PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about getting the blue Vita from GS as a present. Might not want to spend too much on the memory card though, so maybe getting the preowned 4G from GS. Question:

Is there any digital game that exceed the limit of the 4G card (considering the system takes up some space)? Killzone Mercenary?

TIA.

Thinking about getting the blue Vita from GS as a present. Might not want to spend too much on the memory card though, so maybe getting the preowned 4G from GS. Question:

Is there any digital game that exceed the limit of the 4G card (considering the system takes up some space)? Killzone Mercenary?

TIA.
Got an incomplete list here: http://www.dmgice.com/dg/psvita.html
But from what I can see over a quick glance there are a few like
Borderlands 2
Sly Cooper Collection
Final Fantasy X/X-2

Though I'm not sure you'll have to download the collection games together

There also looks to be lots of games more than 3000mb

Borderlands 2
Sly Cooper Collection
Final Fantasy X/X-2

Honestly, this is the biggest reason this system fell apart. I love my vita, but even at $1 for a digital game, I'll avoid it if it is over 3GB.

Even now it's beginning to become frustrating to find a 32GB memory card for under retail. (or even a memory card in the wild retail store. Besides Game Stop)

I really do prefer Physical goods, but I certainly indulged in the digital market place with my PS3 a LOT more then I planned. Sony got around 30% of my purchases on the PSP through PSN.

I really have enjoyed the fantastic games and near HD graphics on a handheld system. but maybe in the current situation the less hard drive space a game takes the higher the likelihood of a purchase even at a buck. Almost to the point where I am worried for all digital Vita/PSP games for future use. I sincerely hope that the handheld PSN has at least 5 years left. but Sony seems to completely disorganized and certain branches are saying one thing and then suddenly nothing is left. (PSMoble)

Yeah, these memory cards are a  fuck joke. I started off with an 8GB card, and I always buy physical when it's an option, but there are tons of great digital only games, and that 8GB didn't last long. So then I think I jumped to a 32GB next, as it was the biggest card at the time.

Slowly over many months of great sales, that card begin to get full. I was completely pissed, but then the 64GB card arrived, and I thought, OK I'll never need more than this.......wrong, WRONG!

My 64GB card is at about 99% full, and I don't think these ass clowns will ever do a 128GB card, but considering how well the Vita is doing in Japan currently, it may happen(but I'm not holding my breath).

Just wondering, but why do you need all your games downloaded at once?
Sony's download list sorting mess for one. Easier for me to download many of the games and stuff them in folders than try to decipher the cluster fuck Sony has made of the download system for the Vita (And the webstore, the PS4's system works fine for me)

Can't exactly go look ONLY at Vita compatible games I have available to install.. have to sort through the mess.

Blue Vita on sale at GS.. must... resist...

Side note: Saw a *new* black PSP 3000 at a Walmart today. $129.99 just the console, box looked to be perfect. Probably found under a shelf somewhere..

What's the general opinion regarding Danganronpan Ultra Despair Girls? Is it any good? I have the other 2 games (on the backlog,,,) and was wondering if I should get this one as well. I know it's a third-person shooter, which is fine, but is the gameplay good? Does it add anything to the overall story of the franchise?

So I have Gravity Rush on VITA but have yet to play it and was wondering if I should get the PS4 version. I already have the DLC for VITA so it's not like I'd gain any content by buying it. I just think it would be nice to play on a big screen, and Gravity Rush 2 is coming to PS4 anyways... Anyone here played both VITA and PS4 versions that share their thoughts and observations?

What's the general opinion regarding Danganronpan Ultra Despair Girls? Is it any good? I have the other 2 games (on the backlog,,,) and was wondering if I should get this one as well. I know it's a third-person shooter, which is fine, but is the gameplay good? Does it add anything to the overall story of the franchise?
Yes, it's a good game, but you should really only get it if you like Danganronpa 1 & 2. The story is pretty good and I do think it adds to the overall story of the franchise. The gameplay is a bit weak but it didn't bother me much. I would suggest playing the first two before buying UDG though, to figure out if you like the series.

Sony's download list sorting mess for one. Easier for me to download many of the games and stuff them in folders than try to decipher the cluster fuck Sony has made of the download system for the Vita (And the webstore, the PS4's system works fine for me)

Can't exactly go look ONLY at Vita compatible games I have available to install.. have to sort through the mess.
I'm sure it's been mentioned before in this thread, but the download list is a bit better if you use the website along with PSDLE for sorting and filtering. https://repod.github.io/psdle/

I once again missed a kickstarter.  Anyone know if the Libra of the Princess Vamprire is going to let people into the Backerkit when it opens?

Also got my shipping notice from LRG for SMRPG last night.

Just a heads up for any one who lives in Jacksonville, FL.  The Beach Blvd Walmart has tons of new copies of Unit 13 for $5.  They have a good amount of Vita games there (for a brick and mortar store).  The only other tempting price there is a new copy of the god of war collection for $20.  

Any chance you or another CAG in that area can grab one and send it up the coast? Willing to pay for cost + shipping and a little extra for your troubles.

Because it feels good to have a ton of games in your pocket at once.
I like having a nice selection of games to play, but I find if I have a ton of games that it kind of gets overwhelming and I end up jumping between too many games and end up finishing none of them. So far, 8gb is working fine for me.

I would suggest anyone looking to get a vita to skip the 4gb card completely and at least get an 8gb card. More than that though, get as big of a card as you can afford but then just stick with it and learn to manage the files. To me the store purchase history may be a mess to dig through for something, but often I know what I want to play and just go directly to the game page and download it. Or I find it in on the webstore and then setup the download from there. Either way, I rarely actually dig through my purchase history for stuff.

You can also back up games to your PC or PS3 via Content Manager, then delete them from the memory card until you actually want to play. That way you have cheap storage and a reasonably nice Vita interface for viewing all your games by category.

I once again missed a kickstarter. Anyone know if the Libra of the Princess Vamprire is going to let people into the Backerkit when it opens?

Also got my shipping notice from LRG for SMRPG last night.
Game missed its vita goal by nearly 30k. Unless you see something I dont, the game is not coming to vita at least right now

All contributions through backer kit and paypal will still go towards the vita stretch goal, so it is entirely possible to get the vita version.

Danganronpa dropped again to $27.99 at my BB. It makes me sad the vita section only had like 3 games in it.
It worse at the one Best Buy I was recently at. They had a whole large shelf for vita games, with the those tabs with names of games on them and only one lone single copy of MLB 14 sitting there. What made it worse was it was also used. I almost cried. :cry:

Also in a similar note. On that same trip in a different Best Buy I picked up Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls since I had a cert. They only had three different titles but a couple of copies each and they shrunk the vita section to like a 1/4 shelf, so not as bad looking. What was weird was as I was walking around with the copy I got a few puzzled looks from a couple of the employees. When I went to the checkout I found out may as to why, as from the cashier I get a "Wow!....you have a vita?? We still have vita games?!? Wow.". Yeah fuck you too is what I wanted to say, but I know she meant no offense and was legitimately surprised by it.

Still it bruised a little though.

Hopefully they raise another 30k with the Backerkit.

They still want to do Vita. If it doesnt get funded, just means a longer wait time for it to happen

I like having a nice selection of games to play, but I find if I have a ton of games that it kind of gets overwhelming and I end up jumping between too many games and end up finishing none of them. So far, 8gb is working fine for me.

I would suggest anyone looking to get a vita to skip the 4gb card completely and at least get an 8gb card. More than that though, get as big of a card as you can afford but then just stick with it and learn to manage the files. To me the store purchase history may be a mess to dig through for something, but often I know what I want to play and just go directly to the game page and download it. Or I find it in on the webstore and then setup the download from there. Either way, I rarely actually dig through my purchase history for stuff.
What I hate though is I got a 16GB when I first got the Vita relatively cheap so I kinda dont want to spend 'regular price' (including the "sale" prices) on the bigger cards. The problem (personal problem) is, while I'm not opposed to file management, I just cant ever move Persona 4 off of my Vita and it takes up the most space. I *know* I can back it up on PC/Cloud (which I have), but I never know when I just want to hear the music (even though I have all the OSTs on my phone) or view the videos. Yeah, I'm a sick man for no good reason.

I cant remember the last time I paid $60 for a game. I just cant make myself do it for a memory card. Vita, why do you make it so hard for me to love you?

Borderlands 2
Sly Cooper Collection
Final Fantasy X/X-2

That list was very helpful thanks!

I'm pretty sure the receiver of my Vita gift will only play one game at a time, so I think even the 3000mb games should be able to fit into the 4G card. Thanks again.

Anybody have the GS blue Vita? Is it gorgeous?

Interesting... I wonder if NISA limited editions will no longer be exclusive to the NISA store going forward.
I actually pre ordered through NISA because I thought it'd be exclusive. I ordered that with a couple other things so I guess I'll have to call to see if they can just take that off the order.

bread's done
Back