PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully they will announce a ps4 oddworld so that can dilute some of the vita scalpers to that version. They also need to limit everything to one.

Also they should just do preorders so they can see how many people want
They won't do pre orders. It a small company and they reason they don't do pre orders is this:
The money made off the sales today will pay for the making of the next release. They are working on a release by release schedule. That was there words not long ago where they straight up said they wouldn't ever do pre orders.

Also the reason they did limit 2 is even members from the company said them thereselves always buy 2 of stuff like this one to open and play and want to keep sealed and they understood that many others felt the same as them.

the problem is even making more copies won't help probably it will just keep it at the same pace as today not better but not worst.
Cause more game release and more followers means more buyers and more attention paid to them. So with a increase in demand and amount of new buyers then all increase in print run will do it just balance it out so it don't get no worst then today but not neccesary better.
While this is a somewhat accurate understanding of how Supply and Demand works, you are basing it on the assumption that demand will keep pace with supply.

Just because the arrow appears to be pointing up, doesn't mean it will stay that way. Many a former business owner have made that mistake before.

The whole name of "Limited Run Games" is what's causing the problem. By their name alone they're implying there's a limited number of copies available, which attracts scalpers. "Made to Order" games would have probably been a better name.
They could still be LRG and do made to order. They would just not pre-announce the number they are making but instead gauge that number based on the amount of pre-orders times some extra amount. Like pre-orders x 1.1 to get an extra 10% more copies made than the preorder... +/- some amount to make the number nice and round.

I don't think they should limit the order to 1 or 2 for pre-orders. No rather embrace the reseller market and look to them to bring LRG and the company that made the game as much profit as possible. Limiting it to some random fixed number up front is to limit the up front cost to publish so the games can be ready the day they go up on the store... but it also greatly limits the potential profit from such a venture and makes just as many gamers frustrated as it does make them happy that the games got physical versions. Preorders solves all of this... except in the case where people really don't want a game that much. Then in that case they produce the minimum number and let it be super limited so that alone will get people to buy... if they still want to take the risk.

Either way... I'm glad I didn't end up finishing out my order for SMRPG. Sure I could have flipped it for profit, but I'm not really wanting to do stuff like that right now.

While this is a somewhat accurate understanding of how Supply and Demand works, you are basing it on the assumption that demand will keep pace with supply.

Just because the arrow appears to be pointing up, doesn't mean it will stay that way. Many a former business owner have made that mistake before.
I agree, at the end of the day, their better off selling out within a few hours-days VS not at all. Of course these haven't really lasted for days yet, but minutes is way to fast, I think a few hours is what they need to shoot for, and plan for. Who knows if that is possible long term though.

With their business model, they for sure don't want to get stuck with inventory, but walking this tight rope is going to take better planning than they have shown so far, but I'm ALL IN. So keep the physical games coming. Vita FTW!

My walmarts have not dropped the bundle price yet. I would bite at $40 for sure. When does the download voucher expire for the included games?
They expire 03/31/2016 so they have a little while left on them. The non bundle PS TVs were still $49.99 so was weird that this one was cheaper.

They could still be LRG and do made to order. They would just not pre-announce the number they are making but instead gauge that number based on the amount of pre-orders times some extra amount. Like pre-orders x 1.1 to get an extra 10% more copies made than the preorder... +/- some amount to make the number nice and round.
This is basically the model that GaijinWorks is using for their physical releases and it has seemed to have worked out really well. I've been able to order every one of their releases without a problem or hassle and they are all still considered pretty rare and limited. The only drawback to their model is there is a relatively large gap between order/payment and release (although it's nothing compared to Kickstarter releases).

They won't do pre orders. It a small company and they reason they don't do pre orders is this:
The money made off the sales today will pay for the making of the next release. They are working on a release by release schedule. That was there words not long ago where they straight up said they wouldn't ever do pre orders.
Also the reason they did limit 2 is even members from the company said them thereselves always buy 2 of stuff like this one to open and play and want to keep sealed and they understood that many others felt the same as them.
Yeah I understand the whole thing but it sadly means little. Just for example, say a game has 2500 copies. 500 collectors get a copy, 2000 go to scalpers. Say of that 500, 150 buy two copies, that means only 350 collectors are getting the game for the right price.

They are doing the print runs for the collectors which is cool but it just sucks that many collectors or people going for complete collections will they have to pay ridiculous prices for a game that is $10 digitally

Also just my opinion obviously but most collectors who bought this probably won't end up playing it, they just want it for how limited it is

Also try a hard reset.

Have you been on the store with your vita since updating?
No, never been to the store since updating, so the battery problem for me came out of nowhere. It's very annoying since I play my Vita during my commute and now I cannot play during the return trip. Stuck with playing Angry Birds on my phone like a filthy casual peasant.

Not everybody in this thread is reporting this problem though. I might be unlucky, or some of you just buy Vita games and not turn on your Vita to play Vita games :lol:

P. S. Fired off Oreshika recently, and first thing I noticed is the time limit. Immediately start to regret my $5 purchase. Should have done the research on the game before buying :wall:

Oreshika don't worry too much about the time limit. Let me give you a great tip. For bosses who only appear during certain weeks go in the week before if the dungeon is long....wait out the time once you reach the location and bam you'll always face them. I always though you needed to go in and get to the boss immediately....it's too hard for the later dungeons. Don't give up on it though and figure out what classes work for you. I'm still not done with the game....think I need one more instrument....should have finished it a while back.

P. S. Fired off Oreshika recently, and first thing I noticed is the time limit. Immediately start to regret my $5 purchase. Should have done the research on the game before buying :wall:
You realize there's like four different settings that can change the game from 30 hours to 100+, right?

You realize there's like four different settings that can change the game from 30 hours to 100+, right?
Those are EXP/spirit points or whatever they were called rates though correct? I believe they're referring to having limited time with people/dungeons...not sure exactly. I love it cause it makes me really feel great esp when you learn strong skills and pass them on. Makes me attached to most characters though in my game one of the family branches became so plain and ugly looking. Now they have stripes or something at least haha.

I'm a collector, and while I do open most LE games at some point, some prices for me are to good to turn down. What was that one game offered through Amazon that sold out in seconds(iffys first game I think), and had a limited run? I sold that for 400+, within a few days of receiving it.

I wasn't a huge fan of the game, but if I would have been, I would have kept it, but that kind of funds is hard to turn down for a few seconds of effort.

I'm currently trying to get a copy of Street Fighter for the Virtual Boy, and if I could have gotten that cheap, I would have never sold it due to it's rarity, coolness, and I'm a HUGE SF fan. Sadly my chances for getting it cheap, seem to have passed me by, and the secondary market is just to high. But I can dream right?

No, never been to the store since updating, so the battery problem for me came out of nowhere. It's very annoying since I play my Vita during my commute and now I cannot play during the return trip. Stuck with playing Angry Birds on my phone like a filthy casual peasant.

Not everybody in this thread is reporting this problem though. I might be unlucky, or some of you just buy Vita games and not turn on your Vita to play Vita games :lol:

since I have my pstv whitelisted and use the same memory card on my vita I'm staying on 3.52 since I have a PS3 to pass stuff to them. But afaik the update breaks the home-brew psp weakness and patches the mail app. IDK if it would work, but you could just put an extra memory card or no card that has neither mail nor psp games to see if that helps. My guess its running some type of check on the background that is causing a loop of some sort and draining batteries.

Watch them double or triple the production run for the next Vita games and then they won't sell out quickly and people won't care anymore.   It took them quite awhile to get to 3000 Twitter followers.  Just look how hard they had to campaign across multiple platforms to reach this level of recognition.  Props to these guys for working so hard. 

Some people don't seem to understand that these games have to be a limited run in order to appeal to customers.  If it's not truly limited most people won't pull the trigger on purchasing it.   That's the entire concept CAG forums are based around:  buying games later on the cheap when the price is right.  There's hundreds of games someone can choose to purchase at any one time.  The customer has to have incentive to follow through. 

With the cosmic star heroine game coming up I'm thinking they will double the number, and I think it will still sell out. The indie developer has pumped quite a few games and I know, I for one want to own a physical copy of one of his fun little games!

Well, curious about the battery drain issue I decided to take my Vita (2000) into the store.  No issues loading it.  No issues hitting my Download List and grabbing a few games (Xeodrifter & FF Origins)... then looking up a few games and reading stuff.   All downloads were quick and without issue.

I have no mods or any such stuff on my Vita since it's not worth risking the $$$ of PSN purchases as well as couple years of PS+ stuff.

I was forced into the update last night.  I was able to use the store initially, but after my downloads completed I was unable to access the store again.

On the LRG launch today, I easily got my Vita copy.  Hoping they will move toward a different model going forward to make sure the fans get copies easily.

agree wait until we get to the Oddworld Vita release that already confirmed

CZUDcoFXEAAVEu4.jpg
When is this going to come out? This is one I'm actually interested in.

Yeah, I do, still didn't look into what that does though. The one that says time progresses the slowest, also has a higher difficulty? What difficulty did you guys play on?
I played on the one that makes the game right in the middle....i'd likely recommend the shortest though since it gets very, very repetitive later on. Grinding for the points to make strong babies gets old fast.

The regular edition for Vita was just slightly delayed in restocking compared to the bundle, and I was freaking out for like that 30 seconds or so of delay, lol.

Problem averted.

Got my order in. :D

Couldn't get past the "Inventory Issues" problem when trying to grab the PS4 version with soundtrack (Got a Vita copy earlier today without soundtrack).  Grabbed a regular PS4 copy without soundtrack and it went through checkout on first try.

Darn.  Kinda wanted that soundtrack.

Arrgh! Once again, bundle was instantly sold out. Even tried for the PS4 version after the PS Vita version refused to sell to me and couldn't get that one either.

Firefox shit the bed. Couldn't check out using regular check out (said "cookies must be enabled") and Paypal checkout just stalled infinitely. Finally got an order through with Chrome.

they lasted a good 7 minutes. i got each
They showed as sold out instantly for me. Or rather they showed as still having quantity remaining at the time I added to my cart, but sold out at Check Out.

Firefox shit the bed. Couldn't check out using regular check out (said "cookies must be enabled") and Paypal checkout just stalled infinitely. Finally got an order through with Chrome.
Seriously? So the checkout issue has something to do with FireFox? I shall certainly use IE next time, because this was utterly frustrating.

Thanks assholes, I bought into the hype.

If I don't enjoy it, oh well I figure I can't sell if for much less than I paid for it.

Lol 😁

Is this actually something that you all see happening? I'm sorta new here so I mainly look for PS4 and Vita deals, but the last couple pages were nothing but talk about this game so I figured why not. All the reviews say it's pretty great at least.

Lol

Is this actually something that you all see happening? I'm sorta new here so I mainly look for PS4 and Vita deals, but the last couple pages were nothing but talk about this game so I figured why not. All the reviews say it's pretty great at least.
If the previous games are indicators of value, then this will certainly be worth more than you paid, especially since this is a game more people wanted to play than their prior two releases, and the last one which people only got because it was rare.

Lol 😁

So Breach and Clear is currently selling around $70-90 on EBay. From here on out the print runs will likely increase and some of the new people will want to complete the releases so it's likely Sarurday Morning RPG and Breach & Clear will, at the very least, maintain their current level of demand potentially even increase.

If the previous games are indicators of value, then this will certainly be worth more than you paid, especially since this is a game more people wanted to play than their prior two releases, and the last one which people only got because it was rare.
Sweet.

Thanks fellow CAGers!

bread's done
Back