game in higher settings. Plus umvc3 is the harder to get since license expired a few ago already.

Between those two probably umvc3 since you are not not fighting games. Is easier to play and has more recognizable characters. Is easier and once you are better it can become a difficult game in higher settings. Plus umvc3 is the harder to get since license expired a few ago already.
Yeah I've noticed that. The other games are <$20 new but UMvC3 is more expensive. I just bought it now for $20 used.

UMvC3 has more than just the base fighting game, there's a whole side game that came as an update.  It has game modifiers given out as cards with legions of characters not included in the game in any other way that you get to pick from and use in a territory take over kind of thing.  It's hard to describe well, but I was really amazed at that update and put a lot of time into it a few weeks ago.  BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, I also own and put some time in with recently.  It's more technical a fighter, but still really good.  If you don't know the characters (like me) but you know more of the Marvel and Capcom universe then UMvC3 is actually a much better investment.  But as far as technical fighters go, BlazBlue is leagues above it.

Personally, I'd figure out what stores near me had UMvC3 and would plan to take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 on used games on black friday.  It's not that far off and saving some money on higher priced vita games is easier to stomach that way.   (EDIT: NM, I see you got it already.)

As for Lost Song on PS4, my kids would have to save their money for that version.  They've known about the HF updated version being free with it since the preorder went up.   But I guess they weren't as interested in getting it.   I just want the vita version because that's the platform I'll play it on, I'm not always near wifi, and I don't want to remote play and compete with my kids for the ps4.

Thanks. I'll probably hit up a few stores on black friday anyway to see if I can take advantage of that deal because I just got a vita so I don't have any games for it yet. Might as well build a backlog now while the deals are good. I just wanted to buy at least one game now so I have something to play from when my vita arrives until then.

There is also the digital preorder of the ps4 lost song which gives you free re hollow fragments on the ps4. Idk if you can still preorder on psn for it. But you get the new game AND re: hollow fragments with proper corrections in the translations instead of the crappy translated older version you have for the vita (that includes the vita psn USA store version)
Still available at time of posting: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/sword-art-online-lost-song/cid=UP0700-CUSA02823_00-SAOLOSTSONG00000

I'm going with the Vita version. I played Hollow Fragment on Vita and want to continue the experience there. It somehow feels more SAO to play on Vita than on a tv.

Thanks. I'll probably hit up a few stores on black friday anyway to see if I can take advantage of that deal because I just got a vita so I don't have any games for it yet. Might as well build a backlog now while the deals are good. I just wanted to buy at least one game now so I have something to play from when my vita arrives until then.
Unless I am blind, the only advert for Black Friday PSVita games is Gamestop in NA.

Persona Dancing $39.99

Freedom Wars $5

BlazBlu: Chrono $29.99

I'm betting that there are some hidden sales, but I'm not holding out. Walmart and Best Buy would be the most likely places to have unadvertised Vita games, as both store adverts have "and other games" on the list.

Target probably finished dumping all their PSVita games, and might not have any for BF, so they would surprise me if they had any at all.

Unless I am blind, the only advert for Black Friday PSVita games is Gamestop in NA.

Persona Dancing $39.99

Freedom Wars $5

I'm betting that there are some hidden sales, but I'm not holding out. Walmart and Best Buy would be the most likely places to have unadvertised Vita games, as both store adverts have "and other games" on the list.

Target probably finished dumping all their PSVita games, and might not have any for BF, so they would surprise me if they had any at all.
Does Best Buy not have any vita games? I haven't been to a BB in a while but they have a B2G1 sale on used games.

Does Best Buy not have any vita games? I haven't been to a BB in a while but they have a B2G1 sale on used games.
My local Best Buy (as of last week) had a total of 7 different Vita games. Of the 7, 3 of the New Titles were Minecraft, Corpse party and Persona:Dancing.

From what I remember the used games had

Little Deviants

MLB 14

Freedom Wars

and one other all around $15.

So yeah, either my Best Buy sells a good amount of Vita games, or they don't bother ordering more then 5 of any title.

Persona Dancing $39.99

Freedom Wars $5

yes Target is done, they have nothing left in their stores anymore except for the PS TV and PS TV bundle

its safe to say they pretty much never have used vita games on the shelf in store, as far as brand new games they only have like 5 or less titles

As someone who owns both MK and UMVC3 I actually think I enjoy MK a little more, but that may also be because I'm a little better at it and have a stronger grasp of that game's mechanics and timing. I also like the story mode in MK more than the "card" mode on Marvel and unlocking everything in the krypt is fun. I put serious time into the PS3 version and won alot of the online trophies.

That's not to say UMVC3 is a bad game or anything. Of course the characters are more recognizable and loved by the average person. The game moves at a much faster pace and the combos and such are far easier to perform than they were in MvC2. Also like everyone said it's harder to find. Im just making my case for liking the single player content in MK a bit more.

I stopped at an "urban" gamestop today and was able to find Akiba's Trip, touch my katamari, and One piece world unlimited red (day one edition) all complete.  

I pre-ordered mine at GS, but I already saw the booklet since last week at another GS, they had it in the drawer and had a lot of them, maybe 25? Its in the biggest mall here so maybe a lot of people are pre-ordering it because at the gs I ordered it they hadn't received the booklet, I might be the only reserve for it there lol. Anyways, the booklet is similar in size and shape to the japanese Booklet of SAO Infinity Moment. BTW you can get the booklet w the PS4 version as well.
Ah, so Lost Song had an artbook pre order bonus? Dont see it listed on the site anymore. I was wondering why i had it pre-ordered there when i also had it pre-ordered at BBY. I must have planned on grabbing the book and returning the GS version. Thanks for the heads up

By the way. For some reason when i was in Best Buy they had gotten like 5 mint looking copies of Persona 4 Dancing all Night Disco fever LE in stock. It was weird. They were just sitting on the shelf in the nearly empty vita section. Just a heads up to anyone that wanted one with GCU to check your stores if you dont want to risk their crappy shipping

Well that's disappointing. I might as well skip black friday then this year because the only other thing on my list was a computer mouse and I'm not going shopping just for that.

At least now I have an excuse to buy more vita games right now instead of next week.

Well that's disappointing. I might as well skip black friday then this year because the only other thing on my list was a computer mouse and I'm not going shopping just for that.

At least now I have an excuse to buy more vita games right now instead of next week.
Um, Buy 2 get 1 free on Used games at Gamestop on Black Friday is the perfect excuse as far as getting used games go.

Um, Buy 2 get 1 free on Used games at Gamestop on Black Friday is the perfect excuse as far as getting used games go.
Yeah but I'm primarily a commute gamer (+ some PC on the weekends) so I don't actually own any systems besides my new vita and the 3DS, which I'll probably sell for funds to build up my vita library. Maybe I could try to score a few more 3DS titles that I haven't played yet before I sell it.

Didn't even know about the booklet. You'd think that would be something that would be mentioned on the publisher's website. <sigh>
I know right? I totally forgot about it. The thing looked pretty nice too. Dammit.

Get it from BB if you have GCU: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sword-art-online-lost-song-ps-vita/8924019.p

Glad this SAO is getting a physical release, unlike Hollow Fragment.
I really couldn't imagine trying to play HF on my PS4. The game is so incredibly long and some parts are pretty slow with a lot of backtracking and stuff, so it kinda makes mutitasking and using suspend/resume a requirement for me.

I really couldn't imagine trying to play HF on my PS4. The game is so incredibly long and some parts are pretty slow with a lot of backtracking and stuff, so it kinda makes mutitasking and using suspend/resume a requirement for me.
Couldn't you just use the suspend/resume feature on your PS4 by putting it in Rest Mode?

Couldn't you just use the suspend/resume feature on your PS4 by putting it in Rest Mode?
I use it sometimes, but I've had stupid little problems with it. In TW3 it made my playtime some crazy number that must have added the time it was resting and I think it was DA:Inquistion where it would make it skip the cutscenes. I've barely played my PS4 though, so maybe it works better with different games.

I have soedesco's Twitter account set for notifications on my phone in case they shoot out details on the Vita Teslagrad release. I need to get into my PS+ collection and see if I locked it in when the console version was free so I can try it out.

Yeah but I'm primarily a commute gamer (+ some PC on the weekends) so I don't actually own any systems besides my new vita and the 3DS, which I'll probably sell for funds to build up my vita library. Maybe I could try to score a few more 3DS titles that I haven't played yet before I sell it.
The used deal is on any used games regardless of platform... I plan to get mainly Vita games and some 3DS stuff during that deal since portable games fit in my limited game time better than consoles.

I was wondering if PS1 game saves (in this case ff7) can be transferred between accounts. A friend of mine just got a vita, so to save money, we're gonna gameshare for a bit. So, would it be possible for my friend to start a game under my account and then transfer the save to their account own at a future point in time?

I was wondering if PS1 game saves (in this case ff7) can be transferred between accounts. A friend of mine just got a vita, so to save money, we're gonna gameshare for a bit. So, would it be possible for my friend to start a game under my account and then transfer the save to their account own at a future point in time?
I believe the game itself is tied to your account but the save file can be transferred with a usb.

I'm fairly positive that's not possible with the Vita. You can have both systems on the account but the saves are tied to the PSN id of the person that owns the game and probably the system as well. You can both be on the same account and download the game and as long as one of you stays offline you can both play, but getting that save to transfer later will be a pain and most likely impossible without hacking.

If he had a PSP, this actually wouldn't be an issue (not just due to hacking but you can legit share games pretty easily).

I looked at other ways to maybe do this, like if you create a Sub Account under your account then he'd have his own PSN account and the saves would be tied to that, but unlike PS3, what I read everywhere is that Sub Accounts can't download stuff from the Master account on Vita. If they could though, and you had a PS4 then you could convert the Sub Account later to a Master Account when he's ready.

IMO the best option is just for him to sign up for his own PSN account and if you want to do something nice for him, grab a $20 PSN card so he can buy a game he actually wants to play or loan him a physical release game. Keep in mind too that usually the end of January and early August are the big Square-Enix sales... so he can load up on many of those games then on the cheap. Oh and if you do go the route of sharing the account ... if he goes online with his system I read that it'll kick your system off or vice versa. I haven't tried this myself to see what happens as I'm only playing my Vita or PSTV but never both at the same time.

It's too bad they didn't make the Vita more share friendly like the PS3 with two systems. Even the PS4 has some ability to share games, though it's trickier than the PS3 which just out right lets you do it without setting one system as the master.

UPDATE ON LIMITED RUN GAMES SATURDAY MORNING RPG :vita: :ps4:

Pre-Orders were supposed to start this month and ship in January but instead they are waiting until the game is finish and in hand so here is the updated info for the :ps4: Version 

January 15th, 2016

Sales will go live at 10:00AM EST, with 990 being available. Another 990 will be available at 6:00PM EST. The total run will be 1,980 copies. We will announce details on the Vita version in January. Bear in mind this date is still subject to change, as the game is currently in QA with Sony.

It will be a limit of 2 copies per person/household during the 1st 24 hours.

And the reason for two different order windows is to give people in different time zones a chance to order. 

Thanks for posting the info dreamer131313.  That's a much better option than the sale going live on Black Friday like it was scheduled.  That day is crazy enough!  Hopefully the vita version won't be too far into 2016.

Just got an email from NFM. Child of light order has been cancelled since the manufacturer no longer makes the item.
I bet all the Toukiden Kiwami orders will also be cancelled. I guess it was too good to be true.

EDIT: My order status shows "shipped", but says "Direct from Vendor". So who knows, it might actually happen.

I ordered both Child of Light and Toukiden from NFM, but I'm still waiting on an email from them. Hopefully they don't cancel my orders.

I bet all the Toukiden Kiwami orders will also be cancelled. I guess it was too good to be true.

EDIT: My order status shows "shipped", but says "Direct from Vendor". So who knows, it might actually happen.
My email receipt for Toukiden Kiwami and SMT DS2:RB says "Factory Direct Shipping" and the Order Confirmation from the site (Printed to PDF when I placed the order) says "Factory Direct Delivery".

I hit the site and logged in and it was split into two shipments, the one for Toukiden Kiwami says "Estimated Arrival 11/23/15" where as the SMT DS2:RB just says "Shipped". Edit: I ordered the games Monday morning.

Nicely like others my email receipt showed the higher shipping rate but the charge to my card and the site itself confirms the 2.49 shipping cost. So I think all is good on that front.

My email receipt for Toukiden Kiwami and SMT DS2:RB says "Factory Direct Shipping" and the Order Confirmation from the site (Printed to PDF when I placed the order) says "Factory Direct Delivery".

I hit the site and logged in and it was split into two shipments, the one for Toukiden Kiwami says "Estimated Arrival 11/23/15" where as the SMT DS2:RB just says "Shipped". Edit: I ordered the games Monday morning.

Nicely like others my email receipt showed the higher shipping rate but the charge to my card and the site itself confirms the 2.49 shipping cost. So I think all is good on that front.
Mine says "Estimated order availability 11/23/15" for both orders and the delivery option for both is "Factory Direct Delivery"

My Child of Light was also cancelled. No word on Toukiden Kiwami.

ETA:

Toukiden Kiwami shows "Shipped"

Child of Light shows "Estimated Arrival 11/23/15". My guess is that anyone showing this will get their order cancelled via email.

I ordered Toukiden and Child of Light from NFM, and also received the discontinued/cancellation email for CoL.

My Child of Light was also cancelled. No word on Toukiden Kiwami.

ETA:

Toukiden Kiwami shows "Shipped"

Child of Light shows "Estimated Arrival 11/23/15". My guess is that anyone showing this will get their order cancelled via email.
I'm going through the same thing

[quote name="oscargrouch" post="13037320" timestamp="1447869313"]Just got an email from NFM. Child of light order has been cancelled since the manufacturer no longer makes the item.[/quote]
Same here. I guess that means they oversold their inventory.

Is there a place to check order status if you purchased as a guest on NFM?
I think if you register an account with the email address used to place the order there is a good chance you will be able to see the order and track the status that way.

So far no cancellation on my order yet... I could live without Toukiden Kiwami if that happens... but I was really happy to find a decent deal on SMT Devil Survivor 2 RB for my DS/3DS library.

I think if you register an account with the email address used to place the order there is a good chance you will be able to see the order and track the status that way.
Didn't work for me, order history is blank.

So far no cancellation of Toukiden Kiwami or Child of Light. I wouldn't mind CoL being cancelled but I really want TK.

-Edit- Bye bye CoL. Have it on PS4 so no biggie.

Didn't work for me, order history is blank.

So far no cancellation of Toukiden Kiwami or Child of Light. I wouldn't mind CoL being cancelled but I really want TK.

-Edit- Bye bye CoL. Have it on PS4 so no biggie.
Same here. TK was like $20 cheaper

bread's done
Back