PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me if we've addressed this complaint before... but you know you can delete games and they will still be there on the store ready to go in your purchase history. Sure a few games require the PS3 to download to then push to the Vita... but most games are pretty easy to find again and redownload.

I mean, I'm easily surviving with no problems with an 8gb card.

My installed full games are:

The Swapper, Flower, Xeodrifter, Final Fantasy Origins, MechoWars, Fighting Force, Strider 2, Castlevania SotN, Magic Carpet, Dungeon Explorer, Oddworld Abe's Oddysee, Breath of Fire 4, Don't Starve Giant Edition, FEZ, Home, La-Mulana EX, Shovel Knight, Lone Survivor, Mutant Blobs Attack, Retro City Rampage DX, Dragon Fantasy, SteamWorld Dig, Limbo, Terraria, Flying Hamster HD, Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, Teslagrad, Star Wars Pinball, Tom Clancy's EndWar, & Futuridium EP Deluxe.

I still have over 1.5GB of free space... and I'm on an 8GB card.

I have 30 full games installed... which is more games than I can even focus on ready to go... plus the data+updates for 6 retail physical games. If I wanted to download a much bigger game, I'd just go in and clean out some of the stuff I'm not playing.

It's purely on you not having enough space on a 64GB card. I mean, manage your storage space. If I can manage with an 8gb card, I would think 64gb would be nothing to complain about. Especially if you are buying most of the big games in physical form anyway.

Futuridium is 261MB installed.
I am working with a 16GB and an 8GB memory card. But I'm turning my nose up at anything that is over a 1.5GB because I'm running out of space. And there are issues with connecting my vita to my computer, and that means save data is attached to the game files (my 2nd most HATED thing about the system, after the expensive and now hard to find memory cards). So If I were to just "delete the big games", I would lose the save data along with it. I gave up on borderlands 2, only because after DLC and everything it took up 70% of the space on my 8GB card, and I own it on PC. but I lost 17 hours of game save data, because the sony memory management software (or my virus checker) doesn't like something and keeps wiping the folder on my hard drive.

EDIT: I don't have Ps+ to upload to the cloud

Obviously you don't have any larger Vita games installed on your 8gb card; if you did, you'd only have 4-5 games. I have a 64gb card in one Vita, and a 32gb card in another one; the 64gb only has about 2.5gb left, and even then I have to be selective about what I add to it. My 4, 8, and 16gb cards are all just sitting in a drawer.

It's great having a lot of games available to play whenever you want, if they made a 128gb card, I'd definitely get one. The more the merrier.
Did I mention that the small and expensive memory cards were my number 1 pet peeve with the system. however a 128Gb card might have a particular issue...

Sony: A snappy "near HD" handheld video game system, that we can make huge AAA games for, with snazzy graphics and effects. Let's advertise that the basic memory cards can only hold 2-3 AAA games PER 8GB card. There is no problem here! In fact lets make sure the west doesn't have the largest capacity memory card, because we are too lazy to fix a software limitation of 100 icons maximum running on the vita at any given time.

I've got 50GB of Vita games on my main card, mostly PS+ content (but I've had to delete many things as well; Uncharted comes to mind, tho I'm never going to play that) ; also  9GB of PSP games. Grim Fandango and Helldivers are each more than 3GB. There will eventually be a time when they shut down access (like Playstation Mobile), at which point this will matter more.

I've got a 8MB and two 64GB cards full, with a 16GB as backup. Easier and faster to swap memory cards than redownload the game AND redownload the saves (assuming you backed them up somewhere before deleting it from the card (.

My 64GB memory card hasn't shipped yet and then the box came dented is it going to be worth any money down the road LRG is a waste of money digital > physical here's a list of all the stupid Vita games I have to buy for my complete collection.

So what's everyone playing?
US: Finishing up Persona 4; next up Suikoden 2.
Asia: About to start Samurai Warriors 4-II.
Japan: Gundam Breaker 2.

Even before I had a kid, I couldn't find the time to juggle having a dozen or more games installed on my Vita.  I just don't get it.  Do people play each game 15 minutes a day?  Or play some games only once every few weeks or what?  I have a 32GB that is only about 60% full from 10 games and I really have no reason to keep 7 of those installed other than being too lazy to delete them.

It's the same for my Xbox One.  12 games installed and sitting at 75%, but I only play 4 or 5 of them regularly.  Why spend the money and effort to do all this juggling with extra memory cards and external hard drives?  It's madness!!

Make sure you get all the characters in Suikoden 1. I screwed up and the completionist in me made me do it all over.

PS One Classic: Resident Evil 2 (Never get tired of this game)

Vita: MegaTagmension Blanc and as soon as it arrives Gundam Breaker 3!

Even before I had a kid, I couldn't find the time to juggle having a dozen or more games installed on my Vita. I just don't get it. Do people play each game 15 minutes a day? Or play some games only once every few weeks or what? I have a 32GB that is only about 60% full from 10 games and I really have no reason to keep 7 of those installed other than being too lazy to delete them.

It's the same for my Xbox One. 12 games installed and sitting at 75%, but I only play 4 or 5 of them regularly. Why spend the money and effort to do all this juggling with extra memory cards and external hard drives? It's madness!!
My son is the reason why I have so many games installed. Before he was old enough, I wouldn't have played certain games, now he plays almost as much as I have time to do, so I have age appropriate games on my various systems.

PS One Classic: Resident Evil 2 (Never get tired of this game)
Vita: MegaTagmension Blanc and as soon as it arrives Gundam Breaker 3!
I never stop playing Dancing All Night, or Adventure Bar Labyrinth (PS Mobile).

I've been deadass stuck on Hrungnir in Ragnarok Odyssey, so that's on hold. Also playing a few indies; The Swapper, Metrico, Teslagrad.

Just ordered WRC 4, Sid Meier's, and Gundam Breaker 3 from Play-Asia.

Must. Stop. Buying. Games.

I'm not even a collector and my backlog is 30 games deep :/

And yes, RE2 is great, even on your fifth playthrough.

Just ordered WRC 4, Sid Meier's, and Gundam Breaker 3 from Play-Asia.

Must. Stop. Buying. Games.

I'm not even a collector and my backlog is 30 games deep :/

And yes, RE2 is great, even on your fifth playthrough.
I wish my backlog was only 30 games deep. :rofl:

You can never have enough games though. The mere satisfaction one gets receiving a package in the mail with a crisp, sealed game to open and enjoy ... the smell of fresh plastic. :bouncy:

It's great having a lot of games available to play whenever you want, if they made a 128gb card, I'd definitely get one. The more the merrier.
Same here. I just took a trip, had my 64gb card almost 100% full, and 20 physical games went with me on the flights. Million times better to decide on the fly what I want to play, and have the OPTION to change for any reason. Finding a safe WiFi to download anything.. not easy. I did connect the Vita to WiFi at the house I was staying, but mainly only played anything while at the airport or in flight.

I did show off Remote play though, fired up my PS4 from 2200 miles away and played a little Fallout 4 on the Vita! :twoguns:

I had planned to start playing one game... and I never touched it.

True, my largest install right now is 468MB for Oddworld Abes Odysee. If I wanted to install a digital version of a larger game, then I'd just upload all of my saves to the cloud and delete stuff I wasn't playing and focus on actually playing that large game. It's completely managable. I do have a large physical library though, so most of the large games I already have in physical form. So it ballances out. I wouldn't buy Terraria in retail form because it was just so freaking tiny to download. Same for Futuridium and most of the other games I have installed. If I upgrade to a 64gb card, I think I would realistically just sell off my entire physical library as the digital versions go on sale cheaper than the physical sells for. I mean, I already grabbed P4G digital during one of the sales in anticipation of doing this eventually anyway. I'd still have to keep games like Asphalt Injection since they are physical only, but most games I could pretty easily just sell off at that point.

I'm mainly just saying, if I can survive on 8GB... it seems like anyone with a reastic idea of what they want to play could easily survive on 64GB. Of course if you want more and more space above that, that's cool. It just seems silly to complain about it.
Download a game like say Neptunia ReBirth 1. Download ALL the DLC.... save the game. Delete the game to make room for something else.

Then go ahead and just re install the game again. With Sony's complete CF that is the PSN store... it's super easy to download the game again and ALL the DLC again right?...

So yes, IF you are a person that can plan out exactly what they will play, and never deviate... Sure, an 8GB card can work for you. But at least for me I may plan to play a certain game, but when I do get time to play with the Vita... I may not want to, or be able to, immerse myself in a big RPG/etc. I may decide I want to play something a little less involved.

Thats where the 64GB card gives me that option.

I mean, I'm easily surviving with no problems with an 8gb card.

My installed full games are:

The Swapper, Flower, Xeodrifter, Final Fantasy Origins, MechoWars, Fighting Force, Strider 2, Castlevania SotN, Magic Carpet, Dungeon Explorer, Oddworld Abe's Oddysee, Breath of Fire 4, Don't Starve Giant Edition, FEZ, Home, La-Mulana EX, Shovel Knight, Lone Survivor, Mutant Blobs Attack, Retro City Rampage DX, Dragon Fantasy, SteamWorld Dig, Limbo, Terraria, Flying Hamster HD, Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, Teslagrad, Star Wars Pinball, Tom Clancy's EndWar, & Futuridium EP Deluxe.

Futuridium is 261MB installed.

True, my largest install right now is 468MB for Oddworld Abes Odysee.
Maybe you don't have them, but there are several games that are 3gb+ on the vita. You could barely fit 2 of them on a memory card. You can list all you want but indie and ps1 classics are obviously going to take up less space. Hardly telling of the entire vita library.

Also you mention why people can't stick to one game at a time yet look at how many games you have on it.

If I wanted to install a digital version of a larger game, then I'd just upload all of my saves to the cloud and delete stuff I wasn't playing and focus on actually playing that large game.
PS+ required

Looks like HeavyArm U-Store is getting some more stock of vita physical english imports for those who are interested,

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Oreshika

& Moe Chronicle(I think) for you deviants, you know who you are. ;) :lol:

I was hesitant last time around some of these came in stock as I never heard of the store before.  But considering they seem to gotten nothing but praise from some fellow CAGs, I'm going to give them a shot this time and try to snag Delta & Oreshika.  I feel dirty enough just looking up Moe Chronicle, I don't want to stroke my vita....no matter how much some of you might tell me to.

Looks like HeavyArm U-Store is getting some more stock of vita physical english imports for those who are interested,

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Oreshika
& Moe Chronicle(I think) for you deviants, you know who you are. ;) :lol:

I was hesitant last time around some of these came in stock as I never heard of the store before. But considering they seem to gotten nothing but praise from some fellow CAGs, I'm going to give them a shot this time and try to snag Delta & Oreshika. I feel dirty enough just looking up Moe Chronicle, I don't want to stroke my vita....no matter how much some of you might tell me to.

Thanks for this post. Requested Oreshika.

Damn it, do I buy it now or wait?
I am going to wait. If there are more than 5 near you, I would wait too. I think this is a permanent price drop (just a guess) so you might be able to wait it out and not worry about the price jumping up again. The PS3 version price has remained at the lowered price too I think. I have a considerable backlog so that is helping me make the decision to wait.

Damn it, do I buy it now or wait?
Depends on your backlog size. If you're not going to get to it for a while, it'll probably drop more before it goes out of stock. If you are planning on playing it soon, I'd highly recommend just getting it now and playing it. I'm about 80% through it, and to me, it's the best JRPG I've played since P4G.

My local GS has it as well, but it's gutted :bomb:
I like how you use the little hate emoticon as if this is something new and unexpected. On a special edition like this only the outer box should be opened, the actual guts will still be separately sealed. So if you want to buy it locally... and you actually intend on playing it, then you still get it, basically untouched. If you have to have it sealed then you shouldn't be shopping at GS for new games outside of pre-orders. Someone should take some time to notify Amazon and see if they'll price match it. That would be a pretty decent deal since it would cut the tax out as well. Me personally, I can wait for the standalone version (or this one) to hit $20 or at most $30.

Trails of Steel Lionheart Edition for Vita dropped to $39.99 (New) at gamestop http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-lionheart-edition/125480

There are a lot in my area and I was planning on waiting until this converted to preowned and this looks to be dropping in price as the sequel will be coming soon. It may pay to be patient on this
Would buy this, but odds are they would send JUST the cart... like has happened to others here.

I like how you use the little hate emoticon as if this is something new and unexpected. On a special edition like this only the outer box should be opened, the actual guts will still be separately sealed. So if you want to buy it locally... and you actually intend on playing it, then you still get it, basically untouched. If you have to have it sealed then you shouldn't be shopping at GS for new games outside of pre-orders. Someone should take some time to notify Amazon and see if they'll price match it. That would be a pretty decent deal since it would cut the tax out as well. Me personally, I can wait for the standalone version (or this one) to hit $20 or at most $30.
Hate emoticon? I always thought and use it as when I cannot get what I am entitled to. I would use a little baby with diapers rolling on the ground crying, but CAG does not have that.

I have had luck with sealed LEs at my GS before, I would love to shop elsewhere but I have credit at GS. Unfortunately my GS does not allow me to buy Kindle card with credit, so basically stuck with them. That's why I bought Zestria CE from them instead of Amazon.

Hate emoticon? I always thought and use it as when I cannot get what I am entitled to. I would use a little baby with diapers rolling on the ground crying, but CAG does not have that.

I have had luck with sealed LEs at my GS before, I would love to shop elsewhere but I have credit at GS. Unfortunately my GS does not allow me to buy Kindle card with credit, so basically stuck with them. That's why I bought Zestria CE from them instead of Amazon.
Doesn't GS sell ebay gift cards, and you should be able to use a GS card to buy one? If so you should be able to convert.

Region 1 Directory and Checklist have both been updated... again:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

I wish my backlog was only 30 games deep. :rofl:

You can never have enough games though. The mere satisfaction one gets receiving a package in the mail with a crisp, sealed game to open and enjoy ... the smell of fresh plastic. :bouncy:
My backlog is somewhere around or upwards of a thousand games presently. Keep telling myself I'll find a winning lotto ticket and live a hermit's life of seclusion in a bunker somewhere along the 33rd parallel doing almost nothing but playing games and trolling folk on Nintendo message boards, but none of the lotto tickets I've found along the side of the road have had winning numbers on them so far. :roll:

Going to go take a look at the gutted lionheart after lunch. It's the game, the artbook and the pin inside the package according to its Amazon page. Is the pin or the artbook individually sealed?

Going to go take a look at the gutted lionheart after lunch. It's the game, the artbook and the pin inside the package according to its Amazon page. Is the pin or the artbook individually sealed?
The pin has its own little baggie. The art book does not have any shrink wrap around it.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:19046]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:19045]

The pin has its own little baggie. The art book does not have any shrink wrap around it.
Thanks man, this is great help. I will have to carefully examine the artbook then. Don't want other men touching my artbooks.

EDIT: The awesome dude hooked me up with a sealed one from the back :whee:

bread's done
Back