PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for more noob questions, but with the current PS flash sale I'm tempted even more to get a Vita. I saw that someone posted an eBay listing for the slim brand new at $155, and I see them on Amazon for $153. Is that considered a good price or do they tend to go on sale further? I'd rather get a new console than a used/refurbished one.

I just read about the whole memory issue. Is there a trick to getting memory cards cheaper like waiting for a certain annual sale? If I plan on buying games physically, is there a need to have a high storage card in the first place? Would you recommend buying memory cards brand new only or is buying used from like GameStop okay?

Thanks in advance. If there is a general FAQ on CAG that answers stuff like this, I'd appreciate a link!

I saw that someone posted an eBay listing for the slim brand new at $155, and I see them on Amazon for $153. Is that considered a good price or do they tend to go on sale further? I'd rather get a new console than a used/refurbished one.
They tend to go cheaper, especially if they are used/refurbished. Just 3 days ago there was an ebay deal for $100 on a refurbished slim vita. Since you want new, about 2 months ago ebay had new slim vitas for $120.

I just read about the whole memory issue. Is there a trick to getting memory cards cheaper like waiting for a certain annual sale? If I plan on buying games physically, is there a need to have a high storage card in the first place? Would you recommend buying memory cards brand new only or is buying used from like GameStop okay?
Typically, used cards are exactly the same as new cards, it really doesn't matter. Depending on how many physical games you buy, 16GB should be enough for most people if you manage storage space. 8GB is too small. A good price on a 16GB card would be $20. Use that as a reference. 32 GB cards are usually are at a worse price/GB ratio. Some people get 64GB cards, but I think that is overkill. Plus you have to import since they were never available in the states.

Gamestop usually has an annual sale on PS Vita memory cards for the price point I just mentioned during black friday/holidays. You can wait for that or I also suggest checking the Amazon warehouse. They sometimes have used 16GB cards for $25.

You always think the 64gig is overkill until it's almost full.
Conversely, people with full 64gb cards always assume EVVVERYONE else needs a 64gb card too. But the 16gb is perfectly fine for most folks. Espeically for a starter. I'd get one of those.

Not to mention after the things I have read on here I would never shell out for a 64gb, with so many of them ceasing functionality.

Like Sonx said, get the 16 for $20-25 when you can.

I am on the fence about pre-ordering valkryie Drive bihuki. On one hand I enjoy the senran kagura games, in the other they tend to drop in price quickly

Conversely, people with full 64gb cards always assume EVVVERYONE else needs a 64gb card too. But the 16gb is perfectly fine for most folks. Espeically for a starter. I'd get one of those.

Not to mention after the things I have read on here I would never shell out for a 64gb, with so many of them ceasing functionality.

Like Sonx said, get the 16 for $20-25 when you can.
I have a 64GB card, and while I always buy physical when available, my card is full and has been for a long time. These flash sales will fill it quick, and when buying memory, it's more about the value, than what is needed at the time. I don't have a single full sized retail game on my card, as they are all digital only releases, most of which or indie, android, or PS Mobile titles, and 64GB was gone before I knew it

It's not a matter of "will" it ever be filled, but "when" will it be filled? If your device isn't online, or you have no way to buy games online, I guess a 4, 8 or 16GB card would work, but if anyone is planning to even moderately buy digital games, do yourself the favor, and buy the biggest card you can afford at the time of purchase.

I have a 64GB card, and while I always buy physical when available, my card is full and has been for a long time. These flash sales will fill it quick, and when buying memory, it's more about the value, than what is needed at the time. I don't have a single full sized retail game on my card, as they are all digital only releases, most of which or indie, android, or PS Mobile titles, and 64GB was gone before I knew it

It's not a matter of "will" it ever be filled, but "when" will it be filled? If your device isn't online, or you have no way to buy games online, I guess a 4, 8 or 16GB card would work, but if anyone is planning to even moderately buy digital games, do yourself the favor, and buy the biggest card you can afford at the time of purchase.
Personally, I think the question is "What type of gamer are you?" If you are the type who can pick one or two games and stick with them until you're finished and then switch to something new, then you'll almost certainly be fine with a 16 GB card. If you're more like me, who flits between games like crazy and enjoys having a wide variety of games available to suit your mood, then yeah, a 64 GB is worth it. My need was compounded by the fact that my wife and I shared a Vita for a while, and we each were playing different large, digital only games (Atelier and PS1 classics, specifically) and that ate through space fast.

And on the topic of whether 64 GB cards die faster, keep in mind that someone who spent $80+ on a card is far more likely to come asking for help if there are issues than someone who has issues with a $20 card, who might be more inclined to just replace it. You can't just look at this thread and decide that the 64 GB cards are worse, since a bunch of people who are simultaneously collectors, vita fans, and cheap is an extremely stilted sample group.

You can always buy another card later and then sell your old one.  No reason for a new Vita owner to go shell out a hundred bucks for a memory card right off the bat.

You can always buy another card later and then sell your old one. No reason for a new Vita owner to go shell out a hundred bucks for a memory card right off the bat.
I do agree^, as I started with 8GB, and then went to 16GB, 32GB and finally 64GB. I then sold each as you stated to pay for the next one up, and since I had gotten good deals each time, I rarely came out of pocket for the upgrade.

This was at launch, and PSN was pretty bare in regards to digital games(at least for Vita), and my plan at the time was for all physical, so my 8GB was a good plan for the time. Especially considering how much the Vita was at retail, and how much the memory cards cost at that time.

Of course if funds are an issue, get what can be afforded, but memory card prices while still high, are a hell of a lot better than they where when the Vita launched, and the digital market is insane in regards to titles, so still, the more space you can afford, the better off you'll be in the long run.

Best day ever. Was eating dinner near a GameStop and checked the app while waiting on food. They had a Supremacy MMA in stock! I reserved it and went over after dinner. It was complete!

Is Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni- gonna be sold anywhere other than amazon and Rice? My prime ran out and I'm not renewing so of course hoping for Best Buy.

I am loving my Vita I just bought. Only messed around with Modnation Racers and Hot Shots Golf but I'm gonna start Gravity Rush tonight.

Ok then, I'm fine with Amazon I guess.

Why did they make downloading games confusing. I want to buy Final Fantasy VIII. I can't just download it to my Vita? My PS3 bit the dust and I upgraded to a PS4 after that.

Going to Gamestop and Best Buy tomorrow to poke around and see how I'm gonna start a never ending backlog for my new system.

Anyone think VGP will get the Steins Gate Ce?

You should be able to access the psn store on the Vita and download directly. Not sure what your issue is exactly.

Why did they make downloading games confusing. I want to buy Final Fantasy VIII. I can't just download it to my Vita? My PS3 bit the dust and I upgraded to a PS4 after that.

Going to Gamestop and Best Buy tomorrow to poke around and see how I'm gonna start a never ending backlog for my new system.
I can't speak out of experience but this makes it seem like you can download it directly? I think if you have the PSP you need to connect it to the PS3.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Download-and-Play-Content-on-PS-Vita-and-PlayStation-TV

Anyone think VGP will get the Steins Gate Ce?

You should be able to access the psn store on the Vita and download directly. Not sure what your issue is exactly.
They'll get their own version of the CE, which will probably include an artbook or something.

So far, VGP has gotten their own "exclusive" versions of PQube releases that comes with extras, but not an actual boxed CE.

As far as an answer goes, kinda. :p

The card will be filled if it's 64GB, 128GB or might be even 512GB if you're going after any games. It's like memory card of a camera, you don't need gigantic size, you just need to move the photos or games you don't play to a PC or redownload it.

If you're a gamer that play only 1 or 2 games at a time, finish or get bored of it and move on to another, you just need a memory card that can fit 2 largest games you will play at a time. I think 16GB or even 8GB will do. That's what I do.

I hear the plot is filled with sticky situations.
sexpun_t_come_by_skeletonjack666-d3ivix3.png
Its coming soon on a vita tv near you!

FFVIII is available directly on Vita. For some reason you have to find it with the search function. I didn't see it elsewhere. That's how I got it on Friday

Someone posted some stuff about a Slim PS4... and the article linked also mentioned the person worked on a heavier PS4 and that there was production started on a PSP like device...

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/rumor-ps4-slim-images-leaked

Maybe we are getting a new version of the Vita? At least it's only a few weeks away from that sony event thing mentioned.
I would kill for a PSP2.

>plays the vita cards AND UMDs

>plays PSP memory cards for both psp and vita memory

>Actual Sony support

>Improved hardware - better graphics and load times

>perhaps L2 and R2 buttons somehow

This would be my wish list

Maybe the new handheld will be a Vita a la PSPGo: extremely slim form factor and no support for physical games. Essentially, a PSTV with a screen.

If they are indeed coming out with a new model, I would put my money on a model with L2/R2 and improved remote play connections. They said "climate not good" for handhelds, but they can piggyback on the PS4's massive success.

I would buy one whatever it is anyways....

bread's done
Back