PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be too sure..... Just looked at their actual press release... And it is quite plainly there. The press release came on Friday, November 20th. The ads would have had to be printed before then.

Also, the B2G1 starts on WEDNESDAY for PRU members, and Friday for everyone else. Here's the link:

http://news.gamestop.com/press-release/consumer/gamestop-reveals-black-friday-week-deals

That's the actual press release from GS Corporate.

ITS ALL BACK ON THE TABLE FOLKS. I might just pick up a few extra Vita / 3DS consoles for the hell of it.

Here is the part that is interesting:

GameStop’s Black Friday Weekend features pre-owned deals full of savings, complemented by its Buy 2 Get One Free offer on all pre-owned games and consoles with PowerUp Rewards members given early access on Wednesday, November 25:

• Select Xbox One or PS4 pre-owned titles for $9.99. Titles like Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Ryse: Son of Rome
  • 250GB PS3 and 320GB Xbox 360 hardware systems for only $119.99
  • Original Xbox 360 for $39.99 (after $40 mail-in rebate) and 80GB PS3 for only $79.99
  • Nintendo 3DS for $79.99 and 3DS XL $99.99

These offers are valid from Black Friday, November 27 through Sunday, November 29, unless otherwise indicated; selection may vary by location and while supplies last
Nice, hopefully not everyone catches on to this so I can get the games I been looking for lol.

Just the actual console, no awesome side goodies. eh
Like The LEGO Movie game lol (yes I'm aware there's an 8GB card too)

The controller is nice, but I'd prefer the PS4 controller because it's more comfortable. Unfortunately that puts the controller at 2-3 times the price of the PSTV, which makes it a hard sell.

Edit: and too bad GCU doesn't apply.

Vita is on cartwheel at Target. 15% off. Will stack with 10% coupon in ad (or text LIST to TARGET). Picked one up for $153 after red card and 8% sales tax. It was the plain jane version, so I'm going to check the other two Targets not too far out of my way to see if they have the Borderlands bundle instead and return this one.

"Gutted" really doesn't work so much when nothing even comes with it except for the game.
But display copies have been touched by a million grubby fingers. Once I saw a case that was all scratched to hell from being kicked around the store it seems. When I asked the guy if he had any sealed copies, and he said no, I just put it back.

So i watched that Neptunia U video. Dosn't seem too bad actually. Made me chuckle a few times. Honestly i think the biggest problem will be the little blue Jelly Bears. She'll probably think they're too cute and wont want to kill them =P

Strange thing though. The 'costume break' which was the only kinda 'errr wtf' moment didn't happen in the video like it did on the one Mitch posted. Whats up with that? In the first video posted the clothes seemed to get knocked off but there was no pervy 'costume break' scene

Also. WHat the heck is the difference between CPU scenario and Candidate scenario?
Dogoos are cute.
Weekend_In_Leanbox_screenshot.png

Sometimes when you get the costume break while you're in the middle of performing a move, it skips the break animation. I know, I feel cheated every time too.

There are 10 characters. 4 are CPUs/goddesses/main characters(Neptune, Noire, Vert, Blanc), 4 Candidates/little sisters(Nepgear, Uni, Rom, Ram), and 2 Journalists/Reporters(Dengeki, Famitsu). In the beginning you choose whether you're going the CPU or Candidates path, BUT it doesn't really matter because after the first mission, you can play the other characters immediately. There's really no difference between the paths. You do the same quests and see the same events. It's just do you want to play level 1a first or 1b first, either way you're going to play the one you don't choose right after.

Not sure how you feel about Platinuming games, but getting the Nep U plat was rough. What you have to do is easy enough, but it was just a massive time suck. Just mash square for about 80 hours.

I want to grab a second vita tv since this one is pretty low (and it gives me a reason to use a $5 certificate), but it would take away from the black friday funds I have. I mean it's only $20 and I could use that for a couple vita games..... fuck it where's my credit card​

I'm sort of in the same boat. Kinda want it, but also want to save for other stuff.

But to be honest, there's only one thing I plan to get on Black Friday. I'll also probably get something from the PSN and eshop sales, but I have plenty of credit for those.

I ordered a PSTV but then changed my mind when I found out you can't use third party controllers on it. I might just keep it anyway and bide my time for a deal on a DS3. The uh, potential, for a PSTV is pretty appealing.

Bit on the BB PSTV deal. I'm interested to try Vita games on a TV.

Visa Checkout finally sent me a $20 BB code so I ordered SAO Lost Song for $14 :D

PlayAsia just sent out an e-mail about a new Japanese rogue-a-like game for the Vita titled "Omega Labyrinth". Yet another JP game unlikely to see a "western" release.:

http://www.play-asia.com/omega-labyrinth/13/70929z?sc1=N370541545
I came across this on Play-Asia the other day. Dat premise....

And the pre-order bonuses, lol.

it was the one I started with. Most people say to either start with that one or meruru since the have the most updated gameplay and such.
Ayesha is also the start of the most recent trilogy (the first game of the next one just came out in Japan this week) and I believe Meruru is the end of the previous one (though I always jumble the order of that one).

Ayesha is also the start of the most recent trilogy (the first game of the next one just came out in Japan this week) and I believe Meruru is the end of the previous one (though I always jumble the order of that one).
The Arland trilogy is Rorona, Totori, Meruru.
The Dusk trilogy is Ayesha, E&L, Shallie.

I'll repeat my opinion and say play Arland, starting with Rorona plus (digital vita only I believe) and skip the boring dusk trilogy.

The Arland trilogy is Rorona, Totori, Meruru.
The Dusk trilogy is Ayesha, E&L, Shallie.

I'll repeat my opinion and say play Arland, starting with Rorona plus (digital vita only I believe) and skip the boring dusk trilogy.
nope rorona plus is physical on ps3 too which is the version i have since it was 18$ at gamestop.

We had seventeen of these on the shelf two nights ago. I went to grab one at the end of my shift earlier today and they were all gone!?! Seriously would love to know if they truly all sold out in six hours time or if something else is going on.
Probably all got pulled overnight to fill the flood of online orders.

I think JP got physical of Arland at least but I doubt you want to try and play these without being able to read them. :rofl:
meh some people here either know enough moon runes to get by, understand jpn even, don't care about understanding it or use translation guides or video walkthroughs with subs. Personally I agree its not fun for me to play a game I cannot understand. Unless its something where the story isn't very good to begin with.

Too bad there are not any physical english asian versions like with some other games. As that would at least give some options to people who want the vita versions but don't want to shell out for it at expensive prices for digital plus memory cards. on a related note I picked up a vita tv since that one awesome poster mentioned they were 20$ at bestbuy online. Now I just need to figure out how I am gonna manage stuff since I'm pretty sure I will need a new memory card for it and I think I'm already at max account registered between my vita ps3 and psp. Unless the tv doesn't require it to use digital games from my account.

Has anyone mentioned that Rakuten will have the OG Vita for $150?

I mean, up to you if you want or don't want to spend that much on an OG, but hey, just throwin' it out there.

Source

I can't believe $60 on sale is the price for a 32 gb memory card. I just picked up the PSTV bundle for $50 from Best Buy last Thursday, and I guess the 8 gb memory card that came with it will have to suffice. Time to get physical  :wall:.

DEEMO THE LAST RECITAL coming with Eng Subs. January 2016 on Play-Asia. It's a rhythm game

http://www.play-asia.com/deemo-the-last-recital-chinese-english-subs/13/709hgp - Standard Edition

http://www.play-asia.com/deemo-the-last-recital-limited-edition-chinese-english-subs/13/709ho5 - Limited Edition
Thanks for pointing this out. Deemo is made by the same folks that made Cytus. Both of which I played on iOS. Cytus, IMO, is vastly superior with a bigger range of music with a great flow in the gameplay department... but Deemo is a pretty good game as well. It has a little tiny micro point&click adventure style component (Maybe 3 or 4 screens) as it's menu system. I wish instead of this they would just publish a physical version of Cytus with all the songs and added trophy support. They had a slightly cut down version out on PS Mobile, but that went defunct before I found out or I would have happily bought it just to have it on my Vita as Cytus is my favorite music game.

I wouldn't be too sure..... Just looked at their actual press release... And it is quite plainly there. The press release came on Friday, November 20th. The ads would have had to be printed before then.

Also, the B2G1 starts on WEDNESDAY for PRU members, and Friday for everyone else. Here's the link:

http://news.gamestop.com/press-release/consumer/gamestop-reveals-black-friday-week-deals
Thanks for posting that, I didn't know about the Wednesday deal... that may save me from even going out Friday. Something I wanted to point out (but I typically don't post on the weekends), the ad that GS was giving out in stores was a Black Friday Preview. I don't think it was meant to be the full sale as they certainly want to hide the buy 2 get 1 deal and the system deals from the back page of the full ad so as to not cannibalize other advertised sales. I

Side note to all that, I've watched enough video now of HDN Action Unleashed that I want to actually play that game. For something similar action wise, One Piece Unlimited World Red is good fun plus it has a nice Mario Sunshine'esque hub world to explore. I'd easily let any of my kids play that.

I can't believe $60 on sale is the price for a 32 gb memory card. I just picked up the PSTV bundle for $50 from Best Buy last Thursday, and I guess the 8 gb memory card that came with it will have to suffice. Time to get physical :wall:.
Curious what shape your PSTV bundle arrived in. Mine showed up over the weekend and the bundle box looked like it had been used for a warehouse soccer match. Ironically they then packaged this disaster with a million air pillows inside a nice sturdy big shipping box. /sigh

A few of my local stores have the bundle in stock so I'm going to try to swap it out tonight.

A better person would do more research, I'd rather just slap a question in the Vita thread.

Those that own both a Vita and the PSTV:

Do you find that it's a pain when you switch the card between devices (with the icon rearranging and such)?

Would it be worth my time to buy a second memory card for the PSTV (I have a 64gb card in the handheld)?

According to the pricing spreadsheet, there are no BF deals for Vita memory.

I swear the PSTV is based on the old razor model. $20 for the console, but $60 for memory cards.
...that's actually the marketing scheme for ALL game consoles. The difference is that you're being exploited for exorbitant game fees.

Has anyone mentioned that Rakuten will have the OG Vita for $150?

I mean, up to you if you want or don't want to spend that much on an OG, but hey, just throwin' it out there.

Source
im a little interested in this, not finding it on their website though, only see white creed bundle and slim version

bread's done
Back