PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat the main game or did you actually 100% the dreaded tower? That was a slog...haha
Beat the main game and almost 100% quests. I'm gonna keep playing to get more trophies tho. I have 2 characters at lvl 95 already...so now the grind is on.

Has anyone played Deception 4 Blood Ties? I just bought a copy on Ebay for $14 and after watching some gameplay videos it looks pretty cool.
I was going to purchase Blood Ties on the Vita but went with the updated version, Nightmare Princess, on the PS4 instead because GS had it during the B2G1.

It's a cool game, but I'm not that far into it. Learning to daisy chain the traps in a way that makes strategic sense can be tricky, but it adds a welcomed element of forethought to the game. As far as added content, not really sure what all NP has that Blood Ties didn't besides an extra playable character.

Beat the main game and almost 100% quests. I'm gonna keep playing to get more trophies tho. I have 2 characters at lvl 95 already...so now the grind is on.
If you go for the tower, there's no grinding necessary as far as levels are concerned. By the time you reach the top of the tower, all of your characters should easily be maxed out (edit: especially if you employ the faster level up cheats available). The only really annoying and time consuming grind would be lily ranks if you go for those...and the grind to kill the right enemies to get the rest of the unlockable items/powerups and some cheats...

This is why I don't like RPGs with trophies, they're always a nightmare but if you start to get them you may as well see it through.  Playing Shadow Hearts now and there's no pressure other than to play the game!

So I finally bit on Corpse Party Blood Drive. Total impulse purchase ... $28 via Prime for launch edition.

Any who.

I have not played Book of Shadows and honestly, I just don't see myself playing or buying it. That being said, how much will I really miss in BD? Is there somewhere I can go to read up on BoS?

Also ... How long is BD? Is it about a 20 hour game?

Thanks and can't wait to check this game out! Looks super creative.

So I finally bit on Corpse Party Blood Drive. Total impulse purchase ... $28 via Prime for launch edition.

Any who.

I have not played Book of Shadows and honestly, I just don't see myself playing or buying it. That being said, how much will I really miss in BD? Is there somewhere I can go to read up on BoS?

Also ... How long is BD? Is it about a 20 hour game?

Thanks and can't wait to check this game out! Looks super creative.
Not reason not to let's play the second game. It changes into a vn style completely while somehow missing the aspects that made the first CP thrilling. Not hard to deliver on gore...so if that's what people wanted, they got it.

First one should be experienced personally, if only to see all the branching paths, characterization and unique setting. Even random broken tables have a history and eerie reason behind them.

This is why I don't like RPGs with trophies, they're always a nightmare but if you start to get them you may as well see it through. Playing Shadow Hearts now and there's no pressure other than to play the game!
I find it odd that you'd feel pressured to get the trophies. I feel like they're just window dressing.

Meh. I hate Multiplayer / Fighting trophies way more.
Don't get me started on Injustice.

I find it odd that you'd feel pressured to get the trophies. I feel like they're just window dressing.

I don't bother with achievements but I like trophies for some stupid reason. Like if I really, really like a game I'll probably go for the platinum or 100% to show that I really liked it.

If you go for the tower, there's no grinding necessary as far as levels are concerned. By the time you reach the top of the tower, all of your characters should easily be maxed out (edit: especially if you employ the faster level up cheats available). The only really annoying and time consuming grind would be lily ranks if you go for those...and the grind to kill the right enemies to get the rest of the unlockable items/powerups and some cheats...
Yea I want to plat the game (since i have never plat'd anything before) but that Lily Ranks one is horrible.

Yea I want to plat the game (since i have never plat'd anything before) but that Lily Ranks one is horrible.
Ya...I'm playing Hyperdevotion Noire right now, and the Lily Ranks trophies on that one are even more ridiculous (especially since there are almost two dozen playable characters to grind out Lily Ranks with...and, in that game, you have to raise Lily Ranks by standing right next to the other players when using your special skills...and the max lily rank is 99).

Ya...I'm playing Hyperdevotion Noire right now, and the Lily Ranks trophies on that one are even more ridiculous (especially since there are almost two dozen playable characters to grind out Lily Ranks with...and, in that game, you have to raise Lily Ranks by standing right next to the other players when using your special skills...and the max lily rank is 99).
Geez...makes 10 ranks in U looks amazingly easy lol

My criteria for trophies is just that I only care about Platinum if I really like the game. I'm not really crazy about trophies otherwise.

I never understood why some people buy a game JUST to get trophies/achievements.

My criteria for trophies is just that I only care about Platinum if I really like the game. I'm not really crazy about trophies otherwise.

I never understood why some people buy a game JUST to get trophies/achievements.
I never ever go for trophies...evar. If I get some I get them.

I'll admit that sometimes I start games with an interest in getting some easy trophies, but there are instances where I end up being pleasantly surprised by the game while playing it. The visual novels I've been playing lately are a good example of this.

what is the cheapest persona 4 golden has gone for? I really dont wnat to double dip since I have it for ps2
6$ from go hastings sale a little while ago.

trophy/achievement wise I used to do those back when I was a 100% completionist crazy person. star ocean broke me of that real quick once I read people don't even play the games for them and instead just set a rubberband on a controller or phonebook or something.

I see it and I am going to wait.  Want a physical copy and I figure the digital one will keep dropping with time :)  Thanks for the info.  If anyone ever sees it this cheap, HOLLAR at a BROTHER

Question for Danganronpa or Virtues Last Reward fans. I played and only mildly enjoyed VLR. I finished it but found it somewhat boring and slowly paced. Is Danganronpa a vast improvement over VLR or is it very much in the same vein ? Tempted by the current PSN sale. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thx.

Question for Danganronpa or Virtues Last Reward fans. I played and only mildly enjoyed VLR. I finished it but found it somewhat boring and slowly paced. Is Danganronpa a vast improvement over VLR or is it very much in the same vein ? Tempted by the current PSN sale. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thx.
There is more "game" in the Danganronpas than anything in VLR, particularly in the Courtroom Battles (more like mini-games, but still at least a little skill based). DR2 even moreso than DR1. However, the meat of the DR games is the interactions, which play out VN style similar to VLR. If you found the talking in VLR tedious, I dont think you'll feel too much better about Danganronpa. If it was the 'puzzle' elements in VLR that bothered you, DR doesnt really have too many logic puzzles (that I remember).

TL;DR - Danganronpa is mostly reading with a murder trial every chapter.

There's nothing quite like VLR, but I enjoyed both Danganronpas immensely. There's a bit more character/humor in the latter games compared to VLR, and the gameplay isn't exactly the same (more Phoenix Wright-ish).

It's been listed on Amazon at least since the 1st when I added it to my wishlist. Just noticed that it's included in the Prime discounts though.. $31.99 just like Bestbuy. (I didn't see it listed on BB yet though)

I'm a sucker for the Hyperdemension games.. so pre-ordered.

Or bought Hannah Montana PSPs.
I was totally waiting for those to drop at Sears when they were clearing out the gaming section a few years back... I went in the morning they finally went to 50% or 75% off or whatever, and I ended up in line behind an employee checking out all 3 for himself...d'oh! But hey...I like purple...and cheap clearance consoles...and was thinking about picking one up for the girlfriend.

The Order 1886 :lol:

(I rented the game *just* for the Plat, later grabbed a used copy for like $8)

"Used" was sealed new. :D/

There were some very happy CAG's that day
yeah it was a good day. Thats why I sorta like gohastings. They have good sales its just they haven't been too often since around the end of august in 2014. Plus their shipping price was bad for a while and they use mailers without bubble wrap in them so my new sealed copies of vesperia were slightly crushed in the mail :cry: I actually had about a 2 inch shard of green plastic in the mailer from the case that broke off. The irony of having to swap out the cases when they were sealed...

Danganronpa was actually only made a year after 999, so I don't think it could have "vast improvements." Some people like VLR more, some people like Danganronpa more. I'm in the second camp, cause I liked the story much more. You will probably not find Danganronpa much better, but I hesitate to tell you to not give it a try.

I'd say it's the opposite, VLR is a vast improvement over Danganronpa. The Danganronpa games are still very good though and the gameplay is different, but if you found VLR slow paced, I'd think you'd find Danganronpa slow paced as well.

I'd say it's the opposite, VLR is a vast improvement over Danganronpa. The Danganronpa games are still very good though and the gameplay is different, but if you found VLR slow paced, I'd think you'd find Danganronpa slow paced as well.
Thank you to all for the feedback. I think I will pass on picking it up for now. With space on my 32gb card at a premium I need to be selective anyway. Your feedback on the game helped settle it for me :)

bread's done
Back