PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost Dimension/Dungeon Traveler 2 at Gamestop is on sale. $20 New $17.50 Used before any discounts.

Edit- I bought one used. I am assuming it will come complete, is that a good assumption?

VR may be different, but as stated, the price point is to high for all but the hardcore crowd, and as it sits, I don't see it going much further than the two former mentioned items did. And with so many products across so many manufacturers, I just see confusion at retail, and that will never equal big sales.
I think the key with VR is that is has numerous applications outside of the gaming sphere. However, the development costs are so high that it needed a large market with a lot of disposable income to get that initial R&D through and to prove that the tech is there to consumers. That's where the hardcore gaming crowd comes in, basically funding initial development. Once that is done, other industries can start getting in on the action. Just for one example, architects, rather than spending literal millions on model homes, could spend ten or twenty grand on computers and headsets and could do walkthroughs of every home they offer, making option changes on the fly as their customer requests them. In theory, at least, those other industries adopting the tech will lead to it becoming cheaper and better and bringing it down to a price point more affordable to the average gamer. I don't know that it will work (though I hope it does), but I think that's at least some of what Valve and Oculus and the like are hoping for.

Lost Dimension/Dungeon Traveler 2 at Gamestop is on sale. $20 New $17.50 Used before any discounts.

Edit- I bought one used. I am assuming it will come complete, is that a good assumption?
I standing assumption with GS is that I'll get the game cart in a ziplock back, and the cart may or may not be lightly chewed. I think the only way to make sure it's "complete" is if you find it in a local store.

No, GS orders are a crapshoot. I'd say only about half of the Vita games I've ordered from them have had original cases and cover art.

Whenever I get something that's not complete I swap it out (or return it if they don't have a complete one) in-store. At least it saves me a store trip about 50% of the time.

Thanks, I bit. But it had the telltale $2 handling fee that means one or more will ship from a store. Since these are niche titles, they're more likely to have only one copy left at a given store-- the gutted display copy.

I guess I'm saying even buying new from GS is a crap shoot.

I standing assumption with GS is that I'll get the game cart in a ziplock back, and the cart may or may not be lightly chewed. I think the only way to make sure it's "complete" is if you find it in a local store.
A Zip-Loc bag? Dude, GS doesn't have the budget for that! Lucky if you get the game cart with label still intact in a stapled shut paper disc sleeve. ;)

Thanks, I bit. But it had the telltale $2 handling fee that means one or more will ship from a store. Since these are niche titles, they're more likely to have only one copy left at a given store-- the gutted display copy.

I guess I'm saying even buying new from GS is a crap shoot.
It is a crap shoot, but none of the store in my area have a copy in stock, so looks like I'm going to take a chance and order it online today as well.

Shiren for Vita apparently came back in stock at BB, after being unavailable for preorder for the last month or two:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shiren-the-wanderer-the-tower-of-fortune-and-the-dice-of-fate-ps-vita/5046401.p?id=bb5046401&skuId=5046401

Either BB increased their inventory numbers, or someone canceled a preorder opening it up for ordering. I suggest that if anyone wants this game from BB, get your order in soon. BB has been reducing their preorder quantities for more obscure games, for example Odin Sphere for Vita sold out almost immediately and is not available at all anymore.

Shiren for Vita apparently came back in stock at BB, after being unavailable for preorder for the last month or two:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shiren-the-wanderer-the-tower-of-fortune-and-the-dice-of-fate-ps-vita/5046401.p?id=bb5046401&skuId=5046401

Either BB increased their inventory numbers, or someone canceled a preorder opening it up for ordering. I suggest that if anyone wants this game from BB, get your order in soon. BB has been reducing their preorder quantities for more obscure games, for example Odin Sphere for Vita sold out almost immediately and is not available at all anymore.
Just out of curiosity, if you live in a area that Amazon doesn't charge tax and you have prime, are there any other reason for someone to prefer to get pre-orders through Best Buy GCU versus Amazon Prime? I know that some games give you the $10 pre-order coupon, but assuming you don't get that (like for Shiren). I also know you get points towards a $5 coupon via Best Buy, but no tax through Amazon saves you more money than the points towards the $5.

Just out of curiosity, if you live in a area that Amazon doesn't charge tax and you have prime, are there any other reason for someone to prefer to get pre-orders through Best Buy GCU versus Amazon Prime? I know that some games give you the $10 pre-order coupon, but assuming you don't get that (like for Shiren). I also know you get points towards a $5 coupon via Best Buy, but no tax through Amazon saves you more money than the points towards the $5.
In that situation using Prime would be a better option; but I don't have Prime and they charge tax in most states now (including mine). But keep in mind that BB gives the 20% discount on ALL new/sealed games, not just preorders, so to me it's a much better deal.

In that situation using Prime would be a better option; but I don't have Prime and they charge tax in most states now (including mine). But keep in mind that BB gives the 20% discount on ALL new/sealed games, not just preorders, so to me it's a much better deal.
Yeah if I am buying a game that is more than two weeks after the release date, I go with BB. Or if the game gives $10 credit through BB on a pre-order, I also choose BB. In all other scenarios I go with Amazon, like with the pre-order for Shiren.

One benefit I like is being able to head into a store for a return/exchange instead of having to mail things back. I'm jealous of those who don't have to pay tax on Amazon, they built a facility here around 12 years ago.

One benefit I like is being able to head into a store for a return/exchange instead of having to mail things back. I'm jealous of those who don't have to pay tax on Amazon, they built a facility here in around 12 years ago.
Yeah its one of the few benefits of living in DC. Not enough room for an Amazon warehouse and/or too expensive for Amazon.

if I order Dungeon Traveler 2 for shipping at gamestop what are the chances that I will get a gutted copy?
Close to 100%. Niche game with few copies likely, and less new at sites = gutted copy.

Also thanks for posting about Shiren Vita BestBuy. My GCU, BestBuy points and wallet thank you.

if I order Dungeon Traveler 2 for shipping at gamestop what are the chances that I will get a gutted copy?
I've seen it around a few local Gamestop stores around me complete. I bought a new copy from Gamestop awhile ago and it was the gutted display copy, but it was complete and even included the calendar. I think your chances are 50/50 with this one just because the game hasn't been out for that long yet.

I've seen it around a few local Gamestop stores around me complete. I bought a new copy from Gamestop awhile ago and it was the gutted display copy, but it was complete and even included the calendar. I think your chances are 50/50 with this one just because the game hasn't been out for that long yet.
I don't think you know the definition of gutted ;)

IDk if it has been mentioned but at least in europe officially attack on titan for the vita and ps3 is digital and since amazon us has only pre-orders for the ps4/x1 I'm assuming it will be the same here.

IDk if it has been mentioned but at least in europe officially attack on titan for the vita and ps3 is digital and since amazon us has only pre-orders for the ps4/x1 I'm assuming it will be the same here.
Sadly correct, Koei Tecmo announced it would be dl-only for all of the English speaking world over a month ago. Not even Southeast Asia is getting a physical copy.

Sadly correct, Koei Tecmo announced it would be dl-only for all of the English speaking world over a month ago. Not even Southeast Asia is getting a physical copy.
Sure about the Asia part? Saw Heavy Arm put out a tweet about it having one.

Found it - https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/735476672242155521

May have missed a follow up tweet though.

Sure about the Asia part? Saw Heavy Arm put out a tweet about it having one.

Found it - https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/735476672242155521

May have missed a follow up tweet though.
August 26? That's my mom's birthday. I know what to get her! Hopefully, the game has footage from the anime and shows
Eren's mom being eaten.

Anyone have any clue as to how Best Buy decides which Vita games to offer?  Like, they have Shiren but not Yomawari: Night / htol#NiQ...

Anyone have any clue as to how Best Buy decides which Vita games to offer? Like, they have Shiren but not Yomawari: Night / htol#NiQ...
A298P6_2940113b.jpg

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/743212451269775364

I guess that's a new one, never seen it mentioned. They didn't need to announce it with that pic tho. Anyways, another PASS

August 26? That's my mom's birthday. I know what to get her! Hopefully, the game has footage from the anime and shows
Eren's mom being eaten.
I hear it goes through the story at a brisk pace so you'll need to have watched/read it before hand to understand what's going on.

Also the vita version looks like trash. Draw distance is super short and uses icons to represent titans more than 10 ft away from you.

For those who import JP titles.

Just fyi, but they work on PSTV without any hacks or patches.

xt7RG2p.jpg

Tested about 30 games that are compatible, and they all work, so if anybody is big on importing, might be a good idea to pick one up to enhance the experience. ;D

And yes, the US version of the PSTV.

Enjoy.

xt7RG2p.jpg

Tested about 30 games that are compatible, and they all work, so if anybody is big on importing, might be a good idea to pick one up to enhance the experience. ;D

Enjoy.
Wow that's alot of NDS games!

xt7RG2p.jpg

Enjoy.
Can you hire me as a maid or something? I wouldn't mind working for free and help you tidy up and keep everything clean, as long I can borrow some of the games, and watch some of the anime.

A Zip-Loc bag? Dude, GS doesn't have the budget for that! Lucky if you get the game cart with label still intact in a stapled shut paper disc sleeve. ;)

It is a crap shoot, but none of the store in my area have a copy in stock, so looks like I'm going to take a chance and order it online today as well.
What does GameStop charge for shipping (besides the stupid handling fee)?

xt7RG2p.jpg

Enjoy.
In my mind, pulling on a certain DS title from that shelf opens a hidden door to a secret lair. Not like "evil hideout" but more like "secret base in pokemanz."

In my mind, pulling on a certain DS title from that shelf opens a hidden door to a secret lair. Not like "evil hideout" but more like "secret base in pokemanz."
completely random but is your avatar from shiki or xxxholic? It looks familiar but so many characters look like that its hard to remember where its from.

I'd imagine that the games would all fall over on you if you remove one xD

completely random but is your avatar from shiki or xxxholic? It looks familiar but so many characters look like that its hard to remember where its from.

I'd imagine that the games would all fall over on you if you remove one xD
:D it's ame warashi from xxxholic

My biggest fear is waiting for the day after a massive earthquake hits, and the following day's headlines reads "Game over; Man gets crushed to death by his own collection. May he find infinite credits in the afterlife."

bread's done
Back