PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I know people either love or hate IGN, but they gave Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and 9.6/10. They said the Vita version runs as well and looks nearly as good as the console version.
I was hoping to pick this up after it drops in price a bit because my backlog is pretty big but this looks too good and I might want to get the launch bonuses and move it to the front of the line

Yep, played through the Odin Sphere demo on PS4 and it was excellent. I had already preordered the PS4 Storybook Edition and Vita version from BB, will get the PS3 version later.

I know people either love or hate IGN, but they gave Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and 9.6/10. They said the Vita version runs as well and looks nearly as good as the console version.
I hold IGN to the same standards as anyone else. I take any and every review as an "opinion", and nothing more. After I read a review, if the points made make sense, I'll factor it in to my buying decision. If the reviewer is talking out of his or her ass, I ignore it.

For the life of me, I can't understand why certain users get bent out of shape because a review is to high, or to low. I have certain sites where the opinions there are more in line with my own, so I give those sites more credit when it's all said and done.

When Star Fox Zero was released, EVERY review good or bad made reference to the controls, that was a "red flag" that the controls have issues. Maybe I could get past them as some did, but maybe it would be a deal breaker. So I held off buying that game until I can sample the controls for myself.

I'm glad a game like OS got such a high review from a site that doesn't normally allow for that, but I already had this preordered, so maybe it will help others jump on board, but it shouldn't be the only factor they base their buying decision on.

Yep, played through the Odin Sphere demo on PS4 and it was excellent. I had already preordered the PS4 Storybook Edition and Vita version from BB, will get the PS3 version later.
Yeah the demo was great and because of it I also pre-ordered the Vita version. I wish the game was a cross-buy game. I personally can't justify buying the PS4 and Vita versions, but I am also not a collector like most of you.

CSH is so bought. This looks like the best LRG so far, no doubt. I really hope some bigger name games come along over the next year or two.

Anyone know if Odin Sphere for Vita will be NA-region PSTV compatible? From what I understand the Vita version is identical to the PS3/PS4 versions save for resolution. I'd give me reason to dust off the PSTV and save $20.

Speaking of Odin Sphere, we are close to release and BBY still hasn't reflected the info about the soft cover artbook preorder bonus with the Vita version (Amazon had it at one point and removed it), here's to hoping there will be no problems getting it.

Yeah the demo was great and because of it I also pre-ordered the Vita version. I wish the game was a cross-buy game. I personally can't justify buying the PS4 and Vita versions, but I am also not a collector like most of you.
I am a collector and I just pre-ordered the Vita version of Odin Sphere. I can't justify buying the game twice just so I can get the CE art book, it's not something that is sold out right now so I feel they will produce plenty and maybe it'll go on sale and I can get it later on the cheap, but not something I am too worried about.

I am a collector and I just pre-ordered the Vita version of Odin Sphere. I can't justify buying the game twice just so I can get the CE art book, it's not something that is sold out right now so I feel they will produce plenty and maybe it'll go on sale and I can get it later on the cheap, but not something I am too worried about.
I'm of the same mind set. If PS4 version drops to cheap in the future, I'll grab it. But currently, I just went the Vita route as well, the SC art book will have to do for now.

Does ... does Cosmic Star Heroine play like Shadowrun on the Sega Genesis?  It certainly looks a lot like it, and if it has even a remotely similar feel then I guess I'll be stuck trying to order one from LRG.

Speaking of Odin Sphere, we are close to release and BBY still hasn't reflected the info about the soft cover artbook preorder bonus with the Vita version (Amazon had it at one point and removed it), here's to hoping there will be no problems getting it.
dont see anything about a book at best buy

Just finished Persona 4: Dancing All Night now I'm gonna buy a copy of Persona 4 Golden...

fell in love with the story/characters in that game so sure I will enjoy it just as much :D 

Just finished Persona 4: Dancing All Night now I'm gonna buy a copy of Persona 4 Golden...

fell in love with the story/characters in that game so sure I will enjoy it just as much :D
You're in for a treat. I wish I could go back and play through P4G again for the first time. Definitely my favorite Vita experience thus far.

Does ... does Cosmic Star Heroine play like Shadowrun on the Sega Genesis? It certainly looks a lot like it, and if it has even a remotely similar feel then I guess I'll be stuck trying to order one from LRG.
Any idea when LRG is putting the orders out for this? I don't know much about it, but will buy a Vita copy because it's LRG and I buy them all.

You're in for a treat. I wish I could go back and play through P4G again for the first time. Definitely my favorite Vita experience thus far.
This. P4G is both me and my wife's favorite game. We still sometimes discuss how well the characters were depicted and interact with each other when we get hyped for P5 together.

Does ... does Cosmic Star Heroine play like Shadowrun on the Sega Genesis? It certainly looks a lot like it, and if it has even a remotely similar feel then I guess I'll be stuck trying to order one from LRG.
I didn't follow the KS campaign, but it does look like it has Shadowrun and Phantasy Star qualities. Check the KS page for more info. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1596638143/cosmic-star-heroine-sci-fi-spy-rpg-for-pc-mac-ps4/description

Any idea when LRG is putting the orders out for this? I don't know much about it, but will buy a Vita copy because it's LRG and I buy them all.
They won't offer it until the game is released, so probably not until the end of summer. This should have a pretty big run as well, as this title has the most interest of any game LRG has offered so far.

XSeed Just Tweeted. This is coming physically to the Vita and will be bundled with a soundtrack CD some time later this year.

shantae.png

XSeed Just Tweeted. This is coming physically to the Vita and will be bundled with a soundtrack CD some time later this year.
I hope they do a more proper CE for the physical edition. I already backed the KS and will get some phyiscal goodies but I'm guessing it'll just be the items by themselves (ie, no CE box or anything).

On a side note, does anyone else wish they kep the normal Shantae art style for this game, as opposed to the more anime look?

Thats the thing though, im not good when it comes to repairing electronics >< I wouldnt know what to do, i tired googling to see if anyone local repairs Vitas but no luck :(
I think he meant if GS will give you $60 for a broken system... do it. Then you'd have $60 and only need about $40 to get another working system. Not a bad deal. Just keep your memory card. Though, it's strange to think GS would even want to bother with a broken system.

I think he meant if GS will give you $60 for a broken system... do it. Then you'd have $60 and only need about $40 to get another working system. Not a bad deal. Just keep your memory card. Though, it's strange to think GS would even want to bother with a broken system.
It works games play and i get sound, i used to get video, but after dropping it the visuals got darker and darker until i couldnt see anything at all, touch screen still works too.

I have a slim vita now, id like to have another OLED as a backup but is there anything i should know? Like license transfers, having my account on 2 active vitas, game data sharing, ect.

It works games play and i get sound, i used to get video, but after dropping it the visuals got darker and darker until i couldnt see anything at all, touch screen still works too.

I have a slim vita now, id like to have another OLED as a backup but is there anything i should know? Like license transfers, having my account on 2 active vitas, game data sharing, ect.
If your memory card is good to go, just swap it over to the new unit to get your game saves over. The safest thing to do is to cloud backup all your games. Granted, this will be tough with no working screen. I always set mine to do this automatically and I get little notifications each morning that the newest saves have been pushed. This makes the Vita effectively only "worth" the price of the hardware. If you've already done this, then all your game progress saves should already be uploaded. You'd just need to move the memory card, reinstall whatever games, then download your saves.

You can disable the old Vita through the playstation website and "free up" an activated Vita slot for the new one. There's not really any license stuff for Vita beyond doing that and logging in with your PSN account. Not to the ridiculous degree that Nintendo does it with the 3DS anyways.

I'd be really surprised GS would give you anywhere near $60 for a broken Vita. They give $80 for a working one, and a replacement screen part is like $40, not counting labor. I'd be surprised they gave you even $20.

I'm thinking of getting a vita to remote play mostly around my house. Is the old version that much better or should I stick to a newer model? I doubt I would see the difference in screen but what about getting newer hardware and firmware inside?

I'm thinking of getting a vita to remote play mostly around my house. Is the old version that much better or should I stick to a newer model? I doubt I would see the difference in screen but what about getting newer hardware and firmware inside?
Firmware can be updated. If you don't mind the screen difference, and honestly I could barely tell a darn difference, the 2000 is better in every other way you can think of.

Except for Himouto Umaru-chan and Jewelpet can I ask what the other anime are both in your sig and your avatar? I need to know please.
Infinite Stratos, Engaged to the Unidentified, and Puchim@s!

Typically people have a harder time identifying Jewelpet, so thumbs up for that one. ;D

Pew pew!

Got this yesterday! First Vita! I'm having sticker shock over the memory stick. Can I only use the proprietary one? Any good deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes proprietary only.

If you have a walmart, maybe you can still find some from their clearances. If not, next sure sale will be at gamestop on blackfriday.

Got this yesterday! First Vita! I'm having sticker shock over the memory stick. Can I only use the proprietary one? Any good deals?

Yeah, the Vita basically just has an $20-$80 charge on top of the price of the console. It sucks, and I personally still blame the memory cards for the Vita's low adoption.

Yeah, the Vita basically just has an $20-$80 charge on top of the price of the console. It sucks, and I personally still blame the memory cards for the Vita's low adoption.
believe me u r not the only one and that IS def the reason

I would've said that I only buy complete games because I like for my collection to be complete, but I literally just came back from Gamestop with a copy of Supremacy MMA in their generic case. I think I can make an exception or two. ;)
Yeah for me it depends on the deal. for under 10$ I don't mind too much if it comes without a case. Above that I at least need A case with the art on it. Unless its like a rare game then I will take what I can get.

Just got my first order from Heavyarm U-Store.  Only two games, Soul Sacrifice Delta & Oreshika.  Took only 10 days from when they shipped it, was sent in a little bag but with with a ton of bubble wrap.  Overall I am very happy with this experience and they've just become my new go to store for imports. :D/

Best Vita memory card prices I can find online at present.:

$13.91 - 4GB Memory Card:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/227807169.html

$23.98 - 8GB Memory Card:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/227807168.html

$36.99 - 16GB Memory Card:

http://www.amazon.com/SONY-16GB-Memory-Card-Vita/dp/B005N4I24Y/

$54.95 - 32GB Memory Card:

http://www.amazon.com/32GB-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card/dp/B006JKASCK/

$97.98 - 64GB Memory Card:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/260250122.html

Sadly most retailers clearanced out Vita accessories, including memory cards a year or more ago. Toys"R"Us dumped Vita accessories summer of 2014. Sears/K-Mart dumped all video game stuff January - February 2015. Target purged most Vita games and accessories during Winter & Spring of 2015. And Wal*Mart began dumping Vita stuff (in store at least) November 2015 with accessories being the last items purged and having been put on clearance just this year.

Also worth noting that if plan to only play physical copies of games and/or playstream your PS3/PS4 games from the Vita then a 4GB memory card will suffice for must people. But, if you plan on downloading games from the PSN Store you should get at least a 16GB memory card.

When I said Toukiden is extremely niche, I meant that it's a very Japanesecentric (you play a samurai) and/or Monster Hunter-like game, which enjoys little recognition outside of Japan. Vita is niche now but it obviously was never intended to be. Early on it had great mainstream titles like Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Resistance and Killzone. Most of Sony's vaunted franchises are there. Tecmo Koei, by contrast, makes Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Ninja Gaiden, all pretty niche.
ninja gaidens considered niche?

I kind of want a Vita slim....I messed around with a demo unit and it's so much lighter....and better battery, and easier charging cable, and screen still looks nice.....I got my used Vita cheap many years ago though.
I've never used a vita slim but I would be interested purely for the micro usb charging cable. I'm really scared the cable for the phat will break or the port will. Otherwise I love my phat vita especially the screen. I actually have no issue with the battery life now that I got the battery replaced after christmas. Its the perfect mini hulu/crunchyroll and such player and I like the internet browser minus the dumb word prediction formula. I got it 3 years ago for 79$ off ebay like new purely for hearts r.

If you do buy another one do it through ebay to get the squaretrade warranty. They actually did an amazing job with mine when I sent it in. Even polished the screen and replaced some of the screws. I'm actually considering renewing the warranty this year since they did such a good job.

I don't have a vita and don't really have a need for one. I'd like to get one just in case, and I don't want to pay more than 100 either. However, I'm wondering if waiting is a bit risky at this point. I'm concerned prices will actually start going back up since supply is getting so low. Plus I'd question the legitimacy of the sellers.
Well you can always go the vita tv route first since those pop up frequently for 20$ new.

June and July are already packed in LRG's schedule. If CSH comes out soon (June, July), August or September is a safe bet.

bread's done
Back