PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Tales of Hearts R from local GS for $22. I don't think the price will drop any further, and copies are getting harder to find in store. Of course "new" to GS means no plastic wrap and two stickers to peel off :p

Well, that's another expensive Vita week already. Ordered Odin Sphere on Amazon and an Asian region version of Digimon Story for $55 on EBay. I really have no idea when I'll be able to play the 75 or so games I have already, what's 2 more?

I would have waited but I'm thinking Odin Sphere Vita got a pretty small print run. Only a handful of Gamestops in my area have it in stock and Best Buy is already sold out.

What's funny is I own every major system all the way back to NES and the only systems that are even close in terms of how many games I own are my PS2 and Xbox at about 50 each.
Why didn't you just order the english version of cyber sluts from vgaplus? As you basically paid what its msrp was at release.

Understanding that this is a Vita thread, I just had a quick question about Digimon Cyber Sleuths...

I'm debating whether to get it for the PS4 or Vita.  The advantage of the PS4 is that it would be more accessible to my little boys in the US (since they don't have their own Vita, and since mine will be with me in Afghanistan).  Buying both is always an option, I guess, but I'm just wondering if there's any real advantage to one over the other (in a situation where you have both consoles). 

PS4 version is very good plus you can easy get PS4 version around $26-$30 on amazon.   Even cheaper but CAG's won't let it go below $25.  Don't ask me why!  They go insane whenever the price dropping little bit and the price go up again.

823.gif

PS4 version is very good plus you can easy get PS4 version around $26-$30 on amazon. Even cheaper but CAG's won't let it go below $25. Don't ask me why! They go insane whenever the price dropping little bit and the price go up again.
Thanks!

Is there a version for Vita that doesn't have Japanese voice acting with English subs? I see some "English" copies on eBay for ~$35 but don't want one that doesn't have at least the option for Japanese voice acting.

EDIT: everything I've been able to track down, so far, seems to indicate that the localization only added English subs, I just don't want to order a copy off Ebay and find out that the developer interviews I read were premature or just incorrect. :/

It'll be a month before I'm back in the US and can actually lay hands on it, so I'm not in any crazy rush. Just curious. Thanks!

Thanks!

Is there a version for Vita that doesn't have Japanese voice acting with English subs? I see some "English" copies on eBay for ~$35 but don't want one that doesn't have at least the option for Japanese voice acting.

EDIT: everything I've been able to track down, so far, seems to indicate that the localization only added English subs, I just don't want to order a copy off Ebay and find out that the developer interviews I read were premature or just incorrect. :/

It'll be a month before I'm back in the US and can actually lay hands on it, so I'm not in any crazy rush. Just curious. Thanks!
Only PS Vita (Asia Physical Version have English Sub/Jap) or you can buy digital version for US version. If you can get Asia Vita version for $35 is decent deal ;)

Yea

Only PS Vita (Asia Physical Version have English Sub/Jap) or you can buy digital version for US version. If you can get Asia Vita version for $35 is decent deal ;)
Yeah, completely ignore that bit. I have literacy issues, apparently (it was a PS4 version that came up under a Vita search and I just didn't notice the difference bc I was too busy looking for language/localization info).

Either way, sounds good. I think I'll get the Asia version from Play Asia for Vita and get the PS4 version from Amazon later on. I've just ordered my Vita, so it (along with a few other games) are going to be waiting for me when I get back in July.

EDIT: Does getting the Asia physical copy have any impact on DLC?

EDIT: Does getting the Asia physical copy have any impact on DLC?
I'm not familiar with this particular title, but unless DLC is included on the cart, or provided within a patch update, all DLC is region locked to the games origin location.

So while games are region free, DLC and Online Passes are locked to the PSN of the games origin. So you will need a PSN account from where the came is from to access the DLC.

Why didn't you just order the english version of cyber sluts from vgaplus? As you basically paid what its msrp was at release.
I looked around and that was basically the lowest price I could find it for. I think Play-Asia was a couple bucks cheaper with shipping but shipping takes so long to get here with them. The copy I bought was from California so I should have it much quicker.

Galgun is showing the 20% off on the product page now. I canceled my previous order and put in a new one just in case.

I also got odin sphere in an envelope within a box. I wonder if atlus just shipped it to amazon in the envelope since the envelope had a barcode. I don't think amazon would actually waste that many envelopes for double packaging. Dat artbook chemical smell.

Still debating going with the Rice Digital exclusive for Gal*Gun, but holy hell those prices are nuts. At least they are free shipping worldwide.
They'll probably clearance them out eventually, and that's when you'll make out like a bandit!...or become double sad because you missed out on the LE and the clearance price. :*(

But I'm a gambling man, so game on! :D

Kind of random, but anyone hear any news on 13 Sentinels? I haven't seen anything new since the reveal trailer, and Odin Sphere has me thinking about Vanillaware again. Hopefully we get some more information during E3.

Kind of random, but anyone hear any news on 13 Sentinels? I haven't seen anything new since the reveal trailer, and Odin Sphere has me thinking about Vanillaware again. Hopefully we get some more information during E3.
We probably will hear more about it at Tokyo Game Show in September.

Still debating going with the Rice Digital exclusive for Gal*Gun, but holy hell those prices are nuts. At least they are free shipping worldwide.
Yeah, I get like every LE Vita bundle where there is at least an art book in the set, but even this one made me pause, and I never do that.

First off, the price was just "greedy". I've seen some pretty bad LE bundles over the years, but this one cost way to much, for way to little. They are for sure charging a "pantie" tax for this one. LOL

Next, Rice Digital has the WORST packaging/shipping I have ever seen. Everyone of my Steins Gate bundles came with the shipping box completely mangled. By some miracle, not a single one arrived damaged.

I actually had one order where they taped two boxes together, and used one thin ass piece of tape to hold them together, and of course they came loose(Surprise, surprise, you dumb fuck 's). Then in their infinite wisdom, they only put an address label on one of the boxes, so once they came loose, someone got a free Steins Gate Kongroo edition, as there was no way to tell where it was going, or where it came from.

So all I really wanted from this set was the art book, and that one game shop in Canada has a pre-order bundle that has the art book included, so I just went with that. Much cheaper, and everyone who has dealt with them say they have rather good packaging, so that was worth my time on that alone. Plus, some others have said there orders have always ship from NY, so if that's true, yet another reason to pass on Rice. When shit goes wrong at Rice(and it will), they do have good customer service, at least the few times I dealt with them.

I kind of want to pick up Odin Sphere PS4. I already have Star Ocean and Zero Escape 3 for June....plus some anime figures.....going to be expensive already so may have to wait till later for it.

Well it looks like Corpse Party has finally sold out at BBY.  Bought it like six months ago now but at least it only dropped around $5 a few days after my return period was over so now I can stop dreading it going down more for further regret.

Bought it around Late April along with Danganronpa Another Episode. And Danganronpa AE went OOS shortly after I bought it. Pretty glad I bit

Odin Sphere is fantastic, preordered the Vita version from BB, it came with the artbook, was debating about getting the ps4 version too but it looks great on my PSTV if I want a bigger display, I will wait for it to go on sale digital on PS4 and add it to the good old backlog. I believe it is cross-save between those versions?

I kind of want to pick up Odin Sphere PS4. I already have Star Ocean and Zero Escape 3 for June....plus some anime figures.....going to be expensive already so may have to wait till later for it.
im now 22 hours in ToH and man isnt it the best game I have played in the past 3-4 years! I'm just gonna focus on platting ToH while waiting for ZE3. really cant wait to see the grand finale!!!

I really want Odin Sphere, but I have Shiren coming, and I have to pay off Zero Escape, order Shantae, and I have a convention coming up (Plus I've been buying a lot of anime). I've just been spending too much.

That's it?

Mighty No. 9, Odin Sphere, Star Ocean, Ori and the Blind Forest, Tokyo Mirage :(

Goin broke

Figure I'll get Odin Storybook Edition. Want to cancel MN.9 but feel it's rare and the collector in me wont cancel.

So I e-mailed BBY, and they noticed that the limited edition was sold out. They couldn't send out a replacement art book. So they issued me a $10 gift card. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That's it?

Mighty No. 9, Odin Sphere, Star Ocean, Ori and the Blind Forest, Tokyo Mirage :(

Goin broke

Figure I'll get Odin Storybook Edition. Want to cancel MN.9 but feel it's rare and the collector in me wont cancel.
That's it? Odin Sphere, Horizon, Ori, Yomawari, FF15, No Man's Sky, Persona, and Odin Sphere for me. And I just bought a case of Heroes of the Storm minis (that was missing Tyreal :bomb:)! I haven't bought a non-deeply discounted CE in like two years but this year's going to break me...

Pre-orders for Xseed's Shantae Half-Genie Hero is up at Amazon (although under an incorrect title at the moment):

https://www.amazon.com/Sails-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B018F6NSP4/ref=sr_1_9_twi_aud_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465564872&sr=8-9&keywords=Shantae+Half-Genie+Hero

Also up at LameStop if anyone cares:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/shantae-half-genie-hero/131246

(Pulled from the individual thread since I figured others might be like me and mainly stick to our little corner of CAG.)
/me wants his %20 for Prime

So I e-mailed BBY, and they noticed that the limited edition was sold out. They couldn't send out a replacement art book. So they issued me a $10 gift card. Thanks!

So you asked for a preorder bonus (softcover art book) that never came with the Storybook Edition to begin with (since the Storybook Edition already comes with a hardcover art book), and got a $10 gift card to make up for the (not) missing softcover book? Totally lame.

So you asked for a preorder bonus (softcover art book) that never came with the Storybook Edition to begin with (since the Storybook Edition already comes with a hardcover art book), and got a $10 gift card to make up for the (not) missing softcover book? Totally lame.
No....I didn't know that the soft cover bonus was limited to the standard edition. After I sent the email, I noticed a post stating that it only came with the standard edition. They processed the email before I saw that update.

Pre-orders for Xseed's Shantae Half-Genie Hero is up at Amazon (although under an incorrect title at the moment):

https://www.amazon.com/Sails-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B018F6NSP4/ref=sr_1_9_twi_aud_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465564872&sr=8-9&keywords=Shantae+Half-Genie+Hero

Also up at LameStop if anyone cares:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/shantae-half-genie-hero/131246

(Pulled from the individual thread since I figured others might be like me and mainly stick to our little corner of CAG.)
I have this preordered at gamestop as a placeholder but once this hits Best Buy (fingers crossed) I will cancel my gamestop order.

Hmmm...
Guess I should contact Best Buy since I didn't get the pre-order art book. Ordered the PS4 limited edition a long time ago. Probably when it first went up.

The bonus art book was for the base games only I believe, as the Storybook edition comes with the art book in hardcover form already.
Ok! Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was in addition. Well I e-mailed BBY anyways. I'll keep you guys/gals updated.

No....I didn't know that the soft cover bonus was limited to the standard edition. After I sent the email, I noticed a post stating that it only came with the standard edition. They processed the email before I saw that update.

That's it? Odin Sphere, Horizon, Ori, Yomawari, FF15, No Man's Sky, Persona, and Odin Sphere for me. And I just bought a case of Heroes of the Storm minis (that was missing Tyreal :bomb:)! I haven't bought a non-deeply discounted CE in like two years but this year's going to break me...
My list is just for June ;)

Wish No Mans Sky wasn't delayed again so I could cancel the rest and just get that.

Oh, neat. I just bought my first Vita (way late to the game, I know), so In that arena, in the last week:

PS Vita Wifi (w/ 64GB card), Dungeon Travelers 2, DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Steins;Gate, Muramasa Rebirth, Tearaway, Persona 4 Golden, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Stranger of Sword City, Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, Shantae Half-Genie Hero (just now, thanks!), Odin Sphere, Yomawari / htol#NiQ, and Shiren The Wanderer.

then a few other things for other consoles:

PS4: Odin Sphere Storybook, Horizon CE, PS5 CE, and God Eater 2 (Oh, yeah... No Man's Sky)

3DS: Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, and Pokemon Moooooooooooooooon

XBone: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deluxe Edition

Still on the fence about GalGun. And I need to decide if I want Zero Escape for 3DS or PSVita. And at some point, I'll need to buy a PS4, but I'm waiting to hear about the "4.5" next week.

Then, of course, there's everything that's already come out this year. It's gonna be like Christmas when I get back in July. :D

I'm not sure what tense has to do with it. You said they processed your email before you saw the update, but you acknowledged the email saying you would see what they say. But whatever.
When I posted, I'll email them, I already sent out my original e-mail. Oh well. The past is past. End post.

Tyreal was the first one I got from just buying a blind box every so often from Target.. Currently my desk at work has Tyrael, Diablo, Witch Doctor, Arthas, Jim Raynor (in a patriotic marine suit...?), Kerrigan, and Patchwork.

...And then I bought one of the Anime legends ones and got Heathcliff from SAO.

I'm not sure what tense has to do with it. You said they processed your email before you saw the update, but you acknowledged the email saying you would see what they say. But whatever.
This guy named CheapAssHUSTLA for a reason. lol

When I posted, I'll email them, I already sent out my original e-mail. Oh well. The past is past. End post.

Sent from my D1CK using Fapatalk

bread's done
Back