PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Has world of FF CEs gone up for preorder yet? Can't find them on Amazon or SE store.
It's SE Store exclusive and it's been up since earlier this morning. It's PS4 only though. There is only an LE or Day One of the Vita version although it's not super clear what retailers will have the LE.

It's SE Store exclusive and it's been up since earlier this morning. It's PS4 only though. There is only an LE or Day One of the Vita version although it's not super clear what retailers will have the LE.
Ah, I see. I'll probably go with the LE Vita version. Hopefully its a hardcover art book, but I'm ok with soft. This came just popped up on my radar and I really want it. Feels like it really nails the atmosphere of the FFs I loved, 4-8. Nice to see them go back to those since I have no interest in FF15.

I'd say to wait on cold steel 2 until crunchyroll puts it up discounted again like they did the first 1.  Especially since there's no le for 2 since 1's was made to hold both games.  Which I guess was made and planned before they announced the 3rd game as now you'll have 2 games in the le and the 3rd left orphaned outside it.

Not sure where to post this, but I'll put it here, and it can be posted elsewhere later I suppose(Do we have a PS4 deals thread?).

Vblank is re-issuing RCR DX for the PS4, and it also has a digital PSP release as well. The first 3000 copies are individually numbered and unique from the last release. It drops tomorrow at 10AM PT.

http://vblank.com/20160719.php
This is how it should be done with games of this nature. If there is a demand, create some supply. Give the supply a different number set, to keep the early adopters happy.

I'd say to wait on cold steel 2 until crunchyroll puts it up discounted again like they did the first 1. Especially since there's no le for 2 since 1's was made to hold both games. Which I guess was made and planned before they announced the 3rd game as now you'll have 2 games in the le and the 3rd left orphaned outside it.
Not a chance. I have ToCS 2 preordered from Amazon to show XSeed how much I appreciate them bringing these over.

Not a chance. I have ToCS 2 preordered from Amazon to show XSeed how much I appreciate them bringing these over.
Ditto here. Pre-ordered it a week or two ago. It definitely helps that they are charging only $40 for the second volume, but I appreciate them translating and releasing physical copies of this series. Especially after how long it took to get Trails in the Sky SC over here. With their current handling of Trails of Cold Steel, I don't mind throwing a little pre-order their way.

I recognize that this isn't for everyone. And I don't blame anyone for holding off for a better deal. Cheap-Ass gamers, and all that. But I will personally be letting XSeed and Falcom have my pre-order money.

Does the standard Vita version of "Trillion: God of Destruction" come with reversible cover art like the limited edition version?  

The standard version is on sale on Amazon for like $14.  Source the front page of CAG.

I'd say to wait on cold steel 2 until crunchyroll puts it up discounted again like they did the first 1. Especially since there's no le for 2 since 1's was made to hold both games. Which I guess was made and planned before they announced the 3rd game as now you'll have 2 games in the le and the 3rd left orphaned outside it.
Crunchyroll isn't always worth it and there's no guarantee that they would have it. The shipping from them kills most deals.

This is how it should be done with games of this nature. If there is a demand, create some supply. Give the supply a different number set, to keep the early adopters happy.
Are you willing to reimburse VBlank if they get stuck with thousands of copies of this game because they start to believe that there is really all this demand out there if you take away the scalper/flipper demand? It's nice that VBlank has the financial resources and storage space to take this kind of risk, but considering how long it took them to sell out of the 3.5" disc version, it's not a business model other small companies like LRG and others can or should adopt.

I've gone back through and re-read all the press materials and it now appears to me that the only Vita version at launch will be the "Day One" version. The CE and LE are both PS4 exclusive which frankly makes sense because the LE is the same basic digipack design Square uses on many of their launch version games including the upcoming Tomb Raider PS4.

Same here. Now that BBY has it up I can move my preorder from AMZ (BBY really needs to faster, still waiting on Shantae). My ToCS1 LE box needs its companion!

Probably will be a long time before I get to it. Still looking for cheap venues to import Trials FC, then I have to play that and then import SC.

Ditto here. Pre-ordered it a week or two ago. It definitely helps that they are charging only $40 for the second volume, but I appreciate them translating and releasing physical copies of this series. Especially after how long it took to get Trails in the Sky SC over here. With their current handling of Trails of Cold Steel, I don't mind throwing a little pre-order their way.

I recognize that this isn't for everyone. And I don't blame anyone for holding off for a better deal. Cheap-Ass gamers, and all that. But I will personally be letting XSeed and Falcom have my pre-order money.

Same reason I'm preordering DQ Builders, DQ VII, DQ VIII, etc. If I don't buy the games at retail my grounds to complain about poor sales are baseless.
Same.

When it comes to Vita physical releases, if it interests me.. i'm buying at launch. (With Amazon and BB 20% discounts)

Hard to complain about the lack of "support" for the Vita... and then wait till games go on clearance. With the Vita, i'm less CAG.

Hard to complain about the lack of "support" for the Vita... and then wait till games go on clearance. With the Vita, i'm less CAG.
I normally try my best to support anyone who supports the Vita, so yeah, I've bought way more full price games for the Vita, than probably anyone else.

A lot of my purchases are actually LE sets, so that takes away some of the sting, as at least with those, I can feel better knowing that even though I'm paying full price, at least I'm probably getting it for the best price, as it will more than likely go up in value as long as it wasn't over produced. And I don't think the Vita has anything that has been over produced, except for maybe Sony's complete contempt for the device. LOL

Same reason I'm preordering DQ Builders, DQ VII, DQ VIII, etc. If I don't buy the games at retail my grounds to complain about poor sales are baseless.
I think that's why I typically don't complain about game releases, poor sales, physical or digital, or if games even come out. I am willing to get at launch (pre-order or not) games I'm passionate about. My current list is Shenmue 3 (kickstarter PS4), Shovel Knight (vita), Shantae HGH (vita), DQ VII (3DS), DQ VIII (3DS) & possibly Trails of Cold Steel 2 (Vita). I'm not willing to pre-order or blindly buy random games I have no overall interest in at full price. I know realistically my one purchase means nothing anyway.

Getting so, so, close to owning them all (disregarding all the titles still yet to release this year that is).

Vita R1 Missing:
-
Assassin's Creed Chronicles
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
FIFA 15: Legacy Edition
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Zero Escape: Volume 3: Zero Time Dilemma

Vita R1 Incomplete (cart-only):
-
*FIFA Soccer
*Formula 1: 2011
*Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted

Getting so, so, close to owning them all (disregarding all the titles still yet to release this year that is).
It's difficult for me to muster up the enthusiasm for completing a system sweep collection. For starters, ANY system is going to have some less-than-stellar entries. And I don't feel good about buying clearly bad games just to tick off a check box.

The Vita is a particularly difficult example of this for me. Not because of an overabundance of bad games, but because of an overabundance of non-exclusive games. Just on the brief list you provided, I see at least three different titles that I opted NOT to get on the Vita, because I chose instead to get them on different platforms with greater performance. (usually the PS4) Why would I want to get the Odin Sphere re-make on the Vita, when I could get it on the PS4 instead? I'm sure the Vita version is great, I played the crap out of Muramasa on the Vita, and loved every minute of it. But my copy of Odin Sphere on the PS4 is great as well, and runs in full 1080p.

For multiplatform games, it is always difficult for me to justify picking up the arguably inferior portable copy. It would be a much easier sell if I was a single-platform house, but that is just not the case for me.

Just want to confirm, the "correct" sequence of playing Trials would be:

Sky FC -> Sky SC-> (Upcoming TC?) -> Cold Steel -> Cold Steel 2

Am I missing another series? Want to be clear as I plan out my import of FC and SC. Thanks.

Am I missing another series? Want to be clear as I plan out my import of FC and SC. Thanks.
That seems correct with what's localized. I doubt Sky's sequel will get localized....but you never know!

Trails in the Sky 3rd is getting localized...but PC only :puke:
Glad I bought the first two on Steam. I'm just a bit into the first game and the graphics are amazing, much better than the PSP version I own and much better than expected. Highly recommend Trails in the Sky on PC.

since you Vita collector people are kinda cool too, and in case you don't check the other thread:
Just put in my order. Missed out on the first round of physical copies for this game, thanks to my personal circumstances. Not going to miss out on this re-release. I'll probably share out some of the extra digital codes with my friends and family.

That's my thought process on Vita games too. That's why I'm unsure of preordering Yomawari: Night Alone/htol#NiQ: The Firefly Diary Limited Edition. The first game, from what I saw and read, received mixed reviews and it may be worth a playthrough, but I'll probably never play either more than once. That said, this LE could be nice set to just own.
That's where I'm at for a lot of upcoming Vita games as well. The SEs look pretty cool, but it doesn't mean much if I don't actually enjoy the games. So I'll probably end up waiting to see some reviews for Yomawari, Psycho Pass, and Exist Archive before I make a decision.

Vita R1 Missing:
-
Assassin's Creed Chronicles
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
FIFA 15: Legacy Edition
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Zero Escape: Volume 3: Zero Time DilemmaVita R1 Incomplete (cart-only):
-
*FIFA Soccer
*Formula 1: 2011
*Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted
I know the feeling. Only missing blazblue cp extend, grand kingdom, stranger of sword city, and megatagmension myself

Won't be buying Shiren at launch though so as of Tuesday I'll be missing that. Gotta buy soldner x2 instead

Glad I bought the first two on Steam. I'm just a bit into the first game and the graphics are amazing, much better than the PSP version I own and much better than expected. Highly recommend Trails in the Sky on PC.
Is the one on Steam the same as the "Evolution" remasters that Japan/HK Vita have? I think it has enhanced visuals and tons of more voice over, even sidequests and whatnot.

That's where I'm at for a lot of upcoming Vita games as well. The SEs look pretty cool, but it doesn't mean much if I don't actually enjoy the games. So I'll probably end up waiting to see some reviews for Yomawari, Psycho Pass, and Exist Archive before I make a decision.
I'm waiting for price drops/sales for those. Add to that list MeiQ, maybe World of Final Fantasy, Criminal Girls 2 (I'm on the edge for this...I liked the first one and it seems pretty cool), Valkyrie drive: Bhikkhuni and I'm sure there is some missing. Lots of choices for September/October alone for Vita, even without considering other big games like Final Fantasy XV, Dragon Quest 7 and Builders.....

That seems correct with what's localized. I doubt Sky's sequel will get localized....but you never know!
Thanks, will put off Cold Steel until my Sky imports get here.

There is another series in Japan right? Trials of Jade something something? Can't remember. BTW, have you imported/played Nights of Azure on the Vita? I know graphics are subpar on the Vita, but I think I can bear it as long as there isn't much lag.

I don't think it actually matters. You are still missing three games between Sky SC and Cold Steel 1... plus you are missing 5 games before Sky 1.

Read the wiki's it may help...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes

Also the series The Legend of Heroes spun off from...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Slayer

It is said there are some general tiny bits of content crossover between series, but nothing that should really deter you from playing one before the other. I think the main thing would be the earlier game systems are going to be slightly simpler so maybe for that reason play the Sky series before Cold Steel. But again, it really doesn't matter.

Thanks, will put off Cold Steel until my Sky imports get here.

There is another series in Japan right? Trials of Jade something something? Can't remember. BTW, have you imported/played Nights of Azure on the Vita? I know graphics are subpar on the Vita, but I think I can bear it as long as there isn't much lag.
yes there's 2 other games that didn't get released for us yet. azure and zero I think where the names. We aren't getting them any time soon at least since we have 3rd entries for tits and cs to still get currently. they take place 3 months after the 3rd tits game in cross bell. From what I remember they cover the revolution there.

I think the main thing would be the earlier game systems are going to be slightly simpler so maybe for that reason play the Sky series before Cold Steel. But again, it really doesn't matter.
Yeah the farther you go back the more simple the combat. cold steel is super stream lined so the combats significantly faster. But its also brain dead easy for the first game. No idea on the second or 3rd but I'd imagine they are more of the same. I really hope they balance the games more in the next release so that they aren't ridiculously long like cold steel was while doing basically nothing to make it worth it. It also makes me sad that there was all the stuff class b got to see that you don't get to. That would of been much better time usage on that than the stupid fetch quests and mob hunts.

Just because it irks me just a little bit when someone gets a title wrong (even if I don't personally know the game)...

Trails (not Trials)
Xenoblade
Xeodrifter

And on a more obscure note, Diddy's Kong Quest. It's a play on "Conquest."

Just because it irks me just a little bit when someone gets a title wrong (even if I don't personally know the game)...

Trails (not Trials)
Xenoblade
Xeodrifter

And on a more obscure note, Diddy's Kong Quest. It's a play on "Conquest."
My bad. It's hard to be grammatically correct, verbally correct and mathematically correct at the same time. I'm Asian so I am automatically immune from political correctness.

Picking up my first vita this week (OLED Model). Any must have accessories? I already have an 8 gb memory card from the ps tv bundle. I plan on picking up a 32 gb when I find a decent deal.

Picking up my first vita this week (OLED Model). Any must have accessories?
Hard case that holds 16 games and keeps your Vita completely safe: https://www.amazon.com/Licensed-Playstation-PS-Vita-Traveler-Accessories/dp/B006URYAKS/
If you get more than 16 carts, this 20 cart case is affordable, compact, and uses foam rather than clips so no risk of damaging the carts when removing: https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Storage-Protective-Playstation-PSV1000/dp/B00WE0LUO4/

I also have the Hori screen protector but not everyone likes using a protector on the Vita. I don't even notice mine during use.

Picking up my first vita this week (OLED Model). Any must have accessories? I already have an 8 gb memory card from the ps tv bundle. I plan on picking up a 32 gb when I find a decent deal.
Other than all the talk about Walmart clearance, best I have found recently was from Jet.com (https://jet.com/product/Ps-Vita-32-GB-Memory-Card/726d05bb4b1d45dd8ab96733f07ad781) with TRIPLE15 to get 15% off. Should get you it shipped for $50.99. SHOP15 might give you 20% off.

Who knows how much longer these will be made - if they still even are.

A grip. There are a ton out there so just find one that looks comfortable. The 1000 is especially annoying when it comes to accidentally bumping the rear touch pad. On top of that, trying to curl up your fingers to avoid the touch pad is really uncomfortable. A grip helps a lot!

GLASS screen protector, plastic is garbage.
32gb card, 64gb when there is a decent deal.
Grips, if you have a ps4 get the r2l2 one(not 100% on the name, everyone praises it)
Storage/travel case that protects the sticks. (Not a neoprene type, hard/rigid style)

bread's done
Back