PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone is interested, Aksys is having their Year-End Sale on their web site.   A couple Vita titles are included:

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $24.99

Muramasa Rebirth - $19.99

Sorcery Saga LE: $29.99

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters - $19.99

XBlaze: Lost Memories - $29.99

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/aksys-year-end-sale

Nothing for me as the only US Vita title I'm missing is Chrono Phantasma Extend, and I'm waiting on sub $20 for it.

Doesn't look like there is free  shipping available, that I could find anyway, so that will likely kill these marginal deals unless someone is ordering several titles.  Thought I'd post it regardless just in case.

Heads up,

Yes Gamestop.com has those two games for $10 each (Freedom Wars & LittleBigPlanet)... but if you look at all the new games they have available on the webstore, they have some previously OOS games back. $20 copies of One Piece Unlimited World Red and some other games like $30 new copies of Tales of Hearts R, $15.97 new copies of Mind Zero... etc. So definitely check that out. Granted sometimes "new" is subjective with GS... but you can always return them if they don't come sealed/new as expected. But I think they had a legit restock similar to how suddenly the supply of Freedom Wars jumped back with plenty of stock and all the stores (at least in my area) got at least a couple copies in for black friday.

Now I'm somewhat torn, with only a bit over an hour to decide; $24 for three used 8 GB cards or that new 16 GB card for $20. Technically speaking the three cards are a better deal, but having a bigger single card might be more convenient.
I know I'm late to reply but I wanted to respond to this general discussion on memory cards. Multiple 8gig cards, IMO would be a mess to keep organized. 16gb would be better (especially for a system that didn't include a card)... but $20 for 16 gigs is the same basic cost per gig as a 64gig card at $85. So, I personally would deal with what I had and then upgrade to the 64 when it made sense to do so. Any step in between is just going to up the total cost to get to that 64gig card and really that should be the overall goal for any serious vita gamer that can't handle the restrictions of the smaller cards. Buying a 32gig card even at $40 isn't really much of a deal considering the cost per gig is still basically the same as a 64gig card.

Just food for thought. Be strong, save the money you would put into a small card or many small cards into one big card when you are ready to upgrade.

So what retailers stock 64GB cards nowadays? Amazon and Ebay I'm guessing for sure. Anyone else?
$83.98 :shipfree: - Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Vita-64gb-PlayStation-minicase/dp/B00LLF5G20/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1448900268&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=vita+64gb

$129.99 :shipfree: - GameStop :lol:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/64gb-playstation-vita-memory-card-gamestop-refurbished/119856

$119.99 :shipfree: - NewEgg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE30D1236&cm_re=ps_vita_memory_card-_-9SIA4RE30D1236-_-Product

On Sale Today:

Amazon.com:

$8.98 - Reality Fighters

http://www.amazon.com/Reality-Fighters-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B0050SW794/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1448900221&sr=1-5&refinements=p_n_condition-type%3A2224366011%2Cp_8%3A2229021011

$8.53 - The Walking Dead: Season 2

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Season-2-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00KVQGRYQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1448900221&sr=1-4&refinements=p_n_condition-type%3A2224366011%2Cp_8%3A2229021011

GameStop (online only) :shipfree: :

$ 9.99 - "new" Little Big Planet: PS Vita

$ 9.99 - "new" Freedom Wars

$19.99 - "new" 16GB Memory Card

AksysGames (Sale Ends December 31st):

$24.99 - BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/aksys-year-end-sale/products/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-extend-psv

$19.99 - Muramasa: Rebirth

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/aksys-year-end-sale/products/muramasa-rebirth

$29.99 - Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God: Hot and Spicy, Everything Nicey Limited Edition

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/aksys-year-end-sale/products/sorcery-saga

$19.99 - Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/aksys-year-end-sale/products/tokyo-twilight-ghost-hunters-playstation-vita

$29.99 - XBlaze Lost: Memories

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/aksys-year-end-sale/products/xblaze-lost-memories-vita

My apologies, apparently these specials were posted by others over the course of time I was typing this up and getting interupted irl.

I'd be more likely to buy a 64gb card if there wasn't reports of them failing. I mean I still will at some point, but it just worries me since they cost so much. I wonder if you told SCEA that you bought it at Gamestop if they could figure out the warranty for you. Things like that shouldn't even be breaking in the first place.

I'd be more likely to buy a 64gb card if there wasn't reports of them failing. I mean I still will at some point, but it just worries me since they cost so much. I wonder if you told SCEA that you bought it at Gamestop if they could figure out the warranty for you. Things like that shouldn't even be breaking in the first place.
no cause warranties are only for new items. GameStop don't sell them new only used reburbished. No normal brick and mortal stores in the US sell them as new

Oddly my 64gb card did have a problem, at some point it wouldn't let me download more games, even though there was plenty of unused space on it. When I checked the card info in Settings, the system couldn't report on the size or capacity. Fortunately, I just reformatted the card, then had to re-download all the games (saves were thankfully in the cloud, so I didn't lose anything). Hasn't been a problem since then, hopefully it won't happen again.

Could anyone recommend what DLC to get for the Hyperdimension Neptunia Vita games? Never played these games before, so I want to get to set up with everything worthwhile.

no cause warranties are only for new items. GameStop don't sell them new only used reburbished. No normal brick and mortal stores in the US sell them as new
Damn, I thought someone said that certain gamestops sold new ones, but I thought it seemed weird for them to be importing them when their vita selection isn't even that great for domestic stuff. I guess if worst comes to worst I'll have to set something up with someone in the philippines or malaysia or something.

Oddly my 64gb card did have a problem, at some point it wouldn't let me download more games, even though there was plenty of unused space on it. When I checked the card info in Settings, the system couldn't report on the size or capacity. Fortunately, I just reformatted the card, then had to re-download all the games (saves were thankfully in the cloud, so I didn't lose anything). Hasn't been a problem since then, hopefully it won't happen again.
That would scare me. I'm glad it kept working for you though. It sucks we have to pay a premium for it and import it in the first place, but then to have it fail, ahh, that would suck.

Switched my Earth Defense Force pre-order over to Amazon from Best Buy.  Amazon's price on it is currently $27.51 (vs. standard $29.99).  This stacks with the 15% off "UUDDLRLR" promo code to get my final price down to $23.38 (no Amazon tax for me in CO).   Was about a buck and a half cheaper than Best Buy w/ GCU and tax was for me.

What PSVita slim grip case do you guys recommend. I recently acquired a PS vita and love it. Playing it for a while makes my hand hurt. I saw one on Amazon one for around 27 that is NYKO power Grip? Is that one any good? Thanks in advance. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Heads up for those not in the know... GameStop has a deal on the PowerUpRewards site for discount USED GAME coupons.

$25 off = 10,000 points

$15 off = 6,000 points

$10 off = 4,000 points

$5 off = 2,000 points

You can stack coupons of different denominations. So up to $55 off of a USED game if you have 22K points.

I only had a little over 11K points so I opted for $10 off and $15 off coupons. I figure that way if I find a $10 and a $15 game I can get both free or stack for $25 off a higher priced game. It's today only to get the coupons and they expire 12/31/2015 ... so don't get em if you don't plan to use them in that time frame. I figure even if I get nothing right now, the after Christmas sale will probably make it easy to find something I don't already own.

Switched my Earth Defense Force pre-order over to Amazon from Best Buy. Amazon's price on it is currently $27.51 (vs. standard $29.99). This stacks with the 15% off "UUDDLRLR" promo code to get my final price down to $23.38 (no Amazon tax for me in CO). Was about a buck and a half cheaper than Best Buy w/ GCU and tax was for me.
Nice. Thanks for the heads up on that, I was finishing a deal with Amazon as it were, and added this one to still get the free shipping option. All in all, a great price on a new release.

Oh gosh, now you guys have me worried about my 64GB card. It hasn't had any problems whatsoever in the nearly-two years since I bought it (Feb. 2014), but still. :???:

DAMMIT I just used 8,000 points on a $10 reward yesterday... welp
Yeah I did that a few weeks back. I wonder if this is a yearly type deal... if so it would give me more reason to save my points and maximize what I get.

Unrelated...

On my amazon order I picked up Hyperdevotion Noire for $16.51

It just jumped to $16.66... so the yo-yo thing prices do on Amazon is in effect. By yo-yo I mean some games drop in price till someone starts buying them.. then they start to bounce back up in price. Right now this game seems to follow that patter as I've watched it drop a couple bucks over the last few days.

So heads up if you wanted an excellent price on that new.

Oh gosh, now you guys have me worried about my 64GB card. It hasn't had any problems whatsoever in the nearly-two years since I bought it (Feb. 2014), but still. :???:
I wouldn't worry much then. Most of those reports are the same for the other cards and were frequently reported during the first year of the memory card.

Yeah, my 64gb randomly crapped out on me a few weeks ago. Vita wouldn't register it at all, and since it wouldn't read I couldn't get it reformatted or anything. I need to try it out again sometime since I've gotten a new vita since then, but I doubt that would help anything. Couldn't get it to work in my ps tv either.

I ended up just swapping back to my 32gb for the time being. Tried talking to the @askplaystation twitter account, but they weren't able to help, and I haven't had time to contact them directly.

Just pre ordered Lego avengers for vita at target for 20 bucks and some change.

It's 29.99

15% off with code cyber15

TGTGQJV7 5 dollars off an order of 50 dollars or more (you'd have to be buying other stuff already to hit 50 and make this lucrative)

And I saved an extra 5% with my redcArd. If anyone is interested

Heads up for those not in the know... GameStop has a deal on the PowerUpRewards site for discount USED GAME coupons.

$25 off = 10,000 points

$15 off = 6,000 points

$10 off = 4,000 points

$5 off = 2,000 points
Thank you Thank you. If you didn't post this, I would have never knew. I only had 13,xxx left so I got a $5, $10, & $15 for 12,000.

Plan is to hopefully find a :ps4: Just Cause 3 before they expire. Got the $10 and $15 instead of $25 jic I don't so I can grab other stuff.

$25 off = 10,000 points

$15 off = 6,000 points

$10 off = 4,000 points

$5 off = 2,000 points

You can stack coupons of different denominations. So up to $55 off of a USED game if you have 22K points.
I had just enough stacked from all the B2G1 shopping I did over the weekend to get a $25 cert. Thanks for letting us know this!!

Oh, yeah, I was happy to spread the good word about those coupons. Glad to help folks out.

It's funny because when I saw the thread for this I thought it said $25 for a GC... meaning GameCube system for PUR members. Ha! Glad I read on.

It isn't. This is the first time I've seen a really good opportunity to spend PUR points.
Cool. This makes me even more glad I didn't snooze today on checking for deals.

Please go down to 15 Hyperdevotion Noire. Pls.
Shut yo mouth. But it wouldn't bother me if it did. I was amazed when it dropped to just under $19 last week. Since I had other stuff to order the free shipping kicked in and no tax... it made it cheaper than the buy 2 get 1 on used games deal since it's still $25 used.

Oh, it is now up to $16.74 (... Edit: $16.81 now)

So the pattern of a drop then a climb back up in price seems to be following what I've been noticing lately with other games. There is a good chance once it bottoms back out in sales that it'll drop right back down. Just keep an eye out for the limited stock number to show up since the next lowest price is over $30 shipped for a new copy on Amazon.

Thanks for the PUR heads up. I had 8xxx points so I picked up a $15 and a $5.

I think my store has Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 and 2 for $25 ea with original cases. I picked up Rebirth 3 from BB the other day and already have Rebirth 1 from PSN sale months ago. Is it worth picking up Rebirth 2, or maybe getting the physical of Rebirth 1 so I don't have to use 3 GB?

Btw, Rebirth 1 is $6 on PSN right now: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1/cid=UP0031-PCSE00443_00-NEPTUNEREBIRTH01

Yeah I did that a few weeks back. I wonder if this is a yearly type deal... if so it would give me more reason to save my points and maximize what I get.

Unrelated...

On my amazon order I picked up Hyperdevotion Noire for $16.51

It just jumped to $16.66... so the yo-yo thing prices do on Amazon is in effect. By yo-yo I mean some games drop in price till someone starts buying them.. then they start to bounce back up in price. Right now this game seems to follow that patter as I've watched it drop a couple bucks over the last few days.

So heads up if you wanted an excellent price on that new.
paid 40 day one played it an hour and backlog SOB

Yeah, my 64gb randomly crapped out on me a few weeks ago. Vita wouldn't register it at all, and since it wouldn't read I couldn't get it reformatted or anything. I need to try it out again sometime since I've gotten a new vita since then, but I doubt that would help anything. Couldn't get it to work in my ps tv either.

I ended up just swapping back to my 32gb for the time being. Tried talking to the @askplaystation twitter account, but they weren't able to help, and I haven't had time to contact them directly.
Sheesh, they really need to figure out what's going on with these and get their act together. If you could, please report back how it goes. A lot of us could potentially be in the same position at some point. How long did you have the thing?

Sheesh, they really need to figure out what's going on with these and get their act together. If you could, please report back how it goes. A lot of us could potentially be in the same position at some point. How long did you have the thing?
I would assume they are dying due to it being flash, they only have a limited write span and I bet the Vita or some games are doing more writing than needed specially when you have that much to rebuild databases etc... Partly the reason why I prefer official carts instead of buying digital, they will last longer since many write on the memory card instead of the actual game cart, of course you can always re-download digital things though and if a game cart fails that is it for you.

Do PUR Points expire?
The points themself? Nope! Yup!

Another question...I didn't realize until today, but I need to find a Vita for a Christmas present. I think I'd prefer the Borderlands bundle new, with the game and memory card. Anyone have any deals on those that I'm missing? Thanks!

I think it was around 6mo I had mine. Got it when groupon had them on sale a while back.

I had a great buy at GS yesterday. I had a B2G1 coupon (couldn't participate in the BF B2G1), and bought the following:

Arcana Hearts 3 Love Max
One Piece Unlimited World Red (the Day One Edition. It still had the insert for the DLC, which the code was already used. No biggie.)
And Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

After using the $10 off used coupon, I paid $34.65 total!

Hmm, last Sunday I went to Gamestop for the B2G1 and I picked up

FFX/X-2
P4G
Rayman Legends

and they couldn't get my $10 pre owned cert to stack with the B2G1. Has this happened to anyone before? The employee told me that it might just be their computer being weird but I kinda doubt that.

Oh well, that just means more Vita games for me to buy :)
(I'll need some reccommendations hint hint)

Actually, the symptom sounds more like the controller chip inside is dying, and not a flash memory issue.
You think? Corrupted controller blocks off the access to the memory chips, so no software can acknowledge that the card is initialized. The ones getting faulty are still able to be accessed so IMO is a write failure. Maybe its an issue with the floating gate storing and getting too hot when playing. I'm not an expert at all though.

Nebraska Furniture Mart (nfm.com) update...

My order for Toukiden Kiwami hasn't shown up yet. Ordered on the 11/16. Initially it said 11/23 delivery. I checked my account online to see if it was just cancelled (which they were still selling it for $20 a few days ago)... and nope... but the date is now 12/4. So anyone that didn't get a cancellation and just kind of forgot about this... looks like it still could be ok. Still, what a long way around getting a deal. I'm just glad my $25 copy of SMT DS 2 Record Breaker showed up so quick and without issue. I wanted that game more than TK... even though TK was I think a better overall deal.

Finally got around to answering the Q's for the MuvLuv stuff. I didn't add anything to my order... just getting the Vita version in physical form and the digital Vita version as a built in bonus. Everything is pretty much set with the shipping so I should be good on that. It's only the second Kickstarter I've ever participated in... the first was Shenmue 3.

I had a great buy at GS yesterday. I had a B2G1 coupon (couldn't participate in the BF B2G1), and bought the following:

Arcana Hearts 3 Love Max
One Piece Unlimited World Red (the Day One Edition. It still had the insert for the DLC, which the code was already used. No biggie.)
And Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

After using the $10 off used coupon, I paid $34.65 total!
That is a pretty solid deal. AH3LM & OPUWR are $18 each. UMvC3 is $25... thus making it $15 with the $10off coupon and then free with the B2G1 coupon. It wasted the other $3 is possible savings from the $10 coupon but still, 3 solid vita games for $11.55 each is a heck of a nice discount. UMvC3 is exceptionally fun with so much to do. It's not overly technical nor too button mashy. I love OPUWR, it's a fun beatemup with a nice mario-sushine-esque hub world. AH3LM is a good fighting game. If you like goofy fighters with over the top moves (like Darkstalkers) and stuff, it's well worth playing. I had plenty of fun with it and will go back to play more.

NISA has the Disgaea 4 LE back in stock for $49.99 for those interested. Not bad considering the regular version was ~$40 last I checked.
That's a solid deal. I think I paid almost that much just for the game. But it seemed to be pretty difficult to find a good deal after GS dropped the price and sold out of new copies. I guess the Criminal Girls LE was super Limited to already sell out... or has it not gone live yet?

The main game I'm after from this NISA sale is htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary. I hope they have enough that I have at least a chance of getting a copy. I went ahead and set an alarm on Saturday night and Sunday to remind myself about that.

Oh and don't forget to get the free wallpapers. They are supposed to have a new one each day during the sale. Check the bottom of the page on the link below.

http://store.nisamerica.com/holiday-sale-2015?&utm_source=NISAstore&utm_medium=herobanner&utm_content=ListLE&utm_campaign=HolidaySale

That's a solid deal. I think I paid almost that much just for the game. But it seemed to be pretty difficult to find a good deal after GS dropped the price and sold out of new copies. I guess the Criminal Girls LE was super Limited to already sell out... or has it not gone live yet?
Yeah, Criminal Girls LE went live at midnight pacific. All of their daily deals this week go live at that time.

I'm looking around at different retailers right now...but looks like J-Stars on Vita didn't get a physical release in the US...is that correct? 

I got the PS4 version over the weekend with the BF B2G1 sale, and despite the fact that I'm not too familiar with the characters other than Dragonball Z and the people that have been telling me it's too "shallow" I have been having alot of fun with it!

It's definitely a game I would want to grab on Vita so I'm kind of dissapointed to see that there's not a stateside release.   :whistle2:x  

bread's done
Back