PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my Stranger of Sword City LE from Amazon, and it was shipped in a wrapped cardboard piece.

Crushed on the outer sides, but probably just going to keep it since it was double discount.

Still sadface though. T___T

Exactly. No one should care what someone wants to collect. If someone wants all vita games, some vita games, naked anime waifu statues, etc that's for them to choose

Vita is the only system I'm currently going for complete on and all the other systems I just get big games or hidden gems
I am right there with you. I want to go for a collect NA Vita collection, simply because I can. I don't do this for every console and tend to just pick up games for other consoles that I actually want to play or if they are cheap enough I just can't resist. These LRG releases are very limited and if you miss out on getting them from LRG then you'll pay more (usually quite a bit more) on the secondary market. I have a digital copy of Oddworld, it was free on PS+ a few months back, but I love the series and definitely want a physical copy for my collection so with this I will never open the copy I get from LRG and I've essentially paid $30 for a game that I not only have access to play right now, but one that will simply sit on my shelf, but that is what I want to do with my money dammit!

Same here, though I was considering a turbografx 16 complete set. I think magical chase ruins that, though.
Yeah that's usually the one but it also has less than 100 games I believe. Magical chase is untouchable though for the most part just because you can't even necessarily buy it even if you would throw whatever it cost at it

Interesting...I had a copy of Oddworld in my cart from this morning and was able to check out with it a minute ago. Shopify is so weird.

I am right there with you. I want to go for a collect NA Vita collection, simply because I can. I don't do this for every console and tend to just pick up games for other consoles that I actually want to play or if they are cheap enough I just can't resist. These LRG releases are very limited and if you miss out on getting them from LRG then you'll pay more (usually quite a bit more) on the secondary market. I have a digital copy of Oddworld, it was free on PS+ a few months back, but I love the series and definitely want a physical copy for my collection so with this I will never open the copy I get from LRG and I've essentially paid $30 for a game that I not only have access to play right now, but one that will simply sit on my shelf, but that is what I want to do with my money dammit!
I'm in the same boat. Right now sitting on only 3 games missing after I get my packages in the mail. Only missing blazblue cp extend, which GameStop sent me a generic case copy that I returned, trillion, and sword art online

It would be interesting if we did have someone that was actually so Vita crazy that they wanted to have a full collection for everything released world wide. Most people here mainly just mean games released physically in this region.
I'm not quite to that level, but my Vita collection is a complete physical English language collection. I've got the full North American set plus the Asian/Japan/Euro physical exclusives that had English voice or subtitles.

I agree that it was more fun tracking stuff down before eBay made pretty much any title available at any time (although I haven't seen a Dino Park Tycoon pop up there within the past couple years to complete my 3DO set), but I still enjoy the hunt - especially deal hunting during the last days of a console's retail lifecycle like the Vita is in right now.

Interesting...I had a copy of Oddworld in my cart from this morning and was able to check out with it a minute ago. Shopify is so weird.
Omg I had one of the Vita copies in my cart from earlier, and I was able to check out 5 mins before schedule. I got the email confirmation too! Thanks for saying this!

easy score.

you guys should try hard drops like the Alien prints going up for sale tomorrow at Mondo and Bottleneck galleries lol

unnamed2_zpsu7kshjqk.jpg

Nag ill pass on the vita. I got a ps4 copy and digital copy. I hardly buy vita games plus I still gotta wait for my fire emblem music collectors edition for me to charge

Snagged one this time, I missed out earlier damn vita version was gone in like 2 minutes. Was worried I'd be to slow this time since I'm at work and had to use my phone.

Btw it seems like IFFY is sending out confirmation charge emails for MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune Zombies LE with REMOVABLE HAT!

Grabbed one of each. My first LRG purchase. Thanks to the CAG who suggested creating an account in advance. I wouldn't have thought to do that on my own. Vita version for me, PS4 for my brother come Christmas. Worth the $$$.

Sure it's ultimately pointless but so is collecting anything and even playing videogames.

Still, those days are well behind me. Collecting stuff has kind of lost it's fun. I'd rather just take my family on some odd adventure.... though if it's near a walmart that has some 16gb Vita cards for $10... well... it doesn't hurt to check the store for a few min. :whistle2:$
Playing video games isn't completely pointless, despite my mom always said so, and far from that, if the result became fruitful which got me into homebrew programming, game programming jobs and some titles released and then move on some other works, and many situations I could say I know games better than those so called "game designers" do. There is a lot of things can be learnt from playing video games.

Everyone in some point is collecting something, which I guess is human nature, but sooner or later (most likely after grown up and have a family) we will find that those things are just occupying space (even digitally) while already have spent so much time on it. And your other half, if lucky enough, will tell you to get rid of them. And then worse comes... you find some other stuffs to collect and start the craziness all over again.

Some like to collect video games, I like to collect my used condoms from past conquests I've had. Only have 2 in my collection so far but hope to get more. I was able to score a Vita and PS4 version of Oddworld though.

got the ps4 version this morning had had a problem getting the vita version but ended getting it no problem this afternoon had to pay shipping 2x but O well i am just happy i got both 

Woot got a Vita version, would've gotten a PS4 one but already have the game digitally there so didn't find a reason to spend another $30.

Just got my Stranger of Sword City LE from Amazon, and it was shipped in a wrapped cardboard piece.

Crushed on the outer sides, but probably just going to keep it since it was double discount.

Still sadface though. T___T
Sorry to hear about that, but I'm sure you won't be alone. I guess that was the pro VS. con of it all, was if the discount was worth the almost guaranteed damages. I opted to pay the full price, and extra shipping cost to NISA, as I can get as many replacements as I need from them if and when damages happen. Amazon is not so great in that department.

I think it's funny how getting a whole Vita game collection is a thing for some people. Like wow, you bought a bunch of shitty $10-15 games no one wanted along with a dozen other overpriced nonsense titles. Stressing over dropping 100 bones for the likes of Breach & Clear or Retro City Rampage lol. One could aim a little higher.

Just buy the games you like. You don't need the added stress. Your life won't feel more complete when that day finally comes where they stop producing Vita games and you have them all. I promise! Besides, the lines are already blurred with multi-regional Eng releases in Hong Kong and China.

Speaking from a collector's PoV you're going to get to a point where all your shelves are full and you wished you hadn't bought so many crappy games, and wished you had focused on buying only great games instead.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. There was a time when I would not have agreed but I'm tired of stepping over or around boxes full of games for systems that I've been keeping for posterity. I also never thought I would embrace digital, but it's been the best thing that has happened to me as a gamer. Granted, Vita games don't take up much space, but the fact that I am holding into a sealed copy of Lego: Chima's Journey is just dumb. Not selling it, though! :D

i've never been into game collecting, i just bought what i wanted to play

i guess a few things inspired me to start collecting for vita!

-seeing youtubers going for complete collections (they are def driving up prices for "retro" games)

-relatively small/cheap library for the vita, with not much shovelware. lots of weird/quirky J-games i like.

-remember downloading the complete NA snes rom library.rar? now i'll just own them all!

-all the games have trophies as well, so never out of games to trophy hunt.

-i find the vita game cases to be adorably cute

-digital games will be a problem, the PSP storefront is closed down already, my 64GB became full the instant i received it.

-i'm buying the games i want first, so all the crappy cheap games no one wants i buy at the end, when i already have a large collection and i'm getting closer to having the complete set. even if i get bored of collecting, i'll have games i want.

I think I've become less a collector and more a player which is good. Still have bought the LRG games though frankly Breach and Clear is not my type of game. That was the impulse purchase for sure.
I think I've become less a collector and more a hoarder...which is less good.

easy score.

you guys should try hard drops like the Alien prints going up for sale tomorrow at Mondo and Bottleneck galleries lol

unnamed2_zpsu7kshjqk.jpg

No problem with them either. Some are harder than others, but I've always been able to get the ones I really wanted.

n7048x.jpg

I think I've become less a collector and more a hoarder...which is less good.
Welcome to the club... but surely I'll need that 15th Atari 2600 eventually, right? :whistle2:

Region 1 Directory and Checklist have been updated.:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

New titles officially released today and tomorrow have been added to both documents. Several release date errors pertaining specifically to recent 2016 titles in the Directory were discovered and corrected. These were the direct result of laziness on my part, specifically failure to double check my own work. My apologies to anyone who may have been confused by the incorrect dates.

No problem with them either. Some are harder than others, but I've always been able to get the ones I really wanted.

n7048x.jpg
I tried and dropped the ball with the Silent Hill print they released last week. I would imagine they had maybe ten or so left from ECCC so the odds were stacked against me...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-26/aksys-games-to-release-tri-ace-exist-archive-ps4-ps-vita-rpg-in-n-america/.101470

"North American video game publisher Aksys Games announced on Monday that it will publish Spike Chunsoft and tri-Ace's Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky sideview role-playing game on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in North America on October 18.

Aksys Games confirmed that the game will get both a physical and digital release in North America, and that it will also release the game in Europe "in one form or another."

bread's done
Back