PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but not stupid cheap. If I'm going to pick something up on PC, especially if it's a Japanese game (tend to have poor PC ports), I tend to prefer it in the under $5 category. Besides, I've got free PSN credit and a 10% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket, so it'd have actually been cheaper on Vita than Steam.
The port is decent. They're getting better these days though it still pays to wait and see what the guinea pigs early adopters say.

Also you probably have Steam wallet from selling cards and if you don't, why not? :p

Posted in the main PSN thread but figured there may be more "experts" here. Since Hyperdimension ReBirth 1 doesn't work with PSTV, what's the best game of the series that also would be good for newbies?

Reviews are mixed on all of the Hyperdimension games, but people still seem to love them.

Posted in the main PSN thread but figured there may be more "experts" here. Since Hyperdimension ReBirth 1 doesn't work with PSTV, what's the best game of the series that also would be good for newbies?

Reviews are mixed on all of the Hyperdimension games, but people still seem to love them.
The story is very continuous so I wouldn't recommend starting on any of the Rebirth games out of order. The Vita versions definitely outshined the PS3 versions, mainly because they fixed the problems with the battle system of the first game. Before anyone who's never played the series (or blindly hate it) says anything, yes there is a story. And a pretty fun one at that if you just don't take it seriously.

Neptunia U, PP, and Hyperdevotion Noire are not canon, but they do make subtle nods to characters and events from the main series so keep that in mind as well.

Yes, but not stupid cheap. If I'm going to pick something up on PC, especially if it's a Japanese game (tend to have poor PC ports), I tend to prefer it in the under $5 category. Besides, I've got free PSN credit and a 10% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket, so it'd have actually been cheaper on Vita than Steam.
It plays perfectly on PC.

After researching inventory at a few GS stores as well, I went back and grabbed Rayman Origins, Walking Dead S1, and Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing. They had copies of Resistance and Persona but were not in their original cases, and they had a copy of Deception IV Blood Ties which I actually wanted quite a bit but passed on after being told that Nightmare Princess was actually a better updated version of the same game. Too bad that it appears to be digital only on the Vita.
You can import the asian english version. Playasia had it in stock last time I checked anyway. Even if you don't buy it from them if you do want it you may want to pick it up before their stock runs out, since the prices tend to go up after that.

Technically Rebirth 1 is in its own bubble universe, and characters visit from Rebirth 3 to help out during the story. Neptune breaks the fourth wall a lot and one joke flew entirely over my head until I played the later games. Rebirth 2 and 3 are the canon story which continues into Neptunia V-II, which comes out early next year in the west. Those two games changed the least from the PS3 versions with RB2 gaining a new good ending path, and RB3 just having the prologue redone followed by an extra story bit in the true ending. Rebirth 2 is about anti-piracy and Rebirth 3 is the 1980s-2005 console wars. While playing in order is preferred, Rebirth 3 recaps the previous game and Neptune gets flung into a 1980s dimension which cuts her off from anything happening in her original world.

As far as the (non-canon) spinoffs go:

Neptunia PP is incompatible but is just daily events with the goddesses.

Neptunia U is a Senran Kagura clone that while not canon, could be considered a sequel to Rebirth 1

Hyperdevotion Noire is an SRPG featuring Noire. It's standard fare but a few design decisions such as not being able to plot a zigzag path through traps and enemies not being affected by movement rules or traps makes it a little less fun. There's also a self insert guy.

Not yet announced in the west but coming soon:

Blanc and Neptune VS The Zombie Army: Neptunia U sequel featuring the CPUs in primary school.

Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: Game starring IF(the anime character representing Idea Factory) and an original character that represents Sega. It's a crossover game with Sega Hard Girls featuring their matching Neptunia counterparts.

Rebirth 1 doesn't matter because:

In the original Hyperdimension Neptunia the goddesses give up their powers and live the rest of their lives as humans in the true ending. The remade game goes off in an entirely different direction with the same setup but still is implied to be standalone.

Dark day.

Walked into Game Stop, all used Vita games were in the DS case, carts only, cases MIA. :(
Sounds like something out of a horror movie, but a totally normal, for GameSlop, non-sensical business move. I mean they obviously needed thost two extra shelves the cased games occupied for the flood of new Nintendo Wii U titles that are coming out, right? :roll:

Will definitely make getting ahold of complete games on the used market far more difficult down the line if they implement this insane practice chainwide.

Also, failed to mention this yesterday, but I updated the Vita Directory yesterday afternoon. Discovered I had the American and Canadian UPCs for one of the titles switched. :whistle2:

http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/collect/

I decided to swing by the 2 local Gamestops on Saturday night. First only had 2 games I would have bought. Found what I wanted at the 2nd store ...

B2G1F
Amazing Spider-Man $18.99
Sonic and Sega's All Star Racing $19.99
Child of Light $17.99 (Free)

... And found Supremacy MMA for $6.99

I decided to swing by the 2 local Gamestops on Saturday night. First only had 2 games I would have bought. Found what I wanted at the 2nd store ...

B2G1F
Amazing Spider-Man $18.99
Sonic and Sega's All Star Racing $19.99
Child of Light $17.99 (Free)

... And found Supremacy MMA for $6.99
Amazing Spiderman and Sonic Racing Transformed are both $9.99 on Best Buy and they're also doing B2G1 and free shipping. The condition of their discs are excellent since they have state-of-the-art refurbishing machines.

Amazing Spiderman and Sonic Racing Transformed are both $9.99 on Best Buy and they're also doing B2G1 and free shipping. The condition of their discs are excellent since they have state-of-the-art refurbishing machines.
Do you have a link?

I could not find any used Vita games on the Best Buy website, though I found those prices on the used games I named for the PS3.

Update: I found them, but most are in-store only, and none of the stores in my area carry used Vita games.

This is really starting to remind me of the disappointment last year when, then too, GameStop was the only retailer who ran any sort of Vita related sales prior to Cyber Monday.

Tomorrow we really need to keep our eye on all of the major e-tailer and game publisher websites for sales on Vita games. Last year; Aksys Games had a special that ran from Thanksgiving Day through December 9th, NIS had some sort of a sale, XSeed did nothing as I recall. Eh, yeah.

This year we have this though announced two days ago by NIS America:

http://www.nisamerica.com/blog/holiday-sale-2015

Limited Editions for a Limited Time!
Seasons Greetings, dood!

We've got some super exciting news for those of you who missed out on our recent limited editions! As a special holiday treat, we're putting our reserve stock up on our online store! We're calling it the "7 Days of Giving" as we want to provide each dood the opportunity to get a sweet Limited Edition copy of our older titles. Each day we'll have a new LE available while supplies last for that day only! We also have some other awesome goodies on our store. Read on for details.

Dec 1 - Dec 7 11:59PM PST

• Get a 1 random (out of 4 different Prinnies) Prinny Pal with every order! Like with any other paper crafts, follow the guidelines and bend the correct lines to create a little Prinny that you can display anywhere! You can also purchase the complete Prinny Pal Squad for $2.99. Here's a little sample of what the Prinny Craft looks like!

MPP-CUPnoBG.png

• Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Limited Edition will be available while supplies last for the reduced price of $74.99! That's $10.00 off MSRP!
  • The Witch and the Hundred Knight Limited Edition for the PlayStation 3 will be available for the reduced price of $34.99! That's $40.00 off MSRP!
Dec 1 Only

• Criminal Girls: Invite Only Limited Edition for the PlayStation Vita!
Dec 2 Only

• Demon Gaze Limited Edition for the PlayStation Vita!
Dec 3 Only

• The Guided Fate Paradox Limited Edition for the PlayStation Vita!
Dec 4 Only

• The Witch and the Hundred Knight Limited Edition for the PlayStation 3!
Dec 5 Only

• Fairy Fencer F Limited Edition for the PlayStation 3!
Dec 6 Only

• hToL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary Limited Edition & Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection Limited Edition are both for the PlayStation Vita!
Dec 7 Only

• Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star Limited Edition for the PlayStation 3!
Remember, each of these Limited Editions are very limited in quantity, so grab it before they're gone forever!

Are all these options too enticing for ya, dood!? Well, it doesn't stop there! Each day, we will provide a free downloadable Disgaea 2016 calendar, but make sure you come back to the NISA Online Store each day as each part of the free Disgaea 2016 Calendar is available only for 24 hours. On the 7th day, we're giving away an entirely different 2016 Calendar set that includes images of our past titles!

Check back on December 1st at store.nisamerica.com for all the goodies!

Happy Holidays!

Best,

NIS America Team

Pledged my $85 to the MuvLuv kickstarter with Paypal., Have not receieved a survey from them.. Can anyone post a link to directly contact them about surveys etc.

Neptunia Rebirth 1 is kind of hard?

Was playing and it seemed that in the second dungeon I get hurt way too much.

I have back out to map and then go back to regain health.

Do stats automatically update or do I have to do it myself?

Also the store doesn't have any armor only a sword.

Remember when quirky/bad translations were part of the charm of the games?
ah the days of "these guys are sick" and "I feel asleep".

I prefer when translations are at least engrish level reading wise vs gibberish like xenogears/wild arms 2 was at times where you can't understand the sentence being said. My personal fave being when text ran off screen with dialogue errors in a tear of vermilion. good times.

So i did the MuvLuv backerkit survey.. Thx Motoki.. It shows a list of available items to choose with the amount pledged- I got the Muv-Luv Trilogy Physical Bundle Ps Vita..confirmed everything..adress..etc..Thats physical copies of all 3 games.. I am pretty sure thats all I needed to do correct.? Now I can avoid mental breakdown of not knowing if I screwed up & just gave away my $$$..haha

Was just checking amazon, and saw that they had a bunch of vita games marked to 19.99, one of which includes Persona 4 Golden among others.

This is really starting to remind me of the disappointment last year when, then too, GameStop was the only retailer who ran any sort of Vita related sales prior to Cyber Monday.

Tomorrow we really need to keep our eye on all of the major e-tailer and game publisher websites for sales on Vita games. Last year; Aksys Games had a special that ran from Thanksgiving Day through December 9th, NIS had some sort of a sale, XSeed did nothing as I recall. Eh, yeah.

It says Guided Fate Paradox for PS Vita? I'm sure it's probably a misprint but got my hopes up regardless. :(

Not sure what you were expecting with Vita sales... It's retail presence has been reduced to basically nothing over the past year and most stores have already clearanced out their stock. I'd love to see more sales to but there comes a point when you have to realize it's just not going to happen. Same goes for the memory cards.

They'll likely not go on sale again or receive a (official) price cut. Stores will just clearance them out eventually.

Do you guys think it's worth it to buy three pre-owned 8 gb memory cards from GameStop for around $26 after the B2G1?

For reference, I have a PSTV with Persona 4 Golden and Zero Escape on the included 8 GB memory card from the PSTV DualShock bundle. I'm not really into rhythm games and most RPGs for that matter, P4G is one of the few exceptions.

I also have a PS4 and PS3, I noticed that a lot of the free PS+ Vita games are Crossbuy so I'd rather download those on PS4/PS3.

Yep, figured I needed another injured guy on my squad in my Yahoo league.  Freeman, West, Amendola, and now looks like Gronk.

Do you guys think it's worth it to buy three pre-owned 8 gb memory cards from GameStop for around $26 after the B2G1?

For reference, I have a PSTV with Persona 4 Golden and Zero Escape on the included 8 GB memory card from the PSTV DualShock bundle. I'm not really into rhythm games and most RPGs for that matter, P4G is one of the few exceptions.

I also have a PS4 and PS3, I noticed that a lot of the free PS+ Vita games are Crossbuy so I'd rather download those on PS4/PS3.
16gbs are $20 so yours would be a decent deal. http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/16gb-playstation-vita-memory-card/98471

Now I'm somewhat torn, with only a bit over an hour to decide; $24 for three used 8 GB cards or that new 16 GB card for $20. Technically speaking the three cards are a better deal, but having a bigger single card might be more convenient.
If you're going for a single card for convenience, I'd recommend at least a 32, and probably a 64, though those are still at ridiculous prices. I can't even hold all my PSP games and PSOne Classics on my PSP's 32 GB card now, and I've got at least 22GB worth of digital Vita titles, not including DLC and save files. I'm using the Content Manager Assistant right now to alleviate the burden, but the transfer times are brutal.

If you're going for a single card for convenience, I'd recommend at least a 32, and probably a 64, though those are still at ridiculous prices. I can't even hold all my PSP games and PSOne Classics on my PSP's 32 GB card now, and I've got at least 22GB worth of digital Vita titles, not including DLC and save files. I'm using the Content Manager Assistant right now to alleviate the burden, but the transfer times are brutal.
I think I can actually say, I bought my PSTV just for P4G lol. I don't have any digital PS1 games, and only some free PSP games like Gods Eater Burst and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I think the only PSP game off the top of my head I'm interested in is Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, but I'm a bit mad because I didn't get it when it was $5 from about a year or so ago.

The GameStop 16 GB deal sounds like the best for someone like me who doesn't know if I'll ever get too many digital games, unfortunately that sold out already. I just decided to get three 8 GB cards; maybe one day PS+ will give me something I'm interested in that I can't just download on PS4/PS3.

I think I can actually say, I bought my PSTV just for P4G lol. I don't have any digital PS1 games, and only some free PSP games like Gods Eater Burst and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I think the only PSP game off the top of my head I'm interested in is Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, but I'm a bit mad because I didn't get it when it was $5 from about a year or so ago.

The GameStop 16 GB deal sounds like the best for someone like me who doesn't know if I'll ever get too many digital games, unfortunately that sold out already. I just decided to get three 8 GB cards; maybe one day PS+ will give me something I'm interested in that I can't just download on PS4/PS3.
Three 8GB cards ought to cover you for a while, honestly, so long as you're using Content Manager Assistant, and assuming any games you buy aren't all 3+ GB (which would make using all the space on each card difficult). I really wasn't planning on getting so many digital games, but a lot of the Vita games I've been interested in that have come out over the last year have been digital-only, and there have been some deals that were hard to pass up. For reference, I don't even have PS+, and that 22GB is just about a year's worth of collecting--I bought my PSTV around BF last year.

Three 8GB cards ought to cover you for a while, honestly, so long as you're using Content Manager Assistant, and assuming any games you buy aren't all 3+ GB (which would make using all the space on each card difficult).
It just sucks that the wifi on the PSTV is garbage. I had it in the same area as my PS4/PS3 and it was getting like 25% of my actual download speed even though it said 100% signal. Plugging in the ethernet cable allows for the right speed, but it sucks that they went cheap on that aspect of the hardware.

For reference my average download speed is 5 - 5.5 mbps which equates to approximately 1 GB/30 minutes, making it all the more annoying that I really do have to wire the PSTV to use the CMA for any future games I need to copy over to my PC.

How long was that available for, like 10 minutes?  I was gonna jump on it.  

I'm thinking that has to be a mistake.  It's not like it was a doorbuster deal

How long was that available for, like 10 minutes? I was gonna jump on it.

I'm thinking that has to be a mistake. It's not like it was a doorbuster deal
No, it was a part of their leaked PR. There's a lot of people who got PSTVs over the past week and realized they needed a memory card.

How long was that available for, like 10 minutes? I was gonna jump on it.

I'm thinking that has to be a mistake. It's not like it was a doorbuster deal
probably not cause it died online super fast like this also. And then this year a lot more people with vita tvs due to the clearance prices and etc so sound about right based on previous years at sell out speed

I guess I'll wait for a 32gb sale ($40 would be amazing) or just splurge and buy a 64gb and never have to worry about managing digital games.

I just had to put my inner CAG on the bench and splurge for a 64GB. It's a lot of money, but once you do it, then one of the system's biggest problems is no longer an issue for you.

I just had to put my inner CAG on the bench and splurge for a 64GB. It's a lot of money, but once you do it, then one of the system's biggest problems is no longer an issue for you.
^^ This. I got a 64gb a year ago, and although expensive at $85 shipped, it was well worth it. I still don't have enough space for all my games, and would really love to see a 128GB cart released, but the 64 is manageable for now. Smaller carts just aren't worth it to me at all.

Agreed. I'm so sick of moving stuff around and trying to manage space with my 2 8GB cards. A 64 would probably be enough for me as most of my games are physical. I'm hoping to receive some cash money for Christmas and if so I will go ahead and splurge on the 64GB card. 

bread's done
Back