PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
BBY just emailed me about my Odin Sphere being shipped.

It is earlier than I expected, I am Elite so it should get here pretty fast. Will report if I get the SC artbook or not.
I appreciate it! I will probably end up ordering it from them if it is confirmed they have the artbook.

They're probably talking about the coupon that you purchase with reward points. But that reminds me that I still have my 20 percent off coupon.

Well that's mature.
I just used my 20% off coupon today on the way to work, sadly the lone clerk got distracted by a phone call and put the wrong game cart in the Vita case, but I phoned them as soon as I made this discovery and the manager has set aside the correct game for me so I can get them to swap carts when I go back tomorrow afternoon. Game in question is Danganronpa 2, which was $26.xx total after Pro Rewards Discount and the 20% off coupon, yes it stacked!

And I forgot to mention, but I managed to use a work computer to login to LRG's site in the early evening and was able to successfully order a copy of the Futuridium Soundtrack! Not surprisingly the SMRPG Soundtrack eluded me again, oh well.

Is it only instore for 16? Its more expensive online. Also, is it for the preowned or new?
Used is 20/18 online so if it's 20 in store, he probably had a $5 coupon + tax to make it $16. If they converted New to Used, then 16 for a new one in store would be feasible.

It's really good. Though it would have been better if they had bothered to dub it.
that and if they hadn't randomly changed the fricken names because of random censorship. like anyone cares that gallandos name means small penis in greek. Seriously how many people who play jrpgs would even know greek let alone be offended?

Tales of Hearts R plays well but is average in just about every way.
Yeah But I blame that more on it not having much of a budget. Had it been a ps3 title with a bigger budget it could of been such a better game. Not much that could of been done about the story certainly though.

You can now download and play Valkyria Chronicles 2 directly to your Vita. It's $9.99. And no. It's not Playstation TV compatible.
I bought VC2 a few weeks ago, and played it just fine on my PSTV. Any articles that say otherwise haven't actually tried it.

I don't know about right now, but a few weeks ago I HAD to use my PS3 to download the game and transfer it to my PSTV. Ignoring the ghetto extra steps, the game worked perfectly and it bugs me that people are giving out inaccurate information regarding this.

I bought VC2 a few weeks ago, and played it just fine on my PSTV. Any articles that say otherwise haven't actually tried it.

I don't know about right now, but a few weeks ago I HAD to use my PS3 to download the game and transfer it to my PSTV. Ignoring the ghetto extra steps, the game worked perfectly and it bugs me that people are giving out inaccurate information regarding this.
Thanks for clarifying. I had read the same thing, but since I didn't have any personal experience I decided not to post it.

I don't know about right now, but a few weeks ago I HAD to use my PS3 to download the game and transfer it to my PSTV.
As of just a few days ago, they now allow you to download directly to your Vita without having to use the PS3 method. I never understood how or why they didn't fix this for every game.

It's OK I guess if you have a PS3, but what if you don't? Why offer digital games, when you need a "middle man" to complete the transaction. This seem like some poor shit "N" would be doing. Sony needs to get their shit together, as this is just bad business.

As of just a few days ago, they now allow you to download directly to your Vita without having to use the PS3 method. I never understood how or why they didn't fix this for every game.

It's OK I guess if you have a PS3, but what if you don't? Why offer digital games, when you need a "middle man" to complete the transaction. This seem like some poor shit "N" would be doing. Sony needs to get their shit together, as this is just bad business.
Yet another example of how Vita and PSTV aren't really priorities for Sony.

Whether or not you were able to download it to a vitatv prior may be irrelevant if that changed when they made it fixed for direct downloading. This wouldn't be the first time a game was downloadable then wasn't.

I will have to try this with silent hill 2. I needed to use ps3 transfer method before but direct to vita would be much easier

Sweet Jeebus that would be amazing. But where do you see an English Asia version? I know Moon Dwellers is getting one but nothing on that article mentions SRT:V getting an Asia release.
There is a twitter post with a powerpoint slide.

https://twitter.com/zxcv11223300xi/status/739004728365830144

Isnt MN9 cross buy on PS3/4/vita?
Cross buy yes. If the Vita/3DS versions aren't delayed indefinitely. Sony hasn't updated the Unity engine on Vita in a while so they're probably running into problems.

A Vita release recently was just pulled from the store instead of bothering to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XaTw5grzvo

If this post is referring to me, I paid about $19 Used for it. I wanted to grab it asap because it's the only GS exclusive Vita game I want and well every GS I go to has their Vita stock slowly fading away.
Note it wasn't gamestop exclusive. Just physical retail. Amazon had it at the time via bamco using them as their fullfilment thingy after they dropped digital river. Apparently they stopped using them now though :( which is a shame as bamco does deals every now and then that make games really cheap.

Anywho For those interested in it they should keep an eye out on bamco's store in case they do a sale. never mind the online store is out of stock currently and who knows if and when they would get a possible restock.

where u guys get the 20% off gamestop coupon?
I've been wondering that too. Maybe birthday coupon?

Btw, nice job breaking street date BB. Would have ordered from them had they advertised the book. Should get my Amazon order on Tuesday.

I'm glad to hear that BB is including the art book with early orders. Already had the Vita and PS4 (Storybook Edition) preordered a while ago, but I also just preordered the PS3 version. I doubt BB will have a lot of these, it's not available for store pickup (shipping only), and as of right now, the Storybook Edition is sold out (now says coming soon, so they may get more). Really looking forward to this game!

Well, I got my copy of Persona 4 Dancing All Night Disco Fever Edition.

It was, of course, @#$%ing DESTROYED!

I don't even know how to react to this.  I've had boxes come damaged before, but his looks like it was folded in half before they even put it in the envelope.  How do you do that!?  I want to open it up to see if the contents are okay, but I also want to yell at Best Buy and don't know which I should do first.

I just picked up a copy of UMvC3 for vita at Gamestop. Does anyone have any idea if it had an insert or something inside it?

I'm keeping it regardless, but I was curious as the worker warned me about no manual and I had no idea if he meant that it never came with one or that this copy doesnt have it included.
It has none so you are good. I checked my copy.

omg 6 hrs in ToH R, and i love everything about this game (and searching for Kohaku doujinshi like crazy)! one minor flaw is the subtitles sometimes dont match the Japanese voice, but i can live with that, better than being stuck to some shitty English voice acting

omg 6 hrs in ToH R, and i love everything about this game (and searching for Kohaku doujinshi like crazy)! one minor flaw is the subtitles sometimes dont match the Japanese voice, but i can live with that, better than being stuck to some shitty English voice acting
Honestly I'd be surprised if they match the voice work very often considering the localization was a hatchet job. Still better than sword art onlines by alot though. She's being chased by some crazy ginger is one of my favorite ad libs they did.

I need to quit coming back to this thread as it is making me want to purchase a Vita for the third time :|. If I even think about Persona, I start looking up prices on Vita consoles again. Is ToH R similar to Persona 4 Golden at all?

I think I have a problem...

TOHR is similar to tales games....it's a very polarizing one. Some people call it generic and kind of boring and haphazardly localized *raises hand*, and others really like it. It plays well in battles, it just is kind average everywhere else. It isn't turn based like P4Golden, or has as good a story or characters or even music. Just my 2 cents of course.

I need to quit coming back to this thread as it is making me want to purchase a Vita for the third time :|. If I even think about Persona, I start looking up prices on Vita consoles again. Is ToH R similar to Persona 4 Golden at all?

I think I have a problem...
come back to the dark side, u know u can grow much stronger. and they are not really that similar at all, P4G has the social links and turn-based battles, while TOHR has bonds among teammates (although very automatic) and real-time action battles, not to mention the whole different world views and settings. but yeah, dark side is ever more powerful

It would also mean the storybook edition doesn't get the softcover artbook though
Well they get the hardcover so no complaining. I would have bought a vita storybook edition.

Well, I got my copy of Persona 4 Dancing All Night Disco Fever Edition.

It was, of course, @#$%ing DESTROYED!

I don't even know how to react to this. I've had boxes come damaged before, but his looks like it was folded in half before they even put it in the envelope. How do you do that!? I want to open it up to see if the contents are okay, but I also want to yell at Best Buy and don't know which I should do first.
Mine came in a nice big sturdy box! But it was still crushed from whatever spider wrap contraption had been on it before it was shipped.

My didn't come in a box, but it's in great condition sans a little depression on the front. But I think that's due to the factory shrink wrap. 

I just picked up a copy of UMvC3 for vita at Gamestop. Does anyone have any idea if it had an insert or something inside it?

I'm keeping it regardless, but I was curious as the worker warned me about no manual and I had no idea if he meant that it never came with one or that this copy doesnt have it included.
Game never came with one, but nice pickup!

bread's done
Back