PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
resized_ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-ps-vita-definetely-aliens-5e9efe.jpg

Vita has been dead as far as Sony goes for years. There is ton's of support from 3rd parties, but Sony couldn't be bothered. They can take that VR crap, and stick up their asses, as I could care less.

I remember years ago when the Wii made it big, and how the MOVE was shown tons of support, and then died off shortly there after, VR may be better, but I would expect it to end in a similar way to that of "3D" and the "Move".

With the success of the PS4, they could have relaunched the Vita at some point, or just done "anything" to try and show support, but since it launched, they have done everything within their power to just bury it, show no interest, and all but leave it abandoned on the side of the road. Really a **** move on their part. BTW, those uber expensive memory cards did the system ZERO favors as well.

Now I just have to decide if I want to cancel my PS4 preorder and go with Vita.  I wonder if the Asia Vita physical comes with the costume DLC.

Vita has been dead as far as Sony goes for years. There is ton's of support from 3rd parties, but Sony couldn't be bothered. They can take that VR crap, and stick up their asses, as I could care less.
That means you do care

at least a little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

Sony is the king of orphaning their products. I would recommend staying far away from VR.

It is frustrating that they won't relent on the memory cards and license SanDisk and others to make some like they did with the PSP. With cheaper memory the system starts to make a lot more sense. At this point you could make the system have a MSRP of $99.99 and position it as a remote play / PSN store portable powerhouse. Hello you could even do some bundles that include a Vita with a PS4.

There are still plenty of people buying Vita's especially in Japan and it is by far the best way to play indie games IMHO. Sony really sucks when it comes to anything other than the main PlayStation line.

Sony is the king of orphaning their products. I would recommend staying far away from VR.

It is frustrating that they won't relent on the memory cards and license SanDisk and others to make some like they did with the PSP. With cheaper memory the system starts to make a lot more sense. At this point you could make the system have a MSRP of $99.99 and position it as a remote play / PSN store portable powerhouse. Hello you could even do some bundles that include a Vita with a PS4.

There are still plenty of people buying Vita's especially in Japan and it is by far the best way to play indie games IMHO. Sony really sucks when it comes to anything other than the main PlayStation line.
If Sony is going to put out a 3rd iteration of the Vita, they may as well get rid of both cameras as well, as 95% of the users don't even bother using it. That will also help reduce the price point. I would also get rid of the touch pad and add two more bumper triggers.

I know the Vita is dead, and I doubt Sony will make another portable console soon. However I think once most 1st world nations get free national wifi or something else that allows you to always be connected with fast speeds, Sony should create another portable console. This way everyone can play their favorite home console games on the go. And by on the go, I mean when on a bus/train to work, in a car, at a hotel, walking around etc.

If the PS4 hadn't dominated the XOne right out of the gate, I think we would have seen more effort with the PS Vita (promotion of the remote play capability that MS doesn't have). Likewise, if the Wii U hadn't been such a failure, Sony would've been more inclined to hype remote play to compete with the tablet controller.

As it is, Sony is kicking ass with the PS4 so they don't feel the need to focus anywhere else.

At $120 I'm pretty tempted to grab a Vita 2000 just to have something that I can put my Persona 4 Dancing All Night Disco Fever skin on (currently have a white Vita 1000). Too bad the US never got the white version of the Vita slim.

VR is going to be one of the biggest flops in gaming, ever.   No one is going to invest $600 into a peripheral when there are several different VR kits coming out for different platforms.  People will wait till the smoke clears, see which one is the winner, wait for a big sale, and then -maybe- buy one.  Sales for VR games are guaranteed to be abysmally low and then developers won't make any new VR games after the first wave.  We've seen these gimmicks fail plenty of times before. 

After the financial success of the wii followed by the likewise failure of the wii u; I'd agree that VR seems doomed. We've clearly demonstrated as consumers that we're after traditionally controlled quality video games. With all the studios realizing the money in the video game industry and pumping ungodly sums into triple A titles we're getting some great quality. Titles like Witcher 3, dark souls etc come to mind. Please don't waste these resources on implementing VR and gimmick / fad controls!

After the financial success of the wii followed by the likewise failure of the wii u; I'd agree that VR seems doomed. We've clearly demonstrated as consumers that we're after traditionally controlled quality video games. With all the studios realizing the money in the video game industry and pumping ungodly sums into triple A titles we're getting some great quality. Titles like Witcher 3, dark souls etc come to mind. Please don't waste these resources on implementing VR and gimmick / fad controls!
I'll take ultra high fidelity gaming and awesome use of computing power for things like physics, AI, and massive on-screen character counts (huge battles, bustling towns and cities, forests full of creatures) than a VR headset with motion controls. At this point in my life I have been gaming for so long that I forget I am even using a controller or kb mouse on really immersive games. I don't need VR for that.

Almost gone.
i think i'm okay with that. i literally just ordered my (first) PSVita a week or two ago (and I think it was delivered yesterday). I won't get to even open the box for another month, and (like someone mentioned a bit earlier) I'm hoping the price will drop a good bit on Black Friday so I can pickup a second/third/whatever.

Anyone picking up anything from the PSN E3 sale that just launched? I'm thinking about Child of Light, not sure if any of the other games are worth picking up...

Have those games in my PSN cart, what do you think about the prices?

Akiba's Trip $9.99

Child of Light $4.49

Teraway $7.99 (Been waiting forever for this to go on plus that I lost patience at this point)

Edit: BTW just finished severed, fantastic game, very grateful that Drinkbox decided to make this neat little game for the Vita with their signature art style.

That means you do care

at least a little
Whenever I hear someone corrected for saying "(They) could care less," I'm always secretly puling for them to come back with "That proves it. Now I couldn't care any less."

Sadly, they never do.

___

Edit: Huh, my quoting went all wonky.

@TooPoor - I paid more (or will have paid more once I buy CoL w/o psn+) for all three of those games. I don't regret buying any of them.

Eh, could(n't) care less works both ways, since it's an idiom whose original meaning has been debated. Same with blood is thicker than water.

Near miss.

Sony did not license SanDisk to make their memory stick, they jointly developed the memory stick since Memory Stick Pro. The Memory Stick Pro Duo used in PSP, could be just a mini SD in disguise with magicgate included from Sony (which no one uses), as they are pin-to-pin compatible so a micro SD to Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter works for PSP which doesn't need magicgate.

Sony got "wise" for Vita, made a memory card not easy compatible with others.

They probably didn't think it's a problem for the memory card price when people were willing to pay $100 more for merely 16GB (and now 64GB) on iPhone.

But with the fast improvement in graphics capabilities on cell phone and high capacity included, which took away a big portion of casual or semi-hardcore gamers on portable device, high price of vita memory made the situation worse. And no manufacturers would like to license or invest in a memory card that only 2 struggling devices use when the market is so small (and small market means higher price for memory to recoup the initial production cost while people will still complain why they're more expensive than the dirt cheap micro SD)

I'll take ultra high fidelity gaming and awesome use of computing power for things like physics, AI, and massive on-screen character counts (huge battles, bustling towns and cities, forests full of creatures) than a VR headset with motion controls. At this point in my life I have been gaming for so long that I forget I am even using a controller or kb mouse on really immersive games. I don't need VR for that.
I can't disagree more. Have been gaming for so long since original pac man, and been in game industry for some time (it's the first E3 since 2003 I didn't attend as I'm not qualified anymore), gaming is not only about massive processing power, or no one will buy DS games, mobile games or play retro games. AI, physics and all fancy stuffs are marketing points but the game will flop without a good game design to back it up. And in fact they're more games that lose money than earn or didn't even get published after completed than you might can think of, it's a risky business just like movie industry (so I don't blame EA to play safe in "refreshing" their sports title every year, same to KOEI on their warrior series)

I doubt many people would question Wii has revolutionized how to play console games and Kinect is a step forward in hardware but couldn't get a break thru in game play. VR is in fact always what people want and has appear numerous time in movies and anime, like the recent hit Sword Art Online (and Accel World form the same author which I like more than SAO). Virtual Boy from Nintendo might be a joke for some people but we ought to have some manufacturers to try and one day they might do it right with the advancement of technologies and also good software to support

Sony did not license SanDisk to make their memory stick, they jointly developed the memory stick since Memory Stick Pro. The Memory Stick Pro Duo used in PSP, could be just a mini SD in disguise with magicgate included from Sony (which no one uses), as they are pin-to-pin compatible so a micro SD to Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter works for PSP which doesn't need magicgate.

Sony got "wise" for Vita, made a memory card not easy compatible with others.
They probably didn't think it's a problem for the memory card price when people were willing to pay $100 more for merely 16GB (and now 64GB) on iPhone.
But with the fast improvement in graphics capabilities on cell phone and high capacity included, which took away a big portion of casual or semi-hardcore gamers on portable device, high price of vita memory made the situation worse. And no manufacturers would like to license or invest in a memory card that only 2 struggling devices use when the market is so small (and small market means higher price for memory to recoup the initial production cost while people will still complain why they're more expensive than the dirt cheap micro SD)
Duly noted. So the solution would seem to be Sony dropping their memory card prices.

I can't disagree more. Have been gaming for so long since original pac man, and been in game industry for some time (it's the first E3 since 2003 I didn't attend as I'm not qualified anymore), gaming is not only about massive processing power, or no one will buy DS games, mobile games or play retro games. AI, physics and all fancy stuffs are marketing points but the game will flop without a good game design to back it up. And in fact they're more games that lose money than earn or didn't even get published after completed than you might can think of, it's a risky business just like movie industry (so I don't blame EA to play safe in "refreshing" their sports title every year, same to KOEI on their warrior series)

I doubt many people would question Wii has revolutionized how to play console games and Kinect is a step forward in hardware but couldn't get a break thru in game play. VR is in fact always what people want and has appear numerous time in movies and anime, like the recent hit Sword Art Online (and Accel World form the same author which I like more than SAO). Virtual Boy from Nintendo might be a joke for some people but we ought to have some manufacturers to try and one day they might do it right with the advancement of technologies and also good software to support
I never said I didn't want well made games or games that fit a certain niche. I am a Vita owner after all.

I am all for innovation but currently I have yet to see anything that would make me buy any of the current VR offerings at the current price points.

In regards to the other points you made like the Wii and Kinect revolutionizing gaming, both of those were products I was a fan of. Neither had a long term market and both companies have pretty much abandoned what made them unique in subsequent offerings or support levels. Why should consumers believe VR will be anything different?

In regards to the other points you made like the Wii and Kinect revolutionizing gaming, both of those were products I was a fan of. Neither had a long term market and both companies have pretty much abandoned what made them unique in subsequent offerings or support levels. Why should consumers believe VR will be anything different?
I agree, the Wii motion controls where good on paper, but I rarely ever had them work properly. I never even bothered with the Kinect, but I have experienced it first hand on several occasions, and was never really that impressed. It seemed like a rather expensive side item to the 360/ONE.

Motion controls are all but gone from the gaming industry and only remain as the fad they where. MS has all but forgotten the Kinect, as I no longer see it in ads or bundle sets.

VR may be different, but as stated, the price point is to high for all but the hardcore crowd, and as it sits, I don't see it going much further than the two former mentioned items did. And with so many products across so many manufacturers, I just see confusion at retail, and that will never equal big sales.

If Sony is going to put out a 3rd iteration of the Vita, they may as well get rid of both cameras as well, as 95% of the users don't even bother using it. That will also help reduce the price point. I would also get rid of the touch pad and add two more bumper triggers.

I know the Vita is dead, and I doubt Sony will make another portable console soon. However I think once most 1st world nations get free national wifi or something else that allows you to always be connected with fast speeds, Sony should create another portable console. This way everyone can play their favorite home console games on the go. And by on the go, I mean when on a bus/train to work, in a car, at a hotel, walking around etc.
I use the rear camera to take pictures to share in the PSN conversation groups I'm in frequently.

Does anyone know why Sony thought it was a good idea to change (from proprietary to more ubiquitous) power connectors but not storage? i'm not saying it would have made a definite difference in how things played out, it just seems like an odd choice.  I can understand, to a point, that a different charging cable isn't a barrier to upgrade, bc the new console comes with out, whereas changing media cards would mean a few hurdles to transferring.  But, hell, they could have thrown in a free card with the slim and not really felt it, right? It just seems like someone was thinking about standardizing one part of it but not the other.  Unless they absolutely thought about it, and still thought it was a better idea to stay with their gold-plated Monster cards.  I'm a bit new to this game, but the charge cable was what ultimately made the choice for me between the OLED and Slim... I travel a lot and I can use the same cable for 3 or 4 different devices.  

Sony has already released Remote Play on Windows and Mac, and also their Xperia phones which serves the same purpose to play the favorite console games on the go and it's almost a risk free solution. Remote Play is no more than video streaming + remote control, like VNC. They also has their PlayStation Now subscription service.

I don't see Sony will be interested in making another portable as the research and development cost is too high to take the risk of another flop

There is that patent that Sony just applied for that adds R3/L3 clickers to the Vita... (If that was actually true, have not researched it beyond the article on it when it was revealed)

So a 3.0 Vita may not be dead. (my fingers are crossed anyway though)

Sony has already released Remote Play on Windows and Mac, and also their Xperia phones which serves the same purpose to play the favorite console games on the go and it's almost a risk free solution. Remote Play is no more than video streaming + remote control, like VNC. They also has their PlayStation Now subscription service.

I don't see Sony will be interested in making another portable as the research and development cost is too high to take the risk of another flop
I don't think you understood my point. Right now the technology with internet speeds isn't available, but in the future when we can get current home connections speeds anywhere (metro, on the road, walking on the street), I think a lot of people will want another portable gaming system that will allow you for example play the console version of Call of Duty on the go, or name any other major game franchise that is out on consoles. I know this technology is years away, but I think there will be a good market for another portable console when we have great internet speeds while on the go.

Remote play, as it stands, you must have Wifi to play. You don't get a constant Wifi connection while walking on the streets. In regards to Windows/Mac, nobody plays with a laptop out while walking. In regards to Xperia phones, barely any hardcore gamer prefers touch screen controls over physical controls. And all three of these options also need a fast internet connection while out and about.

Also, Sony has had a lot of flops (PSP: GO, PS Move, Vita) and they still continue putting money in R&D and continue taking chances, just like they are with VR, which as it stands is also a risky move.

I think Sony was the only legitimate competition "N" has ever had in the handheld market, as the PSP had a decent run, but they claim piracy did it in. I think there where many factors, as the DS had more piracy than the PSP did, and that device did really well in spite of it.

In the end, as others have stated, I don't think Sony sees much value in the handheld arena, and won't be coming back there unless the industry has a HUGE shift for some reason in that direction.

I would love to see what they could do with another portable, but with the way they handled the Vita, I would rather they never even bother, unless they are willing to do what needs to be done, and they won't. I'll continue to ride the Vita wave as long as there is software support, and for now, that's not ending anytime soon.

Not that the deals are earth-shattering, but there's a bit of overlap between offers this week.  Until the E3 sale ends on PSN, they're running the "spend $100 from your wallet, get a $15 code."  Best Buy is giving effectively 10% off PSN currency beginning on Sunday.  There's only a few Vita games in the E3 sale, but even if you went after full-priced games, it's something like ~28% off.   I'm thinking of getting Akiba's Trip and Child of Light from the actual sale.  Not sure what else, yet.

bread's done
Back