PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
This was part of the Hurricane Sandy fund-raiser sale that Aksys had on their website. The Red, Blue, and Green watches were only available with the pre-orders for Virtue's Last Reward. The Yellow was exclusive to the fund-raiser bundle with the game.

I've got all of them - 999, all four colors for VLR, and a pre-order for Ze3 locked in. Kind of a neat collection, but honestly I'll probably look to dump them all at some point here; I have way too much crap.
Yea, I dumped all mine for the same reason. Wasn't hard to convince me when they sold for $100-$175 a piece.

This probably doesn't help much at this point, but I bought Toukiden Kiwami during that $5 sale and it came complete with case and original artwork.
Yeah, I ordered two copies and they both came like new. I would guess that the type of person who would enjoy a very niche game like this would be obsessive about the condition of their games.

Yeah, I ordered two copies and they both came like new. I would guess that the type of person who would enjoy a very niche game like this would be obsessive about the condition of their games.
Couldn't you also apply that argument for most Vita owners, since the Vita is essentially a niche console? The problem with this statement is that I've seen far too many Vita games without their original case being sold on Ebay and at Gamestop locations. Your experience seems to be the exception, not the rule.

So guys and gals, how many Vita games in your collection do you not have the original case for?

Was just looking through my own collection and noted I have six games without original cases.
Currently have 142 PS Vita games right now in its original cases. Got most of the rare ones out of the way(couple rare ps vita games were minimum $100)

I lost count of how many games I have in my collection, but it's approaching the high 80s I think. Only one that does not have the full artwork is the Walking Dead Season 2. I'm thinking about rebuying it with the complete artwork, but only once I find it for $10 or less.

~~Can someone provide the link to the checklist? I always seem to lose it in this thread, and I'm too foolish to save the site in my favorites.

I think I only have 1 Vita game without the artwork.  It doesn't really bother me though.  I don't keep my cartridge based games in the boxes anyway, and I can just store the box it came in away instead of displaying it with the rest of the empty boxes.

These days, a good deal is a good deal.

I lost count of how many games I have in my collection, but it's approaching the high 80s I think. Only one that does not have the full artwork is the Walking Dead Season 2. I'm thinking about rebuying it with the complete artwork, but only once I find it for $10 or less.

~~Can someone provide the link to the checklist? I always seem to lose it in this thread, and I'm too foolish to save the site in my favorites.
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/index.html

I would've said that I only buy complete games because I like for my collection to be complete, but I literally just came back from Gamestop with a copy of Supremacy MMA in their generic case. I think I can make an exception or two. ;)

I would've said that I only buy complete games because I like for my collection to be complete, but I literally just came back from Gamestop with a copy of Supremacy MMA in their generic case. I think I can make an exception or two. ;)
I have 7 copies of that game in generic cases. Had to order 8 before I received a complete one. Need to get around to selling the others.

The Vita 2000 is much better than the 1000. I replaced my used 1000 with a new 2000 and enjoy it much better. The reduced weight, better speakers and Micro-USB port are much much better options than an OLED screen from the time period where Tim Cook wouldn't include one in the iPhone due to quality issues. 

The Vita 2000 is much better than the 1000. I replaced my used 1000 with a new 2000 and enjoy it much better. The reduced weight, better speakers and Micro-USB port are much much better options than an OLED screen from the time period where Tim Cook wouldn't include one in the iPhone due to quality issues.
I own both versions and actually agree. The screen is marginally better on the OLED model provided you aren't outdoors during the day, but everything else about the slim model, from ergonomics to sound to battery life, is significantly better than the OLED model.

I own both versions and actually agree. The screen is marginally better on the OLED model provided you aren't outdoors during the day, but everything else about the slim model, from ergonomics to sound to battery life, is significantly better than the OLED model.
I'm waiting for a good deal to come up for a 2000 model. I'd love to get one for $100 or less, I just have the 1000 model now and love the OLED screen, but having played around with the 2000 model I like overall design much better and the LCD screen is still fantastic, just not as good as the OLED, which is the only superior quality of the 1000 model IMO.

question for any member who order from heavy-arm site. 

do they send a email when items you bought get mailed?

I placed an order last week and no shipping email yet.

Criminal Girls 2 Limited Editions up on NISA's Website!
The censorship post made me laugh a bit. The "Censored" image to me seems worse than the original. Ok, they got rid of the rope holding the girl, but now it looks like the girl is just sitting there spread eagle.

lol that is not why he didn't include an oled screen on iphones.

Couldn't you also apply that argument for most Vita owners, since the Vita is essentially a niche console? The problem with this statement is that I've seen far too many Vita games without their original case being sold on Ebay and at Gamestop locations. Your experience seems to be the exception, not the rule.
When I said Toukiden is extremely niche, I meant that it's a very Japanesecentric (you play a samurai) and/or Monster Hunter-like game, which enjoys little recognition outside of Japan. Vita is niche now but it obviously was never intended to be. Early on it had great mainstream titles like Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Resistance and Killzone. Most of Sony's vaunted franchises are there. Tecmo Koei, by contrast, makes Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Ninja Gaiden, all pretty niche.

I'm waiting for a good deal to come up for a 2000 model. I'd love to get one for $100 or less, I just have the 1000 model now and love the OLED screen, but having played around with the 2000 model I like overall design much better and the LCD screen is still fantastic, just not as good as the OLED, which is the only superior quality of the 1000 model IMO.
You hit the nail on the head^

The OLED was awesome, but I find everything else on the 2000 to be superior in every way. I also find the LCD to be pretty damn good, not as good as the OLED, but very nice along side every other handheld device I own(smartphone, tablet, etc).

question for any member who order from heavy-arm site.

They should. At least they did with my first orders from them. Keep in mind if you order was a stock reserve, your going to be waiting until their stock arrives before they can ship it. One of mine orders was like this. I reserved a copy a few weeks ago and they didn't get the stock in to ship until a few days ago.

question for any member who order from heavy-arm site.

What where the specific games in your order? Some of the things they advertised on twitter last week aren't due to arrive until sometime later this month.

I kind of want a Vita slim....I messed around with a demo unit and it's so much lighter....and better battery, and easier charging cable, and screen still looks nice.....I got my used Vita cheap many years ago though.

Agreed... I also like it uses a standard micro usb cord for charging. I"m going to wait till the 2000 is under 100 to pick up a spare.
I don't have a vita and don't really have a need for one. I'd like to get one just in case, and I don't want to pay more than 100 either. However, I'm wondering if waiting is a bit risky at this point. I'm concerned prices will actually start going back up since supply is getting so low. Plus I'd question the legitimacy of the sellers.

The real question is, how embarrassed would you be if your friends saw this box sitting on your game shelf? Or will the box even be on your game shelf?

CG2_le_box.jpg

CG2_logo.png

Now available for pre-order, oooh yeeaah!

http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/criminal-girls-2

Not at all, they probably wouldn't even notice it amongst my other stuff.
Yeah, I would hang a poster of that on my wall if I had the option. I have an "Appetite For Destruction" poster in my office about 6 feet from me as I'm typing this, so as long as it looks cool, I'm all in. LOL

How much would it cost to repair an OLED vita? I dropped it sometime back and it has no video, only audio. I think I can trade in a busted Vita to Gamestop for maybe, $60 in credit? So i do that or is there a not too expensive way to fix it? ; ;

If GS is offering that much for a broken Vita, you should totally take it before you have to start paying them to take it, since they are steadily distancing themselves from the system.

Walked into a GS like two days ago to look for a game, which they didn't have, and after the guy couldn't find out, he tried to get himself an out by saying, "Isn't the Vita dead anyways?"

bmh.gif

How much would it cost to repair an OLED vita? I dropped it sometime back and it has no video, only audio. I think I can trade in a busted Vita to Gamestop for maybe, $60 in credit? So i do that or is there a not too expensive way to fix it? ; ;
If you can, do it. It's only like a $40 difference between buying a working unit.

Really starting to get excited for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. I have a copy pre-ordered for Vita (of course) and loved this game on PS2 and haven't played it since it came out almost a decade ago. 

I know people either love or hate IGN, but they gave Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and 9.6/10. They said the Vita version runs as well and looks nearly as good as the console version.

bread's done
Back