PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that ordered the Asian English version of Dead or Alive xtreme 3 PsVita game from Playasia.. Can you post a pic of the front and back of your game case so I know I'm buying the correct game from someone..
Thx in advance-
When I receive my copy I'll add it to the cover art album.

v7JL6yy.png
too late, DS already did that:

wd30KMF.jpg

What do you guys think is a goods price to snap up Murumasa? I see it for around $22-$23 on amazon brand new.

Should I just grab a cheaper used copy or get a new one while I still can? Im late to the party but im trying to grab the good vita games for my tiny library before it gets harder to find physical copies of the better games out there.

What do you guys think is a goods price to snap up Murumasa? I see it for around $22-$23 on amazon brand new.

Should I just grab a cheaper used copy or get a new one while I still can? Im late to the party but im trying to grab the good vita games for my tiny library before it gets harder to find physical copies of the better games out there.
Eh, from here on out I'd say pick the games up when you can, especially for older titles such as Muramasa. I've seen it less and less lately at Gamestop and only used at that.

My Senran Kagura "lets get physical" edition should be arriving in the mail today....I bought it "new" via gamestop.com.....please dont be a store display gut, pls pls pls....

I know I have a sealed copy of umvc3 and pretty sure I got a sealed copy of doa5+ or whatever its called.

Got both a while back during a target clearance of some kind, no idea they were kinda rare now.

I know I have a sealed copy of umvc3 and pretty sure I got a sealed copy of doa5+ or whatever its called.

Got both a while back during a target clearance of some kind, no idea they were kinda rare now.
I want an extra sealed copy of UMVC3 on vita. I play my copy pretty often, the netplay on it is fun there is always people playing.

I also have my vita version signed by the producer, Nitsuma. :3

Yuuup, got my gamestop.com order.

It was a gutted copy and the cart did not come in a game case, just the white sleeve.

fucking gamestop.

I rather go to the store. At least that way, I can see if its cib lol
I think I got the last New copy gamestop has at all. I talked to a customer service rep on the phone and he said the game shows up as "not available" online at gamestop.com, so there might not be any new copies in the warehouse, or in stores. I literally ordered the last one. So yeah. I guess im stuck with what I got.

Should I return it to a store and get a refund or just keep it :/ Getting a gutted copy sucks, but if I had the original case its supposed to come in I suppose that would be....ok :/

Edit : btw does anyone have ultimate marvel 3 for the vita and would want to play some matches online? im in a bitter mood and want to chuck some laser beams and such online lol.

I hear mixed reviews about this game on vita... don't want to add to my backlog if its unlikely I'll play it
Latest patch did actually improve it a lot. Uses ram and cpu that Sony previously reserved for background apps. Still choppy in places. I went for it for $4 during the flash sale and haven't regretted the purchase.

I think I got the last New copy gamestop has at all. I talked to a customer service rep on the phone and he said the game shows up as "not available" online at gamestop.com, so there might not be any new copies in the warehouse, or in stores. I literally ordered the last one. So yeah. I guess im stuck with what I got.

Should I return it to a store and get a refund or just keep it :/ Getting a gutted copy sucks, but if I had the original case its supposed to come in I suppose that would be....ok :/
Back when I was looking to buy the game a few months ago, it would go in and out of stock pretty regularly. But, like I said, you're not going to get an unopened copy. The case being removed from yours is particularly bad though.

The fact that they ship out "new" products that have been opened is bad enough, but selling you a new product that has been opened and some of the pieces removed is ridiculous.

I hear mixed reviews about this game on vita... don't want to add to my backlog if its unlikely I'll play it

Latest patch did actually improve it a lot. Uses ram and cpu that Sony previously reserved for background apps. Still choppy in places. I went for it for $4 during the flash sale and haven't regretted the purchase.
I put about a dozen or more hours into it earlier this year. It did crash on me a couple of times, but overall it's a solid game. Also well worth noting that the download code that comes with the game for the expansion packs for free expires on May 6th, 2016, so if you buy a copy or have already bought a new copy and not yet played it, you really need to clear a couple GB of space on a memory card and go ahead with getting the six add-on expansions while still available at no extra cost.

Gah, this month is flying by. Trillion releases today!

Went ahead and ordered a new copy or Muramasa off of Amazon for $23. Looks like a fun game. I am a fan of Vanillaware games like Dragons Crown and Odin's Sphere so heres hoping I like this one too.

Went ahead and ordered a new copy or Muramasa off of Amazon for $23. Looks like a fun game. I am a fan of Vanillaware games like Dragons Crown and Odin's Sphere so heres hoping I like this one too.
It was free on PS+ a while back. Honestly I never understood the love for this game. I own it on Wii and also gave the Vita version a try thanks to PS+. It's ok, but the exploration aspect is super basic paths with walls blocking the way and the upgrades don't make the combat actually feel that interesting. It does have some charm and interesting things but at the end of the day I ended up not interested in continuing the experience. I wish Sega would port the Saturn game Shinobi Legions over... I enjoyed every bit of that game even the live action cutscenes, but the slashing at the bamboo effect was just amazing for it's time. Part of it too is the artstyle. i don't hate the vanillaware art style, but It's not something I would buy a game for and I like the more straightforward pixel art better. Hopefully you have more fun with Muramasa than I did.

At that point I would return it and just try and get one used from ebay for cheaper or something. Don't support Gamestops shitty practices.

I was actually thinking of ordering Shinovi versus from their site a few weeks ago as well since I wanted a new physical copy, but was worried about your exact situation happening. It sucks that they get away with that.

Muramasa looks and plays great on Vita. I really enjoyed the art, combat, and story. I finished Momohime's arc, haven't tried Kisuke yet.

Dragon's Crown is still my favorite Vita game to date.

Like an idiot I totally missed out on the Muv-Luv Kickstarter. Does anybody know if there will be a physical release on vita outside the Kickstarter?

Like an idiot I totally missed out on the Muv-Luv Kickstarter. Does anybody know if there will be a physical release on vita outside the Kickstarter?
No. Even the Backerkit is closed.

The Muv Luv people had stated that the chance of a physical release outside Kickstater is immensely slim. If they decide to do it, it would be 2+ years later and only if they think its worth it. Your only chance now is to hope they have extras or pay scalper prices.

No. Even the Backerkit is closed.

The Muv Luv people had stated that the chance of a physical release outside Kickstater is immensely slim. If they decide to do it, it would be 2+ years later and only if they think its worth it. Your only chance now is to hope they have extras or pay scalper prices.
Yeah, I normally don't do KS's for games, but these guys where offering some pretty cool items, and Vita only physical was the push I needed. I don't know why if their actually making physical copies, they can't make more and sale them, but for whatever reason that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't know why if their actually making physical copies, they can't make more and sale them, but for whatever reason that doesn't seem to be the case.
I don't know either, but I can speculate that as a small company it's not worth the financial complications to produce more than is needed for the kickstarter (+defects) and then manage sales. Also the whole deal with supporting the kickstarter was getting the physical version. It's that same thing that drives people to go bananas over even mediocre games offered by LimitedRunGames. So this taps into some of that purchasing fever that surrounds limited produced games as I'm sure a lot of people supported this even if they weren't big fans of the genre. Violating that group of people by offering the physical stuff after the KS is not a good deal when the next project comes along. So it's kind of in their best interest not to produce more physical copies if they want to make more games. Especially if that dilutes the market such that they have to sell them at a loss because availability isn't an issue. Oh and availability is such a huge component of the market these oddball Vita games revolve around. I mean, they could produce another batch of any of the existing rare vita games but once the games are no longer rare the stock is just going to sit there while the price drops because as many collectors as there may be for physical Vita games... it's not that massive a market. Look how quickly things drop to $20 and even $15 now for even some recent releases. It's a massive gamble because the demand is going to be super questionable and a lot of vita gamers have no problem waiting on a sale when the purchase is only going to pad their collection.

Plus they already have a built in ongoing money stream for MuvLuv by making the games digital as well. So physical isn't the only option to play the games and for a lot of developers getting something made physical is an amazing achievement but ultimately they want people to play the games they make which for something like a VN where the market here isn't that huge... digital makes more sense as most likely the prices will have to be good anyway to attract random purchasers and they won't have to pay for and manage any inventory and sales.

But I've kind of had the same sense of bewilderment towards this stuff. Especially the LRG games when it seems they could sell an extra few thousand copies without an issue but they settle for making less money because they are dedicated to not just making a one run game... but cutting the numbers short to ensure it's limited. In the end they are taking a gamble by producing a fixed amount and vowing never to make more... but the end result is that vow also costs them a lot of potential money as scalpers are going to eat up a lot of that market because it's almost a sure thing that the games (regardless of quality) will sell for much more than was paid because they are so under produced. So regardless of what they do to limit purchases... people find ways to work around it and it even tempts regular gamers to buy with the intent to sell.

So sure MuvLuv could be done in a limted batch... but I think ultimately they did give everyone a lot of time to decide if they wanted a physical copy anyway without some miniature limited amount. For anyone that missed it, they can at least still buy the games as they come out digital... I mean if they actually want to play the games... or just pay the scalpers as I'm sure a lot of these physical games will end up being resold once they start showing up in mailboxes.

They dont believe the demand for their product is high and are unwilling to be left with unsold Eng copies of Muv Luv, especially since its a VN.

If the demand is there and Muv Luv Vita sells a good amount on PSN, theyll see what they can do. For now, they are satisfied.

Also, the CE for Muv Luv Vita is very good for what it contains, especially the fact you can sell the digital stuff to recoup costs. At least Muv Luv is a quality title, with Alternative being considered one of the best, if not the best VN out there.

There was loads of time to get in on Muv Luv. They even extended the Backerkit to the first week of March since people were asking them to extend it.

Since this is Vita import central maybe someone here will know. My friend's going to Korea in a couple weeks and if they head to Japan for a couple days while they're there how much do you think IA/VT would cost there?

You're doing it wrong.

Since this is Vita import central maybe someone here will know. My friend's going to Korea in a couple weeks and if they head to Japan for a couple days while they're there how much do you think IA/VT would cost there?
The same price online. Unless they can find a cheaper used copy

I don't know either, but I can speculate that as a small company it's not worth the financial complications to produce more than is needed for the kickstarter (+defects) and then manage sales. Also the whole deal with supporting the kickstarter was getting the physical version. It's that same thing that drives people to go bananas over even mediocre games offered by LimitedRunGames. So this taps into some of that purchasing fever that surrounds limited produced games as I'm sure a lot of people supported this even if they weren't big fans of the genre. Violating that group of people by offering the physical stuff after the KS is not a good deal when the next project comes along. So it's kind of in their best interest not to produce more physical copies if they want to make more games. Especially if that dilutes the market such that they have to sell them at a loss because availability isn't an issue. Oh and availability is such a huge component of the market these oddball Vita games revolve around. I mean, they could produce another batch of any of the existing rare vita games but once the games are no longer rare the stock is just going to sit there while the price drops because as many collectors as there may be for physical Vita games... it's not that massive a market. Look how quickly things drop to $20 and even $15 now for even some recent releases. It's a massive gamble because the demand is going to be super questionable and a lot of vita gamers have no problem waiting on a sale when the purchase is only going to pad their collection.

Plus they already have a built in ongoing money stream for MuvLuv by making the games digital as well. So physical isn't the only option to play the games and for a lot of developers getting something made physical is an amazing achievement but ultimately they want people to play the games they make which for something like a VN where the market here isn't that huge... digital makes more sense as most likely the prices will have to be good anyway to attract random purchasers and they won't have to pay for and manage any inventory and sales.

But I've kind of had the same sense of bewilderment towards this stuff. Especially the LRG games when it seems they could sell an extra few thousand copies without an issue but they settle for making less money because they are dedicated to not just making a one run game... but cutting the numbers short to ensure it's limited. In the end they are taking a gamble by producing a fixed amount and vowing never to make more... but the end result is that vow also costs them a lot of potential money as scalpers are going to eat up a lot of that market because it's almost a sure thing that the games (regardless of quality) will sell for much more than was paid because they are so under produced. So regardless of what they do to limit purchases... people find ways to work around it and it even tempts regular gamers to buy with the intent to sell.

So sure MuvLuv could be done in a limted batch... but I think ultimately they did give everyone a lot of time to decide if they wanted a physical copy anyway without some miniature limited amount. For anyone that missed it, they can at least still buy the games as they come out digital... I mean if they actually want to play the games... or just pay the scalpers as I'm sure a lot of these physical games will end up being resold once they start showing up in mailboxes.
The Physical Vita market is being helped by Vita collectors, IMO. There are some games I would pick up after a consoles life span but with Physical Vita games if you want it there is a much smaller window to pick the game. You can still get deals but if you wait to long you risk the game increasing.

It will be interesting to see if the current Vita Collectors end up dumping their collections or holding on to them as that may affect the prices on a lot of the games. Either way I plan on keeping my collection.

Just a general reminder about upcoming LRG Titles.

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - April 2016

Futuridium EP Deluxe - April 2016

Cosmic Star Heroine - Summer 2016

Volume - Summer 2016

YIIK - 2016

With a whole lot more waiting to be announced or in the pipeline.

VA11-HA11A - Teased

Hopefully LRG announces some more games I actually would buy besides Oddworld and Cosmic Star Heroine.

bread's done
Back