PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like GS brought back a few of the Cyber Monday deals which is good for those with the Kongregate coupon:

- Freedom Wars for $10: http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/freedom-wars/114671
- 16GB card for $20: http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/16gb-playstation-vita-memory-card/98471
- Aqua Blue Vita for $170: http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-system-aqua-blue-gamestop-exclusive/125335
Finally snagged an Aqua Blue Vita today with this new sale. Had $100 in GS GCS (which cost $80 through the Rite Aid GC sales), plus the $5 K coupon. Funny thing, they actually had a used Aqua blue Vita for $150, but for only $20 more I'd rather have a new one.

Ordered a glass screen protector from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZK7YKEA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

And has anyone seen this carry pouch for the Vita? Looks pretty nice:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GYBTGW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Last thing I am looking for is a clear shell or TPU case, but I haven't found a good one yet. Already have an OLED Vita with PDP grip, but wanted to pick up an LCD one too.

link your chase rewards account to your amazon account via checkout and then select to use only $0.01 in rewards points then use promo code: SWP15CH0S

idk if all chase cards eligble but it worked for me using a chase freedom card
wouldn't work for me ;_; Just did some googling and according to other posters on slickdeals the chase card from amazon is not eligible stupidly.

I decided to bite on Conception II at that price, I may still get Hyperdevtion Noire (I haven't played any of the Nep games yet) and Akiba's Trip. We'll see.

Do I need this?
I'd say it would be nice to have, Noire is probably my favorite Video Game character of all time, so I'm a bit biased.

V3vo5I6.gif

The game also features Solid Snake and Chun Li so wrap your head around that.

Finally snagged an Aqua Blue Vita today with this new sale. Had $100 in GS GCS (which cost $80 through the Rite Aid GC sales), plus the $5 K coupon. Funny thing, they actually had a used Aqua blue Vita for $150, but for only $20 more I'd rather have a new one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZK7YKEA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

And has anyone seen this carry pouch for the Vita? Looks pretty nice:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GYBTGW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Last thing I am looking for is a clear shell or TPU case, but I haven't found a good one yet. Already have an OLED Vita with PDP grip, but wanted to pick up an LCD one too.
Rita aid had a gift card sale?

btw I would love to have the blue vita but screw it PS4 here I come!

Tell me how that glass one works out. I've been thinking of getting one.

I currently use this:

http://slist.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0010821&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3DVita+tpu%24pagemax%3D15%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Play-Asia coupon SHAREJOYWEALTH works on those Vita games that are on sale. Could have saved $5 on Moe Chronicles :\
You and me both. I picked up the L2/R2 grip as well, and decided to go all in and grabbed the speediest shipping option. Oh well, at least FedEx is saying they will be delivered tomorrow.

Now I want my 23 cents back from Hyperdevotion Noire.

They must have greatly over purchased this game.  I'm picturing people in their warehouse trying to shovel the games back up on the shelves.  Every shovelful causing one and a half times that amount to fall back down.  Interns lost for days trying to claw their way out.  "Why aren't people buying them?!" 

Play-Asia coupon SHAREJOYWEALTH works on those Vita games that are on sale. Could have saved $5 on Moe Chronicles :\
Can someone talk me into/out of doing this? I haven't really played any dungeon-crawlers, but I could always wait for Moe Crystal to drop to sub-$30...

Can someone talk me into/out of doing this? I haven't really played any dungeon-crawlers, but I could always wait for Moe Crystal to drop to sub-$30...
Moe Crystal isn't even out...I say get Chronicle...who knows maybe after a while Moe Chronicle wont be as available anymore.

Now I want my 23 cents back from Hyperdevotion Noire.

They must have greatly over purchased this game. I'm picturing people in their warehouse trying to shovel the games back up on the shelves. Every shovelful causing one and a half times that amount to fall back down. Interns lost for days trying to claw their way out. "Why aren't people buying them?!"
I want my dollar back

link your chase rewards account to your amazon account via checkout and then select to use only $0.01 in rewards points then use promo code: SWP15CH0S

idk if all chase cards eligble but it worked for me using a chase freedom card
Just a heads up, the code is actually SWP15CH10S and works on sold by Amazon items, or so I can tell. Worked great on my Sapphire Preferred card!

I've imported the Matte Blue Hori Premium Screen Protector (which is really hard to find now)for all of my VITAs.

Anti Glare, Anti Fingerprint & Anti Scratches? SOLD!

Same thing for my 3DS & N3DSXL's except it's not the same quality, just the regular type but still placed it before i even turned the machine on.
Do you have a link to this? I have a vita 1000, but just bought a gamestop blue 2000 I would like a great screen for

Picked criminal girl $23 shipped from play-asia with $5 OFF PROMO code SHAREJOYWEALTH. :)
I did the same. Cheapest I could find it in US is $22.46 used from GameStop after cag16, tax, and free value shipping. While I have no problem buying used Vita games, at least with Play-Asia I'm guaranteed the original case.

I looked more into the censorship of this game. The only way to get it uncensored is the original Japanese release. Even the Asia release with English subtitles is censored the same as US release.

Is the code 1 transaction per account?
No, you can use more than once.

Earth Defense Force 2 for Vita is already gone from BB:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-ps-vita/5579026.p?id=1219653094996&skuId=5579026

Bummer, was going to order it soon for $24 with the GCU discount, but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

I've noticed that BB orders only tiny quantities of some newer Vita games, then once sold out, they don't bother to restock them. This happened with Terraria for the Vita as well, but I did manage to snag a few copies of that.

Earth Defense Force 2 for Vita is already gone from BB:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-ps-vita/5579026.p?id=1219653094996&skuId=5579026

Bummer, was going to order it soon for $24 with the GCU discount, but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

I've noticed that BB orders only tiny quantities of some newer Vita games, then once sold out, they don't bother to restock them. This happened with Terraria for the Vita as well, but I did manage to snag a few copies of that.
They doing that with lots of items not only vita and games

National lampoon Christmas 25th anniversary blu Ray was pulled within a week of release and also both Xbox one and ps4 versions of back to the future within a week

There's quite a few Gamestops in Brooklyn so I don't know which one you are specifically going to, I'm assuming the 86th Street one in Bensonheurst since that's the closest to Best Buy. They didn't have any of the 16s on Black Friday so hopefully they do this time, but they have a bunch of Freedom Wars sealed.
I can confirm they have a bunch of 16gb cards. They must have been restocked. I just went in and picked one up with the kongregate coupon. The guy(matthew) was surprised it was on sale. Said he was gonna have to pick one up himself later. He asked me what games I was playing and seemed to be familiar with SAO. He'll be getting a good review from me.

I can confirm they have a bunch of 16gb cards. They must have been restocked. I just went in and picked one up with the kongregate coupon. The guy(matthew) was surprised it was on sale. Said he was gonna have to pick one up himself later. He asked me what games I was playing and seemed to be familiar with SAO. He'll be getting a good review from me.
Oh yeah, Matthew is the skinny Caucasian dude with short brown hair right? He's a huge Persona fan, and always talks about the Vita and stuff, really cool guy. That store is one of the best Gamestops and everyone there is really helpful, I've always done my flips/trades there, and they're all fine with it. I always give then perfect scores on the surveys, and I recommend going to this store if you live anywhere in Brooklyn, even if it's a bit father away. But this is probably your closest store right? I live like 3 blocks away from this one, it's a 5 minute walk.

Oh yeah, Matthew is the skinny Caucasian dude with short brown hair right? He's a huge Persona fan, and always talks about the Vita and stuff, really cool guy. That store is one of the best Gamestops and everyone there is really helpful, I've always done my flips/trades there, and they're all fine with it. I always give then perfect scores on the surveys, and I recommend going to this store if you live anywhere in Brooklyn, even if it's a bit father away. But this is probably your closest store right? I live like 3 blocks away from this one, it's a 5 minute walk.
That's the guy. But I actually prefer the employees at the 18th ave 67th st store. The 86th store had this old lady and asian girl that were adamant about not letting me stack coupons in the past. Though I haven't seen them in awhile and the big white guy looks like the new manager so maybe they've gotten better. The 18th ave store has been really cool about letting me do return/rebuys, swapping generic cases, and abusing the hell out of the kongregate and birthday coupons.

P4G immediately leapt into my top 10 of all time upon finishing it, so I tried out P3P about two months later... I got nearly 10 hours into it and just had to decide it wasn't hooking me and gave up on it.
What do you think was the reason for not getting into it? Characters? Graphics? Weaker story?

I have. You'll miss having the animated cutscenes for special events and lament the lack of a guard option., but, if you're like me, you'll like the faster travel due to the cursor navigation . All in all, I think you'll still like P3P.
Hmm, well I rarely ever use guard right now anyway, so if that + the animated cutscenes are the major tradeoffs then that doesn't sound like going too much backwards

That's the guy. But I actually prefer the employees at the 18th ave 67th st store. The 86th store had this old lady and asian girl that were adamant about not letting me stack coupons in the past. Though I haven't seen them in awhile and the big white guy looks like the new manager so maybe they've gotten better. The 18th ave store has been really cool about letting me do return/rebuys, swapping generic cases, and abusing the hell out of the kongregate and birthday coupons.
Yeah the 18th ave store is cool too, it's a bit father for me, but there's a cute goth girl who works there and a big black dude, and they're both cool people also. They also have a bunch of games that the 86th street one doesn't, and vice versa, so it's nice to have these two in close proximity. Yeah, the Asian girl and the other lady don't work there anymore I think, honestly the big white guy and the Hispanic dude are cool too, also the guy with tattoos all over. Yeah, Gamestop has definitely improved their customer service lately, even the stores in Manhattan have super helpful reps, that go out of their way to check if items are in stock and to reserve it for you. Can't say the same for Best Buy though.

Picked criminal girl $23 shipped from play-asia with $5 OFF PROMO code SHAREJOYWEALTH. :)
Will do the same likely. I have it digital but always prefer physical copies. Does anyone know if say I start up Criminal Girls via cartridge if it will use my digital saves? Same region of course.

didn't moe chronicles go on sale for like $25 recently? i think it was a flash deal for a few hours, happened during the playasia doax3 tweet fiasco.

Are there different coupons? Mine only works on $60+ purchases.

Also P3 > P4
I think they are talking about the Holiday Coupon, which maybe works on any purchase, with no price limit? Not the one you get after buying something from them.

didn't moe chronicles go on sale for like $25 recently? i think it was a flash deal for a few hours, happened during the playasia doax3 tweet fiasco.
I think the lowest I've seen it go was $30 then, but its $33 now.

I think they are talking about the Holiday Coupon, which maybe works on any purchase, with no price limit? Not the one you get after buying something from them.

I think the lowest I've seen it go was $30 then, but its $33 now.
Oh silly me. Thank you Masterkyo. I think I'm gonna use this to take off the shipping on DOAX3. Seems to work on preorders. Making it a solid $50 shipped.

bread's done
Back