PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing Amazon offer a softcover of the artbook with the Vita version, I switched from the PS4 Storybook Edition.
Thanks for the heads up. All I wanted from that PS4 set was the art book anyways, so I'll be doing the same. I wish it was HC, but SC is better than nothing, so I'll take it.

Limited Run Games just came out and said to not bother with asking for an EU release of anything because they're limited to releasing North American titles.

Limited Run Games just came out and said to not bother with asking for an EU release of anything because they're limited to releasing North American titles.
Their games aren't ESRB rated, region free, and they ship worldwide, that seems like a redundant thing for someone to ask about.

Are you talking about EU developed games?

Their games aren't ESRB rated, region free, and they ship worldwide, that seems like a redundant thing for someone to ask about.

Are you talking about EU developed games?
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/718102524536963072

They aren't able to work with European publishers because they print games through Sony America. The region free means yeah, they could make a release but only with the North American version.

Your Best Buy has Vita games?
I work at a Best Buy, we literally have a Vita section with empty shelving for games and it has been that way for months. Best Buy corporate would rather have empty shelving dedicated for Vita games sitting empty than to actually stock and sell Vita games. It's honestly quite embarrassing and I don't know of any other retailer that would go so far out of their way to make a statement to the consumers at large in this manner. I've worked at the store since October of last year and there has only been a single copy of a single Vita game to enter the store's inventory since then, and only because it was an online site-to-store order someone made and then cancelled after it had already arrived to our store.

Last Vita product inventoried was the PS TV core system, which we got about thirty of in and promptly sold out of as it was put on sale/clearance that week for $19.99 or $29.99 (can't remember). The last batch of actual Vita handhelds that came in sold out in a single day back in December and have not been re-stocked (to my knowledge at least) since then. If Best Buy would simply stock the new release Vita titles there's no question that the market demand is strong enough to move them.

I work at a Best Buy, we literally have a Vita section with empty shelving for games and it has been that way for months. Best Buy corporate would rather have empty shelving dedicated for Vita games sitting empty than to actually stock and sell Vita games. It's honestly quite embarrassing and I don't know of any other retailer that would go so far out of their way to make a statement to the consumers at large in this manner. I've worked at the store since October of last year and there has only been a single copy of a single Vita game to enter the store's inventory since then, and only because it was an online site-to-store order someone made and then cancelled after it had already arrived to our store.

Last Vita product inventoried was the PS TV core system, which we got about thirty of in and promptly sold out of as it was put on sale/clearance that week for $19.99 or $29.99 (can't remember). The last batch of actual Vita handhelds that came in sold out in a single day back in December and have not been re-stocked (to my knowledge at least) since then. If Best Buy would simply stock the new release Vita titles there's no question that the market demand is strong enough to move them.
The two BBY's near me are in the same posture. Makes no sense. Empty shelves are lost money. It would be better to reallocate the shelving to PS4 or accessories or ... Anything ... than to leave it fallow.

people don't buy Vita games until they go on clearance. If games sold, stores would carry them.

people don't buy Vita games until they go on clearance. If games sold, stores would carry them.
Doesn't Vita have a pretty high software to hardware ratio?

We're a loyal bunch of supporters which is why ventures like Limited Run Games can have success.

We're a loyal bunch of supporters which is why ventures like Limited Run Games can have success.
That is true but there likely aren't as many hardware owners out there. Physical copies of games are becoming less and less for the Vita for sure.

This subforum is by no means representative of the whole. Also, people here still wait for clearance and sale prices. CAGs aren't going out and buying games full price on day1 in order to support the industry, like you are suggesting in the back of your head.

If you are lucky enough to have a Best Buy near you that stocks anime or Vita software then you would understand. Vita games sit on the shelves forever and people rarely buy them.

Limited Run Games has success because they are selling their namesake, limited games. The people buying those games are collectors and investors/flippers. Why else would someone buy a .99 cent game for $25? It has to be a limited print run in order to sell. That's the appeal. If Saturday morning RPG was in mass production, no one would buy it. Finally, don't kid yourself by thinking LRG is making solid profits. It's a labor of love.

The Print Runs for SCEE could be different from SCEA and require more.

As for LRG. They are hardly making money. In fact, most of the profits are given to the devs and paying for the printing. 

The Print Runs for SCEE could be different from SCEA and require more.

As for LRG. They are hardly making money. In fact, most of the profits are given to the devs and paying for the printing.
You mean most of the revenue (anything given to devs or paying for manufacturing is, by definition, not profit).

But yeah, even if you assumed LRG made 5,000 copies across all platforms of each game and sold each game for $40, that's still only $200k in revenue for each title. That's going to get eaten up pretty quickly with manufacturing and licensing fees.

You seriously just described every Best Buy I have been to in California in the last two years.

This subforum is by no means representative of the whole. Also, people here still wait for clearance and sale prices. CAGs aren't going out and buying games full price on day1 in order to support the industry, like you are suggesting in the back of your head.
Yes and no.
Some games I WILL buy day 1 (bestbuy/Amazon 20% off) while others I will wait for a sale.

My Amazon wish list for Vita games only is about 75% full of upcoming releases.. Not old stuff. I already have 2-3 games pre ordered on vita (again 20% off)

You actually don't own those digital games either. You own a license to the game that can be revoked at any time at the online retailer's discretion,
It seems like people have some reading comprehension issues as of late. I said, I OWN EVERYTHING I BUY and if they want to take it away from me, I'll take things away from them in court.

It seems like people have some reading comprehension issues as of late. I said, I OWN EVERYTHING I BUY and if they want to take it away from me, I'll take things away from them in court.
Good luck. You might want to start with reading those pesky terms and conditions because no one is going to give a fuck just because you said I OWN EVERYTHING I BUY.

Is there a list of all Asian English Vita games. I want to start collecting them before prices get stupid.
Oreshika

Moe Chronicle

Deemo the Last Recital

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Force (Upcoming)

Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

Moero Chronicle Crystal (Upcoming)

I'm starting to understand why CAG has such a dim view of SlickDeals. "Hey look, here's a deal on Vita memory cards! I just bought twelve of them myself! SEE?! And it's well within my right to buy them all (then sell them on eBay for inflated prices, cough)." Someone really needs to work on that "slap a mofo upside the head through your computer" technology, because it would sure be useful right now.

You don't own digital games (with the possible exception of GOG).  You purchase a revocable, non-transferable license and you have access to it as long as the publisher/storefront says that you do.  Digital games can be removed from your library, deleted from the storefront, for any reason.  

It's happened already with many games and entire platforms and will continue in the future.  The PSP Go for example is now useless since it can't access its own storefront.  Playstation Mobile just shut down, everything purchased on the original Xbox, games that can no longer be downloaded on PSN/Xbox Live, etc...

We've gone over this in-depth before.  Good luck in court getting access to your library when you agreed to the ToS that says all this.

You don't own digital games (with the possible exception of GOG). You purchase a revocable, non-transferable license and you have access to it as long as the publisher/storefront says that you do. Digital games can be removed from your library, deleted from the storefront, for any reason.

It's happened already with many games and entire platforms and will continue in the future. The PSP Go for example is now useless since it can't access its own storefront. Playstation Mobile just shut down, everything purchased on the original Xbox, games that can no longer be downloaded on PSN/Xbox Live, etc...

We've gone over this in-depth before. Good luck in court getting access to your library when you agreed to the ToS that says all this.
PSP Go can still access it's download list and you can use media go and the online store to access and buy games so that's not really a good example. A better example would be ps mobile on vita you can not redownload those games and if they weren't activated before a certain date you can't even play them even if you have them backed up.

Is there a list of all Asian English Vita games. I want to start collecting them before prices get stupid.
Prices on some of them have already gotten stupid, that's not to say you might not be able to find a copy on Ebay or elsewhere eventually at a good price second hand though. Generally, keep an eye on www.play-asia.com/games/ps_vita for games getting official price reductions or simply going on sale if you have a title that you know for sure you don't want to miss out on owning. The number of English releases that come out in Southeast Asia isn't very large as most of publishers opt for Chinese-only since that does make up a rather impressive chunk of the sales demographic, English is still an official main or secondary language in many of the smaller nations of Southeast Asia, so when there is an English release for that region the titles tend to sell rather well domestically even without foriegners like us importing.

I honestly wish you the best of luck. I'd love little more than for a court to say "No, that's bullcrap. If you expect them to pay full price, then they own it, and you have to provide some method for them to retain it even if your service ceases to exist." And I think there is legal precedent for courts throwing out EULAs and ToCs for it being completely unreasonable to expect the average person to read and understand dozens of pages of legal-ese, but if you think you can just go "lol, I sue you" and get your games back with a snap of your fingers, you've got quite the reality check coming should it happen.

I also find it kind of weird that people are claiming that everyone in this thread waits for vita games to go on clearance when I feel like I see far more talk of buying things as soon as they launch for fear of them going out of stock.

Edit: Post was more inflammatory than I intended.

I bought the game when it was on sale, on the promise of a Vita port.

I don't have a PS3 or PS4.
Same, I bought only to play it on the Vita. I can't see myself playing this game on PS4.

*Update: Finally found my answer.

Looks like someone reached out to them directly and got this response, which makes no sense. From what I heard they had the dev kits for about 2 years which they posted on their facebook page.
8XtHu7F.png

vle8AaT.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4b0xtl/pier_solar_vita_port_cancelled/

I'm starting to understand why CAG has such a dim view of SlickDeals. "Hey look, here's a deal on Vita memory cards! I just bought twelve of them myself! SEE?! And it's well within my right to buy them all (then sell them on eBay for inflated prices, cough)." Someone really needs to work on that "slap a mofo upside the head through your computer" technology, because it would sure be useful right now.
I've advocated for years to have CAG private and require registration to view deals. And a ban for existing members who are found out doing exactly what you described.

I'd love little more than for a court to say "No, that's bullcrap. If you expect them to pay full price, then they own it, and you have to provide some method for them to retain it even if your service ceases to exist." And I think there is legal precedent for courts throwing out EULAs and ToCs for it being completely unreasonable to expect the average person to read and understand dozens of pages of legal-ese, but if you think you can just go "lol, I sue you" and get your games back with a snap of your fingers, you've got quite the reality check coming should it happen.
There is legal precedent for it, but it's very limited in scope. The larger legal precedent supports revocable licensing of software. ProCD vs. Zeidenberg is the most commonly-cited US Supreme Court case on it. The Court held that software licences are "ordinary contracts accompanying the sale of products, and therefore as governed by the common law of contracts and the Uniform Commercial Code." Essentially, by paying for it and opening/downloading the software you are agreeing to whatever EULA the software owner has on it (including the ability to revoke that licence), so long as there is some sort of prior notice that the software is subject to a licence agreement.

I've advocated for years to have CAG private and require registration to view deals. And a ban for existing members who are found out doing exactly what you described.
Cheapy's gotta make the greenbacks so leaving it public means non-members see more ads.

Same, I bought only to play it on the Vita. I can't see myself playing this game on PS4.

*Update: Finally found my answer.

Looks like someone reached out to them directly and got this response, which makes no sense. From what I heard they had the dev kits for about 2 years which they posted on their facebook page.
Thanks for doing the research, I also bought it when it was on sale for the Vita Crossbuy... fuck

Sounds like they are full of crap from a few of those reddit posts. They just decided to drop the port and not tell anyone.

I bought the game when it was on sale, on the promise of a Vita port.

I don't have a PS3 or PS4.
That's exactly why I didn't buy Skullgirls when it was on sale for PS4 recently. I was sure it would never come to Vita, but after a long delay, it just did. So now I'm stuck with a PS3 code when I would much rather have it on Vita.

Thanks for doing the research, I also bought it when it was on sale for the Vita Crossbuy... fuck

Sounds like they are full of crap from a few of those reddit posts. They just decided to drop the port and not tell anyone.
what sucks is i got it on the ps3 only cause the makers of the game said They would give everyone a copy for the vita when it came out for free... that was a waste of cash
Huge insult is until that guy reached out to them directly about this they wouldn't have said anything at all, they just seem happy selling Genesis and Dreamcast versions of the game. I am surprised this news just fell under the radar, I figure this would have hit all the major game sites but no one seems to have written any articles about it.

Huge insult is until that guy reached out to them directly about this they wouldn't have said anything at all, they just seem happy selling Genesis and Dreamcast versions of the game. I am surprised this news just fell under the radar, I figure this would have hit all the major game sites but no one seems to have written any articles about it.
No one cares about Vita games or 16-bit RPGs which is why no one wrote about it. But the reason why there's no Vita port is 'cause they'd obviously have to pay Sony royalties to develop for that platform. Sega is probably not going to go after someone making garage games for Genesis and Dreamcast.

In the description, it mentions this made from military grade material. Does that mean glass? I'm interested in this, anyone have experience with it?
I think it's the best screen protector for the Vita. I have one for both the OG Vita and Vita Slim. It's not made of the glass material. The glass material leaves streaks that you constantly have to wipe off.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I think it's the best screen protector for the Vita. I have one for both the OG Vita and Vita Slim. It's not made of the glass material. The glass material leaves streaks that you constantly have to wipe off.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
streaks that you constantly have to wipe off? do you use your vita with greasy fingers?..

the look and feel of the cheap plastic crap is horrible once you go glass. the zagg shields i have used before have always had an off color look to them making the screen look dull. (and many plastic films do the same)

http://gadgetstouse.com/gadget-tech/why-tempered-glass-is-better/25427

The tempered glass won’t affect colors, image quality and sharpness from your display. Plastic screen protector can obscure light transmitting from your display thus affecting color gamut on your device. Thus if you like watching images and videos or are passionate about smartphone photography, Tempered glass is the one you should choose
This is a HUGE reason glass just makes plastic film look like crap.. once you put a glass screen on, you will never want to go back to that dull cloudy plastic.

bread's done
Back