PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the Vita basically just has an $20-$80 charge on top of the price of the console. It sucks, and I personally still blame the memory cards for the Vita's low adoption.
god this. I WISH someone would make a micro sd adapter like they did for the psp already. maybe add a second slot via the sim card slot on top of the proprietary for the few vitas that have those.

Fyi for everyone who missed out on Futuridium last time around.

LRG is relisting the canceled orders tomorrow at 4PM EDT, so if you didn't get one last time, and you wanted one, here's your chance.

They're also planning to list the soundtracks for both Futuridium and Saturday Morning RPG tomorrow too.

Party down!

me_and_the_world.gif

Yeah. That's part of the reason I don't really need one. Other times I just get the game for PS3 or PS4 when given the choice.
You already have one? multiplat wise same for me. Especially since the vita versions tend to not run as well outside the reverse porting cases like digimon cyber sluts.

If you do get one the best places to keep an eye out for memory card deals are 1 amazon (since they pricematch gamestop or used too. No idea anymore after the recent news debacle) 2 gamestop 3 walmart ymmv. Typically if they go on sale they do around oct nov. 20$ for a 16gb.

Fyi for everyone who missed out on Futuridium last time around.

LRG is relisting the canceled orders tomorrow at 4PM EDT, so if you didn't get one last time, and you wanted one, here's your chance.

They're also planning to list the soundtracks for both Futuridium and Saturday Morning RPG tomorrow too.

Party down!
Oddworld too if im not mistaken

EDIT: Only 30 copies of Oddworld

Nooooooooo, LRG is putting those soundtracks on sale at the start of my work shift! I can sympathize Rin, I can sympathize.  ;(

screenshot0001.png

Best Vita memory card prices I can find online at present.:

$13.91 - 4GB Memory Card:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/227807169.html

$23.98 - 8GB Memory Card:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/227807168.html

$36.99 - 16GB Memory Card:

http://www.amazon.com/SONY-16GB-Memory-Card-Vita/dp/B005N4I24Y/

$54.95 - 32GB Memory Card:

http://www.amazon.com/32GB-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card/dp/B006JKASCK/

$97.98 - 64GB Memory Card:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/260250122.html

Sadly most retailers clearanced out Vita accessories, including memory cards a year or more ago. Toys"R"Us dumped Vita accessories summer of 2014. Sears/K-Mart dumped all video game stuff January - February 2015. Target purged most Vita games and accessories during Winter & Spring of 2015. And Wal*Mart began dumping Vita stuff (in store at least) November 2015 with accessories being the last items purged and having been put on clearance just this year.

Also worth noting that if plan to only play physical copies of games and/or playstream your PS3/PS4 games from the Vita then a 4GB memory card will suffice for must people. But, if you plan on downloading games from the PSN Store you should get at least a 16GB memory card.
For what its worth if you have a disc replay or mega replay locally you can sometimes find a 32gb card for $30-35. Of course this could be hit or miss but that how i got lucky and got one cheap.

Damn, the physical Mighty No. 9 for the Vita seems to be cancelled. Oh well, I guess they just lost a sale. Here is the email I just got from Play-Asia:

We are writing about your item Mighty No.9 (Multi-Language) (PlayStation Vita (PS
Vita) Asia, No Region Protection) #38504201.

We recently received an update that the publisher cancelled the release of Mighty
No.9 (Multi-Language) for PS Vita. The reason is that the Mighty No.9 for PS4 will
include PS3 and PS Vita download code.

By the way, you can only redeem the download code using an Asia PSN account,
otherwise, it will be region lock. Also, we are unable to confirm as of the moment if
the download code will be available for pre-order bonus only or it includes in the
PS4 version.

In this regard, if you paid via PayPal, we can refund it back to your account or as
store credit for your future purchases. The store credit has no expiry and it can be
used anytime. However, if your payment is by credit card, be assured that no charges
are done to your account. If there is held funds, it will be released automatically
within the next few days.

Should you want to replace the item instead, just let us know and we are glad to
assist you. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your kind understanding and our apologies for the inconvenience this
may cause you.

Best regards,

Play-Asia.com Customer Support

Got the same e-mail.  Lame.   Oh well, probably would have never opened the Vita copy anyway since I plan on playing it on PS4.  Probably just sell the digital codes off that are included with the PS4 version (if it actually includes codes here in the US). 

Damn, the physical Mighty No. 9 for the Vita seems to be cancelled. Oh well, I guess they just lost a sale. Here is the email I just got from Play-Asia:

We are writing about your item Mighty No.9 (Multi-Language) (PlayStation Vita (PS
Vita) Asia, No Region Protection) #38504201.

We recently received an update that the publisher cancelled the release of Mighty
No.9 (Multi-Language) for PS Vita. The reason is that the Mighty No.9 for PS4 will
include PS3 and PS Vita download code.

By the way, you can only redeem the download code using an Asia PSN account,
otherwise, it will be region lock. Also, we are unable to confirm as of the moment if
the download code will be available for pre-order bonus only or it includes in the
PS4 version.

In this regard, if you paid via PayPal, we can refund it back to your account or as
store credit for your future purchases. The store credit has no expiry and it can be
used anytime. However, if your payment is by credit card, be assured that no charges
are done to your account. If there is held funds, it will be released automatically
within the next few days.

Should you want to replace the item instead, just let us know and we are glad to
assist you. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your kind understanding and our apologies for the inconvenience this
may cause you.

Best regards,

Play-Asia.com Customer Support
Got the same email today. Its kind of disappointing but at least the game is still coming to vita digital.
I will probably pick it up eventually when it is on sale but they just lost a day one purchase from me.

Got the same e-mail. Lame. Oh well, probably would have never opened the Vita copy anyway since I plan on playing it on PS4.
Yeah, their excuse is pretty lame actually. Why the hell do I care about a code? The whole point of physical is to have the actual cart. There have been several games that where code only options, and they have gotten ASIA physical releases.

I actually had the Signature edition for the PS4 pre-ordered, so I could have that as a companion to my physical Vita game for the figure and art book. Now I'm pretty sure I'll be cancelling that as well.

I didn't support the KS for this game, and now I'm glad I didn't. What a HUGE cluster fuck from start to finish. Well, they have now lost a $60 and $30 purchase from me, just due to not releasing the physical Vita game. I'm glad to be done now I guess, as there was no telling when the Vita game might have been released anyways.

Imagine if Mighty N9 Vita is still getting a physical release. Its just that Play Asia isnt stocking it anymore, just like Oreshika

^ you won't cancel your signature edition. Lol.

Thing is super limited and cancelling would be stupid.
Well considering I don't have a PS4, and they are only selling on Ebay for about $20 over retail. I would probably be breaking even after fees taxes and the like if I wanted to flip, and the price will probably drop further upon release, so I don't have a single issue with cancelling.

I'll take those funds and spend them on LRG, where physical games are the order of the day. LOL

Shit I cancelled my signature edition months ago after all the delays. I was getting sick of waiting for it and frustrated with the delays. I thought I would order the physical vita version instead and now they cancel that too. Screw them I can wait on the game and buy it for $5 down the line during a sale.

Imagine if Mighty N9 Vita is still getting a physical release. Its just that Play Asia isnt stocking it anymore, just like Oreshika
It could happen, but considering the team putting this game out, I won't hold my breath. it would be nice if Play-Asia just cancelled their order for the reasons given, but doubtful.

Shit I cancelled my signature edition months ago after all the delays. I was getting sick of waiting for it and frustrated with the delays. I thought I would order the physical vita version instead and now they cancel that too. Screw them I can wait on the game and buy it for $5 down the line during a sale.
Yeah, If I ever do get this game, it will have to be a super cheap digital sale, but considering how full my 64GB card is, I might not even do it then.

I was wondering about this same thing actually. Heavy Arm tweeted a couple days ago that the Vita version had been delayed but hasn't mentioned any cancellation yet. I sent them a tweet asking if they could confirm the cancellation. I'll post back if I hear anything.

:lol: Given the reputation this game has gotten odds, are the Signature Edition will be cancelled due to the ink pen either running out of ink or being swallowed up by the cushions on a couch somewhere.

I'm thinking of getting a vita to remote play mostly around my house. Is the old version that much better or should I stick to a newer model? I doubt I would see the difference in screen but what about getting newer hardware and firmware inside?
Get the newer. Better pretty much everything except the screen, but the screen is excellent anyway. Also the newer model includes 1gb of built in storage (as does the PSTV). IF ALL you are doing is remote playing, then you can probably just get by without even having to buy a memory card. The old original system didn't have built in memory.

Finally going to break down and buy a Vita. Where do you recommend to get one? And are there different versions?
Check out the Aqua Blue Vita at GS, $170 new and $140 used. I got a new one last year and really like the color, and the slim Vita is really nice (already have two phat Vita's and like those too, but the slim has some great advantages).

Check out the Aqua Blue Vita at GS, $170 new and $140 used. I got a new one last year and really like the color, and the slim Vita is really nice (already have two phat Vita's and like those too, but the slim has some great advantages).
Isn't the "new" one "used" to? LOL

BBY just emailed me about my Odin Sphere being shipped.

It is earlier than I expected, I am Elite so it should get here pretty fast. Will report if I get the SC artbook or not.

How do I get it? Says not available by me and doesn't ship to stores by me.

I didn't realize the Vita version of Mighty no. 9 was delayed along with the 3DS. I don't really see any reason why; I assumed it would be to optimize the game for the systems, but the Vita is much more technically similar to other platforms than the 3DS is.

don't do it in the Vita thread though. It's a touchy subject in these parts
Dude, don't start. The logs are right here.

How do I get it? Says not available by me and doesn't ship to stores by me.
Wow, good question. I just checked the GS site, and it says unavailable online for both new and used Aqua Blue Vitas, and also says none are available within 100 miles of me. I think something is wrong with the website, because I just saw one used in a local store a week ago. You should go into a GS store and ask them to check availability for you, it's gotta still be available.

Any opinions on Tales of Hearts R? Just picked it up at a local store for $16 :D
I hear it's good. Going to go looking for a copy tomorrow since the tracker says there are two gamestops near one another with it. More specifically want to grab this asap since it's a GS exclusive and the rest of the vita games I want I can eBay, Amazon, etc.

bread's done
Back