PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Frigging FRIG, I still can't decide whether to pick up J-Stars on Vita or PS3. I really want portability, and my PS3 is an original 60gb phat, so the less strain I put on that, the better; but at the same time, LOCAL FRIGGING MULTIPLAYER.

And I guess slightly better graphics or whatever. And not having to deal with vita memory cards.

Frigging FRIG, I still can't decide whether to pick up J-Stars on Vita or PS3. I really want portability, and my PS3 is an original 60gb phat, so the less strain I put on that, the better; but at the same time, LOCAL FRIGGING MULTIPLAYER.And I guess slightly better graphics or whatever. And not having to deal with vita memory cards.
You can play coop or vs in the PS3. It will split screen the tv

Muv Luv Backerkit question.. How long do we have to fill out our survey's they emailed us.? And how many of you have recieved your survey-email..?

Frigging FRIG, I still can't decide whether to pick up J-Stars on Vita or PS3. I really want portability, and my PS3 is an original 60gb phat, so the less strain I put on that, the better; but at the same time, LOCAL FRIGGING MULTIPLAYER.

And I guess slightly better graphics or whatever. And not having to deal with vita memory cards.
Vita.

Or both.

But def Vita.

I know, that's the reason I want it on PS3. I want it on Vita because portability.I can't decide which I want more, this is the problem.
I have it for the PS3 physical. Would recommend you pick it also for the ps3 if you are only buying one. Stages are pretty big and doing far away specials could be harder on the vita I would assume.

Might double dip and grab 3 more used Vita games if they are cib at the store tomorrow. Looking at Rayman Origins, Resistance Burning Skies, and Walking Dead S1.

[quote name="citizen" post="13061516" timestamp="1448580305"]Muv Luv Backerkit question.. How long do we have to fill out our survey's they emailed us.? And how many of you have recieved your survey-email..?[/quote]
I would like to know as well, I got into it without giving them money

Muv Luv Backerkit question.. How long do we have to fill out our survey's they emailed us.? And how many of you have recieved your survey-email..?
Already responded/answered the Backer Kit survey. Vaguely seem to recall somewhere saying they preferred a response within a month, but I may be wrong about that as it was rather late when I did the survey.

Might double dip and grab 3 more used Vita games if they are cib at the store tomorrow. Looking at Rayman Origins, Resistance Burning Skies, and Walking Dead S1.
Yeah, I'm about to check the inventory of the local stores via the website to see who may have what. Still no signs of any other deals for the Vita, maybe Cyber Monday will prove to be great again this year for Vita deals.

So hollow fragment is on sale for $10 on psn. I believe the psn version has an even better translation than the Asian cart? I own lost song so I wonder if I should buy this vita hollow fragment version. I know the ps4 has the best translation but I don't own a ps4. My guess is that there no new translation update on hollow for vita? Tia

My guess is that there no new translation update on hollow for vita? Tia
There is no translation update for Hollow Fragment on Vita. Only PS4 got the translation update.

The translation on Vita is fine. I don't remember any problem understanding the dialogue. The game also plays great on Vita, one of my favorites on the system.

There is no translation update for Hollow Fragment on Vita. Only PS4 got the translation update.

The translation on Vita is fine. I don't remember any problem understanding the dialogue. The game also plays great on Vita, one of my favorites on the system.
The translation is fine on Vita? Or are you saying you could understand it despite the horrible translation?

The translation is fine on Vita? Or are you saying you could understand it despite the horrible translation?
It's been a while since I played, but I didn't have a problem with it. Probably the weirdest part is the relationship building mini game conversations. I'm not sure those are supposed to be coherent anyway.

hi need some help.

I just bought resistance burning skies and unit 13 from gamestop. alot of ppl said on the internet that they recieved multiplayer online code printer on the reciept but i never got any code printed.

1. so should i return the games or have them bought individually to see if the code get printed?

Also saying this coz unit 13 is 10 dollars on psn (includes online pass) and is equal to gamestop preowned.

2. also does B2G1 work for psn gift card???

3. another question if i buy 2 games and get 1 free can u return the 2 games to buy other games equal, less or more but combined more than the 1 free game or will i have to return free games as well?

4. if i make a europe account can i enter us psn gift card since eu region has lot of AAA titles on sale?

Sorry for multiple postings need multiple advice.

Do reply and thanks in advance.

For the Muv Luv kickstarter, I got an email about making some selections ...

Would you like your Vita Collector's Box to include a custom signed Mini-Shikishi or for the box itself to be signed?

Looking for feedback on which would be better the Mini-Shikishi (not sure what this is) or the box itself signed.

Thanks!

Second time in a month KOEI has put the PS4/PS3 version on sale on PSN but not the Vita.
I'm starting to think KT US/EU aren't really interested in the Vita and do the bare minimum to not have a twitter hashtag against them. Then the limited edition physical print runs that are never at retail calm the people who absolutely must have a physical copy. Just look at Nights of Azure. Just asking the Japanese office to reconsider and posting "We love the Vita" completely stopped all campaigns being run against them.

I'm not certain, because I have to check the other two stores, but two of my local Walmarts no longer have Vita games on their shelves. in the $20 section, there is ONLY the digital code in a box Minecraft, for the clearance price of $19.96, a mere 3 pennies off. 

So I don't know if Walmart dumped the Vita games a two weeks ago, just after my last visit... or if they were moved to other stores.

I'm mainly waiting for Terraria to drop $5, since I have the digital copy already. (plus the file size is nice and small, so it's not a big deal if I miss out on the physical copy.)

My local GameStop still had 5 copies of Freedom Wars, (1 not sealed), as of 10AM. However P:Dancing was sold out.

I ended up stopping by the Gamestop near me that had the "new" Freedom Wars as well, but I had already used credit for the $10 actual new copy at Amazon. I did however use my $10 rewards cert on Child of Light. They didn't have enough games of my interest for the B2G1.

I wanted to get Persona Dancing All Night from the Amazon flash sale, but it didn't go live until like 1am here, and I was too tired for that. Does anyone know what the flash price ended up being?

I ended up stopping by the Gamestop near me that had the "new" Freedom Wars as well, but I had already used credit for the $10 actual new copy at Amazon. I did however use my $10 rewards cert on Child of Light. They didn't have enough games of my interest for the B2G1.

I wanted to get Persona Dancing All Night from the Amazon flash sale, but it didn't go live until like 1am here, and I was too tired for that. Does anyone know what the flash price ended up being?
they didn't have it so even if you stayed up it would of been for nothing. Most the niche games on the flash list in Amazon Black Friday thread never went up

hi need some help.

I just bought resistance burning skies and unit 13 from gamestop. alot of ppl said on the internet that they recieved multiplayer online code printer on the reciept but i never got any code printed.

1. so should i return the games or have them bought individually to see if the code get printed?

Also saying this coz unit 13 is 10 dollars on psn (includes online pass) and is equal to gamestop preowned.

2. also does B2G1 work for psn gift card???

3. another question if i buy 2 games and get 1 free can u return the 2 games to buy other games equal, less or more but combined more than the 1 free game or will i have to return free games as well?

4. if i make a europe account can i enter us psn gift card since eu region has lot of AAA titles on sale?

Sorry for multiple postings need multiple advice.

Do reply and thanks in advance.
1. The code would have been printed on a full color sheet inside the case.

2. The "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale is only valid on used "pre-owned" products.

3. I had an issue with a game I bought last year during this sale, the free one ironically, and since they did not have anpther copy to swap it out was told my only option would be to return all three of the games. So in short, no.

4. No, you would need a European PSN gift card to use with the European PSN service.

For the Muv Luv kickstarter, I got an email about making some selections ...

Would you like your Vita Collector's Box to include a custom signed Mini-Shikishi or for the box itself to be signed?

Looking for feedback on which would be better the Mini-Shikishi (not sure what this is) or the box itself signed.

Thanks!
It's your call. I picked to have everything signed. A mini-shikishi is just the creator's signature on a square piece of paper as shown on this post.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1422360

Any active freedom wars players? I just started the game but I know by the time I jump online, even with it being free on plus it'll be dead.
I haven't played in quite some time, but I still have my game save and what not. I don't mind loading the game back into the vita tv and helping out. how about we play for a while tomorrow, send me a pm with your psn id and I'll add you

Who has proven it here?

You don't get how clone production business works. There is a big difference between the home brew hackers and clone card businesses like r4 that base things on how many they can sell. Not using standard sd cards just for "security" is the excuse not the reason; especially for charging 3-4x value.

Indies are not keeping the vita alive. Show me numbers if true. Japan is keeping the vita alive, sales of Japanese games and hardware are what's keeping the system alive. Indie games have a very low profitability margin for Sony to make a difference imho
Once again, nobody is talking about cloning except for you. When people are talking about the added security of proprietary cards, which is what is being discussed, they are not talking about cloning. You're the one that dismissed the security aspect of proprietary cards and then started talking about card cloning, which indicates you're talking about oranges when everyone else is talking about apples.

I will repeat - the Vita is more secure from intrusion due to proprietary cards. That isn't opinion. That isn't conjecture. That is basic fact, as it takes several common vectors of attack off the table.

As for what's 'keeping the vita alive', I'm not about to get into a debate on it because it's goofy to begin with. Clearly, they are profitable enough in the west to keep getting more coming, which in turn keeps the marketplace fairly vibrant in the west with new releases pretty much every week. Whether that meets your personal definition of what it means to be 'alive' is fucking irrelevant to me, as I'm not about to get in some pissing war chasing your personal definition of 'alive'.

Once again, nobody is talking about cloning except for you. When people are talking about the added security of proprietary cards, which is what is being discussed, they are not talking about cloning. You're the one that dismissed the security aspect of proprietary cards and then started talking about card cloning, which indicates you're talking about oranges when everyone else is talking about apples.

I will repeat - the Vita is more secure from intrusion due to proprietary cards. That isn't opinion. That isn't conjecture. That is basic fact, as it takes several common vectors of attack off the table.

As for what's 'keeping the vita alive', I'm not about to get into a debate on it because it's goofy to begin with. Clearly, they are profitable enough in the west to keep getting more coming, which in turn keeps the marketplace fairly vibrant in the west with new releases pretty much every week. Whether that meets your personal definition of what it means to be 'alive' is fucking irrelevant to me, as I'm not about to get in some pissing war chasing your personal definition of 'alive'.
Once again you are trying to take my comments towards something else. Your straw man arguments are weak. I'm not going to bother trying to explain what I was writing in my post anymore, you clearly don't get it or you like to reply days later nonsense.

------------

I got freedom wars and a ds4 for my pstv. Now I can hopefully enjoy all games with the ds4 when I don't want to grab my vita.
Now I just need to readjust my vita cards contents.

Civil please, this isn't GAF. Btw, I finally found vita 1000 grips I thought had the triggers on jet.com, but they were just slotted ones you put the vita in, only $9. Still kicking myself for not buying more accessories for my 1000, now everything is twice the price. Anyone find the pdp vita grip under $30 would make my day.

Did thorough research into the inventories of the remaining GameStops in my area late last night and did indeed hit up one more GameStop for more Vita games. Got three more, complete in original case, games:

Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate
Demon Gaze
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

This took me up to a total of 112 Region 1 Vita games owned. :D

Did thorough research into the inventories of the remaining GameStops in my area late last night and did indeed hit up one more GameStop for more Vita games. Got three more, complete in original case, games:

Demon Gaze

How many beat if I may ask? ....ah CAG....i'm guilty as well...

So, now that's it been a while since the exploit was publicized, has anybody had/heard of any issues with the little trick that lets you play non-PSTV-compatible games on your PSTV?

There's one or two games I'm thinking of grabbing this weekend that purportedly aren't compatible, so it'd be great to know how useful that exploit actually is.

Hate to double post, but I thought I'd crosspost this here from the PSN thread to see if our mostly Vita crowd had any opinions on this.

Does anyone have any feelings vis a vis BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend on Vita compared to on PS3? I mean, obvious Vita deficiencies aside--no fightstick and no local multiplayer.

Are there any significant performance differences I should know about? Graphical differences? Gameplay modes? Anything else?

Demon Gaze

After researching inventory at a few GS stores as well, I went back and grabbed Rayman Origins, Walking Dead S1, and Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing. They had copies of Resistance and Persona but were not in their original cases, and they had a copy of Deception IV Blood Ties which I actually wanted quite a bit but passed on after being told that Nightmare Princess was actually a better updated version of the same game. Too bad that it appears to be digital only on the Vita.

bread's done
Back