PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually had a situation were the employee had opened my preordered copy of a game and had put it on the floor the day it was released. I was a little upset.
Happened to me twice, at two different GameSlop locations. After the second time I vowed "never again".

I suppose it's time to tune out the gamestop posts for a second for one question. Does anyone know if megaman legends 2 work on the vita? So far it's listed only on the ps3 but legends 1 works on the vita. I'm really hoping it will work on the vita too if not I guess I'm getting yet another ps3 this weekend

I completed the LRG survey earlier today (thanks for the heads up).  For such a simple one page survey, I think they did a really good job.  I answered only a 10 on Racing & Adventure and a 9 on RPG & Action.  Platformers got a 7.  The rest got knocked down as low as a 1 because I figured I'd be honest  and honestly I don't really want a bunch of VN's and Sports games and stuff.

I did say I would like manuals (not a 10 but an, eh... 8)... because as much as I'm old school, I've come to realize that manuals make collecting used games a pain.   I was able to build a nice vita collection quickly because as long as a game had the original box, art & cart.. it was complete.  The manual being digital, to me, proved in practice to be very convenient.  It's easy to pause a game, back out of it, open the manual, read something, then resume play.  If I wanted to read something cover to cover... I could do that too.  If the manual needed a lot of pages, it could have them and some games do have some really great thick digital manuals that IRL would be too fat for the box.   This also means one less thing to worry about later when selling games off.  I tend to do that... buy... play... then decide what is important and sell the rest.  Sometimes it's every game on a platform I own because I feel just done with it... sometimes it's just everything but the best of the best stuff I will replay.  Ultimately I'd like to have a small core physical game collection of less than 40 games (talking all platforms total).  But those games would be the stuff I love the most rather than be full of fluff just because I could buy it.

Anyway it was an interesting survey and the discussion here of manuals really got me thinking.  In the past I would have been all for manuals but honestly, I don't miss the physical versions.   Physical games themselves... that to me is the core.  The rest is just extras which for a collector becomes quite the burden later.  I kind of wish LE's and stuff weren't a thing in the first place.

So in terms of used PS Vita games at Gamestop, the chances of it coming with manual, case, and artwork is slim to known? I just bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 at Gamestop used and had it shipped to home. Are the chances of it coming with manual and case higher if bought from the store?

Gamestop is like the fat girl in room full of guys that is really proud of her busty chest.
Strange, this picture is really vivid to me. Like for some reason, I know exactly what you're talking about. Nice simile or metaphor or whatever.

I got Ragnarok odyssey, the original one.
Good game for $10?
Heard the newer one has extra content, but not sure if it matters?

Also looked around for touikiden and none around me had it. Only had the $15 enhanced version.

Next week I'll be arriving at USA. Where can I find good deals of a PS Vita on Orlando, FL?
Inside the magic kingdom east of the casle, you'll see a shady character wearing a mouse costume, tell him the white rabbit sent you and you want the hatters special.

Good game for $10?

Also looked around for touikiden and none around me had it. Only had the $15 enhanced version.
the newer one doubled the amount of stuff in the normal game

Good game for $10?
I think the newer/enhanced version is Kiwami and that is the version that's 5 bucks. Age of demons came out in 2014, Kiwami came out in 2015.

As far as a manual goes, It's highly unlikely a LRG is ever going to not included it. It would be silly for someone to buy a LE game, and then throw out or loose the manual. I agree in the secondary GS market, manuals are hit and miss, but I don't think that would be an issue with LRG releases.

the newer one doubled the amount of stuff in the normal game
I'm going to play this game casually, don't really mind missing content.

Going to take me a while to complete.

Are the improvement worth the $10 extra?

Might just play this version and if I like it, I might trade up to $20 version.

I'm going to play this game casually, don't really mind missing content.

Going to take me a while to complete.

Are the improvement worth the $10 extra?

Might just play this version and if I like it, I might trade up to $20 version.
Just get Kiwami (the upgraded sequel), it is well worth the extra few bucks.

I was talking about Ragnarok odyssey Ace. I have the regular one.

Funny how both have "Enhanced" versions though.

I will likely got back tomorrow, depending if I like the game or not.

I'm far from owning every Vita title, but one I know for sure that has a manual is Project Diva f 2nd.

So yeah, they are out there.
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Vita also has a nice little foldout with all the character moves. And if I'm not mistaken, I think IA/VT has one as well.

Also, Gamestop has Blazblue Chrono Phantasma for $19.99 used, I think it used to be either $30 or $25 and might've dropped recently, or maybe I just haven't checked in a while. Good to use the 20% off coupon on.

Anyone know what the vita firmware update was?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/06/ps4-system-software-update-3-50-and-ps-vita-update-3-60-now-available-for-download/

After nearly breaking everyone's vita last time, I'm hesitant to accept their stupid updates that have done nothing but remove features since it's release. When was the last time a vita updates was #4theplayers?

It patched some MGS exploit, but I have no idea what that was to begin with. http://wololo.net/2016/04/06/playstation-vita-system-software-3-60-is-now-available/

You might not own it, but I own everything I buy, including digital games from Steam, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Origin, and everywhere else.
You actually don't own those digital games either. You own a license to the game that can be revoked at any time at the online retailer's discretion,

I'm returning Ragnarok odyssey, game was really boring.
All the quest so far have been kill x number of enemies over and over.

3rd return, so want to make sure I get something good.
Sonic racing transformed is great,keeping that one.

Can I buy a psn card with gamestop credit from return?

Do yourself a favor and get the Ace upgrade. Having mercenaries that you can hire is alone worth it. The new areas and enemies make it easily worth it, too. I think it was worth more than double the price. Probably sunk 200 hours into it and the community is still active for online.

I'm far from owning every Vita title, but one I know for sure that has a manual is Project Diva f 2nd.

So yeah, they are out there.
XSeed indicated during their Senran Kagura Estival Versus stream that they couldn't get a manual for the Vita box, like it's not a thing anymore.

XSeed indicated during their Senran Kagura Estival Versus stream that they couldn't get a manual for the Vita box, like it's not a thing anymore.
Can't they just decide to print a manual? Sony has control of what can and can't be placed inside the game case?

Next week I'll be arriving at USA. Where can I find good deals of a PS Vita on Orlando, FL?
Here's a Google search for you to start looking. Remember to use Google Maps to locate the stores that you might want to visit :

https://www.google.com/search?sclient=tablet-gws&site=&source=hp&q=video+game+stores+in+orlando+fl&oq=Video+game+stores+in+orl&gs_l=tablet-gws.1.1.0l3.1329.16949.0.18531.31.20.3.8.9.0.301.3632.0j10j7j2.19.0..2..0...1c.1j4.64.tablet-gws..1.29.3567.0.5WCXM7lCGno

Off the top of my head, Farming Simulator 16 also has a "manual" (it's a one-page insert that tells you the manual is on the cart).  

I have a complete Region 1 Vita set.  This weekend I'll go through the ones I have that aren't sealed and compile a list.

It would be cool if Tweeg could add a designation for "has manual/insert" to his awesome Vita Region 1 Checklist.

Yes I know, second massive disappointment from a major game publisher this week! I read those dumb tweets from Tecmo Koei this morning. Monday we had a Tweet from Bandai Namco revealing the Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment is going to be digital only for Vita in R1, which makes Region 1 the only region not getting a physical release of it. And now this massive blunder from Tecmo Koei on one of the most highly anticipated Vita game releases of the year, it's like they want to go out of business.

Off the top of my head, Farming Simulator 16 also has a "manual" (it's a one-page insert that tells you the manual is on the cart).

I have a complete Region 1 Vita set. This weekend I'll go through the ones I have that aren't sealed and compile a list.

It would be cool if Tweeg could add a designation for "has manual/insert" to his awesome Vita Region 1 Checklist.
That's indeed a feature of the large scale version that I'm working on, but don't count on it being ready anytime soon as my "free time" is neither free nor contains much time.

There are less and less Vita physical games being released this year. I've already preordered Odin Sphere, and am considering preordering Stranger of Sword City and Shiren.

bread's done
Back