PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this is worth absolutely nothing. These companies are fishing for recognition thru "limited' bullshit. It's ridiculous how many people they get hook and sinker.
Ill be hobest and admit i ordered a few copies to profit on later. But yeah it is ridiculous, does sony approve these crap releases? Retro city dont even have an esrb logo on the box.

7am: refreshed page, it's up.
Pulled over on way to work to order, 7:02 order complete for Vita version.

Much easier than the breach and clear order.

Someone mentioned how long breach and clear took to sell out last time, I want to say it was like 1.5 hours total.
And remember this was the first batch, this was only half (I assume half)

This is a better known game then that game though.

Also limited run been getting more followers on there page and more people becoming aware of them as it product comes out therefore more buyers each time a new game released creating awareness
Yep, there has also been some articles on Limited Run Games on some well known gaming sites and forums hyping them up as releasing rare games. Each release will probably be harder and harder to come by, especially as we get into some of the better games.

People can't really blame Limited Run Games. They are proactively trying to do everything they can to make the games available for people wanting them while still keeping the games limited. The truth is, if these were unlimited they probably wouldn't have sold out.

Ill be hobest and admit i ordered a few copies to profit on later. But yeah it is ridiculous, does sony approve these crap releases? Retro city dont even have an esrb logo on the box.
retro is legit

if you look at the case and cartridge you will see it has a official CUSA-XXXXX number.

and it has no ESRB label cause it would of costed more to add that and since it was sold direct from the publisher and online only and not available in big stores sony allowed a waiver.

Yep, there has also been some articles on Limited Run Games on some well known gaming sites and forums hyping them up as releasing rare games. Each release will probably be harder and harder to come by, especially as we get into some of the better games.

People can't really blame Limited Run Games. They are proactively trying to do everything they can to make the games available for people wanting them while still keeping the games limited. The truth is, if these were unlimited they probably wouldn't have sold out.
agree wait until we get to the Oddworld Vita release that already confirmed

CZUDcoFXEAAVEu4.jpg

Wow those games went quick. I was at work and ordered it before I left. I was lucky enough to be 2917. I don't remember Breech and clear going this fast or is it just me. On that note aside from limited run where else could I go to get those clear protective game cases? I want to get a few for some vita games

Wow those games went quick. I was at work and ordered it before I left. I was lucky enough to be 2917. I don't remember Breech and clear going this fast or is it just me. On that note aside from limited run where else could I go to get those clear protective game cases? I want to get a few for some vita games
B&C was up for ages, and that was even with unlimited qty at the start. This is a much better game, and more well reviewed. Plus they have been getting a lot of word of mouth lately, so they maybe should have upped the qty. I think they also offer internationally, so these limited numbers are for a worldwide market.

Same thing happened to me. I could have sworn I clicked on the Vita page. I know I looked at the case before ordering to make sure it was the Vita version. Final receipt says I ordered the PS4 version. I contacted LimitedRunGames to request a cancellation. They had no problem cancelling double orders the last go around, so hopefully it won't be an issue to cancel my PS4 order.
Where did you find a contact email to try to cancel your order?

Edit- I ended up just replying to my order confirmation email. We'll see if that works.

pardon my ignorance, but they're going to do oddworld too? I knew it was coming out but I had no idea they were doing the release. looks like I'll need a third shelf for vita games pretty soon
Yeah, they had a promo a few weeks ago, that if they reached 3000 followers on Twitter, they would do a physical version.

EDIT: I also believe later today they are supposed to announce some new info on upcoming releases, but due to this mornings cluster****, that may be on hold. LOL They are already talking revaluation in regards to qty's for future games, but who knows. I don't think it was hard to see this game doing way better than B&C, especially considering how many more people now know of their company.

There's a reason for Twitter, and other social media, use it for gauging purposes. I really never understood in this so called "digital" age, how so many companies can be so clueless in regards to demand.

Nintendo is the most clueless in this area for sure, but they are still operating their business on a 20+ year old business model, so their ignorance could be considered "bliss". These other companies really just don't have a clue I guess.

Ordered one Vita soundtrack and one PS4 non-soundtrack right at 9AM, no issues at all.  Had logged into Paypal first, then logged into the LRG site second.   Once that was done, all checked out without issue.

Sorry others didn't have the same painless experience some of us did.

Ordered one Vita soundtrack and one PS4 non-soundtrack right at 9AM, no issues at all. Had logged into Paypal first, then logged into the LRG site second. Once that was done, all checked out without issue.

Sorry others didn't have the same painless experience some of us did.
Mine would have been painless if I had paid better attention. I really can't blame anyone but myself.

I'm a little worried about how this afternoon is going to go when I try to order the Vita version. If it was this bad in the morning when many people forgot about it, this afternoon could be a complete disaster.

At about 6:45 I logged into LRG and Paypal to make it a bit quicker, since adding to your cart does NOT reserve you a copy (they use Shopify), only completing an order does.

Opened a window to the PS Vita/Soundtrack bundle since I figured most would be clicking on the PS4 bundle, and had another window open on the PS4 vanilla version. PS4 Vanilla went up first, added to cart. Vita bundle went up, added to cart. 

I had added the extra shipping box to my cart last night, so I checked out literally 15 seconds after it went up. Order number #2181. 

Future games shouldn't sell out as quickly, as Doug and Josh have both said that future runs will have more copies available. Oddworld in particular will have a lot more copies than these first two releases. 

Have to give props to LRG. The guys over there are EXTREMELY active in the community, and frequently post on numerous forums. I've seen them active on reddit, Gaijinworks, Vitalounge, neogaf, and others answering questions. I even put them into contact with the people doing the Children of the Zodiarcs kickstarter (they want to do a physical PS4 version but don't know how to go about it) and Doug at LRG scheduled a call with them. 

There's a reason for Twitter, and other social media, use it for gauging purposes. I really never understood in this so called "digital" age, how so many companies can be so clueless in regards to demand.
I think people wanting physical copies of $1 multi-platform indie games don't "get" social media.

Agreed. It's all hype. The game is $10 retail price. People are only buying it now in the hopes of reselling it later.
You mean the $10 rental through PlayStation Network. Yes, I said "rental", because if you ever bother to read through Sony's T&C's any download content you pay for through PSN is officially deemed a rental as there is no permanent product associated nor guarantee that you can re-download the content in the future. Even Blockbuster Video didn't charge $10 to rent a video game.

As for how fast this went, they for sure have more followers now, and this game was way more wanted than B&C. I guess they may want to up qty in the future, and limit 1 per for every game until 24hrs has passed. I'm happy to have even got a standard copy of each, but I really want the Vita bundle. I'll have to be on my game later today. LOL
That's the spirit my fellow competitor for the bundle!

That being said, I was able to get a vita copy. 6 games away from complete US now
Congratulations! And on that note, I present to you the new location for the R1 Checklist & Directory files. Both files updated today, make sure to update your bookmark.:

http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/

I'll be honest and admit i ordered a few copies to profit on later. But yeah it is ridiculous, does Sony approve these crap releases? Retro city don't even have an ESRB logo on the box.
The ESRB rating isn't required. ESRB Is an independent organization that charges five figures to rate a video game and the only reason why virtually all games released have a ESRB rating is due to the majority of brick & mortar retailers requiring that a game have an ESRB rating before they will consider stocking it in their inventory.

I wonder if it's partially caused by trying to go in the store after the update and then it keeps trying in the background to connect and fail causing the battery to drain quicker? I haven't been in the store from my vita since the update.
It seems to be an inconsistent effect for different people. I've not noticed a battery drain on my system, but if I go to the PSN store it is constantly getting a "disconnected" error when I browse any of the categories. I managed to download a couple of game trailers, and once the downloads actually began they downloaded without incident. I am using my Vita 1000 Wi-Fi Only model, so it's possible this update has afflicted different models of the system in very different ways.

I have a 1000 wifi model, and battery was draining very fast during standby, I'm trying out if airplane mode alleviates the situation.

Oddworld is going to crash the site. They also be making more than 2500 copies. Lol
the problem is even making more copies won't help probably it will just keep it at the same pace as today not better but not worst.
Cause more game release and more followers means more buyers and more attention paid to them. So with a increase in demand and amount of new buyers then all increase in print run will do it just balance it out so it don't get no worst then today but not neccesary better.

the problem is even making more copies won't help probably it will just keep it at the same pace as today not better but not worst.
Cause more game release and more followers means more buyers and more attention paid to them. So with a increase in demand and amount of new buyers then all increase in print run will do it just balance it out so it don't get no worst then today but not neccesary better.
Sure it will be better.

People will get an extra 2 minutes to get their orders in. ;D

The whole name of "Limited Run Games" is what's causing the problem. By their name alone they're implying there's a limited number of copies available, which attracts scalpers. "Made to Order" games would have probably been a better name. 

Hopefully they will announce a ps4 oddworld so that can dilute some of the vita scalpers to that version. They also need to limit everything to one.

Also they should just do preorders so they can see how many people want

I've had no problems with my vita since update even brought a few games from PSN. 

Also not sure if this has been mentioned but I picked up a PS TV bundle today at Wal-Mart for $40. YMMV but worth checking out just the controller and the memory card were worth it for me. 

I've had no problems with my vita since update even brought a few games from PSN.

Also not sure if this has been mentioned but I picked up a PS TV bundle today at Wal-Mart for $40. YMMV but worth checking out just the controller and the memory card were worth it for me.
My walmarts have not dropped the bundle price yet. I would bite at $40 for sure. When does the download voucher expire for the included games?

So.... you guys excited for the next LRG Release?!?!?! *braces for rage*
Actually, both times I was able to get the game I wanted with little to no issues. The problem today was the limited bundle set, and 4 different options being available at the same damn time. Just by offering different systems, and bundles on different days and times would have made it much better for me personally.

They also floated around an idea after B&C in regards to a membership program, where you would just get each new game each month by paying an annual membership fee if I remember correctly. For whatever reason, that idea was scrapped, but I personally liked it, and think they should revisit the idea.

bread's done
Back