PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Dogoos are cute.
Weekend_In_Leanbox_screenshot.png

Sometimes when you get the costume break while you're in the middle of performing a move, it skips the break animation. I know, I feel cheated every time too.

There are 10 characters. 4 are CPUs/goddesses/main characters(Neptune, Noire, Vert, Blanc), 4 Candidates/little sisters(Nepgear, Uni, Rom, Ram), and 2 Journalists/Reporters(Dengeki, Famitsu). In the beginning you choose whether you're going the CPU or Candidates path, BUT it doesn't really matter because after the first mission, you can play the other characters immediately. There's really no difference between the paths. You do the same quests and see the same events. It's just do you want to play level 1a first or 1b first, either way you're going to play the one you don't choose right after.
Is that what those jelly bears are called? Yea they're adorable. She wont want to kill them. Ah thanks for the info. Thats odd about the costume break. So it doen'st happen if your in the middle of mashing buttons then eh? Weird. I guess by your description it makes no difference if you pick CPU or Candidate at the start then? I suppose you can jut pick whatever the top one is.

By the way, one thing i forgot to mention about Neptunia U was that the dub from the videos actually seemed quite good. Im usually a fan of the JP version if its avaliblie but in the videos i saw the voice acting was really good. Especially for the purple haired girl. I may actually play the damn thing on dub when i get around to it.

Oh yea. I dont think anyone ever answered. Is there a difficulty setting for that game?

Thanks for pointing this out. Deemo is made by the same folks that made Cytus. Both of which I played on iOS. Cytus, IMO, is vastly superior with a bigger range of music with a great flow in the gameplay department... but Deemo is a pretty good game as well. It has a little tiny micro point&click adventure style component (Maybe 3 or 4 screens) as it's menu system. I wish instead of this they would just publish a physical version of Cytus with all the songs and added trophy support. They had a slightly cut down version out on PS Mobile, but that went defunct before I found out or I would have happily bought it just to have it on my Vita as Cytus is my favorite music game.

Side note to all that, I've watched enough video now of HDN Action Unleashed that I want to actually play that game. For something similar action wise, One Piece Unlimited World Red is good fun plus it has a nice Mario Sunshine'esque hub world to explore. I'd easily let any of my kids play that.
The Deemo LImited edition is now up for Pre-order on Play-Asia for $69.99, and shipping is over $30! Probably because they have the dimensions of the box incorrect, as it is listed as being almost 7 feet long.

http://www.play-asia.com/deemo-the-last-recital-chinese-english-subs/13/709hgp?affiliate_id=1867233&autoplay=1

There's no way that can be correct......right?
What is the difference between the standard and Limited edition version of Deemo? The site over on play-asia doesn't really mention what the LE comes with. Its like double the price so i would really need to know what it had before i thought of snagging it.

As for the game itself can anyone recommend it? you mention another game they made called Cytus that was good. Is it pretty easy to play with the English subs on? I'm assuming the menu's and junk are in English? I like the art style of it. I'll probably snag a copy but dont know if it will be the STD or LE one

Ah. I didn't think of Unlimited world red. I think i only have a copy of that that i bought for myself. Wasn't the vita version GS exclusive? That would make finding a new copy kinda hard by now.

I was at Walmart earlier and ran into some clearance accessories. Got a car charger and extra charge cord for $4.99 each. Also saw the charge station for $11.99, leather case $7.99, and power brick for $4.99. Happy hunting

Should I buy vita or at this point don't bother
If there are games you want, go for it. Just realize what you're buying in to. A system completely supported by Japanese third parties at this point with most of the good games getting a PS4 sequel or port.

Does anyone here know if the Asian English version of Sly Cooper Collection has all three games on cart? Reviews on Play-Asia seem to indicate so, but I don't see anything else on it anywhere.

As for the game itself can anyone recommend it? you mention another game they made called Cytus that was good. Is it pretty easy to play with the English subs on? I'm assuming the menu's and junk are in English? I like the art style of it. I'll probably snag a copy but dont know if it will be the STD or LE one.
I played both of these on android phone (not sure if available on ios) and they are nice gems if you're looking for rhythm games. I would say that Cytus gameplay is similar to that of Superbeat Xonic while the music is varied and more along the lines of the DJ Max line of games.

Deemo tracks are mainly comprised (if not all) of piano melodies that vary in intensity. Think more contemporary classical-like tracks that are lighter than your average rhythm game. Gameplay for this is similar DJ Max series where you touch the keys (like a piano) when it reaches the bottom.

Both games had tracks that would release after a certain number of downloads of the game were met in different tiers, I recall some of them for Cytus was like 500,000 and 1 million downloads. I never could really figure out how the songs in Deemo unlocked after getting all of the base songs.

I would love to pick up Deemo, but like you I am in the same boat and more details of what the limited edition comes with would greatly impact which version I get.

So decided on the following 3 games definitely for B2G1 tomorrow:

Akiba's Trip
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
Ys: Memories of Celceta
I think I'm going with:

Uncharted Golden Abyss
Batman Blackgate
Injustice Complete Edition

When I checked a couple days ago my local store had all 3 of those in stock cib, and they were all priced pretty close to each other. That particular GS actually had quite a few other preowned games as well. They had 2 copies of modnation racers road trip and it was like $4.99.

If there are games you want, go for it. Just realize what you're buying in to. A system completely supported by Japanese third parties at this point with most of the good games getting a PS4 sequel or port.

Yeah. Looks like the only thing good is the rpg games. Wish they did something like for ps4 game purchase comes with the vita digital

hi there i need help

if i use trade credit to buy games online, is there an option to reserve the game to pickup the game tomorrow directly from the store counter??? (dont want to ship at home)

do reply and thanks in advance

hi there i need help

if i use trade credit to buy games online, is there an option to reserve the game to pickup the game tomorrow directly from the store counter??? (dont want to ship at home)

Assuming you mean at Gamestop? You can't buy it but you can put a hold in and go to the store and buy it.

hi there. need a little help

do gamestop employees accept the PUR card/code of a friend if i go tomorrow instore and apply the code on purchase. or will they ask for the friends card??

hi there. need a little help

do gamestop employees accept the PUR card/code of a friend if i go tomorrow instore and apply the code on purchase. or will they ask for the friends card??

Why are you asking the same question in three different threads? I'm sure if you post it once on a thread that involves Gamestop someone will answer your question.

I'll admit I'm a complete noob at anime and turn based games. Since the vitas life is now JRPG, anyone got any recommendation for a newb? I've played most of persona 4 and older games like Skies of Arcadia. However when I look at videos and screen shots now, the games are riddled with huge breast teenage looking girls, it's and instant turn off.

Any suggestions?

Received my copy of Hyperdimension Rebirth 3 from BB. I recorded the unboxing on my phone just in case there was a problem, but luckily the game was recognized, installed, and able to run.

Traded in my Vita and all of the games I had for it last year. I was to the point where I just couldn't see the value for holding on to it anymore, and figured it was better at that point then to wait. Fast forward to mid-September this year, and I get an itch for it again... Wanting to replay some games I beat, try out some new ones... Because of the ease of use, I've been almost solely playing it, and have another 18 physical games and a handful of digital. But, as everybody has said, if you're not into a few specific genres at this point, it may be better to look elsewhere.

If i use a certifícate at Gamestop and that lowers the game price to less than the other two for the b2g1 I would think it makes the cert one free? Or will the system work to my favor? Just want to make sure before I decide how to plan my gs outing today.

I'll admit I'm a complete noob at anime and turn based games. Since the vitas life is now JRPG, anyone got any recommendation for a newb? I've played most of persona 4 and older games like Skies of Arcadia. However when I look at videos and screen shots now, the games are riddled with huge breast teenage looking girls, it's and instant turn off.

Any suggestions?
Umm maybe try Rhythm games?

Other than that JRPGS & Strategy games the VITA doesn't have much else coming out...

Maybe someone here can answer this for me: I want to stop at the Gamestop B2G1 later for Vita games and I have a $10 rewards cert to use. It has to be used on a single item, so would Gamestop apply the $10 to one of the B2G1 Games (the most expensive if possible)? Has anyone tried this?

As for the game itself can anyone recommend it? you mention another game they made called Cytus that was good. Is it pretty easy to play with the English subs on? I'm assuming the menu's and junk are in English? I like the art style of it. I'll probably snag a copy but dont know if it will be the STD or LE one

Ah. I didn't think of Unlimited world red. I think i only have a copy of that that i bought for myself. Wasn't the vita version GS exclusive? That would make finding a new copy kinda hard by now.
Vita version of Unlimited World Red is a GS exclusive, but hit GS and search the local stores you may find it used pretty easily. It would pair nicely with two other games during the buy 2 get 1 free sale on used games. If you've got cash to burn and demand a new copy, there are re-sellers on Amazon that have it as well as the publisher's store may have it.

As for Deemo, like mentioned in the other post... the music is all piano based. It's a good game, I played it on my iPhone because I loved Cytus so much. The story is all text captions and there really isn't a lot of text in the game to begin with. The point&click stuff is a very small part of the game though there are some hidden songs you find by tapping on different things. The main way to progress in the game is to play each song on each difficulty and get a good score. It's the kind of game where the notes fall down the screen (at an angle like classic guitar hero) and you tap/tap-hold/drag across them as they cross a point low on the screen. It takes getting used to but it's a solid game for the music genre.

As for the LE version... since they have nothing written up on what the difference is, I guess we'll have to wait to find out. I'm interested in just the plain version unless the LE version has more content or something meaningful.

Well today is going to be crazy. I've got four GS stores to stop at (two are a good 20min drive away in opposite directions). I plan mainly to get Vita and 3DS games... though I may grab a few DS & PS3 games if something I actually want helps fill out a purchase.

Umm maybe try Rhythm games?

Other than that JRPGS & Strategy games the VITA doesn't have much else coming out...
Sure in physical form... but the indie game scene is pretty well covered on the Vita as far as digital games go. There are a plethora of great platformers and other game genre well represented.

Damn. Sony must really think the Vita brand is poison. I got my Playstation TV in the mail today from best buy and the packaging talks about streaming PS3 games on PS Now, and using PS4 Remote Play... It like goes out of its way NOT to mention that it plays Vita games.

I just got my vita in the mail earlier this week. I don't know what you mean by "at this point" because the vita has a lot of great games right now. If there aren't any games you like right now or being released next year then yeah ,don't bother, but I don't know why you would even consider it in that case.

Any suggestions?
A new Earth Defense Force game comes out on December 8th, and though I know those games aren't for everyone, I highly recommend it if you are into fun run and gun shooters. I'm not much for the JRPG stuff either, but I've been a big fan of the EDF games for a few years now and I'm glad we are getting a physical version of the new game on Vita. I haven't looked much into the reviews or anything on it yet, but just going off the older EDF games, I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Do you feel like you fit in at the Japanese niche game thread? If yes, buy a Vita. If not, don't buy a Vita.
Ha, if I went by that qualification I wouldn't have bought the Vita!

I think anyone that is actually curious about the system should look at the library on store.playstation.com. Figure out what you are interested in playing and what you'd actually prefer to play in portable form. Heck look at all the games you may already own because of cross-buy, PS+, PS1 & PSP games. I had a good library of games to play even without spending a dime after getting the system.

Is that what those jelly bears are called? Yea they're adorable. She wont want to kill them. Ah thanks for the info. Thats odd about the costume break. So it doen'st happen if your in the middle of mashing buttons then eh? Weird. I guess by your description it makes no difference if you pick CPU or Candidate at the start then? I suppose you can jut pick whatever the top one is.

By the way, one thing i forgot to mention about Neptunia U was that the dub from the videos actually seemed quite good. Im usually a fan of the JP version if its avaliblie but in the videos i saw the voice acting was really good. Especially for the purple haired girl. I may actually play the damn thing on dub when i get around to it.

Oh yea. I dont think anyone ever answered. Is there a difficulty setting for that game?
Yes, yes, and yes.

Nep U is a little special in that it's the only Neptunia game so far with a full dub. Most of the main games only get like 10% of the voiced dialogue dubbed. It is also because there is a lot less dialogue in this game so I guess they felt they could do it all. I agree the english dub is okay, but I've been playing the japanese voices for so long, it's hard to switch over.

I don't think there's a difficulty option. But it's eternally set on easy modo. Enemies will surround you and attack maybe once every 15 seconds. You can just stand there and they just won't attack half the time.

Bought 15 PS Vita games from GameStop B2G1 free:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss               
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed     
Final Fantasy X-X2 HD
LEGO Jurassic World                   
Dragon's Crown                       
Soul Sacrifice
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection       
God of War Collection                 
Jak and Daxter Collection  
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1                         
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation     
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation 
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited                          
Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal  
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc  

What other games do you recommend? 

Maybe someone here can answer this for me: I want to stop at the Gamestop B2G1 later for Vita games and I have a $10 rewards cert to use. It has to be used on a single item, so would Gamestop apply the $10 to one of the B2G1 Games (the most expensive if possible)? Has anyone tried this?
So... I learned this the hard way with PSP games.

Assume you're getting two $15 games and a $10. On B2G1, you'd get the $10 game free. If they apply your $10 certificate to one of the $15 games, the system will recalculate and give you the (now $5) game free. So instead of paying $30 for $40 of games, you'll pay $25.

I was fortunate in that the GS employee stopped me before I paid because he noticed what had happened. Tried to get his manager to push it through so that I got the discount on the higher priced game and still got the (now middle) game free, but he refused because "That's not how this is meant to work".

Edit: Changed from $35 to $25 because I can't math.

So... I learned this the hard way with PSP games.

Assume you're getting two $15 games and a $10. On B2G1, you'd get the $10 game free. If they apply your $10 certificate to one of the $15 games, the system will recalculate and give you the (now $5) game free. So instead of paying $30 for $40 of games, you'll pay $35.

I was fortunate in that the GS employee stopped me before I paid because he noticed what had happened. Tried to get his manager to push it through so that I got the discount on the higher priced game and still got the (now middle) game free, but he refused because "That's not how this is meant to work".
Wow thanks for the info ! I was about to do the same thing but with two 10 certs

Damn. Sony must really think the Vita brand is poison. I got my Playstation TV in the mail today from best buy and the packaging talks about streaming PS3 games on PS Now, and using PS4 Remote Play... It like goes out of its way NOT to mention that it plays Vita games.
I noticed that. Playing Vita games is the PRIMARY FUNCTION of the device, and they specifically don't mention it. There's no way that wasn't intentional.

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD
LEGO Jurassic World
Dragon's Crown
Soul Sacrifice
God of War Collection

Damn. Your store had a pretty good used selection, at least until you went through there. I just did an in-store pickup request online for the three games I wanted and just confirmation that they are holding all three. I might grab three more if there's anything else worth using it on. I don't think my store had the God of War or Jak and Daxter collections.

Oh, and as far as other games, if you don't already have them, get Gravity Rush, Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, and AC III Liberation.

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD
I just wanna mention again in case you missed it, but FFX-2 is a digital download code. If you are buying it used, you are likely only getting half of what you paid for(FFX)

I noticed that. Playing Vita games is the PRIMARY FUNCTION of the device, and they specifically don't mention it. There's no way that wasn't intentional.
They went out of their way to rebrand the damn thing so people wouldn't know it as the vita tv.

The Sorcery Saga LE is on sale for $30 on Amazon and Aksys' store in case anyone is having a baby.

Muramasa's $20, TTGH $20, XBlaze:LM $30 (it shows it, but I can't find it), Code Embryo $20, and is BB:CPE $25 on their store too.

Shipping on the Deemo Limited Edition was corrected, it is now $9.99 for me. They must have fixed the box dimensions in their system. I had sent them an email about it and it was corrected this morning when I added it to cart again. Total was a $79.97

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD
LEGO Jurassic World
Dragon's Crown
Soul Sacrifice
God of War Collection

Well done

I picked up

Ys memories of Celecta

Child of Light

Disgaea 3 at one store

Hot shots golf

Tetris

Lumines at another store

I was had norn9 and code realize guardian of rebirth on hold at another store but I didn't bother picking them up after reading reviews and not seeing any other games at that store in the price range.

I am always a little wary buying used vita games and missing out on download codes but I think these are ok.

I noticed sly cooper collection is 19.99 at TRU but store pickup only

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/all-playstation-vita-games/sly-cooper-collection-for-sony-ps-vita-22159-35266806

The Sorcery Saga LE is on sale for $30 on Amazon and Aksys' store in case anyone is having a baby.
When this came out my kid was about one and a half and I got it with that intention since it's food safe and she was still using that kind of stuff. Unfortunately it was all smaller than you would expect and so not really usable.

I had to return my Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation to best buy due to a bad cart. I opened the plastic in store in front of the employee  to test it. the employee seemed to appreciate that, possibly sarcastically. 

Hit two Gamestop's during my lunch break... grabbed:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus

Injustice Ultimate Edition

Hyperdimension Neptunia U

Dragon's Crown

Batman Arkham Origins

Amazing Spiderman

Danganronpa 1

Danganronpa 2

Jak & Daxter Collection

Total after tax: $145.34 .. average price per game: $16.15

I nearly got overcharged on Danganronpa 2 but noticed when it rang up that it wasn't $29.99 - 10% but $31-something.  Nicely they had no issue fixing it.  The last 3 games are what drove the average price up... still I'm fine with that.

DS carts (the cheap ones in paper sleeves) were nearly gone from the shelves in both stores with just slim pickings left... maybe to prevent theft during BF chaos? For 3DS games, neither store had enough complete titles of stuff I wanted to entice me.

Damn. Your store had a pretty good used selection, at least until you went through there. I just did an in-store pickup request online for the three games I wanted and just confirmation that they are holding all three. I might grab three more if there's anything else worth using it on. I don't think my store had the God of War or Jak and Daxter collections.

Oh, and as far as other games, if you don't already have them, get Gravity Rush, Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, and AC III Liberation.
This GameStop had 27 used vita games and after I left, they had 12. :rofl:

Might go to more GameStops for those other vita games.

I just wanna mention again in case you missed it, but FFX-2 is a digital download code. If you are buying it used, you are likely only getting half of what you paid for(FFX)

They went out of their way to rebrand the damn thing so people wouldn't know it as the vita tv.
Guess, I'm going to return the used FFX-2 and get a new copy instead.

Well done

I picked up

Ys memories of Celecta

Child of Light

Disgaea 3 at one store

Hot shots golf

Tetris

Lumines at another store

I was had norn9 and code realize guardian of rebirth on hold at another store but I didn't bother picking them up after reading reviews and not seeing any other games at that store in the price range.

I am always a little wary buying used vita games and missing out on download codes but I think these are ok.

I noticed sly cooper collection is 19.99 at TRU but store pickup only

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/all-playstation-vita-games/sly-cooper-collection-for-sony-ps-vita-22159-35266806
I was going to go to a GameStop about 45 minutes away later for Norn 9 and Code Realize guardian of rebirth but might just skip those.

bread's done
Back