PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
My Sword City CE order is showing the 40% off. I placed an order before they added the 20%.
giphy.gif

I'm finishing up my platinum on Dragon's Crown and was wondering if there were any other games like this that are on the Vita either out or coming out?

Thanks in advance

They'll probably tell him he should've purchased the box if he wanted to make sure it wouldn't arrive damaged. T___T
Damn, I wasn't aware of a box option or I def would of done that.

[attachment=20438:image.jpeg]

Where was the option for the box?

Odin Sphere looks great and will be pre ordered. Didn't realize Grand Kingdom was a side scroller RPG as I thought it was a strategy RPG but I'll get that as well. Gotta keep supporting my favorite gaming machine.

Thanks for the feedback

Odin Sphere looks great and will be pre ordered. Didn't realize Grand Kingdom was a side scroller RPG as I thought it was a strategy RPG but I'll get that as well. Gotta keep supporting my favorite gaming machine.

Thanks for the feedback
My mistake, Grand Kingdom is listed on the NIS website as a "Tactical RPG". Sorry for the confusion.

Damn, I wasn't aware of a box option or I def would of done that.

image.jpeg

Where was the option for the box?
It's a separate item you have to add to your cart on another page.

They really should just always ship things using whatever way is necessary to have them not arrived damaged.

Wow it's $5 for the box....

It's a separate item you have to add to your cart on another page.

They really should just always ship things using whatever way is necessary to have them not arrived damaged.
To be fair their mailers are supposed to be pretty good for games in general though, just not when it comes to soundtracks, and other things involve jewel cases, or more fragile items that a bubble mailer can't protect. It probably wouldn't be worth it for them to spend more on the packaging material if they have to also include boxes on top of their costs. The prices they have for their games are fair, and I'm afraid if they start having to deal with shipping costs more and more it may actually impact that as well. And since there's only one person shipping everything, I would imagine if they have to ship everyone's package like that it would probably take them even longer to ship things out, or they'd have to hire more people, which again might end up affecting their overhead costs.

While I do wish they could do it that way, I guess I'm not all that heartbroken either if they're unable too since it seems understandable. They really should make it much more clear during the checkout process though to make sure people understand the difference in their shipping methods. I'm sure many people who were unaware of it would be happy to pay an extra $5, particularly for stuff like soundtracks and what not to make sure they arrive safely.

In the end, I just want them to keep bringing us games we want, and at a fair price. ^__^

Right, so when it doesn't need a box don't use a box.  When it needs a box... use a box.  They should just ship using whatever's necessary for the items being shipped.

Right, so when it doesn't need a box don't use a box. When it needs a box... use a box. They should just ship using whatever's necessary for the items being shipped.
Shipping costs would be a LOT more. Bubble mailers are fine 99% of the time. I've seen them get crushed at the END of sorting at the station, all fine until a 50b box gets stacked on them. Also seen an edge get caught in a conveyor belt and not only does it crush the package... but sets it on fire.

I've worked at a P&DC (where the packages get sorted) YES they are separated from the big boxes that can crush them, and YES they sometimes get mis sorted. Like I said 99% of them are fine.

I received 4 bubble mailers this week with games in them, all fine.

and folks, it's a jewel case.... looking at them wrong can break them. The game cases can be replaced also for cheap..

Trading in a game? swap the case.

Shipping costs would be a LOT more. Bubble mailers are fine 99% of the time. I've seen them get crushed at the END of sorting at the station, all fine until a 50b box gets stacked on them. Also seen an edge get caught in a conveyor belt and not only does it crush the package... but sets it on fire.
Aren't they mostly shipping with USPS First Class? It really doesn't cost much more to add an ounce or two there to use a box if they wanted to. Boxes themselves are incredibly cheap. I'd assume they get a better rate for shipping in bulk but it's the cost difference between the extremes (1 ounce and 16 ounces) is only $1.05.

I agree bubble mailers probably are fine most of the time. Most of their stuff is just the game case which is almost always fine in a bubble mailer. I also didn't say to not use bubble mailers for just games though.

You guys both make great points. I would of paid $5 with a smile though. I wasn't aware of the add ons at all and purchased breach & clear too. I know now though! Thanks!

Olengie:

I wanted to keep the soundtrack sealed or it wouldn't be a problem at all. 

Aren't they mostly shipping with USPS First Class? It really doesn't cost much more to add an ounce or two there to use a box if they wanted to. Boxes themselves are incredibly cheap. I'd assume they get a better rate for shipping in bulk but it's the cost difference between the extremes (1 ounce and 16 ounces) is only $1.05.

I agree bubble mailers probably are fine most of the time. Most of their stuff is just the game case which is almost always fine in a bubble mailer. I also didn't say to not use bubble mailers for just games though.
You may want to brush up on your USPS prices, because they increased this year, particularly for first class mail, although heavier and really light are still good, but the price jumps are still wonky, and adding in the weight of a box might make a huge jump in the price difference.

You may want to brush up on your USPS prices, because they increased them this year, particularly for first class mail.
You might want to take another look... It starts at $2.60 now for 1 ounce and goes to $3.65 for 16 ounces - the difference is $1.05 (like I mentioned above).

They didn't even have 16 ounces before this year. The max used to be 13 ounces.

There is no bulk mailing discount for packages, unless they have a permit, the minimums/fees/requirements would probably dissuade them from applying for one. Although with 2k+ packages each limited run.. they would qualify. but they would have to take the packages to the post office themselves.. 

http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/getstarted/bulkMail.htm

USPS changed the rates a few years back, i forget the details though.., but it specifically changed the rates on things like bubble mailers. I think thats we are seeing more and more now. 

Not trying to argue with you though  :argue: Probably more of a hassle for them to do boxes.

You might want to take another look... It starts at $2.60 now for 1 ounce and goes to $3.65 for 16 ounces - the difference is $1.05 (like I mentioned above).

It still seems impractical to have one person who is shipping thousands of packages to have to sit there and decide what needs a box, and what doesn't. While this is probably easier if you're just shipping a few things, it's not nearly as easy as it sounds if you're doing hundreds to thousands of these packages, and deciding whether or not to do it.

I'm not disagreeing with you that shipping should be better, but things are also not so black & white, and you can't say just do this, and they can do it without accounting for all the other factors that may be involved.

they changed it from 13 ounces? that was a FAA restriction set in place after 9/11

It still seems impractical to have one person who is shipping thousands of packages to have to sit there and decide what needs a box, and what doesn't. While this is probably easier if you're just shipping a few things, it's not nearly as easy as it sounds if you're doing hundreds to thousands of these packages, and deciding whether or not to do it.
All I think of when I read this: that picture of the guy at LRG that in in charge of *all* the mailings reading this and getting more depressed than he looked in that picture lol

Why does one person have to sit there and decide? It would be incredibly easy to automate that decision given they only sell a few items at any given time. It's not like this is a complex decision to make.

they changed it from 13 ounces? that was a FAA restriction set in place after 9/11
Yeah, less than a month ago according to http://blog.stamps.com/2015/10/22/usps-announces-postage-rate-increase-starts-january-17-2016/.

And prices have gone up. It used to start at $2.04, and only when you get to 8oz that you get $0.11 cheaper at that weight, but a vita game and soundtrack does not even exceed the 6oz weight with bubble mailer, so technically it is more expensive considering you are paying $0.25 more per package, and taking into account hundreds to thousands of packages, that $0.25 difference could amount to hundreds of dollars in total.

All I think of when I read this: that picture of the guy at LRG that in in charge of *all* the mailings reading this and getting more depressed than he looked in that picture lol
Hah, seriously. I remember the picture of when he was shipping out Breach & Clear, and he's just sitting at a desk with piles of mailers on top, and giving the camera a strained smile. XD

if you pre ordered Stranger of Sword City (Limited Edition) - PlayStation Vita on amazon before the 20% was auto deducting check your orders now.

Mine now shows 40% off at $35.99 

Indeed.

My Grand Kingdom also has it now, but since NIS is only putting the PS4 LE on Amazon, and will not be listing the Vita one on Amazon, I guess it'll have to do. Consolation prize... :*(

if you pre ordered Stranger of Sword City (Limited Edition) - PlayStation Vita on amazon before the 20% was auto deducting check your orders now.

Mine now shows 40% off at $35.99
How long was this up for? I didn't even realize they were selling the LE until after they listed discount. I always assumed that apart from Disgaea only NIS sold their LEs.

Is anybody having battery or psn connectivity issues with vita firmware update 3.57 ?

I've been in airplane mode for weeks before the update so I've avoided updating thus far.
Is it safe yet to exit the fallout shelter?

Is anybody having battery or psn connectivity issues with vita firmware update 3.57 ?

I've been in airplane mode for weeks before the update so I've avoided updating thus far.
Maybe? My vita is updated, but haven't used it much.
Battery drain in sleep is not as bad as reported for me.
My vita tv works fine on latest update.

Wait until someone who actually uses it replies I'm.

Both my Vitas (one phat, one slim) have been working great since the last update, no battery drain issues at all. And they both now have far less (or no) connection issues with the PSN store as well.

bread's done
Back