PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest fear is waiting for the day after a massive earthquake hits, and the following day's headlines reads "Game over; Man gets crushed to death by his own collection. May he find infinite credits in the afterlife."
"Significant other is quoted as saying 'I told him to go digital, but would he listen? Noooooooooooo....'"

My biggest fear is waiting for the day after a massive earthquake hits, and the following day's headlines reads "Game over; Man gets crushed to death by his own collection. May he find infinite credits in the afterlife."
That would be a true CAG way to go. Killed by the backlog.

That would be a true CAG way to go. Killed by the backlog.
Ain't that the truth! My backlog has gotten so out of control I am afraid of drowning in it at this point, I've probably added about 6 or 7 games to it this month alone and we are only half way through the month!

For those who import JP titles.

Just fyi, but they work on PSTV without any hacks or patches.

xt7RG2p.jpg

Tested about 30 games that are compatible, and they all work, so if anybody is big on importing, might be a good idea to pick one up to enhance the experience. ;D

And yes, the US version of the PSTV.

Enjoy.
So of course the screen shot you show is Monobeno.

I've been told....

xt7RG2p.jpg

Tested about 30 games that are compatible, and they all work, so if anybody is big on importing, might be a good idea to pick one up to enhance the experience. ;D

Enjoy.
The vita version is censored right?

So Amazon updated the Shantae preorder for the Vita, and the proper title is now showing....

If you preordered the game under the "Sails" name, it will now show the total for the order at $0. 

It says the preorder is still active and it still shows the Shantae box art and the correct sku, so I don't know wtf is going on. 

Anyone want to (potentially) take one for the team and ask Amazon Customer service about it? I kinda want to leave it to see if it actually ships for free, but on the other hand there is the potential for it to not ship at all. 

So Amazon updated the Shantae preorder for the Vita, and the proper title is now showing....

If you preordered the game under the "Sails" name, it will now show the total for the order at $0.

It says the preorder is still active and it still shows the Shantae box art and the correct sku, so I don't know wtf is going on.

Anyone want to (potentially) take one for the team and ask Amazon Customer service about it? I kinda want to leave it to see if it actually ships for free, but on the other hand there is the potential for it to not ship at all.
I'm kicking myself for canceling-then-reordering when the name first changed (my order still showed "Sails" and I wanted to be sure I'd get my copy), but to answer your question, I wouldn't say a darn thing. If it doesn't ship by the day before release, cancel and reorder then.

Good job bringing attention to something that isn't going to happen to anyone else at this point and isn't going to happen to you now either. Then suggesting you ask them about it which is about as much of a turd licking move as it gets. The odds are slim to begin with but you're dropping them to 0.

Dude, just pre-order another copy.

Good job bringing attention to something that isn't going to happen to anyone else at this point and isn't going to happen to you now either. Then suggesting you ask them about it which is about as much of a turd licking move as it gets. The odds are slim to begin with but you're dropping them to 0.
I guess odds of you not being a dick to someone just dropped to 0 as well.

I understand what you are saying, but there is no need to say what you did. Are you jealous you didn't get it preordered when the name was incorrect or something? I am trying to think of reasons someone would act the way you did, and I just can't think of any.

I've got nothing against you, but come on.

Why would you want to have someone else sacrifice their chance at an Amazon mistake and not step up and take one for the team yourself?

I'm thinking that if you'd prefer someone else to be the sacrificial lamb on this one, you're thinking it might go through so you don't want to bring it up on your own. Someone else, you're happy to let them potentially toss their chance out the window since you're afraid of losing yours.

Either talk to Amazon CS yourself or just wait it out like everyone else was going to do, don't have someone else do your dirty work for you.

I guess odds of you not being a dick to someone just dropped to 0 as well.

I understand what you are saying, but there is no need to say what you did. Are you jealous you didn't get it preordered when the name was incorrect or something? I am trying to think of reasons someone would act the way you did, and I just can't think of any.

I've got nothing against you, but come on.
Probably because being a dumbass and trying to ruin it for everyone is a dick move.

Why would you want to have someone else sacrifice their chance at an Amazon mistake and not step up and take one for the team yourself?

I'm thinking that if you'd prefer someone else to be the sacrificial lamb on this one, you're thinking it might go through so you don't want to bring it up on your own. Someone else, you're happy to let them potentially toss their chance out the window since you're afraid of losing yours.

Either talk to Amazon CS yourself or just wait it out like everyone else was going to do, don't have someone else do your dirty work for you.
Not only this, but it isn't like there is a pre-order bonus to getting this game. I also think there is a very little possibility that the game sells out without a restock. Vita games never sell out, even limited/collector editions within the first few weeks don't sell out. So if those two things are true, why even contact them? At worst you don't get your game on the first day, and then have to order another one at the same price. So in essence you lose nothing by not contacting Amazon.

Not only this, but it isn't like there is a pre-order bonus to getting this game. I also think there is a very little possibility that the game sells out without a restock. Vita games never sell out, even limited/collector editions within the first few weeks don't sell out. So if those two things are true, why even contact them? At worst you don't get your game on the first day, and then have to order another one at the same price. So in essence you lose nothing by not contacting Amazon.
That's the point I was trying to make. There's no reason to discuss this with Amazon pre-release and if the game doesn't ship by release date or gets canceled, order it again from the right ASIN #. You will still get the Prime discount up to 2 weeks post-release, so you still have time post-release to get it.

There's no downside to letting it go and possibly lucking out on a mistake and bringing it up will certainly kill it for the person talking with Amazon and likely everyone else when they see how many copies were pre-ordered.

xt7RG2p.jpg

Enjoy.
only 4 volumes of gintama? thumbs down!

There's no downside to letting it go and possibly lucking out on a mistake and bringing it up will certainly kill it for the person talking with Amazon and likely everyone else when they see how many copies were pre-ordered.
That's probably why I'm still holding on to my SK2 order at DD with hopes of it one day shipping some time in the next decade.

It'll ship one of these days, DAMMIT! I BELEEEEEEVE!

I sometimes forget that every takes things on forums extremely literally and "tongue in cheek" humor doesn't translate well without either annoying emoji's or an abundance of gifs.

Sorry, I'll be more like Squarehard in the future. He's the master at gifs :) <----See that emoji? Am I doing it right now?

I sometimes forget that every takes things on forums extremely literally and "tongue in cheek" humor doesn't translate well without either annoying emoji's or an abundance of gifs.

Sorry, I'll be more like Squarehard in the future. He's the master at gifs :) <----See that emoji? Am I doing it right now?
large.gif

What does GameStop charge for shipping (besides the stupid handling fee)?
Well I order four games total (all for Vita, gotta grow the backlog) and here was the run down.

Sub-Total $66.96

PowerUp Rewards Pro Discount ($0.70)

Sub-Total: $66.26

Handling Fee: $7.99

Tax: $4.46

Order Total: $78.71

I do believe this was the most they have ever charged me for "handling" to date,

Well I order four games total (all for Vita, gotta grow the backlog) and here was the run down.
Sub-Total $66.96
PowerUp Rewards Pro Discount ($0.70)
Sub-Total: $66.26
Handling Fee: $7.99
Tax: $4.46
Order Total: $78.71

I do believe this was the most they have ever charged me for "handling" to date,
At least you got that PowerUps Reward discount! Thanks for the info though.

Ugh I tried to play a digital game on my vita tonight and it wouldn't launch. So I rebuilt the database and when it reboots I only have two pages of icons and everything else is gone, I normally have 5 pages. So lots of reboots and rebuilds and all of the icons are back and it doesn't seem like any data is missing, So now I'm backing up everything to my PC. Has this ever happened to anyone, especially this with 64GB memory cards?

Ugh I tried to play a digital game on my vita tonight and it wouldn't launch. So I rebuilt the database and when it reboots I only have two pages of icons and everything else is gone, I normally have 5 pages. So lots of reboots and rebuilds and all of the icons are back and it doesn't seem like any data is missing, So now I'm backing up everything to my PC. Has this ever happened to anyone, especially this with 64GB memory cards?
I have a 64GB card and have yet to encounter this. The closest issue I have had is games would not launch after I selected for the first time. If what you're going through starts happening to my Vita.

I might have to reconsider my hunt for Vita games and go for the PS3/PS4 versions if they exist. Instead of the other way around. Was thinking about replacing all my PS3 versions of games with their Vita equivalents.

My 64gb card somehow got corrupted about a year ago. Couldn't download any additional games even though I had plenty of space on it. System settings showed zero capacity for the card, like the system didn't recognize the card. I had to reformat the card, then re-download all my games. Been working fine since, but I'm going to be backing it up to the PC more often. Not sure what happened to cause the problem.

Amazon just canceled my order of Shantae and said this, they should of just said we cancelled it because it showed as free 

Shantae: Risky Beats Edition - PlayStation Vita

We recently learned about a problem that prevented us from processing your order properly. Unfortunately, we had to cancel it. You have not been charged.

We're sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Amazon just canceled my order of Shantae and said this, they should of just said we cancelled it because it showed as free

Shantae: Risky Beats Edition - PlayStation Vita

We recently learned about a problem that prevented us from processing your order properly. Unfortunately, we had to cancel it. You have not been charged.

We're sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
It's okay.

We still have SK2 from DD to look forward to.

In the worst case scenario, I figure we'll hold out until Last Guardian releases, and make them ship that to us instead. :D

VICTORY!!!

giphy.gif

FYI Amazon also cancelled my order for Gal Gun for the mysterious "problem" reason in addition to my Shantae cancellation.

So check your orders.
Weird. My first Shantae preorder (the goofy one with "Sails" in the title) got cancelled, but my second one, which I got after they fixed things, is fine. The first batch getting cancelled is a surprise to no one, but it's strange to hear people are having issues with the second batch.

At least you can just put in a new order. Or wait for BBY to list it.

I'm just going to get my copy of Shantae preordered at a local Gamestop.  I had no issue with them for my Fire Emblem Fates SE (it came all nice and sealed with the bonus pins).

bread's done
Back